[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gunpla experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 34
>at weekly gunpla battle night
>see some newfag young kids with stock HG Freedoms and Wing Zeros having a good time.
>some neckbeard shows up and pulls out a MG Awakened Banshee Norn with the fucking claw and challenges them
>kids don't know that Norn is like twice the regulation rating for standard games
>I look on in horror as these kids' new gunpla are destroyed in I shit you not, two shots apiece, in the span of 5 seconds
>plastic spall all over the challenge arena
>get kinda mad
>call the neckbeard a douche
>tells me kids should've known better or else they can get the fuck out.
>Says something about casual shitters.
>Oh, I say?
>challenge the faggot to a 1v1, his MG Norn vs a lower rated HG
>asshole chuckles, but I say ok
>remember a small loophole
>tell him I need a few minutes to prepare
>in reality I'm waiting for the sun to go down
>run out to my car
>grab my walkman and fiddle around in the dash to find a toothpick I knew I grabbed from the counter on the way out of On The Border
>find it
>put the headphones on my ears
>throw on my Jamil Neate jacket
>press play
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPQ3t-_B70
>grab my case from the trunk
>walk slowly back in to the store
>people outside the shop take out te cigarettes from their mouths stop and stare as I majestically glide towards the shop
>I'm aware of everybody's hopes and dreams
>I can see beyond time
>the world smiles upon me
>walk into the shop
>take a couple steps, but trip over the PG Red Frame the shopowner has on display on the floor
>quickly pause music and take headphones out
>pick up the Astray and put walkman in my pocket
>neckbeard saw and laughed
>it's ok though
>sun's finally down
>take out my sunglasses and put them on
>pull out my HGAW GX 9900-DV Gundam X from the top of the case
>leave the case open
>neckbeard laughs and says it doesn't even have the satellite cannon. I'm toast.
>grin
>unwrap toothpick put it in mouth.

(con't.)
>>
File: heh.png (307 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
307 KB, 640x480
>time to begin
>buzzer goes off
>I let him take the first engage
>dodge skillfully using the superior thrust of the Harmonica Shield
>we tango for a few minutes like this
>Eventually he chases me over a lake and manages to grab my leg with the claw
>flings me down at the water
>the reflection of the GX against the water is something out of a Seurat painting
>gotcha
>fire all thrusters at maximum and the surface of the lake turns to a cloud of smoke
>bug out at the last second before the Beam Magnum vaporizes what's left of the lake
>now the Norn's sensors are all messed up from the massive amount of heat released in the vapoizations
>I activate the Flash system
>My 8 G-Bits fly from the case and surround the Norn
>smoke starts to clear
>while the other 7 G-Bits are charging their Satellite Cannons, I toss the Harmonica Shield to the last one.
>it charges like a barbarian straight at the Norn
>dives with it straight into the bottom of the former lake.
>other G-Bits finish charging
>I yell CHECKMEITO and smoke his ass
>he freaks out because apparently I was cheating>tell him according to the official errata since the flash system comprises technology seen in official animated works, it's technically legal
>he sputters some incoherent babble>say "Stick to Aldnoah.Zero, faggot!"
>everyone laughs
>I tell those original kids to stop being Wingbabbies and /fuckseed
>give them both some unbuilt GMs
>they're in love
>neckbeard starts crying
>runs towards the door
>apparently I misplaced the PG Astray when I set it back up
>the Katana slices his leg open
>he starts crying
>shopowner kicks him out for knocking over his favorite gunpla
>everyone gives me highfives in my mind
>people ask me if some sort of newtype
>take off my shades and tell them there are no newtypes
>pack up and walk out of the shop

Real hero. Real human bean
>>
File: jest.jpg (61 KB, 798x457) Image search: [Google]
jest.jpg
61 KB, 798x457
>>14119221
>Go to gunpla battle night
>take out my SoC Gunbuster
>win every match by spamming finger missiles

What's the whole appeal of this Gunpla fight thing anyway?
>>
>>14119229
It's a game where special snowflake shit is encouraged and there are basically no limits on what you can do as long as you do it yourself. Obviously the meta would ruin it, like most games, but it would be hella fun for casual play.
>>
Not reading your BF fanfiction faggot.
>>
I missed these threads. It was my favorite brand of autism to indulge in during the summer.
>>
>>14119315
This, I like Build Fighters but these threads are pure cringe

>ten thousand "muh vanilla grunt suit flawlessly beating special snowflake Awakened NT-D Trans-AM Turn Freedom" stories
>every fucking time
>>
>>14119348
>how is an X a grunt?
>>
>>14119221
>>14119224
Yeah, I don't believe you. Granted, I've met some serious shitlords at my LGS, but this reeks of bullshit.

The last time I had to deal with a punk ruining everyone's good time, it was some prick who kitbashed a Barbatos, Astray Red Frame, and Gusion Rebake together into an abomination of pure EDGE. Bullies these kids into playing on Damage Level A, so their snapbuild kits get turned into hunks of warped plastic when he's done shitting all over them.

I figured I'd at least try and shut the faggot up, so I brought along a sleeper build of mine; it's a Full Armor 7th Gundam I modified to be able to cast off into the regular 7th Gundam. Half of the parts were scratchbuilt, not that the edgelord noticed or cared.

We end up in a space map, and he tries to style on me, but I wasn't having that shit. He tries blowing up the beam cannon on my back with some shots from his machine gun, but I surprised him by purging the extra armor and bumrushing him with a saber drawn.

Fucker squealed like a pig when I bisected his edgelord kit, and before he could start trashing shit with an onset of tard strength, he was tossed out for disturbing the other customers.

All in all, good times were had.
>>
A stray cat comes to my door and meows for food when I build gunpla on the table.
>>
>>14119348
And every time it's a "I beat some guy being a jerk/bully and he was super pathetic".

I think anons got bullied a lot in in school.
>>
>>14119221
>fanfiction bullshit dellusions
jesus
>>
>>14119402
>dellusions
ESL shitposting
wew
>>
How do I into remote weapons?
>>
Thinking of doing a maximum over-edge build off a Wing EW kit.
Deathscythe or Epyon? Or should I base it off of something less inherently edgy like Altron or Sandrock?
>>
>>14119416
Just combine all 5 gundams from wing. Bonus points if you use the GoL versions.
>>
>>14119426
Thanks, anon. That actually sounds pretty interesting. Probably won't use GoL versions though.
>>
Do you guys prefer teams that are thematic or teams where each member does their own thing?
>>
>>14119348
>show up with my Turn-A
>Activate moon light butterfly
>Go home and use the money to buy robotech DVDs

Suck my dick losers lol.
>>
>>14119409
Lern2macros. There's a reason so few top contenders use funnels: they're nigh-impossible to control individually. You have to rig your GP Base with every command you want them to do, like "move to encircle the spot I designate from 40cm away and attack", "fly here and wait", "spin in a circle around me and fire outwards", so on and so forth. With a few large funnels you can get a little more hands-on, but when you have a lot you're basically restricted to stock footage.
>>
>>14119435
Thematic teams of course
>>
>ITT snapshits pretend they can beat customs
>>
>>14119435
I gotta say, I really like the tacticool element.

My favorite is the asymmetrical 2-man tag team where one person brings the big bad hero suit, and the other brings a group of grunts tailor fitted to support the main MS.

Makes for a very interesting dynamic if you ask me.

Rules are a little complicated and balancing is an immeasurable bitch. Generally only good for casual play really.. The slots never fill up come tourney day which is a major bummer.
>>
>>14119463
I like that for 3-man teams, like a custom Gundam with 2 custom GMs. But for 2-man teams I prefer them to be "opposites" like God and Master
>>
File: 1454124250760.jpg (130 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
1454124250760.jpg
130 KB, 427x640
>mfw when every body use these sweet customs and i just sit there with my ez-8
>>
>>14119382
i think the idea is to make a mini episode like in OP, because an episode of "cast gets shit kicked out of them" for 72 episodes is really boring
>>
File: 1459232359252.jpg (54 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1459232359252.jpg
54 KB, 392x500
>>14119221
>>14119224
>>
while
>I beat this super bad op bully with my epic awesome skill and cool mobile suit
isn't bad enough, there's always
>I change/ignore/make up rules of this meta game because my fanfiction victory plot is more important than meta accuracy

seriously why haven't you fucks killed yourselves already? Ya all sound like miserable fucks being bullied at school desperately looking for an outlet.
>>
>The opponent from 9/10 of the stories in these threads is literally the same guy from story to story.

Who is this guy? We have to find him and stop him once and for all.
>>
>>14119221
>>14119224
holy fuck, I bet you are fucking snapshitter
I hope a truck runs you over with extra love for being such a faggot
>>
>>14119579
Then don't make it for 72 episodes. It's okay to lose a match of a game occasionally.
>>
>>14119696
>snapshitter
>G-Bits

Wew
>>
>went to gunpla tournament with /m/
>everyone shows up with their meticulously painted grunt suits.
>I show up with an unpainted snapfit Turn A with all its nubs left on
>activate Moon Light butterfly at the start of the tournament
>Take my prize money and give it all to snapfit kun
>laugh all the way to robotechx.com
>>
>>14119565
Behold, a red recolor of the Ez-SR Maxima. New face and gun but the rest is the same. Now you can have your two ugly messes fight each other whenever you want.
>>
>final round of the universe cup qualifiers
>pull out my RX-78-2 Revive
>well built but nothing special
>launch, get enemy in sights, exchange some fire for a while, nothing special
>suddenly one unlucky shot hits me direct in the cockpit
>asshole follows up by blowing off my limbs even though I'm already down
>little does he realize my special power
>as his back turns, waiting for the BATTLE ENDED signal, my pieces begin to reform and come back together
>my trigger finger floats up to my now-rearmed hand (no pun intended) just as he turns around he turns around
>then he realizes what's happening
>"So this is the power of a Revive..."
>>
File: 1460524738044.png (505 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1460524738044.png
505 KB, 600x400
>tfw if gunpla battles were real it would be full of autist neckbeards
>tfw if yugioh duels were real it would be full of autist neckbeards
>>
File: 1458335602981.jpg (12 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1458335602981.jpg
12 KB, 240x196
>Go to tournament knowing that at least one asshole is going to bring Turn A
>Turns out at least half of the participants brought it or Turn X
>Gambled on God Gundam and begin to feel like an idiot
>MFW it turned out the Burger King can bulldoze through Moonlight Butterfly with less than zero effort
>>
>Use Arios as my main suit.
>almost never use his pincer attack. It's unsportsmanlike and I can find other ways to win.
>A kid challenges me to a battle
>Say OK and set the model damage to C
>Really want to be an inspiration of power so I match him blow for blow, teaching valuable skills along the way
>Decide to go in for a flashy scissor finish so that he remembers this battle and the values I have injected
>BATTLE ENDED
>wait, what the fuck?
>his gunpla is in pieces
>look at the battle log
>model damage level set to A
>he manually changed the damage level
>he starts crying
>I look like a douche
>offer to get him a replacement
>he refuses, saying that model was valuable to him
>now no longer have an ounce of respect
Do I go full edgelord or try to moralfag it out?
>>
>>14120157
Open the battlelog and show it to them? There's a reason why the log can be accessed in every shop that's actually worth going.
>>
File: GM Spartan alt colors.jpg (388 KB, 1200x1613) Image search: [Google]
GM Spartan alt colors.jpg
388 KB, 1200x1613
I'd participate in this bad boy and base it off of a Sniper II. I'd have to scratch build new soles, shin armor, new skirts, chest armor, shoulder armor, new visor, a custom little knife and a tiny antenna or two. The real issue is trying to make that GIANT BACKPACK HOLY CRAP. I'd have to start with a Powered backpack or something.

But since the end goal is intense jungle warfare, I'm ready to take on the challenge.
>>
>>14120157
You already offered him a replacement, no use going edgelord now. Besides, even if it isn't a place you don't frequent, you don't want to turn people away from the hobby. There are times and places to go full retard but a little hobby shop against a kid isn't really one of them. If you can't calm the kid down and show him how to repair (he's going to have to learn eventually) then just talk to the manager or something. They probably deal with accidental kitrape all the time.
>>
File: DSCF4103[1].jpg (242 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4103[1].jpg
242 KB, 360x480
Thoughts?
>>
>bring my new Destiny Impulse to the MG Invitational
>gunmetal with white accents
>sorta trying to evoke the Hi-nu, but with grey instead of blue.
>see some friends I've made over the course of several contests
>head over to the 7-11 to grab some Vanilla Coke
>see some guy with some cool sweater with a EFSF logo walking out of the store
>he's got a big brown grocery bag
>go inside to the fridge
>No Vanilla Coke
>ask the shopkeep if they have any Vanilla Coke and he said a guy literally just bought him out
>anguish.jpg
>turn and leavve
>finally get my bracket
>I'm paired with a guy using a custom F91 with a Nemo head
>head over to table
>recognize sweater
>he's drinking a Vanilla Coke
>RAGE.png
>time to get revenge
>Match begins and I just unfurl the WoLs and head straight at the guy.
>he uses that after image bullshit and evades me
>manages to land a couple good shots on my arm
>I dunno, I guess he hit something really important because lights start flashing all over and the WoLs start sputtering out.
>Remember I forgot to set a power limiter on the Destiny Silhouette cause I wanted to have it painted well
>F91 bro is just darting all around doing some death by 1000 cuts shit
>I'm losing badly
>right arm is completely shot.
>draw my Excalibur and prep for the impending deathblow
>I can't win, but maybe I can force a draw
>F91 flies at me full tilt
>he's in range
>lunge with my ASS
>contact!
>suddenly my left arm gets hewn off and falls toward the mountain.
>dammit
>I concede before any more of my kit gets trashed
>guy says "hey, you like Vanilla Coke?"
>Oh, hell yeah!
>tosses me one
>open it and enjoy the smooth refreshing flavor as a salve upon my wounded pride.
>guy asks if I brought any more kits
>I say yeah I've got an HG Jesta Cannon
>tells me there's apparently an opening for a team match exhibition
The rest is history.
We've got a perfect record at regional levels and we got bronze at last year's nationals.
Hit up our table if you want some Vanilla Coke too.
>>
>>14120224
When did sponsored posts become a thing?
>>
>>14120346
Vanilla Coke is the official drink of /m/, haven't you heard?
>>
>>14120346
Well, if /tv/ and /v/ are anything to go by, shills have been a thing for years.

I was just referencing a thread someone made from the other day.
>>
>Latest patch changes the entire gunpla land racing meta entirely
>All the shitters complaining about the nerf of all infinifuel thrusters
>Nobody talks about the buff to fuel-eating thrusters which nobody used before the patch
Gunpla land racing has changed for good.
Infinifuel thrusters getting lower thrust and fuel-eating thrusters getting good thrust was the rebalance that we all needed from the moment they introduced racing.

>Going as fast as my LaGOWE can with minimal use of my thrusters to conserve fuel
>Managed to keep up with infinifuel thruster faggots the whole time through smart usage of my limited amount of fuel for the boost
>The ending stretch of the track, booster usage determines the winner here, we're reaching the second last turn
>As expected, they cut their thrusters and starts braking early
>I'm rolling only slightly above the optimal turning speed
>Lightly boost and catch up while they are braking and slow down just enough for the turn
>Overtake them
>Full throttle on my fuel-eating thrusters upon leaving the turn
>They blast their infinifuel thrusters at the same time
>My higher thrust shoots me ahead
>Oh shit 2fast I can't brake in time for the last turn
>Cut thrusters and power drift through that last corner, scraping the ass thruster of the LaGOWE against the walls of the track
>Lost quite a bit of speed, they are catching up
>Throttle up to max, damaged ass thruster of the LaGOWE starts to shit out smoke
>Ass thruster explodes and my LaGOWE starts falling apart from the rear leaving flaming pieces of it everywhere on the track
>Make it across the finishing line with half of my LaGOWE still intact
>>
Breaking out of the meta, why does everyone think Turn A and X would be overpowered? Turn X got demolished by that Gyan kid's machine gun and Turn A got destroyed by a fucking bearguy and if memory serves it was actually a petiteguy that closed out the battle.
>>
>>14120964
>MUH MOONLIT BUTTERFLY GAY SHIT
you all know the meta would be filled of trans am faggots
>>
>>14120974
But trans-am takes skill to pilot. The handling becomes fucking obscene. You turn a tiny bit and suddenly you're two seconds from out of bounds. Not only that, but if your particles run low and you're trans-am wears out, you are essentially a boat with guns.
>>
>>14120979
Skill or not, I hate how Trans-Am capable kits are the go-to for the Gunpla Academy.

Meijin III uses a beefed up Exia during the 7th GBWC all of FUCKING ONCE, and nothing was ever the fucking same.

No matter how fucking creative you were with your builds, if it didn't turn red and GOFAST, it was shit.

That elitist bullshit is why I fucking dropped out of there. I had a Delta Gundam with Wings of Light that ran on G-Reco Photon bullshittery, and it was fucking fantastic in terms of speed and particle consumption, and no one gave a shit no matter how many fucking Exia derivatives I slagged on Damage Level A because it didn't have Trans-Am or shat sparkles out of its back.
>>
File: ddnt read.gif (510 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ddnt read.gif
510 KB, 320x240
>>14119221
>>14119224
>>14120224
>>14120837
>>14120157

Wall-O-Greentext
>>
hey guys let me also write up a fan fiction only a 10 year with aspergers could write
>>
>>14120979
>You turn a tiny bit and suddenly you're two seconds from out of bounds.
Seeing shitters trying to copy the pros and use trans am but end up doing that every time is hilarious. People should just learn to pilot before messing with fancy systems.
>>
>>14119221
>on /m/
>some creepy neckbeard posts creepy fanfiction
>cringe and hide the thread forever
>>
Alright, was one of you guys the guy rolling a The O modded to be defensive as fuck? I think I fought the The Wall guy in the rumors
>I-Field shields on each arm
>A GN field so powerful, it eats Buster Rifle shots like there's no tomorrow
>Anti-beam coating paint on everything, that fucking bling from the gold
I don't know what else he had, but fuck, his defenses was ridiculously tough. A regular beam rifle shot outright bounced off when it hit him and physical weapons did fucking nothing. When I closed in to melee he fought me with the shields and I got wrecked hard.
>>
>mfw a FA Ez-8 is basically an Ez-SR MAXIMA

>>14123889
No but I made an Ez-8 Defence type a while back, maybe you've seen it?
>I-Field
>Advanced Phase Shift Armor
>No Beam weaponry at all because fuck beams
>>
>>14123901
I know you, remember this?

>Heavyarms EW custom
>Armor and defenses out the ass
>Physical chainguns swapped for beam gatlings
>Enough missiles to cause an Itano Circus
>>
>>14123908
>>14123901
>>14123889
>The turtle squad

you fucks better make it happen or I'm going to shank something

>>14123857
>>14123862
>Cringes at others making an attempt to have fun
no wonder you guys have no friends
>>
Man, making people paranoid is so much fun. It's like everyone is unable to comprehend that Qubeleys don't have to use funnels all the time.

Or maybe the locals are just shit at gunpla battle.
It's probably that.
>>
>>14125820
>implying you can even control the funnels
>implying anyone can

Speaking of paranoia, does the Blue Destiny/Hazel II thing actually work?
>>
>>14119621
>>14123842
Are you saying that Americans could read?

>>14120205
Needs more GN drives
>>
>>14125839
I don't even bother with funnels for the most part, mainly because the local meta has lots and lots of Vulcans. I've only got between two and seven on my TactiQal Custom, depending on configuration. And those are mainly for scouting and automated AMD.
>>
>Play as a tacticool-looking Jegan.
>It even has a Titans color scheme.
>Shit ton of knifes
>Everyone underestimates it and thinks I'm a UC grunt nut.
>Puts Shining finger on it.

Catches them off guard every time.
>>
>>14125869
Stick with a theme, ass. That's the same as what minmaxing faggots do.
>>
>>14125915
Gunpla is freedom
>>
>>14125965
Freedom to be retarded?
>>
>>14125987
If you want to be retarded, then follow your dreams Anon.
>>
>>14125869
>shining finger
>knives
>implying a close combat skills will do fuck all in this beam spam dominated meta
If you want to do anything close to physical damage you need to have 00's twin drive backpack on it so you can negate the beams.
>>
>>14125915
>>14126023
Oh, its OK, now how about you imagine a Doven wolf kitbashed with the God Gundam
Four words: long range God finger.
>>
>>14126051
Then they just shoot your hands down or target your body as it is just there looking like an idiot as you have no means to protect yourself.
>>
File: 1453004951613.jpg (407 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1453004951613.jpg
407 KB, 1200x900
Y'all need to play in standard!

with the meta rotation on the IBO block, all the beamspam is gone!
There's nothing currently too OP or dominating besides maybe the occasional Einfag or Barbatos teleporter. but all the weapons are pretty even stat-wise.

pic related is what my full armor graze custom looks like (different paint though, and with the Ryusei-Go's head) the shields really let me close the gap so I can finish them off with the smg
>>
>>14126098
Get that FSS shit >>>/out/
>>
>>14126051
The funny part is Master has Near Crusher and Far Crusher for just that purpose.
>>
>>14126114
>FSS shit
I am embarrassed but I don't know what that means.
>>
>>14126134
Five Star Stories
>>
File: 1453004592960.jpg (125 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1453004592960.jpg
125 KB, 1080x720
>>14126116
>>14126192
oh shit. That looks awesome.
>>
>>14119684
I know him. People talk shit about him but he's actually some Taiwanese-Korean living in Japan who builds masterpiece customs. He comes to visit the states sometimes so he can spread the love of gunpla battle, but because Americans are racist pigs who like to bully fat asians he just plays the villains and loses to NEET nerds like OP to boost their confidence.

Smh desu sempai. The man is like a fucking hero and it hurts to see him get kicked around to popularize something he loves even though Americans are shit modellers who only know how to snapfit junk together. Half the time they don't even apply stickers much less paint.
>>
>>14126098
What is the Siege Rhino of gunpla type2 right now.

I'd hate it if they remolded the RX-0 and kept it in the new block because of the tv series. Just let it go out of set so we can stop playing with it and start having fun with Graze.
>>
>>14126114
Why is that shit? It looks similar to a mass produced GM or something.
>>
File: kog-movie-11[1].jpg (199 KB, 810x664) Image search: [Google]
kog-movie-11[1].jpg
199 KB, 810x664
>>14126114
I run a custom Knight of Gold replica based off of a Hyaku Shiki.
Fight me.
>>
>>14126953
Not that guy but he was saying the model was made to look like the mechs from FSS
The base kit was a gundam IBO graze which is the zaku of IBO
>>
>>14126967
>Delta Plus with Twin GN Taus

Should be fun.
>>
>Club match, usual stuff
>guy comes in with a pvc figure
>warned several times the default rigging wont properly detect his joints.
>yolos his way into the day's tournament anyway
>first match against me
>rigging adds elbows and knees to places they aren't
>everything shatters
>a part from his figure's skirt impales me before i can even react

There was also a guy who slathered his bakugan in PS putty so it could be detected by the field, and it also fell apart.
>>
How well do i-fields stack up in your meta, lads?
>>
>that one guy who bought a fucking pet rock to a gunpla tournament with a gun attatched
>>
>>14127102
They're rubbish, and unless you get Victory or Victory 2 core you need an ms the size of the table to generate one. And Gaia Gear kits are rarer than truffles. Its easier to slap a gn drive on, hell even a gn particle tank does the job. banrise really weren't thinking when they tried to transfer this stuff over.
>>
>>14127102
They work well if you set them up correctly and use them sparingly. Or if you purpose build your shit to run them, like those defense-based builds.

The amount of people spamming I-Fields and running out of juice is amusingly high.
>>
>cleaning old HG CE kits
>pull out legs, the nub breaks
>arms next, pull it out slowly, still breaks
Everything became so brittle. I regret deciding to clean my shit up.
Oh wait wrong thread?
>>
File: 1460182349825.jpg (33 KB, 371x316) Image search: [Google]
1460182349825.jpg
33 KB, 371x316
>>14127126
>the nub breaks
>>
>>14127093
>before I could react

Lel! Look at the kid who aint even a newtype. That was a warning shot
>>
>>14127093
>bakugan
Shit anon, you just sent me on a trip.
>>
>>14119348
>Awakened NT-D Trans-AM Turn Freedom
Beach please.
Also, did we reached consensus on just staying on catapult, tank shots with various -fields and sniping enemies as they are leaving they gates is a viable tactic or not?
>>14123911
I and other Hildolfrfag can add two big guns for Blastoise impersonation.

>>14119353
Kinda mass produced.
>>14119565
What's the problem? Just use right weapon load out and you are golden.
>>14120131
>any e-sport ever
yes. and? Pro scene will be shitty meta, casual play with friends and verses limited tournaments on the other hand will be awesome.
>>
File: hild-chan.jpg (205 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
hild-chan.jpg
205 KB, 1600x900
>>14128307
Ups.
>>14127126
Now this is an interesting question - how this affects kits in GBF? Fellinis Gundam is ancient, shouldn't it shatter easily?
>>
>>14128307
Can't stay on catapult or the game won't start.
Tanking shots is harder than it sounds because leaving your fields on all the time drains energy like a motherfucker so you have to be smart about it.
Sniping as they leave the gate is really difficult, you have to be on a level where they're in your line of sight, then use a weapon with enough range to hit them, and predict where they will be to get a perfect shot while being shot out of your own gate because you can't attack before you exit. Plus you have to rely on them having the reflexes of a cripple for them not to dodge it. Nobody uses it at higher levels because it's useless against anyone with a little skill. REALLY fun for fucking with newbies though.
>>
File: YMT.jpg (96 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
YMT.jpg
96 KB, 600x450
>>14128321
>>14128307
Other Hildolfag reporting in, let's blow them to pieces.
>>
>>14128350
How about just fielding nuclear launcher with multiple warheads? Saturate game field and call it a day.
>>14129724
And if we gattai in space field we can even have thrust vectored Orion drive!
>>
>>14127223
>not leaving nubs on and using them like spikes
>>
>>14130916
Nukes are nerfed. They're good but the projectile is slow, damage drops off quickly from impact point, and obviously you only get one shot. Plus they're heavy as fuck so even 2 requires lots of thrusters. They're great for clearing terrain like forests instantly (or if you want to change battlefield types) or if the enemy can't see it coming but generally they're not a good tactic.
>>
>>14130971
No no no.
I am not talking about fielding nuclear equipped suit. I am talking about literally feeling launch tube with dumb launcher, railgun maybe and as many warheads as possible. And when match starts just launching them as fast as possible. After few seconds rest of the team leaves their starting positions and proceeds to mop up arena.
>>
>>14130981
Dunno if you can count it as an MS or MA and even if it technically doesn't violate any rules that I know of, tactics like that are probably banned even at lower-level competitions.

They aren't impossible to dodge and most arenas actually have enough space to escape a ton of warheads. It's hard to saturate an entire battlefield but yeah you can catch them off guard. Good luck getting anyone to play with you though.
>>
>>14130999
It's just an idea. I go by default with Hild anyway. Submunition pods with burst munition seem like a good idea thou to saturate area, maybe not with radiation but with particles, so beams become useless maybe?
and come on, blowing up scenery is always fun.
>>
>>14130981
The standard arena size makes it such that that tactic is kind of useless unless you have really good range on your nukes(Like the max range, I think), and increasing the range of the nukes reduces their AoE and power so it should be quite hard to pull off effectively.

I've seen people using the shockwaves of the nukes to get out of the effective blast radius, looks like it can be a way to nullify that. Look up nuke surfing videos.

Then there's the people with defensive builds, there are some that can tank nukes so if you meet any of those hardcore defensive players, well, that is gonna be useless. Though if you meet one of those, nukes or not, hurting them at all is a struggle.
>>
>>14131010
It was just an idea really.
Hildolfr can utilize nuclear shell on tactical level anyway.
>>
>>14131598
Except there's no reason too. Something like the third patch after they introduced nukes as a whole, they all got nerfed into the ground. As it stands, they're basically firecrackers with radiation effects. With the added weight of both the launcher and any anti radiation measures (because it affects the user far more than the enemies for some reason), you'd be far better off just slapping a couple missile tubes on there and use standard HE cluster munitions.

Which is a shame, because the GP-02 was a fun as fuck suit to use.
>>
>>14126720
Well maybe he should try and make them learn it.
>>
>Team battle at the local shop
>One of the opponents has a G-Fighter with buffed up armor and thrust
>Teammates main strategy seems to be pinning us down with heavy fire while he gets up to speed and rams us out of the ring.
>Last teammate activates Trans-AM to escape
>G-Fighter manages to build up speed to catch up with him and they collide.
>G-Fighter explodes, crippling teammate's suit for for the kill

Apparently they stuck some Zudah engines in there. Apparently stupid-crazy can pay off sometimes
>>
>>14132627
Are you high? It never got nerfed that much, only to the point where it was unviable as an instant win tournament tactic. The radiation is only an issue if you're firing it too close to yourself like a retard. And I'd call it far from a firecracker. It has a small radius where it can 1HK anything, followed by some area where tanky builds get pretty fucked up, and then a MUCH larger radius of decent damage. The problem is that thanks to the requirements of carrying just a single nuke, it basically means you get one shot only to win the match. If you're too far off you might as well quit because GP-02's melee game is weaker than most. Plus most decent players can escape the worst parts of the blast radius so you're basing the entire play style on luck. Same problem with Hildolfr. You're basing everything on one shot of a damn good weapon but you can rarely end a game with one shot. At least the GP-02 can rush in and try to finish the job while they're disoriented (or if they were smart, deal some damage beforehand so the nuke has a wider kill radius) but have fun doing that with a tank.

But I would expect that info coming from someone who probably spammed nukes nonstop in the initial builds. Fuck you, you're lucky they just didn't know to how nerf it just right in the first patches.
>>
>>14131010
>Look up nuke surfing videos.
Takes me back to jump pack Griffball matches in Reach.
>>
>>14132824
Saw something like that once.
>singles match at hobby shop, no tournament, just Saturday night fun
>shop owner likes to do some house rules on these days, today was 300% particle bank to abuse
>put my FA Zyphranthes down (didn't have any customs that could really abuse extra particles besides this, it just had a more dangerous main cannon) and look over to see babby's first gottagoufast
>F91 as a base with some 00 parts, obviously for the Trans-Am
>doesn't even have VSBRs, just extra thrust, only weapons appear to be beam sabers on the wrists
>madman is going to fly around and slash me up like a grunt
>we get Space, I curve a hard right out of the gate
>not four seconds later he cleared the fucking level, he had MEPE Trans-Am on from the start, nearly runs out of the ring
>spirals out of control and tries to turn back around to hit me, at this point there's a trail of afterimages so thick it looks like an F91 snake, or maybe if you put your cursor on maximum trail settings
>take a couple of pot-shots while zipping away, my acceleration was crap but I could get decent top speed
>he regains control and zips toward me, I can't dodge
>beam saber slices clean through my left leg at that speed and I hear a loud slam
>the MEPE was so far into overdrive that it had burned off some of his armor and made him frail as hell
>when he slammed into me half of his limbs popped off, unbalancing the thrust and sending him spinning like a top
>gets ring out at the bottom of the field
>turn up to the retard, looks like he's been laughing his ass off the entire time to the point where some other players came to watch, and now tears rolled down his face
>start laughing too, everybody saves a copy of the battle recording
I barely did shit but it was fun times.
>>
>>14132918
Nigga, you must be the one who's high if you think the wet farts formally known as tacnukes are anything more than a pretty distraction now. Anything more heavily armored than a Kampfer would be incredibly unlucky to feel anything more than a brisk wind outside of a kilometer or so. If you want to have any sort of AoE, you do it at th cost of most of your boom. There's literally no reason to use them over high explosive salvos.
Well, except for the (super unrealistic) EMP. That's nice.
>>
>>14133024
They do damn decent damage, it just isn't an instant kill like they used to be. I don't know if you're only playing in space where the blast radius is toned down a little but it gets some good wear and tear on the armor at 1km. Obviously wear and tear doesn't mean shit when you have no secondary weapons to follow up with but that's your fault for choosing nukes in the first place. The only real issues are not damaging in a line like most superweapons (Sat Cannon, Twin Buster, etc) which makes the distance between you imperative to calculate, the projectile speed (again, farther away makes it way easier to dodge), and how much power/space it takes up. The ridiculous damage rating nukes had at release was obviously too OP so stop comparing it to hoe it was. In fact, I saw someone using an EMP-optimized nuke launcher as part of a zoning strategy during the World Cup qualifiers a while ago and they didn't do half bad with it. He didn't win because he wasn't an amazing player but it if that doesn't prove nukes are still viable in the big leagues then I don't know what will.
>>
>Random casual fun 10-man FFA match at hobby store
>Luna II custom map
>Kid next to me puts down his modded as fuck F91
>It literally has so many afterimage parts stuck on to it
>Game starts
>Crashes the system from the amount of afterimages
I mean really? Sure it was hilarious but goddamn.
>>
>Use a Banshee that doesn't transform into destroy mode.
>People won't stop bothering me about it.
>Older players try to give me advice on how to build a proper transformation system
>Newer players tell I'm retarded because I don't know about the destroy mode version
I just like how it looks in unicorn mode.
>>
Anyone ever look into the combat resolution? I run "MC faction" suits and they always do WAAAAYA better in 1v1 vs. their nemesis equivalents. Balance seems out of whack.

>>14133315
So it's like no-Wraith Eldar?
>>
>>14132918
>followed by some area where tanky builds get pretty fucked up
Not if you have a full defence-based build. Extreme tank builds take minimal damage from a nuke as long as they are not in the instant-kill zone.

Still, there's a reason why even full tank builds have decent mobility, nuke damage are easy to tank with their armor/defences as long as they can get out of that instant-kill zone.

>>14132976
I tried nuke surfing once, trying to balance the surfboard while riding the blast is hard.
>Use a MG shield as the surfboard
>Point shield in direction of nuke blast, put legs on the back of the shield and hold on
>Ride out the blast, but tumble out of control halfway through and fall into the blast
That said, tank builds always have shields so nuke surfing with them is definitely possible.
>>
Is it wrong I hate kits the Meijin makes? Like the Red Warrior and Kampfer Amazing? It's the 60 card goodstuff.dek of Gunpla. You have a tool for every single scenario and most of the time you sacrifice nothing for it, not even mobility because they can be stored in fucking boosters.
>>
>show up to friday night gunpla battle
>have my new special weapon
>a customized GP04 Gerbera
>have Psycho Zaku type boosters and extra weapons attached to the back
>Unicorn machine guns on the shield, with two extra shields included in the extra equipment
>painted in sleek black and silver
>super proud of myself for finally finishing a properly customized gunpla
>only place 4th but out of 28 so I don't feel too bad
>>
>>14134310
I know what you mean. I liked what I've seen of the old Meijin's work, Meijin 2 was a little minmax try hard for my taste (although sometimes he would NAIL a theme like Cathedral, holy crap), but this new guy is a little bland. There's no risk to take. On one hand, obviously that's a good idea when you're fighting in the World Championship because even as the Meijin, a slight disadvantage can spell defeat. But still. Hr can't do better than a symmetrical "lol A MEIJIN" Kampfer (with super-versatile weapons booster) or "lol so funny another A MEIJIN joke" Exia/Edgia (with a very versatile loadout)? He's lucky he battles well because most of the time his kits aren't something special to look at.

I'll give him points on straight quality though. That time he walked up with the Edgia looking just as perfectly painted as if it was that way all along? Crazy.

While we're on the topic, where the fuck did Lady Kawaguchi come from? I feel like there was something I missed. Is she just a marketing tactic or does she have anything to her name?
>>
>show up to gunpla battle with my HG turn-a with titus arms
>people snigger and giggle at the goofy looking kit
>first match is against some autismal red astray
>he fires beam rifle shots at me
>shrug that shit off with glorious turn-a i-field as i slowly walk towards him
>he unsheathes his katana and tries to cut me
>stopped by a black barrier
>he's confused
>"NANOMACHINES SON"
>"THEY HARDEN IN RESPONSE TO PHYSICAL TRAUMA"
>grab his katana and snap it in two
>"NICE KNIFE"
>proceed to destroy this kid's shitty astray and drop kick it out of the arena
Turn-A is FREELO
>>
>>14134634
>drop kick it out of the arena
PLAYED COLLEGE BALL YOU KNOW
>>
>>14134341
Rumor is that some high musketry muck thought that gunpla battles were too male dominated and wanted a female figurehead to draw in the ladybux. But of course, they couldn't just yanks the meijin title from the current holder for no reason, so they stuck her in as an female counterpart.

For what it's worth, even though I don't care much for her style, she's got skill in both building and piloting. Add in the fact that she is very marketable and I think that it certainly wasn't a terrible move on their part.
>>
Then I come in with my Perfect Pack Turn AX Gundam and anti matter moonlight butterfly you fags then you cry that I turned your toys into swiss cheese(with sawdust crumbling from the inside) while your mom makes me a grilled cheese.
>>
>>14134310
I kind of feel the same. But still, you gotta admit that he is very skilled, I tried making something similar to the Meijin's stuff, a tool for each situation and all, and I found that I couldn't balance the weapons' particle allocation well enough, something that you don't actually encounter unless you put too much weapons on.

I have like 3 or 4 sets of different weapons, and each weapon needs to either get their own allocated particle amount which limits the amount of particles for everything else, or get plugged into the gunpla's particle grid as you go to tap into the gunpla's particle storage which is an ass to write into the GP base.
>>
>>14135118
The main way I have found to manage multiple weapon packs is to program them similar to funnels. Have the container set to autmatically draw from the suit in order to fill up it's particle battery, then set the weapons to draw from that battery. It's a bit on the kludge-y side, but it works for whenever I use tourney rules, which is admittedly not very often. It could probably be made more efficient, but I can't be bothered, since my local scene generally runs without a particle limit.
>>
>>14135286
I just set them all up normally but give them purging functions. It's not as useful but it's way simpler and I kind of like it better as a theme. Launching with a bunch of shit and then purging is always cooler to me than having a big loadout. I don't make it as big and bulky as FA style though, it just has some extra crap that helps with terrain differences or tanky v fast enemies, etc. That way I don't charge up weapons I won't need because they don't draw until firing (except the basic loadout).

Personally I think it's a hassle so I just play muh custom grunt.
>>
Are VOTOMS kits still being produced? I know that Wave still does, but theirs are very expensive. And i prefer something in a smaller scale
>>
>Saturday Night Gunpla Battle at local hobby shop
>I have been waiting for this night
>Custom Hi-Mock filled with home-made plastic explosive
>Say my prayers to the one true God
>Head out to the shop
>See the crowd boo and hiss at the fat neck-beard who has been bullying the younger gunpla battlers
>Call him and his Turn-A out
>Neck-beard's multiple chins jiggle with laughter when he sees my Hi-Mock
>SET GP BASE
>Our gunpla leave the gates
>Charged straight ahead at the Turn-A
>Grab the Turn-A with the Hi-Mock
>With all my might I cry out "God is Great!"
>My Hi-Mock explodes.
>The Tun-A vanishes in a cloud of smoke
>The battle table is gone
>The room is filled with blood and guts
>God's will has been done.
>>
>>14119221
>regular Saturday playing at the local battle centre
>dude comes in to use the building facilities
>don't pay him any mind, keep playing

>spend a few hours there
>later dude comes out
>has one of the most beautifully built HG Alex's I've ever seen
>Painting and seams done perfectly, weathering done spot on. Is definitely a display piece
>girl meets with him, obviously gf
>girl looks over and see us battling
>"darling I want to play"
>"but you don't have a gunpla"
>"let me use yours"
>"no"
>"pleeease"
>this goes on for a few minutes
>eventually gives in, utter look of defeat on his face
>she saunters off to one of the battle stations, challenging some random
>battle level set to A
>Poor dude's Alex gets absolutely trashed, no way in hell it can be salvaged
>His face when
>>
>>14135111
And you run out of particles about two seconds into activation sequence.
There is a reason why overpowered suits are noob favs.
It's called immobile target practice.

>>14134341
>symmetrical "lol A MEIJIN" Kampfer

I actually like that one, goes nicely with Gerbera's arms and Sturm Booster. You get decent built in armament with twin head gatlings and 4x100mm cannons in arms and can go fast without wasting particles on trans-am bullshit.

>>14134634
Please tell me there was some edgy guy with sword only Flag too.

>>14134963
Broaden the appeal of hobby? They released variants of Bearguy after all.

Then proceeded to shoot their feets with Super Fumina, as this one kit triggered pretty much every special snowflake sjw warrior there is.
>>14135118
Rule of thumb says you need long range weapon, middle and then something for cqc. Original Gundam did it right, no reason to reinvent wheel here, unless you have specific armament in mind. Why not simply prepare few binders with different loud outs and swap them before match, thus eliminating particle management nightmare?
>>14135608
Ah. Love.

Hurts.

>>14135118
Can't you just rig spare clips from Beam Magnum as weapon power packs? They don't count up to total particle limit, so you can cannibalize Unicorns and go nuts with beamspam. They tend to blow prettily when hit thou, so yeah.
>>
>>14135608
Poor guy. Hopefully he hatefucked the shit out of her when they got home.
>>
>>14133315
Please tell me you use the horn as a spear.
>>
>>14135606
I saw someone actually do that with a ball and some gunpowder.
They're banned forever.
>>
>>14120146
You probably didn't bulldoze as much as ram the suit itself, there's a difference between people who use the Turns on their skill, one of those is actually using the MB probably.
>>
>MG sandrock and panelwash arrive in the mail

>never used panelwash before so I'm excited to try it out

>slather it all over each piece because I think it adds good weathering detail in addition to filling in the panel lines

>within ten minutes half of all the pieces are broken and fractured

I wish I had googled how to use the stuff before that happened
>>
File: Shuffle Doumei.jpg (384 KB, 1500x1056) Image search: [Google]
Shuffle Doumei.jpg
384 KB, 1500x1056
">Head to battle on a Sunday night at the local hobby shop

">Slightly prepared for battle with Multiple Gunpla kinda smug because I intend to use a G3 Saviour

">Enter the store and fight a few opponents start out with a Grimgerde just to clear the air it does well but I lose my gun fairly quickly thats okay
I am more a melee guy anyway

">Find some girl also seems to be a Melee specialist using a Sword Calamity challenge her to a duel we accidentally blow each other up but she remains slightly intact wining the match

">Not wanting to stop I bust out my G3 much to her surprise, she brings out a Gaia Gear we laugh over using "obscure units" calling the other a hipster the two of them end up in a draw we both decide to keep going and I bring out my third of four kits a Werewolf Custom using a Crossbone X1 as a base she uses a Maxter themed after Kamen rider Kuuga Mighty form the fight goes on for 30 minutes I get the win but my Wolf is severly damaged
">It's time for a tie breaker I slip on my King of Hearts Gloves and Bust out my pride and Joy a Shining Gundam Modded with the legs of a Stark Jegan and 00 riser parts I dont need no Trans-Am but the extra beam guns and the GN Sword II/III are useful.

">She smiles and busts out a Shining Gundam with Sazabi legs and a Modified IWSP We both cry out GUNDAM FIGHT READY GO!

">The fight lasts for a while I dont know how long but its an intense brawl we clash shining finger vs shining finger but neither get a leg up both are in Supermode the world around us melts away as I am focused only on the fight I use my ultimate weapon a fusion Riser Sword Shining Finger Sword is barley enough to score a decent hit she purges her IWSP and leg units to get in close and rip through my Torso We both grab each others heads and it ends article 3 another draw

">We laugh for a few minutes before collecting our broken gunpla I am happy to have a new rival.
>>
>>14136457
>Rival
>not partner
Do you even gunpla bro? Rivals are a dime a dozen. A good doubles partner is worth their weight in plastic crack.
>>
>>14135622
Many times you can't switch out binders, especially in tournament rules. And you don't know exactly what tricks your enemy has up their sleeve. Either go with a balanced base suit, a ready-for-anything suit with a binder for anything, or go specialized and be damn good at forcing your enemy into fighting on your terms. I like the third style myself although I can't say I'm any good at it, so I play the first style when I'm serious.

At the same time that means I'm never practicing specialization when the stakes are high, so I don't know how much better I'm getting.

And beamspam with clips is alright but you run a big risk of overheating and melting your weapon. I once tried to make a scratch-built cannon that consumed 6 clips at once; it looked like someone put it through a microwave and it didn't even work.

>>14136457
I was willing to put aside the failure to greentext but I as soon as I saw awkwardly capitalized words I couldn't keep reading.
>>
>>14136510
>go specialized and be damn good at forcing your enemy into fighting on your terms
I force people into close combat to fight my Sazabi with soft plastic arms.
>>
>>14136510
Ah, I wouldn't know, as all I do is casual play and dickery with unusual combinations of shells in local stores. Good to know thou, if I ever decide to go pro an artillery tender will be on my to do list.

>>14136510
>And beamspam with clips is alright but you run a big risk of overheating and melting your weapon. I once tried to make a scratch-built cannon that consumed 6 clips at once; it looked like someone put it through a microwave and it didn't even work.

Well, disposable one shot weapons with big bang capacity are a thing in UC timeline, so there might be some merit in this idea somewhere. But no,I was thinking more about lines of original Beam Magnum system - using one clip per shot/few shots and then reloading with next one is obvious but since particle system is universal in gunpla battles, why not hook said clips to special systems and use them like cartridge system from Nanoha? And they still count as spare munition for weapons, so their particles don't count as machine stored ones, so you can add as much of them as you can fit, with already mentioned risks thou.

On somewhat related not, all that nuclear warfare discussion reminded me of one idea I've never saw on any table - didn't anybody scratchbuilded nuclear pump laser warhead? Those pretty much eliminate drawbacks of nerfed explosion range of nuclear weapon, can come in omnidirectional or directional variants and should, theoretically, be at colony lasers level of mayhem.
>>
>>14137483
Artillery is huge fun for team battles once you get good enough with it. Scares the shit out of the other team and keeps them constantly on their toes.

I know what you meant by beam magnum use, mine was just a funny thing that happened to me. (I don't want to rebuild my UC Wonderweapon every battle anyway, lol.) You can't just stack infinity clips for infinity particles, however you CAN increase your pool by a fuckton. I don't know if clips work but you can have tanks of pure particles iirc. Never seen it done in person but you can (so I've read) have a booster-like part act as your extra storage. Obviously it holds a risk of being out in the open and therefore destructible but if you absolutely need them then it's possible.

Don't know what you mean by a nuclear pump laser warhead but nukes are close to the strongest of any legal baseline weapon in the game. Nothin should be able to reach colony laser levels even if you scratch build it out of pure metal because it simply destroys your Gunpla, like what happened to my Magnum x6. Not much in the meta is supposed to be stronger than a nuke because having a weapon with more power but no disadvantages would invalidate its existence. Obviously a custom launcher and all that can make the nuke better but nothing should be a guaranteed win button, and Bandai keeps it that way.
>>
>00R's Raiser Sword is classified as a beam saber
That is just bullshit in melee-only battles, its easy to avoid if you're experienced, but come on, this is just bullying when used against new players.

>Team match, clashing blades with the enemy
>Suddenly he backs off
>He goes for Trans-Am
>Oh boy, 2fast mode now
>Oh shit Raiser Sword
>Use my preset GTFO mode to avoid it
>It hits my teammate, who's on his first melee-only match
>It also kills the enemy he was fighting
>>
>>14134963
I dunno... I've heard rumors that she's kind of a cunt.You know that Fumina chick? the leader of Team TRYHARDS with the Jegan How Are You kid?

She was one of two candidates that Lady Meijin chose to be her apprentice. The other being little miss "I don't want to break your Gunpla" from the Gunpla Academy.

She intentionally pits the two of them against one another, just for the chance at being her apprentice?

What kind of fucking Brobdingnagian ego must she have, huh?
>>
>>14137619
Literally who are you talking about?
>>
>>14137526
>nuclear pump laser warhead
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pumped_laser

Oh, this little gem. Or, for descriptions of effects, any Honor Harrington novel.
http://honorverse.wikia.com/wiki/Missile , under warhead types.
Whole idea skip limits you've mentioned. At this point it's pure munchkinism really but if your gun IS one use warhead with power, if not colony laser, than at least biggest ship guns, it is worth pursuing. Fact that nobody really tried it can mean it is eighter to hard to pull of, is simply ineffective or that nobody simply thought of it. I imagine that cost of one scratchbuild warhead might be an issue too for most players.
Under standard rules, as of now, nothing limits amount of spare ammo count, except for limited space on a model to mount it. As I roll in Hildolfr mostly, I don't really utilize beam weapons that much but an overpowered I-field or working zero G propulsion unit for space battles would be nice.
>rebuild my UC Wonderweapon
I remember that Zaku Sniper rifle came with removable barrel and early Zeon MS particle cannons also had modular design for firing mechanism that was replaced after few shot when overheated, so if dialed a bit down this design might be still viable.
>>14119315
It is useful as inspiration for customs. Slapping everything onto a gunpla gets boring very fast and discussion like this thread allow for greater creativity. I mean, we talk over in universe weapons, add healthy dose of meta and then we try to pass our contraptions as feasible designs.
And we stay in our own threads, have fun, what's your problem? Don't you like to have fun?
>>
>>14137645
I'm 99.9% sure the system prevents you from creating a weapon that powerful. Even overloading your Gunpla with particles (the whole gunpla not just a weapon) doesn't cause that much damage and it's literally 100% particle shockwave. Now, I'm pretty sure you could do something with that concept but not on that scale of damage. The biggest thing I've learned from trying to munchkin shit is that there is a limited amount of particles that can be active at once. Too much movement on too small a field can crash the game. Too many particles flowing in or out of your Gunpla can damage the gunpla (either by glitch or simply by the plastic being unable to handle the in-game energy) or also crash it. Incompatible plastic models can rarely cause faulty plavsky transfers and force a shutdown. And so on. You can't trick the system into thinking you should be firing off a colony laser, even with scratch builds (which aren't magic, they're just customized) in play. There are simply too many particles heading to one place.

And the Magnum x6 needs a lot more than a changeable barrel. I think I need to reinforce the whole gun while cooling it down with excess particle power but that's way too much finnicky bullcrap for me to deal with. It's not worth the effort for a joke weapon.
>>
>>14137667
Your points are exactly reason why pump laser warhead is feasible. Whole design skip straining of main model. And with this idea what's exploited isn't game system but in universe properties of already existing weapons. Nuclear launch capable MSs exist, why the hell not alternative warhead? For my main unit, I can use tactical nukes <thou mostly as propulsion method on space fields mostly> in penetration shell without any penalties and at low particle cost per shot and those are pretty much one shot kill on anything that isn't dedicated defense built with good energy shields. Sure, This is just upscalling and modifying existing systems and mechanics. And considering what japanese are doing with their gunpla I am pretty sure table system can handle that amount of particles. Wear on model alone can be mitigated with modular construction or simply casting off used part.

>It's not worth the effort
I agree it is prohibitively expensive idea, both in materials and manhours for an amateur but we are on 'how to make people butthurt' territory anyway, we can as well proceed.
>>
>>14137702
I swear to shit, my phone has deleted my post twice already. Abridged version:

The system prevents scratch built weapons from being that powerful, period.

I don't know how you're using multiple nukes per game unless you've nerfed AoE to the limit.
>>
File: Rx-78gp02a-mk82.jpg (4 KB, 207x64) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78gp02a-mk82.jpg
4 KB, 207x64
>>14138539
i've lost two post during our conversation to the same fate. Ugh.

Short answer - total yield of all warhead combined is under what is limited by system.

Somewhat longer answer:
300mm main cannon allows me to utilize variety of munition types, among which are Davy Crocket - type nukes. With yield of around 50 tonnes of TNT they aren't really much more powerfull than, say, Thermobaric warhead but in practice ball of plasma to the face works on almost everything just fine. I still haven't figure out how to penetrate energy shields on meme builds.

And yes, to achieve desired yield I cut pic related to matching size and glue it and integrate it into penetrator rounds. Then again, those round tend to detonate inside suits. Ha.
>>
>>14139221
Also, you can make those things directional like a claymore by painting them with reactive metalic paints but those aren't really working well with gunpla plastic and I feel machining main cannon barrel and breach mechanism out of aluminum is a little bit too much for my casual level.
>>
>>14119409
I run a Kshatriya build (24 funnels, big issue) so I had my brother her hop in the navigator slot. It was a major improvement, since I'm not tied down trying to fly and macro at the same time. Plus it comes with the usual benefits of having a navigator.

So that's my best advice to you: find yourself a navigator. It's either that or git gud.

Though I've seen a group of people running a bunch of g-bits with two navigators lose handily. So git gud is in play regardless.
>>
>>14139384
How to troll people and GOFAST in non paperclad deathtrap.
1. Acquire Kshatriya.
2. Remove funnels and funnel mounts.
3. Mount thruster banks into binders.
4. Recalibrate beam cannons to work in scattering beam shield mode all the time.
5. ???
6. Profit.
I run it with two of Gerbera Tetra rifles as ultimate harrassment suit. And mega beam saber at the end of each binders manipulator arms. Because intimidation.
>>
>>14139536
Nice. Actually mine has electrical grapples in place of the manipulators. Stun locking is a very underestimated tactic, almost no one expects it and it creates an easy win. Especially when they think I'm a range focus suit with all the funnels.
>>
>>14139384
I had an ultimate bell pepper build with 8 binders just for fun. Obviously remote attacks were out of the question so I just had them surround me like options from Gradius and fire in random patterns by altering each one's firing angle by small degrees. Their attack power is actually pretty garbage when the enemy is facing you head on, turns out. Without the element of surprise and multiple angles of attack, they're pretty easy to dodge. Eventually I turned the outer layer of binders into shield boosters and made two of the inside ones into weapon binders. It wasn't great because of shitty balance and overabundance of useless crap, but it was still much better. I gave up trying to improve it and sold the parts.

Kids, get a navigator if you're using more than 8 remotes or so. And make sure they're great at switching between micro and macro at a moment's notice.
>>
>>14139567
I had one that outright replaced the binders with giant Gabthley claws and the forearms with Byatlant Custom claws. Legs have some extra thrusters on them. All I do is RIP AND TEAR, it's insanely fun if you can close in on them. I painted it dark blue, too, so it looks scary as hell coming at you. I love it so much.
>>
>School ends for the day and all the kids go home
>My fellow teachers look both ways before locking the door to the teacher's lounge
>"Alright faggots, money on the table." The principal demands
>Everyone tosses in a twenty including myself
>Mrs. Warface brought her fucking custom Turn X again and Mr. Duwang brought the Devil Gundam his ten year old son made him
>"Come on snapfag you're up first!" The principal says shoving me towards the table.
>Mrs. Warface sets down her Turn X custom sure she's going to win again, but I have a trick up my sleeve this time
>Set down my newest snap build
>It's my newest baby, a G Self Perfect Pack
>The minute the battle starts I photon torpedo the shit out of that Turn X
>Only get to experience a brief moment of joy before the police raid the school
>Mr. Duwang was a fucking snitch
>School cancelled for the rest of the year on account of all the teachers running an underground Gunpla betting arena
>>
>>14139221
So are you saying you're basically focusing the blast of the nuke into a directional energy weapon? That's actually pretty cool if I'm understanding right but it doesn't match up to a colony laser-class attack. Still crazy powerful though, so I guess if someone is willing to trade the ammo of a Twin Buster for absolute power in a single shot, it could be worth it. I think I just knew the weapon under a different name: the Casaba Howitzer.
>>
>GM Sniper II
>Beam shield on the left arm
>Shotrifle
>Two chain mines on the backpack
Because if there's anything that's more fun than bumrushing with a beam shield and a shotrifle, it's watching a 00fag trans-am right into a chainmine when he tries to get behind you.
>>
>>14139577
Groups are also insanely useful if you've got the programming skill. Instead of having to micro individual remote weapons, you just send them out in groups of three or five or whatever and have them execute subroutines. Or you can just blob them together and launch them at your enemies, that works too.

Just don't grab any programming off the internet. They're universally shit.
Source: used to run a semi-stock MP Qubeley.
>>
>>14139567
Speaking of stuns. I once knew a guy who managed to rig up his suit to shoot out crazy glue. It required a lot of preparation so it would work right and it pretty much would only last one battle. But if that thing hit you you were going down.
>>
One time I built a PG Zaku II.

And then I put it on a shelf.

Sometimes I check it to make sure it's not dusty.
>>
>>14142641
Gunpla is freedom anon.
If you don't want your creation to see the action she so richly deserves, that's your prerogative
>>
>>14139615
Yes. Same weapon system that inspired me.
Thou to be precise, i shoot rounds that do that eighter on contact or, if lucky, inside the target. This eliminates most of problems related to detonating nuke at point blank range, at least for me, thou I still carry few traditional warheads foe when mobility in space ia needed.
I've pondered about an idea borrowed from Starfire books of internal combustion chamber for nukes build into a some sort of mobile armor but that really would need high grade metal parts for breach and barrel and I'm pretty sure even aluminium would withstand many shots. On the other hand, this configuration would glitch table for sure, so yeah. Not happening.
As for power, sustained output of colony laser is indeed impossible. But for few fractions of a second same scale of plasma jet is actually not that hard to achieve.
And by not hard I mean taking mk82 warhead, stuffing it into copper piping and covering whole contraption in industrial grade epoxy except for one side.
It goes boom. It goeas through colony. It goes through most of A Baoa Qu actually, thou diameter of plasma jet is kinda unsatisfactory, as it stayed to scale with brass piping, at around ten meter radius to scale.
>>14141837
How was the range on that? I've wanted glue shells since ever.
>>
Just finished my gabthley!

Do any of you guys fight with mobil armors instead of suits? I doubt the kids will expect to get grabbed by the claws on this one. And the mobility is great because i will be able to fly without constant thruster jumps.

Im hype
>>
>>14143159
Mobile armors almost universally suck, due to them being a common choice of That Guys. As a result, everyone who even casually takes part in the sport has fought at least one.

They have also been nerfed several times.
>>
File: gabthley.jpg (1 MB, 1694x2635) Image search: [Google]
gabthley.jpg
1 MB, 1694x2635
>>14143199
fuck

well atleast the Gab is a decent mobile suit too :C
>>
So what're peoples metas like, and how do you typically adjust? Like if bitches are funnel-spamming or running all the GN hijinks, what's your go-to solution?
>>
>>14143509
Run more funnels, run more GN drives. Run funnels with GN drives, run GN drives with funnels.
>>
>>14143554
>Run funnels with GN drives,
WAACshitters are cancer.
>>
>>14143554
>not turning your suits GN drives into detachable funnels
>>
>>14143509
Dickery. Like adding hidden subarms or beam weapons where they shouldn't be.

When someone does something you expect, respond with something they don't.
>>
>>14143677
Speaking of Dickery

>Built myself a custom piledriver the likes of the H.E.A.T ones from Armored Core VD
>Stuck it behind the shield
>Later that night go down to hobby store
>10-man FFA with randoms and a mate
>Mate does general F91 gottagofast shenanigans
>Suddenly turns on me
>His 2H Beam Saber vs my Beam Saber + Shield
>He knocks my Saber away
>Fire the piledriver
>Penetrates through my shield and nails him in the cockpit

Hilarity ensues.
>>
>>14143715
Hidden ranged weapons on melee suits are my favorite, along with anything from G Gundam. Like beam ribbons. People just can't seem to figure out how they work.

It makes close combat a nightmare.
>>
>>14143726
>Like beam ribbons. People just can't seem to figure out how they work.
Allenby truly is the magical girl of G Gundam
>>
>>14142711
They just had it rigged up like a flamethrower. The range was pretty bad, but anything coming within that range got splattered.

I bet they'd go nuts if they thought about loading shells. Though that'd be a lot of individual prep per battle. Though maybe better than replacing one big container filled with dry glue
>>
>>14143738
I usually just mount them like the Pale Rider's. Do a spin move to take people's legs off.
>>
>>14143159
>MAs
Not when solo. Very few MA's are effective when used by one person, for balance sale they are purposefully made hard to drive. No idea why really, as most are only good at tanking damage and having ridicusly hugh amounts of HP.
I've only tried stock Gadelaza thou which actually isn't like above description, by being gofast unit that packs really big punch, expecially when equipped with true GN drives. ESPECIALLY if it's bigger bits have that upgrade, as it allow unlimited time usage of remote weaponsz eliminating need to recharge them after few shots, effectively allowing your team to field your own fleet of fourteen hard to hit beam carrying space fighters. Cool but really hard to use.
>>14143509
Remote weapons - jamming. Decoys are cheap addon and you can spam them pretty much all the time. Ditto chaffs and minovsky missiles for area saturation of particles. Beam shields slaved to macross and radar. Being good at dodging, as in 1on1 matches few people can micromanage their suit and funnels/bits.
Trans-am - ugh. My main unit is ground artillery unit and this was my bane for some time. Now I've got smartgun turret with plasma cannon and two beam gatlings combined with i-field shields under shoulder armor. Hildolrf can outlast any flying suit when they go red and i carry more direct firepower then anything that isn't Jezus Yamato suit, so they usually can't come close for melee strike. TL;DR keepnypur distance and wait for them to run out of gas. Or be really good builder amd have superior specs anyway.

>>14143616
See above. Except for kamikaze funnels they aren't that much of danger really and decent AA macro pics them up easily enough.
>>14143715
Cool but nah. Anybody with even a bit of meta knowledge expects pile drivers in a shield. Now, put them in knee armor and observe butthurt.
>>14143726
>>
>>14143509
Forget all about those bullshit gimmicks like funnels and bits. If you really have your heart and mind set on victory and honor, then you need to learn a proper fighting style, develop your body to its fullest, and get yourself a Mobile Fighter.
>>
>>14143509
AI systems. VEDA is overall performance booster, EXAM is great addition as targeting computer, ALICE, while taking up most of weapon and special slots and being a real energy hog, can autowin any match, turning gunpla battle into modern day Formula front.
My secondary ms, symmetrical and dual wielding Flag was a testbed for smartlink system that now act as AA defense - it's gpod enough for shooting down remotes and missiles, even beams if they are limited in numbers.
Shields. Mundane but good, self made multilayered shield tanks non custom weapons suprisingly effectively. Soft plastic for ablative armor, metal for anti beam. Adding bit of copper protect shield from melting when attacked by melee beam weapons. Little trick- rubber around connector isolates shield from your suit from shock attacks and reduce transfered damage to about 1/3, so stronger physical attacks won't break your rides arm when hit. I've also saw ceramic tiles combined with one of those coolc eramic kitchen knives blades build as a gunlance. Tanked mega particle shots easily.
>>14143726
>ranged
reactive armor Exia. Except armor is modular Claymore like directed charges in reality. Beam weapons tend to ignite individual plates, which neatly exlodes into the faces of enemies. Works as limited reactive armor against missiles. Whole thing is kinda obvious thou.
>ribbons
Obligatory > fucking!
I've once saw a team where two suits flown with beam cats craddle between them while third one acted kinda as a herder. Beams where almost invisible and they've managed to catch few suits during battle royale. Personaly, i would love to try funnels with beam ribbon tails. Or, for that matter, shells for my 300mm gun. Not that i can't shoot funnels out of it, come to think of it..hmm.

>>14143769
This is pure evil. Can you imagine what kind ofa annoyance cleaning a kit with this stuff all over it is? I am an asshole but unless it's some sort of revenge I wouldn't use that.
Said that, I'll take two.
>>
>have a special Sperglord custom RGC-83 that I worked with a local shop to fluff out.
>it's got only one canon, and a heavy back pack, but it's more powerful and accurate than stock.
>Took allot of work, but it can also dump it's armor. The amount of time and work into this thing is stupidly high.
>Decide to take it to a race, want to see the looks on people's faces.
>Everyone is looking at me like I'm retarded
>(I am, just not for the reason they think)
>rules say you need to go in full load. Doesn't say anything about keeping it on.
>Line up at the start, and blow armor bolts.
>Giant thrusters - Fuck ton of weight= sweaty.
>Go!
>I go full blast.
>and promptly lose sight of my mech, and get kicked out of the game.
>Data days I accelerated so quickly, "I" turned to mush and died.
>We found it embedded in the far wall.

So where were you when you found out you were literally stupid as Fuck, /m/?
>>
>>14143199
They don't suck just so thou. MA's are designed for specific roles on battlefield, while MS is an universal machine, so even specialized ones can be easily prepared for pretty much any situation in combat. I really wouldn't want to fight aquatic MA in ocean field or Psyco Gundam with competent crew in space. Neue Ziel is a monster with good pilot and macros, >>14143835 > Gadelaza is probably best non custom remote weapons platform in existence. Problem lies in crippling overspecialization, especially in UC timeline, as ZEON was using them as last ditch defenses mostly, making them incomplete designs.
There are units that deny that problem, Shamblo comes to mind for example.
>>14143891
Not me but my university has a table in old library building with a nice little park next to it. Annual there is trying to hit some art deco monument in the middle of after few year ago one student done pretty much what you described and his gunpla went through window, over the street and embedded itself into deans then new Cressida. Now it's actually part of curriculum for engineering department.
As for personal achievements, in custom match I've fielded a GN brick. For records, you need 57 GN drives to make a brick fly under Earths gravity. At the same match, another one used a toaster, with toasts acting as missiles. Steam Iron was also present thou ironing board couldn't be registered into a table system. Go figure.

>>14142641
That's awesome. Any pictures? Good build are always nice thing to see.
>>
>Wake up one morning and decide to go full autism
>Grab Hildolfr off shelf
>Add Pinpoint Barrier
>Add Moonlight Butterfly
>Replace arms with Railguns
>Sharpen Firing-Anchors
>Smoothbore the main gun
>Add the option to fire glue-ATGMs

help me
>>
>>14143974
>Moonlight Butterfly
What. Glue ATGMs sound cool though.
>>
>this thread

roleplaying as characters in the worst Gundam franchise.

Have we really sunk this low?
>>
So I discovered another way to screw with people, dunno if you folks have tried it. I started with an HG V2. Besides generally making the model clean and high-quality to improve Plavsky distribution, I figured out how to divert some power from "vital" systems to focus all on the secret weapon. Technically it's just forcing the MS to go into a pseudo-stun but it frees up everything physically possible on the model as far as I know. Unfortunately you have to have everything set as a timed macro because you can't control anything once it begins. I put a special thing hidden in the cockpit area. I have some custom code that upon transformation into Core Fighter mode, automatically activates a lock-on system and does a few other things before diverting power to the special system+thrust and removing me from control. Finally, the colors are grey with white/yellow accents and red details.

Have you figured it out?
>>
>>14143986
>Have you figured it out?
no, because I don't read shit that author didn't care enough to use white spacing.
>>
>Used a stock AGE-FX to test it out before considering any modifications.
>beam sabers everywhere, a dozen funnels that can form barriers, big ass beam cannon
>It's fucking amazing, easily overwhelms highly customized MS
Is AGE-FX the greatest base MS?
>>
>>14143984
>in the worst Gundam franchise.
I didn't realize real life was the worst gundam franchise anon. Do you buy gunpla?
>>
>>14143999
there's only one Gundam franchise where they pretend that the plastic that they got suckered into has any value besides a fancy paperweight, shit-stain.
>>
>>14144008
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>14143986
I call this tactic the Reinforce Junior.
>at some point in the battle I have the lower hand and I realize I can't stay on offense anymore
>both of us are fairly damaged
>it is time to finish it, whether that means one man will be left standing or none at all
>we're far enough away from the other that we can both regroup before another round of trading blows
>I use the time to say goodbye to the younger generation
>then transform into Core Fighter mode
>all I can do now is pray
>cockpit goes red, controls are locked
>transformation finishes, WoL thrusters boot up to maximum power
>system is scanning for an enemy to home in on and quickly spots him in the distance
>there is no cannon to fire
>this is a homing device
>the secret thing in my cockpit turns on
>a giant, shaped beam shield -- no, it would be better to call it an arrowhead -- erupts from the tip of my core fighter, right in front of the cockpit
>WoL look like feathers hanging from the bottom of the shaft
>enemy is fast but you can't outrun the hopes and dreams of the future
>I watch, still obscured by red "Stun" signs and a wall of pink energy, as they put up their defense of one measly I-Field
>it would be pitiable if I didn't realize how horrifying it must be to face a guided kamikaze beam weapon
>rip through the space formerly occupied by the enemy's cockpit
>particles run out as calculated; the drain is too great to continue any longer than 15 seconds at a full charge
>cockpit screens go dark and I close my eyes
>rest easy knowing that even if I float away to my death, my goal was accomplished and my sacrifice will protect the kids who fought so hard just to survive
>BATTLE ENDED
>remember I am not living in Victory
>rejoice that my friends and loved ones won't be murdered by Tomino before I get home
>tell opponent that he got rekt hard, he tells me to avoid crashing into any bikes on my way home, tell him to fuck off
>tell the audience that this one was in memory of Odelo before leaving
>>
>>14143989
It's 8 sentences, illiterate scrub.

It's hard to tell when posting from my phone, my bad
>>
>>14143974
Hi.>>14128321
Why MB thou? It eats particles like crazy and on a ground unit benefis are mediocre at best.

>Pinpoint Barrier
Which one of the systems have you used? Do you run it on manual or on macross/ai's?
Also, if you go full ranged mode and remove arms for firepower, while bother with shields at all? Put in bigger powerplant, upgrade threads, go fast with ECM for protection. Or invest in stealth and blow enemies when die come to close to you.
Your build isn't really efficient. Oh, it must look awesome when you boost like in AC:V but you won't be doing it for long.
Also, you can easily mount two more guns on shoulder armor . Phalanx like turret in the back and at least two on front hull will help too. Easy to scratchbuild or to scavenge from naval plamo.

>sudden idea
Multiple vertical launch systems on a tender. Eighter VLS with rockets or, for close support, twenty or so mortars with autoloaders. I think I won't be sleeping tonight.
>>
Bitches ain't got shit on my

New Type magnetic coated psychomu powered Biosensing Gatling Nuke Funnel Wings of Light with After Images controlled by the A.L.I.C.E.X.A.M. ZERO System. Though if you do managed to even witness this glory you'd be crushed by it's Devil Cell God and Darkness fingers fired from the phase-shift satellite canons mounted to its Moonlight Butterfly emitters.

Oh and it has like fifty GN drives.

I tried to fit all that I could into a single name, I don't think it's even possible
>>
>>14144133
Did you just quote yourself?
>>
>>14144140
Oh right I forgot the most important part:

Ver. KA, Tem Ray custom.
>>
>>14144140
And whole thing melts on launch.
If you can pull it of thou for longer than thirty seconds, neat.
>>14144141
pic was related, too lazy too look for another angle of that build.
>>
File: 20160422_034106.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160422_034106.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Gentlemen.
>>
>>14144133
>Oh, it must look awesome when you boost like in AC:V but you won't be doing it for long.
The sad irony is that tanks don't boost for long even in AC:V.

>Your build isn't really efficient.
A Hildolfr isn't even that efficient half the time anyways, using its main gun as propulsion in space battles still loses out to things that can actually move in space.

>Which one of the systems have you used? Do you run it on manual or on macross/ai's?
Also, Manual. I like to pull off a Basara.
>>
>>14144184
Almost forgot:

>Also, if you go full ranged mode and remove arms for firepower, while bother with shields at all?
Because you're going to get that one chucklefuck who will land a hit on you no matter what.

>Put in bigger powerplant, upgrade threads, go fast with ECM for protection.
Already done that, just didn't mention it in original post.

>Also, you can easily mount two more guns on shoulder armor .

I run CIWS and a Subcomputer for faster targetting on Left and Right Shoulder respectively. Backmount is a dual VLS launcher.
>>
>>14143159
I love using MAs. There's very little that can touch a well played Psyco Mk-II. Elmeth is also an excellent sniper.
The easiest MA to use is likely Queen Mansa, as it's really just a big MS with a handy reflective i-field.
>>
>>14143509
Lately, my local meta has been trending towards lightly armed, lightly armored, incredibly quick suits with fuckoff powerful I-fields. Which I don't mind at all, since I've still got the Vulcans from back when missiles and funnels were the in thing.

I suspect as we get closer and closer to October, and thus WWZ, it will gradually shift towards accurate long range rifles.
>>
>>14144184
>>14144184
>tanks don't boost for long even in AC:V.
But they look glorious while doing so.

>A Hildolfr isn't even that efficient
It is best ground based mid and long range support unit in stock configuration and we both proceed over same road in customization to add to that capabilities. I don't feel my unit to be inferior to current or previous meta builds, as defensive constructs are still underarmored for nuclear silver bullet penetrator and are actually slow enough to be hit by one, while speedsters are more than welcome to beams from Unicorn gatlings. Plasma smartgun is an overwhelmingly overpowered AA gun
but it is a very effective gun and fact that I have two beam sabers longer than Gunperry thanks to oversized reactor, I really am not afraid of occasional melee. Then again, Hildolfr isn't a competitive machine for me - for that I've build Gerbera Quatra. Another plus is also fact that most players tend to feel superiority when in proper MS. Sniping them with 300mm shells is very satisfying.

>>14144411
And this is main reason why my main armament on any suit still uses physical munnition. You can also do some fun stuff with real bullets that beam weaponry simply won't allow.
Also, I-fields? Come on, nobody found out that SD gunplas mega particle cannons can be repurposed as HG scale beam shield on the cheap? They also work as scattering beam rifles in alternative mode.

>>14144373
I'll dispute fact that Mansa is a MA. By that logic Sazabi would be one too. Elmeth is a pain in the ass for me, as I can't do shit in space effectively but Psyco series is actually kinderspiel, being big and lacking any form of shielding.
>>
>stupid fucking jock makes fun of my name
>end up smashing four of his gunplas and murdering his girlfriend in cold blood
>>
>>14144142
>didn't paint it red to go three times faster
>doesn't appear to be able to gattai, henshin, or CHANGE
>not named after his horse
>not controlled by guitar and has no songs for the enemy to listen to
>not powered by hot-blooded spirit, hard work & guts, or THOSE WITH COURAGE
>doesn't have shining trapezohedron
>cannot digivolve
>doesn't have something simply because it's cool
>not playing one of the undefeatable themes
>can stop and isn't just a soldier
>isn't in an Obari pose
>wasn't built by a deceased relative
>isn't powered by a deceased relative
>doesn't purge the face armor to reveal a fully detailed face beneath
>doesn't explicitly have too much high power, man
>didn't call its attack
>isn't playing OP 1
Need I say any more? Tell me what it's like in the loser's bracket.

>but can it EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha?
>>
>>14144533
Hey, I remember you. You're that cute little twink boy who got violated by my Hambrabi.
>>
>>14144515
Oh, don't get me wrong. I do have an array of physical weapons, and in serious competition I'll use them.
But it's fun to see someone roll up on my Qubeley expecting an easy kill due to lolifield, only to get shredded by surprise vulcans
>>
>that one madman who equipped his MegaSize with a glock and shot up everyone elses gunpla
Is that even legal?
>>
>>14144673
No, hell no.
>>14144589
Well, I have Kampfer with Gerberas arm guards. 100mm cannons have a nice sound to them.
>>
File: 1454710136852.gif (2 MB, 637x359) Image search: [Google]
1454710136852.gif
2 MB, 637x359
>people hating on GN drives
>people hating on Trans-Am because they're not skilled enough to pilot it.
Stay mad scrubs. GN units are labors of love. You're just assblasted that you aren't good enough to handle the learning curve.
>>
>>14144515
>and fact that I have two beam sabers longer than Gunperry thanks to oversized reactor, I really am not afraid of occasional melee.
Why don't you just add a laser part to the Lockdown-Anchors/Stabilizers and use that as a melee weapon/laser whip like in IGLOO?
>>
>>14144515
>Psyco series is actually kinderspiel, being big and lacking any form of shielding.
That's just plain wrong, Psycos are monsters when it comes to defense. They've got beam protection, mega particle cannons as point defense systems, and thick ass armor. The Mk-II has reflector bits on top of that.
>>
>>14144829
And I have 300mm APFSDS penetrator with half kiloton nuke attached, shot from artillery platform capable of over the horizon combat. And those can be shot in rapidfire mode, about one shot per second.
Most Psycho Gundam pilots tend to move slowly, concentrating on it's formidable offense capabilities, making this machine an easy target. I am talking about standard build, without meta modifications here but even uparmored ones tend to fold like Ramiel.
I am not bragging, a lowly Zaku with a bazooka is enough to kill my machine. But my Hildolfr is actually designe to be a killer of armored, relatively slow tank builds and it this job it excels. I have yet to meet any MS, MA, orbital station or any other object that actually survives more than three direct hits and only thing that actually did manage to eat second round in it's face was supped up Quanta in full burst mode - it tanked first one just fine and teleported second directly above me, thus finishing whole spiel. Good times.
>>14144798
Because I suck at that kind of controls and need oversized beams to even think about hitting anything.
I can shoot, I cannot into CQC.
Those sabers are mostly used as intimidation, while I distract whoever came close enough I will also frantically try to switch that plasma smartgun into perimeter defense mode.
>>14144770
You've got it wrong. GN drives are awesome and when skilled pilot is using MS with one, or two, it is sight to behold.
Problem is, most players are thinking that slapping it onto their suit and going fast is universal solution to every thread. And when they do get shot down they tend to be, well, not very polite about being defeated. Unless they've managed to run into a cliffside, because they couldn't adapt to trans-ams finnicky control settings, then it's beyond butthurt.
>>
>>14144927
>But my Hildolfr is actually designe to be a killer of armored, relatively slow tank builds and it this job it excels. I have yet to meet any MS, MA, orbital station or any other object that actually survives more than three direct hits

I ran into a Neo Zeong player once with enough phase shift armor for me to need a 4th round from my Hildolfr. Once. Never saw him again after the round shattered the plamo.
>>
>Go down to local hobbyshop for randomly-drawn casual fun 1v1s in a mode we call "Arena"
>Guy I'm fighting puts down a Red and Black custom as fuck Overflag
>One of the Guntank cannons on the right shoulder
>Macross-amount Missile launcher on the left side
>Plasma Machinegun in his Left Arm
>Arm/Wrist-mounted Beam Saber
>"9" Decal on right shoulder
>A customized EXAM mixed with NTD system
>Quickboosting all over the fucking place, must have had modified generator and thrusters
>I have the sudden urge to destroy
>Get wrecked
>Dude later went on to become the top ranked player of the store's "Arena" mode
>>
>>14145007
You could say he became that store's...

master of arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1RY55yL2o
>>
>>14145007
I really want to fight this guy, Factory custom map, "that" music in the background.
>>
>>14144927
>about one shot per second.
Have fun settling with 5 shots to be used throughout the game. I know that's more than needed for anything that would attempt to tank the shots but I can't imagine you'd be fighting so many MAs that 1 shot/sec, or even your armor-crushing Hildolfr was necessary. How does that RoF help do anything but nerf the rest of the capabilities of the weapon?

>over the horizon
What is Minovsky/Plavsky interference?

>seriously arguing that GN Drives aren't the most retarded things in the meta ever
It's noob bait, makes up for decrease in handling with pure outrunning capability and near-untargetability, remains a totally viable tactic even through the amateur tournament scene with absolutely no skill invested (besides a quick adjustment period to Trans-Am controls at the beginning), easy to legitimately get good with because you never have to stop practicing with it, and worst of all it makes everyone wants to build 00 kits just for the sake of winning.

I'll admit most are only serious problems in the snap-building community (but weren't we all, once?) because build quality barely differs, while I've heard of fantastic builds speeding past easymode Trans-Am fags. I'm just disappointed that going six hours without fighting a 00 suit is notable and 85% of 00 fights will be dealing with people who Trans-Am'd out of the birth canal and refer to Gunpla Battle as "how well I can mimic an internet spreadsheet about dealing with anti-Trans-Am strategies". Whenever I meet a Gunpla battler who hasn't actually watched a single show, I can guarantee you it will be a Tranny lover.
In short, damn annoying and are a bad influence on the creativity of newer players.
>>
>>14145056
>What is Minovsky/Plavsky interference?
Not him but
>Sector Coordinate Bombardment
>Eyeballing it
Just my input
>>
>Grab the gun off of a plamo tank and modify it into a sniper rifle for gunpla
>Originally planned it for display, but decided to see how it would work in battle
>Carry AP and HE shells, a stealth system, and enough boosters to fly to a good spot
>Bring it to a damage level A match for shits and giggles
>Get to a good vantage point, engage stealth and set up the gun
>Fire at enemy Arios, shot misses
>Gun breech rips off part of my Gunpla's head with the recoil
>He somehow didn't see the huge amount of dust kicked up by the shot or the muzzle flash of the gun
>Adjust the head position, reload, aim and fire
>AP shell bounces off him
>He tumbles from the impact of the shell and crashland in MA mode
>Fire HE at him while he is stuck in the ground
>Match End: Victory!
>Followed by a massive GN drive explosion
Man, I felt kind of bad for him. It was a stock Arios and he didn't really got all emotional, but still.

>Huge hole where the AP shell hit and bounced
>Everything else wrecked by the HE shell
>GN drive is destroyed
>>
>>14145067
Fair enough but when you have such extremely limited ammo I don't know why you would take the chance.
>>
>>14145099
Nothing ventured nothing gained. Support fire is also really useful for team matches. Most proper Hildolfrs have backup arm/shoulder mount weapons in case of main-gun-has-no-ammo anyways.
>>
File: hild-3.jpg (113 KB, 750x498) Image search: [Google]
hild-3.jpg
113 KB, 750x498
>>14145056
>5 shots
That would be nuclear enhanced penetrator rounds, sure, they need to be actually modeled prior any game but standard munition types are present in system settings and aren't limited to such small amount. Depending on what exactly is loaded, up to eighty rounds can be stored on board. Additional rounds can be carried on hull but we all know how this particular idea usually ends. And when prolonged combat is imminent, well, all hail energy tuning forks.
>>
File: hild-2.png (3 MB, 1072x888) Image search: [Google]
hild-2.png
3 MB, 1072x888
On related note, Hildolfr can into space after all.
>>
File: hild-4.jpg (191 KB, 901x1600) Image search: [Google]
hild-4.jpg
191 KB, 901x1600
>>14145056
>What is Minovsky/Plavsky interference?
Unless field comes preloaded with particle clouds or Throne/minovsky missiles are used, there is pretty much no limits on how far sensors reach. And I've never lost communication links with team members as long those are up both telemetry and visual feeds are send. Fun fact on that, you actually can't use that in proper EW combat, as this is table function, not model capability. But I digress.

>>14145099
Five special, or preferable, six, as I like symmetry, alone are worthless, as anybody with a brain will start dodging after first shot. Five nuclear penetrators mixed in between saturation barrage are something else. Throw in thermobaric warheads for some decent area of effect shelling without need to painstakingly kitbash custom munitions and final picture is looks somewhat different.

>>14145775
>When healing shells will be mass produced...
Well, not Healing shells, more like particle container delivery system but still.
>>14145775
There is this little problem of ground pressure at this point thou. Pic related is pretty much a practical limit on what can be mounted without compromising mobility. One could remove armor panels completely and acquire for example sextuple beam gatling setup [done that, not very effective but showy as hell] or any other comparable loadout as alternative.

>>14145082
One question:
what scale was that tank?
>>
>>14145921
Quick question: How do you deal with Jammers/Stealth users that pack firepower capable of slagging you easily?

Also on the topic of Hild maxload, I still see room for two more vertical launch missile launchers. That and Ground Pressure isn't really a problem if you're playing a map like Canyon where its solid stable bedrock for ground.
>>
>>14145921
>Well, not Healing shells, more like particle container delivery system but still.

I don't think you understood what I meant by supporting fire. I was talking about using the Hildolfr as its proper role in team battles by being a Mobile Tank/Artillery Platform and laying down support fire. Not healing my teammates or anything, just bombing the shit out of the other guys.
>>
File: hild-5.jpg (140 KB, 750x598) Image search: [Google]
hild-5.jpg
140 KB, 750x598
>>14145942
Understood. I am replaying GodEater and had this stupid attack of inspiration. Bad joke, sorry.
>>14145937
If it's one on one match, nothing really can be done. Turning reactor off and hiding in a favorable ambush spot never really worked for me thou so it's spray and pray until something hits. And it's not like hitting mobile suit in one on one match with and artillery piece is really practical or possible.
Active jammers are somewhat manageable, as their general position can be triangulated with use of remote tac net and dropable sensors but in the end this too boils down to saturating general vicinity and hoping for the best.
In team matches, well, spotters.
>>14145937
>room for two more vertical launch missile launchers
But current rotation have only three rocky maps. Any jungle or forest is a pain to maneuver and even in cities overpasses can crumble. There is also matter of how many different systems can be put in one MS. Hild isn't a multirole machine after all.
>>
File: ball.jpg (60 KB, 621x622) Image search: [Google]
ball.jpg
60 KB, 621x622
Gentlemen.
>>
>>14145921
1/35.
That said, the build quality and the different scale of the gun probably buffed the gun's performance beyond what a 8.8 cm KwK 43L/71 is supposed to do.
The gun is hell to carry around though, its pretty damn long.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (8 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
8 KB, 300x225
>>14146719
Pic related, machined version of said cannon. Impressive for a handheld.
http://www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/135-scale-round-for-88cm-guns-kwk43pak43-6-ps-8971-p.asp
And those seem to actually be bigger than long rods I use as penetrators. Whoa.
>>
So one time this guy showed up at the local hobby shop during battle night.
Now, none of us are that bad, but this guy comes in with what looks like a straight build ball.
He asks for us to come at him all together.
The fight was brutal. Right at the start the ball shot a trans-am exia when it rushed him, he stole the buster sword and took out two guys with it.

Professional level players are crazy good. I wonder if he'll ever show up around here again
>>
>>14146899
Tried with other tank guns, the 8.8cm KwK 36 L/56 is a more portable gun, but not by much. The performance is slightly worse, but eh, you don't really need the stupidly good performance of the KwK 43 for gunpla battle anyway, unless you're fighting some crazy tanky build.

Loading the gun manually like one does for a tank is kind of annoying though, takes like 5 seconds to load the gun unless one scratchbuilds an autoloading system.
>>
>>14144567
>>isn't playing OP 1
OP2 was actually better
>>
>>14148993
OP2 is never better, anon
>>
>>14148999
Well, maybe not for Gundam
>>
>>14147322
Bullshit.

Exia shouldn't be able to power the Bustah Sahd
>>
>finish my kitbash of an HG Wing and Airmaster, call it the Vaet Gundam
>both can transform
>using the transformation turns it into a towering abomination because both suits transform options try to go at once
and everything smacks together mid transformation
>decide to have some fun with this
>scale up an open mouth crossbone face
>replace eyes and open mouth with clear orange plastic
>put ZZ forehead cannon in the mouth
>red LEDs behind eyes and mouth
>smack it into the back, covered by the backpack so no one sees it
>gave it a sandpaper cape for the extra edge
>head down to my local shop
>they just got in 2 more tables and were trying out an abandoned space station map
>my time is now
>battle start
>a custom heavyarms with beam sabers instead of missiles and guns charges at me in full open mode
>takes my left arm before I could draw my scythe
>kick him in the head and blast his cockpit with a double barrel clay bazooka
>some guy using an exia comes up and smacks me in the back with a GN sword
>sandpaper cape dulls the hell out of it
>twist around and skewer him with my bazookas beam bayonet
>only 4 other people left
>guy with a centaur gyan impales a tallgeese 3 with a lance
>saves his friend running a custom gelgoog J from a blue destiny 2
>they were teaming on people so I know that they'll follow together
>make sure they see me run into the wrecked satellite
>gelgoog J goes in a little bit ahead
>stab him in the head with the scythe and drag him around a corner
>hear gyantaurs thrusters kick in high gear
>ohyesnigga.jpg
>kick his friend at him
>rip off my backpack+cloak
>switch into MA mode
>all you could hear was the sound of sandpaper scraping up metal and the clashing of suit parts
>orange light fills the corridor
>gyantaur throws his friends ms off of him just in time to see the particle cannon charging
>blast him, the station, and by extension myself to hell
boy am I glad we were playing on C
>>
The stable for my wife and I, so far. She has a boner for Wing MS.
*Shrug*
>>
>>14119321
Me too
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.