[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Daryl everything Ein should have been?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: daryl-lorenz.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
daryl-lorenz.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
Is Daryl everything Ein should have been?
>>
>>14150736
daryl had a hard life
>>
>>14150736

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARYLL

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARYLL
>>
File: 9764974794.png (745 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9764974794.png
745 KB, 1280x720
>>14150736
cute?
>>
Is OP everything Anon should not have been?
>>
>>14150736
Nah Daryl is a pretty cool guy.

Ein on the other hand deserved everything that happened to him.
>>
>>14150736
Thunderbolt is everything IBO should have been.
>>
>>14150736
It's baffling just how much better characterized everyone is in Thunderbolt despite it being only over an hour long vs 26 whole fucking episodes for IBO.
>>
>>14150736
Genuinely felt sad for him when they showed him holding his dad's hand
And that scene was what, 2 minutes long? Done a helluva lot more efficiently than a certain other gundam series.
>>
>>14150736
As a well-developed and likeable character? Yeah. The problem is that doing so would make Mika and the rest of the orphans look like the bad guys by comparison. Whereas Ein was just a mindless, sad, unsympathetic retard, so no one gave a fuck when he died.
>>
>>14152896
But that's wrong. The rest of orphans do look like bad guys and half of the audience was on Ein's side.
>>
>>14152896
I was sad when Ein died. His DORIRU KIKKU was the best thing in IBO.
>>
ネタだけならマーベルゾンビーズの非常食
>>
>>14150736
His music taste is shit tho
>>
>>14150736
The show try to hard to make Daryl a character in which the viewer must feel pity.
Actually I do not think there is much difference between Daryl and Ein.

The difference is that Daryl is a competent winner , and Ein is an incompetent loser.
>>
>>14151862
That's the power of showing and not telling.
>>
>>14154512
>GUYS WHY WAS HE JUST HOLDING A HAND AND BEING SAD
>PEOPLE LOSE HANDS ALL THE TIME WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL
>WHAT, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT'S HIS DAD'S, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING
>>
>>14151599
>Thunderbolt is everything IBO should have been.

So the blind guiding the blind eh ? Good God.
>>
>>14151862
I liked how they showed it instead of monologuing about it like in IBO
>>
>>14150736

>literally had to scroll through the thread to even remember who ein was

yes
>>
>>14154549
1/28
>>
TEARS OF SADNESS
>>
File: biograph.jpg (16 KB, 180x246) Image search: [Google]
biograph.jpg
16 KB, 180x246
>>14154583
I literally thought it was the dude from AZ.
>>
>>14153756
Winner? Sure, but given that is the OYW and it about two weeks before the final assault on A Baoa Qu. An assault that forced Zeon to disarm (sort of).... what did Daryl win exactly?
>>
>>14154946
My heart
>>
>>14154955
I guess, but that s the real pity of it. Daryl did everything that he could... even gave a working hand to the cause (literally), and the best he can say it that he has the Doctor, you know the one with massive brain damage, no smarter than a child. Which in two weeks... means NOTHING!

Ein didn't have much to go on (and frankly wasn't much of a character aside from his "Revenge"), but then again... neither does Daryl in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>14154976
no i mean i want to fuk him
>>
>>14154987
So he is Gar?
>>
File: image.jpg (561 KB, 3360x2100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
561 KB, 3360x2100
Why feel sad for a cripple with pleb taste in music when you have Chad Thunderbolt?
>>
>>14154976
>Ein didn't have much to go on (and frankly wasn't much of a character aside from his "Revenge"), but then again... neither does Daryl in the grand scheme of things.
I think it is to do with what is more understandable. Losing a part of your body, understandably shitty, especially if you were forced into a war. He's trying to support his family which is again understandable. When he loses a friend he is usually driven in that moment to do something but it isn't like it becomes his world, hell the first one he didn't even seem to like much but just has a minor guilt over. Although I don't think he is an amazing character he acts in a relatively human manner

Ein is driven to crazy levels by one guy getting killed, that's all we get and neither him or crank we learn much else about. Their relationship was never even that clear until much later where he goes oh crank was nice to me this one time. Him going 1 to 100 like that isn't very relatable or human
>>
>>14155001
Daryl, he is a gar
>>
>>14155008
>tfw true patrician gundam.pilot
>>
>>14155012
Oh if you are talking characters, then I agree with you. The progression to the blood curdling rage that builds with each episode, each sortie, every friend and comrade that takes a beam to the face... build a better character in Daryl. But it would have to since the animosity between him and Io basically hold Thunderbolt together.

Ein's isn't nearly as important, so doesn't have nearly as much buildup. Which is sad when they had so much time to show something, but again, Ein is just another mook in it all. Daryl is a little more than that.
>>
>liking Mr Peg Legs
>>
>>14150736
Does anybody have the episode 4 torrent ?
>>
>>14155138
N Y A A
Y
A
A
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.