[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel Mummies Alive is a bit leaning more on /m/ - except change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 2-mummies-alive.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2-mummies-alive.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
I feel Mummies Alive is a bit leaning more on /m/ - except change the metal to stone.

Looking back, it was kinda mediocre, but it did have some funny moments.
>>
>>14137829
While I did love this show, saying this is /m/ is similar to saying Saint Seiya is /m/, and Saint Seiya isn't /m/.
>>
>>14137829
ZA WARUDO
>>
>>14137847
I thought the concept of powered armor is /m/
>>
I sure remember the big guy being funny.
>eats dog cookies, even after he finds out what they really are
>punched a fighting tournament sumo wrestler so hard that said sumo lost his lunch

Then there's the time the main villain shut up his talking scepter with a rock. Good times.
>>
https://youtu.be/p7C0arR310g

I remember this show, was pretty entertaining.

However it is not remotely /m/, take it back to /co/ seriously.
>>
>tfw Ghost was once rumored as an Egyptian Kamen Rider
>>
>>14137865
Except this isn't "powered armor". This is more like "transforming into a lightly-armored superhero".
>>
>>14137829
It seems to me the 90s had a lot of kinda mediocre cartoons that nobody really remembers--there were so damn many. Biker Rats from Mars, that skeleton biker cartoon, Family Dog, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>14138027
There were a lot of excellent ones as well, Pirates of Dark Water, Animals of Farthing Wood, Centurions, Batman: TAS, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, most of the CN original cartoons etc.

It just seemed like upon the millenium it the entire cartoon industry just suddenly upped and died. But yeah this discussion isn't /m/ and belongs somewhere else.
>>
File: 2376980.jpg (176 KB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
2376980.jpg
176 KB, 1100x618
>>14137911
>Rumored
>>
>>14137847
Agreed, but the transformation sequences in this were Obari as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek6JZo7pbUM
>>
>>14138140
>Let's kick Tut

I miss these really old cartoons.
>>
Looking back, 80's had really /m/-themed shows even if it wasn't the focus. Fuck, He-Man is pretty /m/ all things considered, same with Thundercats.

Is it because of the lingering Star Wars effect as well as the Star Trek movies?

>>14137949
it's powered armor in the same sense that SS is

>>14138027
>>14138077
Biker Mars was top tier tho

Also is that skull rider the one that harnesses power from the skull?

>>14138097
not the main theme

Imagine if the main character uses power of Egyptian Gods
>>
>>14138140
this is just begging TVN subtitles
>>
>>14138153

You miss cringing nearly every minute?
>>
>>14138303
Looking it up, I was thinking of "Skeleton Warriors"--that was the one that had some "LightStar Crystal" or something, not sure it was a skull specifically.
>>
>>14138324
yeah that's the one, their enemies are skeletons but they base their powers on the skull too

also had a creepy CGI skull that talks to the viewers at the end
>>
>>14138314
How the fuck would that work? Mistranslated and untranslated hieroglyphics in the subtitles?
>>
>>14138366
no, the usual WITH THE STRENGTH OF RA! then scrolling effects of their artifacts
>>
>>14138322
Yes. Also I was like 7 back then and Captain Planet was my shit.
>>
>>14138595

So you had garbage taste even as a kid.
>>
>>14137829
Who let The World join the team?
>>
what color is the big guy
>>
>>14138027
>Family Dog
At least most people alive wouldn't have caught that one (unlike the game).

>>14138077
Not to mention Beast Wars, Swat Kats and Mighty Ducks. Sure, the latter had almost nothing to do with the movies, but it was cool (plus, can't beat having villains voiced by both Tony Jay AND Tim Curry).
>>
>>14139096
>Beast Wars, Swat Kats
Speaking of which I heard apparently there is a move right now to try bring back Swat Kats. Also 2nd OP just because it was great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzVaEf7_UD4
>>
>>14139404
Yup, heard of the Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820796125/swat-kats-revolution/description
>>
>>14138966
Purple. He can't be yellow because they're all yellow, or gold to be more precise.
>>
>>14139429
last I heard it came out in a con but nothing else
>>
>>14137829
Green guy was the best. Single-handedly made the show worth watching.
>>
>>14138303
>it's powered armor in the same sense that SS is
Saint Seiya is powered armor in one of those really tortured "what you think is magic is actually ridiculously advanced ancient technology" ways. Cosmo is nuclear fission, and the Cloths are some kind of ancient reactor harness, but none of the cultures involved in their creation were running around with flying cars or anything.

But the Steel Saints in the original and then again in Omega are wearing 100% legit normal technology-based powered armor with fucking laser guns on them or some shit.
>>
>>14143223
>but none of the cultures involved in their creation were running around with flying cars or anything.

>We have created a large source of cheap renewable clean energy before our kingdom was doomed, surely we can usher in a new age of prospe...
>Let's make a battle armour with it.
>What, surely making novelty weapons is a gross misuse of...
>Fuck you, it's going to be a awesome shiny battle armour.

And soon after that their entire civilization collapsed.
>>
>>14137873

I used to eat dog biscuits.

Honestly some of them are pretty good and it kind of tricked the dog into wanting them more if I split them with her.
>>
>>14138614
>Shitting on Mummies Alive and the Captain

Get the fuck out and stay out.
>>
>>14143639

You're the one who needs to fuck off, /co/fag. We have enough garbage here already, we don't need more.
>>
>>14143223
MA have tech though.

I mean fuck, since when did egyptians have flying backpacks that doesn't use propulsion or a card called "Hot Ra"?
>>
>>14143269
The Athenian Cloths were made and distributed by humans in order to counteract the Scales, which is the armor worn by Poseidon's jackass crew (who at the time was trying to take over the world again). Exactly who made the Scales is never explained, nor are the origins of any of the other groups of armor (Hades' Surplices, the anime-only God Robes given to Odin's crew, whatever the fuck the South American guys had, etc.), or even what the Gods themselves wear (Kamui).

But at some point in 199X some techno geeks solder some Dustvacs together and make transforming robot suits that can fly, take punches from ancient superbeings from Hell, and even suck up their crazy magic juice. So what do the Gods really know?
>>
>>14143765
If you want the type of people that refuse to admit ever having bad judgement as a kid, you're going to have a board full of autists.
>>
>>14138153

It 's classic cartoon dialouge, but if you stop for a moment to consider, it doesn't really make sense.

Unless they detested Tutankhamen so much they turned his name into a slur.
>>
>>14144928
They misheard the guy they're supposed to guard saying "Let's kick butt!" and said "Why on Earth would anyone want to kick Tut?", but then decided to roll with it.
>>
>>14144928
>Unless they detested Tutankhamen
Wasn't he attached to an unpopular dynasty that tried to eliminate the polytheistic system they'd been using forever?
>>
>>14145839
His father, Akhenaten, was the one who tried to introduce monotheism, I think.
>>
>>14145839
No, that was the guy before him. Tut reverted it back.
>>
>>14143269
We all know what really happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirq4laOhcU
>>
>>14145839
>>14145844
>>14145846

All the same, poor guy didn't have a good life, it seems. Only one good leg due to inbreeding family lines, constant malaria and other illnesses, and a shattered hip that contributed to his body giving out.

Just listing them out makes me squirm.
>>
>>14145844
>>14145846
yeah, see if these guys get their powers from the gods (do they? I watched like, an episode of this ever) then even the son of the guy who fucked with their system should be on their shitlist going by how most gods hold a grudge

sorta related, Zecharia Sitchin's stuff would make a great OVA series with ancient ayyylmao political intrigue
>>
>>14145869
forgot my saucers
sage for 2x
>>
One bit from Mummies Alive that still makes me chuckle is when of them scared a drunk driver away from his car with that freaky monster face thing they do sometimes.
>>
how does someone from America become a descendant of a Pharaoh
>>
>>14152057
At least America is a nation of immigrants. What is fucking Yugi Moto's excuse? oh but he only solved the puzzle
BULLSHIT, WHY DOES THE PHAROAH LOOK EXACTLY LIKE HIM IN FLASHBACKS?
>>
File: fuck this gay al-ard.jpg (109 KB, 792x446) Image search: [Google]
fuck this gay al-ard.jpg
109 KB, 792x446
>>14145872
>Sitchins and von Daniken will never co-write a mecha anime
Is there even a point to living now?
>>
>>14144483
Bit late to worry about that
>>
>>14137829
Didn't they share a lot of the same VA's as Beast Wars?
>>
>>14156096
isn't that a norm in the 90's
>>
>>14137847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjbfJoRg6Fs
>>
>>14152057
Reincarnation, not descendant. Presley is the reincarnation of the royal kid who the bad guy murdered...

Wow, they would never make this today.
>>
>>14159876
Didn't they have an episode where the Pharaoh kid meet Presley? Wouldn't that mean he'd know Scarab wanted to murder him?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.