[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of the greatest /m/ comics ever made. Agree or disagree, and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 8
File: Getter-Robo-01-000a.jpg (892 KB, 1022x1474) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-01-000a.jpg
892 KB, 1022x1474
One of the greatest /m/ comics ever made. Agree or disagree, and why?
>>
>>14132580
Agree.

By the way, want to bet that he's going to be here in a minute?
>>
Something something shitpost getterfags spics Nagai Gainax etc etc
>>
>>14132602
What exactly is the whole Getter-spic thing anyway? It seems to follow Getter Robo discussion wherever it goes on this board.

I've been trying to figure it out but I can't.
>>
>>14132608
Something about various classic mecha anime only getting localization in Spain and Italy
>>
>>14132608
It's used to filter out casuals and hispanics from the fanbase by pissing them off.
>>
File: title2na0tr2fe3.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
title2na0tr2fe3.jpg
172 KB, 1024x768
>>14132626
Los Caballeros del Zodiaco es /m/, puto.

Gringos have shit taste, desu
>>
I'm currently working my way through it and really enjoying it for what it is. 2 quick questions though -

Why are all the chapters such different lengths? One's 55 pages, the next is over 140. Did it have a weird publication history or something.

What's up with chapter 9? The art style is drastically different, like it was drawn in a different decade. Then with chapter 10 it goes back to normal. Did someone else draw it or is it some one shot from 10 years later that was inserted into later compilation volumes?
>>
>>14132608
It's our clawshrimpy. Here's one of his threads >>14119016
Every single day, he'll come through and make the same shitposts. Additionally, he'll just camp the same threads so he'll bump them all at once. You'll constantly see multiple Dynamic Pro related threads being bumped withing a short time span with shitposts. It's the same loser. He's italian, btw
>>
>>14132691
>Why are all the chapters such different lengths?
Manga compilations commonly put chapters together.
The chapters with a different art style were made decades later.
>>
>>14132716
That makes sense. Thanks for response. Think I'll skip chapter 9 and come back to it after I finish the original chapters then.
>>
>>14132752
That's dumb, but okay.
>>
I agree, but only on the basis that I haven't read much /m/ manga that I've enjoyed. I think mecha works best in an animated medium. It's much harder to appreciate the action when all you have are static images and no colour (though granted, a lot of anime have slideshow action scenes anyway, but still). I still didn't think much of the story, until Shin and Arc. It seemed to finally be going somewhere interesting with trying to explore what Getter Rays actually are and what their goal is, but it got cut short before we got an answer.
>>
>>14132798
>I think mecha works best in an animated medium. It's much harder to appreciate the action when all you have are static images and no colour

What a disgusting pleb.
>>
File: unamused zaku.png (105 KB, 460x420) Image search: [Google]
unamused zaku.png
105 KB, 460x420
>>14132712
>It's our clawshrimpy
I miss when Clawshrimpy was our Clawshrimpy.
>>
>>14132904
Clawshrimpy belonged to the GGG fanbase.
>>
>>14132712

I hope you do realize I'm not alone at it. Cute comparison, though. But I can't compare to him, Clawshrimpy was pissing off almost the entire board. I only have one or two blind fanboys way too insecure about their own tastes and constantly trying to prove the relevance of their favorite artist by using hyperbole and pretending he's widely known outside of their ghetto.
>>
>>14132960
Here's your reply.
>>
>>14132973

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm fully aware you guys have no argument to use against me, anyway. Maybe if you check some japanese boards, you may find people who think like you. They barely even touched any classic manga, but they got aware of Ishikawa because of Super Robot Wars and also like the idea they know about this influential visionary genius history forgot.
>>
>>14133035
Here's your reply.
>>
File: Sainta Sho Vol 7 C27 00.png (2 MB, 860x1300) Image search: [Google]
Sainta Sho Vol 7 C27 00.png
2 MB, 860x1300
>>14132655
saint seiya a shit.

saintia a best.

not even trolling.
>>
>>14132580
it is pretty good,
now, i want to say that the constant thread after thread people has been spawning recently feels a little...forced to say the least. i mean, we have this other thread as well >>14132829, and the post has the same sentence from other other thread's original post, and i remember seeing someone on another thread shitting on other works and dicksucking the getter franchise, it kinda felt that it was on a ironic way and that he was acting like the inverse of the "spic" shitposter these threads usually have.
are the shitposters starting to vary their baits?
i think i'm starting to get a little paranoic
>>
>>14133039

It's hard when the troll is the one making sense, isn't it?
>>
>>14133133
>it is pretty good,

I can agree with that. It's pretty good. Yes, it's. End of the discussion. It's no holy grail of manga history. It's a good manga, entertaining to read and that's about it. Just like many others from its time.
>>
>>14133035
Why should I be surprised? They "forget" a lot of things, like the Nanking massacre. Never trust a nip.
>>
>>14134126

I agree. Ishikawa might have been a old shame for Japan.
>>
>>14134316
just like your mom
>>
>>14133077
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AND WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF IT???
>>
>>14133035

Because he is.

>>14134316

Just like Nagai then.
>>
>>14132904
On right forgot you can only like one thing ever and hate all the rest.
>>
>>14132580
I can't disagree, or else I'm gonna get called a spic.
>>
>>14139493
you are already one
>>
>>14139502
See this is what I'm talking about.
It's because of this kind of things people hate the getter fanbase here.
>>
>>14139514
I'm not doing anything. I just said that I can't disagree or else I was gonna get called a spic, and not only that happened, but you also called me mario.
Don't complain later when everyone thinks of you badly.
>>
>>14139508
>>14139519
By saying you can't disagree, then you're already outing yourself as a spic.

>people hate the getter fanbase here.
So what? I just hate spics.

Why should I act in such a way to not hurt your feelings about those bad getterfags? Get over it spic.
>>
>>14139535
>By saying you can't disagree, then you're already outing yourself as a spic.
I'm not, by saying that I meant that I can't disagree that getter robo is one of the greatest comics ever made because if I do, I get called things I am not, because of a fanbase that can't accept negative opinions. Just that.

Also you calling me a spic twice doesn't help your opinion or your fanbase.
>>
>>14139603
Mario, stop falseflagging.
>>
>>14139613
>spic
>mario
>falseflagging

Cool, so those are your "arguments"? It's no wonder you guys got voted as the most autistic fanbase on /m/, even surpassing the Gundam fanbase.
>>
>>14139626
I seriously think it's two or three autists who do it every time. Same ones who post "Here's your (You) shitposter-kun". I can't tell if they're actually Getter fans or real false flaggers though.

Watch me get called a spic, Mario, false flagger, shitposter-kun, reddit, MAL, a username from some retarded forum, etc.
>>
>>14139603
>>14139626
>because of a fanbase that can't accept negative opinions
>your opinion or your fanbase.
>fanbase

The only person autistic enough to give a damn about the fanbase is you. Not even a getterfag like myself gives a shit about the fanbase. Just because I like Getter doesn't mean I won't shit in their mouth the moment I hate them.

Do you have an intelligently formed opinion about Getter, or is it just all "I hate Getter because some people called me a spic and that hurt my feelings, so I'm going to call the people who called me a spic an autist, that will show them!" or not?
>>
File: 37953453_big_p29.jpg (160 KB, 700x1600) Image search: [Google]
37953453_big_p29.jpg
160 KB, 700x1600
>>
>>14139654
>I seriously think it's two or three autists who do it every time.
Yeah it's really bad because not only it makes every getter thread a shitposting cesspool, but actual getter fans are bundled together with those idiots.
Shame really.

>>14139666
But you're still part of that fanbase, and by calling me spic, mario or falseflagger you're only hurting said fanbase, even if you don't care about them.

>Do you have an intelligently formed opinion about Getter, or is it just all "I hate Getter because some people called me a spic and that hurt my feelings, so I'm going to call the people who called me a spic an autist, that will show them!" or not?
Well first of all I never said that, so stop shitposting. And more importantly I do have an opinion, but like I said earlier, that opinion can't disagree with OP's one because (like it just happened) I will get called a spic.
>>
>>14139691
Unlike some of you cucks here, I don't try to pretend that the fanbase I'm in is all polite and respectful towards each other. I've seen that kind of cuckholdery going on in other fanbases already and they all feel like they're walking on egg shells because they're small and niche. I feel no such insecurity about the giant robot cartoons I like.

If you get turned off by Getter because I called you a spic, then you're a retard who cannot make up your own mind about the stuff you actually like.

Oh, and if people associate me with these other getter fans, then it's their own fault for stereotyping a small group of people. Other getterfags can say whatever they want. It's not my problem.
>>
>>14139691
>I will get called a spic.
Yeah and I'm the getter autist. Why do you care, spic?

I shit in your mouth, you shit in my mouth in return. You're all cucks.
>>
>>14139719
>shitposts
>says cuck repeatedly
Yup, getter shitposters are /pol/tards. You saw it here first folks. It makes sense that they would came up with a spic as their boogeyman.
>>
Please Getter Emperor come and eat this thread.
>>
>>14139730
>You're all cucks.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>14139736
>>14139740
So what if I browse /pol/? I also like giant robot cartoons and getter has the most attractive ideas to a /pol/tard.
>>
>>14139730
I never shit in Getterfags mouths. I like what I've seen of Getter. I never post in Getter threads either. I'm just commenting on rampant spic-calling across the board which I can only assume comes from Getter autists or false flaggers. Stop taking out your frustration on the whole board.
>>
>>14139719
You're 100% right, but no one will listen because you've made them angry. Keep doing it, brother. Not being sarcastic. Mincing words is pointless and harmful.
>>
OP here, this thread is turning out better than I could have hoped for.
>>
>>14139744
>>14139755
Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>14139758
-You were litterally asking for it with a question like that.
Should've asked how they think arc would've ended, that's much more interesting. Personally I Getter would absorbed Bug and the universe while wires and shit dig into everyone's bodies while space ghost Ryoma shows up and preaches everyone to calm down and accept it. All while everyone have their stream of bullshit existincial euphoria.
>>
I can tell you my opinion but it's pointless like discussing Gundam on this board. Mad autists will get mad for reasons unknown.
>>
>>14139785
At least they only get mad and say you have shit taste, here the moment you say something they don't like you're inmediately branded a spic and your opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>14139776
>You were literally asking for it with a question like that
Good job anon, you managed to figure out the obvious.
>>
>>14139794
So if I prove I'm not from Spain or Italy, I'm still important?
>>
>>14139810
It doesn't matter to them, once you're branded a spic they'll just pretend every single post from you is a shitpost.
>>
>>14139826
Not like they'd be wrong to be fair
>>
>>14139755
I agree. I stopped trying to accommodate people into getter a long time ago.

If people don't like it, they can fuck off and go jerk off to Gundam or something. I have no obligation to defend fictional drawings or try to appease its detractors.

>you say something they don't like you're inmediately branded a spic and your opinion doesn't matter.
No one is obliged to write you a letter to you just because you happen to have a special opinion.

If I say your tastes are shit, you're just going to reply the same thing to me. You will also insist that I defend Getter, even when I don't care about what you think about it. Why bother with all of that when I can call you a spic and be done with it?
>>
>>14139828
Heт, ты.
>>
>>14139775
What's /pol/ about my post? I'm a registered democrat.
>>
>>14139828
They would actually, since there's no way to prove he is an actual spic instead of a made up boogeyman.

>>14139834
What is it with getter fans and gundam though? Why do they always try to shift the blame to their fanbase when in reality they are the ones that do all the shitposting?
>>
>>14139826
Just make legitimate discussion and people will take you seriously. Lay off the buzzwords and actually know what you're talking about. If you make a bad post, you're just going to be branded.
>>
>>14139859
>Just make legitimate discussion and people will take you seriously
See that's the thing, if you make a legitimate post, it would not matter to them, since in that post I said something bad about getter robo, thus I'm gonna get called a spic inmediately.
>>
>>14139875
if I made*
>>
>>14139858
It's called an EXAMPLE.

Go jerk off to Symphogear if you want.
>>
>>14139859
>Lay off the buzzwords
Every word is a buzzword, anon.
>>
>>14139875
>I said something bad about getter robo
Would you still say it if there was no Getter fanbase? Of course not. You're only saying it's bad because you're looking for attention, not because you have legitimate concerns about the series.

People who look for attention are spics, as a matter of fact.
>>
>>14139883
But you used an example that gets fairly used in getter threads, and often related to posts that tell other people to "fuck off back to gundam".

>>14139893
>Would you still say it if there was no Getter fanbase?
But there is a getter fanbase, and they only get bad reputation because of shitposters like you who insist on calling everyone they dislike a spic.
>>
I'm gonna go ahead and take a shit, and when I'm done, it will be better than any iteration of Getter by a mile.
>>
>>14139875
That's simply not true. Unless your post is bad. You're already getting shitposted, so why not just make this fabled good post of yours? You literally make no sense.
>>
>>14139902
>gets fairly used in getter threads,
Correct. I like pissing off gundamfags. They're an easy target. That's hardly the main reason though. The main reason is that they're the biggest fanbase around here and the first one that comes to mind. I could have been a ginguiserfag and I would still refer back to Gundam.

>>14139908
Trying way too hard, spic.
>>
>>14139909
>why not just make this fabled good post of yours?
Because you guys already proved my point, that there can't be no negative opinions about getter robo without being called a spic.

Why would I express my opinion when it's just gonna be branded as a shitpost?

>>14139923
>Correct
So you are giving me the reason, and getter fans are actually shifting the blame. Got it.
>>
I like it but the story feels incomplete and not even because the dude died before the final arc but the flow of the story just seems to start and stop constantly with new characters and you never get a conclusion for things.
I still don't even know what I was suppose to think about Getter Rays.
Were they evil? The manga seems to suggest that they are a threat but never really goes to the full length with that plotline.
Character are also pretty unlikable for the most part but the action makes up for it.
Go is the closest to being actually good and I still would have preferred to have a story arc as good as this with the previous Getter team since the new guys kinda suck.
>>
>>14139929
>Why would I express my opinion when it's just gonna be branded as a shitpost?
This is exactly the result we wanted from you. This way, actual fans don't have to deal with people like you. Instead, we can actually deal with legitimate posts that are actually about Getter. "Getter is worse than my grandma on a bad day" is not an opinion people should care to address.

>shifting the blame
Yup. Redirecting some of that junk to other people that can take it is always a smart move.
>>
>>14139955
I guess you've got a point. Fans just want to discuss the series, not here some non-fan's dislike of it. People should just fuck off to threads they enjoy.
>>
ITT: Getterfags try to prove that they cannot take any criticism
>>
>>14139946
>Go is the closest to being actually good
Now if only you cared to explain why you think Go is so good compared to the other ones, because I don't see it.
>>
>>14139973

Nothing new to see here.
>>
>>14139973
How is
>I don't like thing
>Thing sucks
>Why thing?
discussion worthy criticism?
>>
>>14139962
Correct.

>>14139973
>they cannot take any criticism
What's the criticism then? Are you critical of the fanbase, or the series?

Getter can't take any criticism because the author is dead, and no, it's not the job of the fanbase to defend it. I'm not a cuck.
>>
>>14139955
>actual fans don't have to deal with people like you. Instead, we can actually deal with legitimate posts that are actually about Getter
So you're admitting you want getter threads to be only a circlejerk?

>>14139973
>try
They already did it.

>>14139985
It's more like
>I don't like [insert thing]
>Well you're just a [insert boogeyman] because there's no way people can dislike [insert thing]

>>14139991
>it's not the job of the fanbase to defend it
But appearently it is their job to call everyone a spic right?
>>
>>14140004
>So you're admitting you want getter threads to be only a circlejerk?
Getter threads should be about Getter. If that's what you call a circlejerk, then every thread on 4chan is a circlejerk.

Don't get the wrong idea too. If a getterfag shit in my mouth, I will shit in his mouth in return. Just because we both like Getter doesn't mean I have to jerk him off.

>because there's no way people can dislike [insert thing
Said no one ever. I seriously don't give a shit if you dislike Getter or not. People dislike Go Nagai in the west. It's nothing new. The difference is that I just don't want to deal with you.

>it is their job to call everyone a spic
The job of a fan is to like thing and nothing more. I call people spics on my own accord. It has nothing to do with other getterfags.
>>
>>14139946
>the story feels incomplete
>just seems to start and stop constantly with new characters and you never get a conclusion for things
How? Dinosaurs go back into hibernation. Brai gets killed. Then Rando dies and the dinosaurs are beat back again with Getter telling everyone that it's going to spread humans to other planets and everything is cool. Shin Getter ends the story of Saotome's era but also sets up Arc. Arc ends due to author death. All but Arc ended conclusively.

It's probably more accurate to say that you don't like how Ishikawa sets up sequel possibilities? The dinosaur empire is always a threat, which is a narrative choice that leads to them being a culture that eventually lives with humans. Shin Getter is probably most guilty of what you don't enjoy, which is that it's very open ended but you cannot say that it doesn't conclude what it set out to do - bridge the gap between G and Go.

You can't really call it a valid criticism because it just ends up being a purely subjective opinion to like or dislike it. It's not really a narrative fault or actual error.

>I still don't even know what I was suppose to think about Getter Rays.
Well, no one can help you there. The author died, but you can still draw your own conclusions based on what's there if you think about it a bit. Critics tend to like this type of ambiguity about a central theme or subject, but it's not for everyone it seems.

>Character are also pretty unlikable for the most part
That's just a statement. This is bordering on shitpost.

>Go is the closest to being actually good and I still would have preferred to have a story arc as good as this with the previous Getter team since the new guys kinda suck.
Same as above. You're losing focus at this point and lacking critical discussion.
>>
>>14140041
>That's just a statement. This is bordering on shitpost
Sorry for having an opinion about a nipponese drawing
>>
>>14140045
Well nothing wrong with having an opinion, but you should phrase it as such.

>Character are also pretty unlikable for the most part
becomes
>I didn't really like any of the character for the most part

One looks like a shitpost, the other doesn't.
>>
>>14140036
>If that's what you call a circlejerk,
No, I call this a circlejerk:

>The job of a fan is to like thing and nothing more.

Also

>I call people spics on my own accord. It has nothing to do with other getterfags.

It has actually, since you being a getter fan also makes you part of that fanbase, thus only making the image of said fanbase even worse.
>>
>>14140076
>One hurts my feelings and makes me want to call you a spic, the other doesn't.
ftfy
>>
>>14139908
Just got finished, and the shit that came out my ass was in fact better than anything Ishikawa ever made or anything that people ever did with his works.
>>
File: 1351605458502.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1351605458502.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>14140087
>>14140089
I thought the Getter fanbase were the shitposters? I mean, you're literally posting about shit.
>>
>>14140116

It's not like I'm wrong. Ishikawa never made anything of any value or actual influence due to how much he sucked as both a writer and an artist. He's like that little shit kid on the block who gets cucked by everyone else since they're leagues ahead of him in terms of everything since they're better than him.
>>
File: 10068897.jpg (94 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
10068897.jpg
94 KB, 600x450
>this whole fucking thread
>>
Requesting worst fanbase poll result image please
>>
>>14140260
You're going to samefag and post it, aren't you?
>>
>>14140276

I don't have it at the moment, otherwise I would have posted it already.
>>
New poll.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10004856
>>
>>14140084
>since you being a getter fan also makes you part of that fanbase
I'm a vegan, hitler was a vegan

does that mean I'm a fascist?

>thus only making the image of said fanbase even worse.
literally no one cares. why do you continue posting shit like these when we obviously don't care? why should
i give a fuck about image on a chinese cartoon board?

>>>14140260
You seem more worried about my image on a chinese cartoon board, than actually discussing giant robots, which is hilarious and sad.

>>14140142
Yeah and? Ishikawa is not in a position to defend himself since you know, he's dead, and it's not my job to defend dead people, spic.
>>
>>14140142
Nice pasta.

It's not like I'm wrong. Tomino never made anything of any value or actual influence due to how much he sucked as both a writer and an artist. He's like that little shit kid on the block who gets cucked by everyone else since they're leagues ahead of him in terms of everything since they're better than him.
>>
This thread is fun
>>
>>14133035
>Maybe if you check some japanese boards, you may find people who think like you. They barely even touched any classic manga, but they got aware of Ishikawa because of Super Robot Wars and also like the idea they know about this influential visionary genius history forgot

That's quite the outrageous claim to make on your part.
>>
I watched getter TV series, only was able to stand up to 20 eps. Mazinger Z were way better than this shit because it didnt trying to take things too seriously as getter was.
>>
>>14148447
This t b h
>>
>>14140341
That went well.
>>
>>14141447
I agree Tomino was always a hack but saying he had no influence is fucking stupid.
>>
>>14132752

You should read it in order, even if the art style change is jarring. The point of the Getter Robo Saga compilation was that Ishikawa had an opportunity to insert new scenes into his older manga in order to flesh them out more or make them cooler. But he couldn't just revert to how he drew in the 70s so they ended up looking like his art style of the time. That was unavoidable. Don't skip them.
>>
>>14156688
>But he couldn't just revert to how he drew in the 70s so they ended up looking like his art style of the time

What a talentless hack.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.