[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong I like her and want more of her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: Star-Wars-4.jpg (180 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-4.jpg
180 KB, 500x734
Is it wrong I like her and want more of her?
>>
>>14117770
Yes because she's boring as fuck in the movie
>>
>>14117770
She was barely a character and her armour is dumb.
>>
>>14117770
Apparently she gets more screentime in the next movie. Her and TR8-R both.
>>
>>14117770

You only like her because she is a submissive woman in traditionally men's clothing/armor with no personality.

Essentially perfect waifu material.
>>
>Is it wrong
Yes.
>I like her
No you don't.
>and want more of her?
Already confirmed, fuck off. I'm not in the mood for this cocksucking motherfucking bullshit on my board today.
>>
We all did. They marketed her hard and built her up to be a big fucking deal, then in the movie she was a fucking joke who didn't do shit.

Meanwhile a random nameless Stormtrooper became the breakout character of the movie in a position that should have been Phasma's.
>>
>>14117770
She's Boba Fett but even more of a jobber
>>
File: 1441514805661.jpg (523 KB, 1060x1440) Image search: [Google]
1441514805661.jpg
523 KB, 1060x1440
>>14117770

Don't listen to those assholes OP, she is the imperial qt we needed, JJ just fucking blew it with her.
>>
>>14117793
Cool down, anon.
>>
>>14117826
Sorry, I was a little hot-headed.
>>
>>14117778
/thread
>>
>>14117834
It's okay, we all get a little nuclear sometimes.
>>
>>14117770
>present your rifle for inspection
>>
>>14117793

> on my board

It isn't your board though. If you don't want bullshit, don't come here.
>>
>>14117811
That's because a random, nameless stromtrooper did more than Phasma in his 45 seconds than she did in the entire film.
>>
>>14117782
I'm pretty sure TR-8R is dead.
>>
>>14117770
>Women
>soldiers
Pick one.
>>
>>14118115
Phasma is /r9k/-related

>No loyalty to the tribe
>Ruined everything
>Achieved her top position by tokenism
>>
>>14118106
Nope. Zeros lives.
>>
>>14117946

Boba Fett had cool armour and said like eight words in Empire, but everyone thought he was the coolest thing ever.

I think JJ thought he could capture that with Phasma, but everyone loved TR8RH8R instead.

Maybe she wont suck in the next movie.
>>
>>14117770
>Is it wrong I like her
It's not wrong to like her design, or just the concept of a high ranking female officer antagonist.

It is wrong to like her for what she did in the movie, because she did nothing in the movie.
>>
Phasma is such an useless superfluous character, they should have rolled her and General Hux into one character.
>>
>>14117946
Phasma could've been replaced any other faceless stormtrooper and it wouldn't have affected the movie.
>>
>>14117812

Not possible. She's as much of a jobber, yes - but not more so, because Boba did fuck all in the films.
>>
>>14118122
Was that said somewhere or are you just hopeful?
>>
Phasma should've been the traitor! stromtrooper.
>>
>>14118158

Course it wasn't said anywhere, Nines was the only First Order character who did anything so naturally they want him to be alive despite being smacked through the air by a bowcaster.
>>
File: 1460065522300.png (743 KB, 1171x466) Image search: [Google]
1460065522300.png
743 KB, 1171x466
Who /N4-PR/ here?
>>
>>14118237
As much as the whole TR-8R thing amuses me, bringing him back would be an asspull of epic proportions.

Unless they bring him back as some kind of cyborg. Still an asspull, but one I'd be okay with.
>>
Am alone in thinking that if Phasma had taken TR8R's role, the scene would have been immensely less cool, and maybe received no notice at all?

It's the impact of having a nameless grunt beat the shit out of a main character, who's got a lightsaber. Especially with how he just drops everything to go after him for being a traitor, that's what did it for me. It's just so utterly unexpected to see a Stormtrooper get emotional and actually successfully do something in the movies. People notice and remember that shit.

Plus, as much as I want to like Phasma (even bought a poster and would have gotten the figuarts if I didn't miss the preorders), her having one fight scene or not doesn't really do much for her character anyway.

Especially considering how easy she just gives up later on without a fight. It would have been a strange contrast.
>>
>>14118265
Dark Trooper confirmed.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (38 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
38 KB, 429x429
>>14117770
>cool armor
>mysterious identity
>hyped up in the promotiional content and word of mouth
>almost no lines
>doesn't do jack shit in the movie
>goes out like a scrub

No more wrong to like her than the people who have liked Boba Fett.
>>
>>14118342
>doesn't do jack shit
Grammar grammar.
>>
>>14118265
I know it isn't canon anymore but if The Force Unleashed told me anything about the Star Wars universe is that anyone can be rebuilt, provided you have the right resources. I don't see why TR-8R cant come back.
>>
>>14118473

...Based on what?

No-one came back from the dead. Are we talking about Threepio having a red arm for some reason?
>>
>>14118473
>>14118481

>Unleashed

Sorry, I'm a fool.

But then you open up a whole can of worms about Starkiller all over again, so.
>>
>>14118481
If I recall correctly, once The Emperor discovered Starkillers existence, Vader literally stabbed in the back, beat the shit out of him, then threw him off a really high ledge and he still managed to rebuild him.

Yeah, I know there's a ton of plot holes with TFU ( How did Palpatine not automatically detect Starkiller automatically through the Force?) but I was just using that as an example. I suppose a better example would be Darth Vader himself. Chopped up and set on fire and they still managed to rebuild him.

Also I'm new here, is there some Starkiller shill around these parts?
>>
>>14118342
With Fett, he was hyped up because you had Vader directly mention to him 'no vaporization' which implied he had to deal with him before and Fett was good enough that Vader didn't kill him like he does with everyone else.

But let's face it, it's mainly the armor.
>>
>>14118473

If Filoni's shit is still canon, then apparently you can be rebuilt after being cut in half and chucked down a several hundred metre drop.
>>
>>14118538
Maul was in rebels.
>>
>>14117824
>>JJ just fucking blew it with her.

Which is a reoccurring thing with Jar Jar
>>
>>14118532
The funny thing about that is I always thought it was a warning not to fuck up, as if Boba Fett was notorious for accidentally killing targets he was supposed to capture alive, and he just happened to answer the call along with the other bounty hunters.
>>
>>14118779

this. not really sure where you're getting the other ' no vaporization' reading from.
>>
I was upset how easily she caved in to deactivating the shields, all she had to do was say fuck off and kill me instead and kept the base secure. Sheev would never have put such a wuss in charge of anything.
>>
>>14119021
Better yet, she could have alerted the base to their presence and just as they said "Are you done yet?", she could say yes just as the storm troopers storm the room.
>>
>>14119027

And then everyone dies and the movie ends quite differently.

Oops.
>>
>>14119027
Maybe not have the storm troopers capture them, just have the alarms go off. They then force her to deactivate the shields by... I don't know maybe DNA recognition or something, just make her do SOMETHING worthy of being called the next Boba Fett.
>>
>>14118265
>>14118158
>>14118122
the best way to handle it is have another nameless stormtrooper with the same motion and voice actor.
If you
>>
>>14117770
It's not wrong to like or hate her really.

It IS wrong, however, being so little media savvy to think that she was gone for good.
>>
>>14117811
>>14117824
>this kind of people post on /m/

>>14118106
Disney already acknowledged his fame and hinted at his return.
>>
>THE CHARACTER IS FEMALE XDDDD AWESOME!!!!!!!!11

I don't understand how some people are so fickle and shallow. The character literally does nothing and has like 3 lines of dialogue. Fucking retards.
>>
>>14119085
It's people falling for hype marketing AND failing to analyze a plot beyond what they're literally told.
>>
>>14118265
I'd hate it if traitor got turned into some named guy with tacticool cyborg
He was cool because he was just a grunt.
>>
>>14119027
Shit, she's wearing stormtrooper armor, unless the First Order massively cheaped out compared to Palp's stormies there's a fucking radio built right in.
>>
>>14119093

They fell for it it in 1982 with Fett too, to be fair.
>>
>>14119085
That's not the point. She was marketed as being a big deal and did nothing. That would still be a problem if she had been a man.
>>
>>14119155
Wasnt Fett the product of the then-kids overhyping him?
Anyways, it's decades later now, people should be a bit more cynic.
>>
>>14118106
"Dead characters don't sell toys." He's popular, so he'll have survived retroactively. Like Boba Fett.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (15 KB, 300x205) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
15 KB, 300x205
>>14118131
Boba Fett was already an established character when Empire came out, really. He was probably only put in the movie because people wanted to see more of him. I don't really get the popularity though. He should have been forgotten just like the entire rest of that special.
>>
File: tmp_24179-(1)1437695091.jpg (568 KB, 1276x1376) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24179-(1)1437695091.jpg
568 KB, 1276x1376
>>14118265
Did you call?
>>
>>14119250
Boba Fett was just some random character who happened to look cool.

Lucas said he would have done more with him if he had known that he was so popular.
>>
>>14118131
Becoming popular by just standing there looking cool works a lot better when your armor isn't just the standard one with a coat of chrome paint.
Also Boba had a jetpack. That helps a lot.
>>
According to some extra (I can't think of the more correct term for this at the moment) material it either straight up said or implied that the only reason she disabled Starkiller Base's shields was because she fully believed in her troops and honestly believed they were going to stop them before any serious damage could be done.

But not only is that some shit that should have really been in the movie itself. There's other extra material released alongside the movie that CONFLICTS with the movie, and not just about her. So I don't think you can trust the TFA extra material as a whole. Like would it really have been hard to make sure everyone's on the same page come release day? It's like Jar Jar just gave some pictures and some plot points to some writers and artists and said "Here, make books we can sell" without letting them actually see the film.

Extra material can enhance a film and the whole experience of watching it. But if not having that material would make a lot of things go unexplained and make the film weaker overall then you're doing more harm than good. What'll happen in 5, 10, 20 years from now when someone tries to watch your film but that extra material is no longer available? It's like Prometheus, in order to "get" the film you had to know all this extra shit not in the movie itself but I'm sure even a century from now you can sit down and watch the original Alien and fully get it.

I'm getting off topic I guess. As for Phasma she has a cool design and from what I hear the actress plays a cool role in a show I've never seen so maybe that'll help if she ever actually does anything in sequels. But going by the movie alone she's a hyped up joke that just fell flat.
>>
>>14118131
Well it helped that in Empire while Boba wasn't the one who froze Han in carbonate he was still able to get away from the Rebels with him. Don't forget that Boba was able to talk back to Vader and not get shit for it.

I can't remember if Phasma did the same in TFA but unlike the Vader the two people she would have talked back to are not pre-established characters. You have to sell that they're "badasses" first before you can have another character be "badass" by talking back to them without even any fear of retribution for it.
>>
>>14118748
Who?
>>
>>14120353
>the only reason she disabled Starkiller Base's shields was because she fully believed in her troops and honestly believed they were going to stop them before any serious damage could be done.

>here, let me compromise the security of this entire compound out of belief in my subordinates, and not take my knowledge of the aforementioned security systems to the grave or do anything else remotely sensible

If that's the actual reason she's a bloody fool.
>>
>>14118296
>>14119122
I agree, it's rare we get a mook who stands up to the MCs and actually gives them a run.

Also I want Tr8r and Phasma to hook up.
>>
>>14118342
Fett's actor looks like a dad or a serial killer. Can't decide.
>>
>>14120710
Not like those are mutually exclusive.
>>
File: 1451751800880.jpg (306 KB, 460x2375) Image search: [Google]
1451751800880.jpg
306 KB, 460x2375
There's nothing wrong OP, nothing wrong at all.
>>
>>14120353
>It's like Jar Jar just gave some pictures and some plot points to some writers and artists and said "Here, make books we can sell" without letting them actually see the film.
That is exactly his policy, so I'd believe it. Forget not that he did the same thing to John Williams. He had to write a musical score for footage that he'd never seen. And look, or hear, how that turned out.
>>
>>14120710
That was just the actor for the Special Edition Return of the Jedi added BF scene.

The real BF actor is Jeremy Bullcoh
>>
>>14117839
But always remember that word kills
>>
>>14118507
>( How did the Jedi Council not automatically detect Palpatine automatically through the Force?)
>>
>>14117770
You know, I was hoping she be volunteering to hunt down the traitor either from orders or her own personal case.
>>
>>14123736
He's very good at hiding his power level.
>>
>>14117770
Yes
>>
She feels like a strawman against Fett fanboys.

>LOLCHARACTER DOESN'T DO ANYTHING
>LOLCHARACTER GETS SHIT ON
>LOL YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER SUCKS AND YOU'RE BAD FOR LIKING THEM

When JJ is just making women out to seem incompetent and unable to live up to the Fett hype.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.