[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 13
Are steampunk trains allowed on /m/? What does /m/ think of this show?
>>
>>14110912

I'd never heard of it.

>A monster appears during the industrial revolution and infects humans with its bite, turning them into Kabane. Kabane are aggressive and undead creatures that cannot be defeated unless its heart, which is protected by a layer of iron, is pierced. On the island Hinomoto, people have built stations to shelter themselves from these creatures. People access the station and transport wares between them with the help of Hayajiro, a locomotive running on steam. One day, as Ikoma waits for an opportunity to use his weapon, the Tsuranukizutsu, he meets Mumei as he sees the Hayajiro going out of control. The staff on the locomotive has turned into Kabane and attacks the station. Ikoma now has the opportunity he's been looking for to test out his new weapon.

Sounds like a mediocre premise that could only be saved by cool designs.

Really, anything starting from the "steampunk" corner is already suspect and has to work that much harder to be interesting to a wider audience.
>>
Literal future train wreck
>>
>>14110919

I mean, it's got googles and zombies, so it's halfway to winning hipster bingo.
>>
>>14110919
The designs are by Haruhiko Mikimoto and the show looks very 80s/90s
>>
>>14110933
What a qt. I'm all in.
>>
>>14110933
>Haruhiko Mikimoto

But this is /m/, so who is doing the mechanical designs and how important to the show are those designs?
>>
>watching Cranberry Zombies

>>14110919
You want suspect?
Here's suspect: if you were to replace Mikimoto with redjuice, it'd be nearly every fucking party involved in Guilty Crown.

Apparently we live in the world where Guilty Crown was successful though so I guess that's good to some peoples, but fucking christ this is just impending trainwreck. Survival fantasy is the worst up and coming genre.
>>
>>14110919
it actually looks pretty damn good too bad it's the same director that did guilty crown so I'm a bit worried about that.

not enough mecha stuff to be /m/ though. there's an armoured train and even that doesn't really count as /m/
>>
>>14110954
Same director as AoT so shit tier is highly likely
>>
>>14110963
maybe they'd learnt a thing or two over the years, oh who am I kidding, this will bomb hard which is a real shame, I really like the way it looks
>>
>>14110954

The armoured train would totally be /m/. The question is how much of a role does the armoured train play in the show? Is it prominent enough that it's sort of a character in and of itself? Or is it just a background thing that doesn't really matter all that much?
>>
>>14110974

>from the studio composed of the staff that brought you Guilty Crown
>directed by the director of Guilty Crown
>and written by the series composition assistant and secondary episode writer for Guilty Crown

Set sail for fail. Only question is how long before /a/ is buried under the inevitable trainwreck thread avalanche.
>>
>>14110912
I unironically liked the first episode but I'm not sure having trains is enough to have discussions on /m/, maybe in future episodes when we see more of the trains/other mechanical shit.
>>
>>14111146
Anon you might have a terrible case of the shit tastes
>>
>zombie steampuck train gun attack on titan
Urr sure why not
>>
>>14110974
>this will bomb hard
Yeah, just like how Guilty Crown and Attack on Titan both bombed globally, critically, sales-wise and among the viewers.

Wait a minute...

>>14111151
Why?
>>
>>14110974
The plus side is that it's a noitamina show so it'll probably be 11 episodes. At worst 22 so there's at least a set timeframe for him to attempt to tell a coherent story.
>>
>>14111169
>critically
Now, oddly enough I love Guilty Crown... but this is bullshit.

The plot is an absolute disaster. There's barely a theme to hold it all together. Things just keep happening without an overarching framework to hold it together. The idea it works with and the visuals of its world are amazing, and there's bits and pieces of an amazing idea in there, but christ it's a disaster in its completed form.

That it's now considered a success? I need to know what the fuck happened between then and now, other than "WIT became a thing." Fucking christ, Guilty Crown can pass off as arthouse in its presentation, but the substance of it is a total mess.
>>
>>14111187
>bits and pieces of an amazing show
bleh.
>>
>>14111187
4chan and your opinion doesn't count isn't the "critics" though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Crown#Reception
I never said Guilty Crown was incredibly successful critically, but it wasn't near "bombing".
>>
>>14111208
Well the argument of what constitutes bombing is typically bullshit here anyway what with the lengths people will go to to cast an arbitrary number in a positive ("this is average numbers in the industry") or negative ("with the names attached to this these numbers are absolutely unacceptable") light.
>>
>>14110912
>Are steampunk trains allowed on /m/?

No. Or else Legend of Korra would be /m/ because steampunk trains and steampunk robots.
>>
>>14110933
>The designs are by Haruhiko Mikimoto
So? He hasn't been good in years
>and the show looks very 80s/90s
Yeah with all that fucking 3DCG in place and digital lighting textures or are you one of those many dumbfucks from /a/ still impressed by a prolific character designer?
>>
>>14111313
Not even /a/ gives a shit.
>>
>>14111169
Guilty Crown didn't do all that well critically or globally and using AoT, a property that was already popular before its anime, is incredibly retarded especially given how much of a production disaster the anime was.

>>14111208
>ANN
>mixed critical reaction.
>panned
>panned
>panned
>BUT IT LOOKS PWETTY

Boy...you sure showed us.
>>
>>14111313
You seem very determined to hate this show for very little reason.
Did Aniplex rape your cat or something?
>>
>>14111330
How much is Aniplex USA paying you?
>>
>>14111317
The character designs is all /a/ talks about in regards to this piece of shit. Makes me wonder if people would care if they had gotten redjuice for it again because the first episode is riffled with problems already. On the plus side seemed that Araki learned some thing from Tomino while working on G-Reco.
>>
>>14111330
What's wrong with hating a shitty show praised by normies? There's nothing in this garbage that's impressive unless you want to listen to Sawano rape his Unicorn tracks over and over again or see how WIT fucks up their production again.
>>
>>14111330

He gave plenty of good reasons.
>>
>>14111338
Or Okouchi writing another trainwreck.
Or Araki being a total hack as always.

Really, anyone with a lick of taste should not be giving it their time.
>>
>>14111323
>>ANN
>>mixed critical reaction.
>>panned
>>panned
>>panned
>>BUT IT LOOKS PWETTY
>Boy...you sure showed us.
Only one of those is actually a full-on panning, but sure, let's trust your totally un-biased "opinion".

> AoT, a property that was already popular before its anime, is incredibly retarded especially given how much of a production disaster the anime was.
Yeah, I completely remember the global hit the Attack on Titan Manga was, and how the anime barely effected it's popularity because of it's complete production DISASTERS.

Go back to /a/ with your mindless regurgitation of hyperbolic opinions.
>>
>>14111341
>Okouchi
Wait, he's writing this? Why the fuck is anyone remotely hyped for it?
>>
>>14111348
Shill harder.

>>14111352
Muh trainwreck culture.

Now that is something you can blame /a/ for entirely.
>>
>>14111333
>The character designs is all /a/ talks about in regards to this piece of shit.
There's also people complaining about plot holes when only one episode is out.
>>
>>14111338
>a shitty show praised by normies

Ah, I get it. It's bad because it's popular, right?
> There's nothing in this garbage
Yet you seem to have not touched any aspect of the show except its visuals and it's "high likely
production fuck up that's bound to happen because I say so"

>>14111341
>anyone with a lick of taste should not be giving it their time.
Yeah, 4chan is renowned for its great taste, alright. Especially /m/.
>>
>>14111357
LITERALLY
GUILTY CROWN
ALL OVER AGAIN

I fucking remember when people were yelling plot hole nonstop on GC's first episode.
>>
>>14111348
>Yeah, I completely remember the global hit the Attack on Titan Manga was
The manga was selling over a million copies before the anime. It was already huge before then.

>and how the anime barely effected it's popularity because of it's complete production DISASTERS.
This applies to GSD as well retard. The anime had no effect on AoT popularity since it was already popular to begin with
>>
>>14111365
[Citation needed]
>>
>>14111361
>$0.50 has been deposited into your checking account from ANIPLEX USA
>>
>>14111361
Its not even popular to begin with

I already said the writing was shit. Sorry I'm not easily impressed like your ass and MAL are.
>>
>>14111313
Haruhiko Mikimoto isn't prolific. Why would you post such a strange lie? And his designs are obviously 80s/90s style, 3DCG and digital lighting textures don't change that.
>>
>>14111379
>Haruhiko Mikimoto isn't prolific.
Only /a/ would be this stupid
>>
>>14111379
>Haruhiko Mikimoto isn't prolific.
http://myanimelist.net/people/1968/Haruhiko_Mikimoto
>>
>>14111380
Please, that comment is 3 times stupider as what /a/ is good for.

It's an /m/ comment, no doubt about it.
>>
>>14111383
That isn't prolific.
>>
>>14111379
>character designer of Macross, Gundam 0080 and many others
>not prolific

Get out.

>And his designs are obviously 80s/90s style
What the hell does this mean? His designs aren't secluded to a specific era since he's still doing work even now, you just recognize his work from back then.

>>14111389
>present in large numbers or quantities; plentiful.

Yep that's prolific alright
>>
>>14111384
You're selling /m/ way too short especially given the amount of oldfags here.
>>
>>14111396
There once was a time when saying that would have meant something.

Now is long past that time.
>>
>>14111396
>implying people here know the shit they talk about
He is not selling us short, not by a long shot.
>>
>>14111368
Not him but could we break down what was bad about the episode rather than the production team? So far this thread has talked about Guilty Crown and the production team. Let's discuss the episode, which is out for everyone to view.

I understand it isn't /m/ but it's better discussion than "hurr Aniplex shill" and "durr just hate it because it's popular".
>>
>>14111394
He did most of his work in the 80s and 90s, so his style is 80s/90s. Similar styles are very rarely seen today, so it's accurate to refer to his recent work as 80s/90s style.

And your use of prolific is simply wrong, he isn't prolific.
I think you're trying too hard to take the position that the show doesn't look special when it very obviously does. Probably just shifting your dislike of Guilty Crown staff to the character designs when there is no need to.
>>
>>14111414
>He did most of his work in the 80s and 90s, so his style is 80s/90s. Similar styles are very rarely seen today, so it's accurate to refer to his recent work as 80s/90s style.
That makes no fucking sense. Sugino is still doing character designs today yet nobody says his designs are 60's or 70's same shit with Yas.

>And your use of prolific is simply wrong, he isn't prolific.
Wrong again dumbfuck

>I think you're trying too hard to take the position that the show doesn't look special when it very obviously does. Probably just shifting your dislike of Guilty Crown staff to the character designs when there is no need to.

You can stop shilling anytime /a/
>>
>>14111414
>A show done in a style by a popular anime character designer looks special

Okay
>>
>>14111414
Just because you didn't know Mikimoto was still alive doesn't mean his designs are 80's or 90's nor does it mean that he isn't prolific.
>>
I watched the first episode out of curiosity. Could be interesting.

I don't know if it was just a shitty plot contrivance, or if that stationhand was under some sort of compulsion to lower the drawbridge for the second train early, but that really bothered me. Especially since they bothered to go through the trouble of showing the first train waiting opposite the moat earlier in the episode.

I did find myself rolling my eyes at that. The animation looks fine, don't really care too much about muh shading.
>>
>>14111435
First one came a day early because it rammed through that station they showed at the beginning, so they didn't stop to pick anyone/anything up.
>>
>>14111435
I think the main reason why the first train had to wait was because it was early. With the 2nd train, it arrived as scheduled so they let their guard down or at least that's how I saw it.
>>
>>14111406
>Let's discuss the episode
What was the purple goo?
Was the purple goo different from the gray goo?
Was the purple goo always indented to use as a weapon or was it zombie cum?
Why didn't the guards check the loli despite the fact that the area being highly susceptible for spreading?
So they're secluded in an area to ward of the Kabaneri yet they leave all the rails open so that anyone can go inside.
How do zombies know that the railways were clear to make a perfectly fit parking motion?
Why did Banagher cut half of his arm to get a few zombies to follow him? If a few zombies were able to follow his scent with a splatter why couldn't he just drop a single cell?
Why did Banagher try to hang himself to stop the spreading? Is he secretly into Erotic asphyxiation?
Why would Banagher assume that the spreading only effects the lungs? If the zombfication is a mental transformation how would hanging yourself be a cure?
Is Banagher an expert at nothing?
Why is nobody using guns despite the era involved has access to gunpowder?
Why would a loli have a blade on her sandle?
How did the loli knew the exact persion to stop the zombie despite it overwhelming the toughest solider?
What's Kabaneri?
>>
>>14111427
>>14111430
>>14111434
The anime objectively looks special, and is objectively 80s/90s style, because it looks completely different from the vast majority of modern anime. You honestly can't argue against this fact. Again, I just have to assume people are getting agitated by the connection to Guilty Crown and Attack on Titan, causing them to make strange leaps and illogical statements on unrelated aspects of the show when there is really no need to.
>>
>>14111394
That's not a very long list. It's padded out a lot by Macross side material too.
>>
>>14111495
You mean the thick-outline WIT look?

aka the crux of why people jump to calling it an AoT clone?
>>
>>14111177
I bet for a split cour, they learned from the Shingeki no Kyojin's production fuck up and since then they always did 1cour anime or split cour for the Fujo Vampire anime.
They had to do the Empire of Corpse movie and the 3 Magus Bride OVA during Kabaneri's production, without forgetting SnK S2 should also come this year.

And if it's a split cour, the second cour will be the one where everything goes wrong, story wise.
>>
>>14111496
>That's not a very long list.
You're grasping for straws now
>>
>>14111501
It doesn't have thick outlines like AoT. People call it an AoT clone because it has almost the exact same concepts and it's dark and gritty, not because of the character designs and the shading
>>
>>14111495
>$1.00 has been deposited into your checking account from ANIPLEX USA
>>
>>14111495
>The anime objectively looks special, and is objectively 80s/90s style, because it looks completely different from the vast majority of modern anime.
Where does /a/ even come off spouting stupid shit like this?
>>
>>14111517
That was my first post ITT. He's noteworthy but not prolific.
>>
>>14111534
Not even trying to shill the show in general, I just defend the artstyle because I like it. The show in general is just standard zombie stuff.
>>
>>14111537
>where does /m/ even come off spouting stupid shit like this?

fix'd
>>
>>14111539
Wrong on both accounts dumbass
>>
>>14111543
>I just defend the artstyle because I like it
You are a sad little man
>>
>>14111475
>goo
Wait a fucking episode. Would you rather see the world or would you rather have characters say "oh look it's purple goo that does X, that's almost as bad as grey goo that does Y!"
>Why didn't the guards check the loli
Nobility shit. Japs answer to nobility no matter what.
>So they're secluded in an area to ward of the Kabaneri yet they leave all the rails open so that anyone can go inside.
How do zombies know that the railways were clear to make a perfectly fit parking motion?
I don't quite understand the question here.
>Why did Banagher cut half of his arm to get a few zombies to follow him? If a few zombies were able to follow his scent with a splatter why couldn't he just drop a single cell?
Dramatic effect, it was really stupid. He looked like he might've bled out before he had a chance to kill the zombie. Agreed.
>Why did Banagher try to hang himself
If it doesn't get explained in the next two episodes I'll agree. I really, really hope he wasn't trying to cut off the blood from his head because that's even more retarded. Not agreeing at the moment but if that's the real reason I agree, fucking dumb, but I really doubt he thought it was lung-based.
>Why is nobody using guns despite the era involved has access to gunpowder?
Memepunk, I don't gotta explain shit.
>the rest
Will be explained in time.

Come on, the show shouldn't have to explain every bit of the setting in the first episode. I'm not defending it but those aren't valid criticisms YET.
>>
>>14111449
>>14111451
I suppose that makes sense, but even if a train was scheduled, it seems like it should be a standard precaution given what the results could be. Oh well.
>>14111475
>affect lungs
I'm pretty certain he said the brain. I don't know how he knew, but I'd assume cause he's had to science the hell out this stuff haha xD! Anyways, given that conceit, choking himself would e cut off blood flow to the brain and thus allowed him to protect himself from infection. My guess would be that the virus (also an assumption) typically requires a very short latent period, before going into latency.

That part didn't bother me, although it probably should because eventually we're gonna have some silly unleash the monster within moment that comes out of left field, right? I actually don't mind that let out the beast shit, but when it just happens because the staff forgot to drop a few hints every know and then it really grinds my gears desu
>>
File: 1459483969199.jpg (35 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1459483969199.jpg
35 KB, 554x439
>>14111562
I feel sad for any man who won't defend his favourite artstyles to the death
>>
>>14111581
I bet you shit on Hirai.
>>
>>14111587
Hisashi Hirai is a man of many talents.
>>
>>14111600
But very few faces.
>>
>>14110912
It's alright so far. I'm reserving judgement for a few more episodes.
>>
>>14111581

I don't get that upset over something in a fictional work, and neither should anyone.
>>
>>14111573
Yeah, but on the other hand, if you want a train to wait then there's a much higher risk of attack. Should have been a way to engineer the tracks or something (plant explosives maybe?) so that a ten-million ton train doesn't fly through the air and smash open the entire wall though. That shit was pretty awful. I thought the place was full of engineers.
>>
>>14111313
>So? He hasn't been good in years

Nah fuck you.
>>
>>14111220

The robots in Korea are /m/ though anon, because they have mechanical parts even if they're steampunk in nature. The show isn't, but the bots are.
>>
>>14111628

His modern style is quite bad, and that's not even taking into account how much better he used to be.
>>
>>14111631

Of course they're /m/, they're robots.
>>
>>14111637
Why do you insist on pushing your lies?
>>
>>14111660

Are you that one faggot from the Getter thread who got pissy because someone had a different opinion from him? Because if so, you can fuck right off.
>>
>>14111573
>it seems like it should be a standard precaution given what the results could be
It might have actually been but it could be the guards got too complacent over a long period of nothing bad happening.
>>
>>14111666
You seem to be the only one here pissed that people have different opinions to yours.

To the point that you're projecting someone else onto me.
>>
>>14110921
Literally already happened.
>>
>>14110946
>so who is doing the mechanical designs
Ippei Gyoubu, the guy from G-Reco and Tekketsu.
>>
>>14111701
of Gusion fame ;^)
>>
>>14111475
>How do zombies know that the railways were clear to make a perfectly fit parking motion?
Do you mean the first or the second train? The first train (which the blade sandals girl arrived in) was zombie-free. As for the second train, it continued at its cruising speed all the way until it crashed into the gate, and didn't seem like it was getting ready to park. You're only shown the zombies mindlessly continuing to run the train. If they didn't raise the drawbridge, the train would just continue running until it derails or crashes into something else.
>>14111572
>I really, really hope he wasn't trying to cut off the blood from his head because that's even more retarded.
My guess is that he has some idea of how the body works, and also some hypothesis on how the virus turns people into zombies. In the heat of the moment he only remembered "must stop virus from reaching brain" and disregarded the fact that if you stop blood from reaching the brain, you'd just pass out and probably end up with brain damage or die. Still dumb though, but I guess cutting his arm off would put him out of action for too long for the story. Unless they have prosthetic limb tech of course.
>>14111573
He probably just works on a lot of assumptions. He's seen Kabane before, but has never handled a dead one for autopsy, like what you'd do in XCOM. He could only gather organs from the trains that come in every so often.
>>
>>14111750
Humans don't just disregard that. It's hard-wired into us even in times of intense stress. I can only say that if he actually thought that yoking himself out was going to help then he's retarded. Blood would have to get to the brain eventually. Unless like the other anon said it's very short-acting, but that brings up way too many problems with biology. Why would it work on such a ridiculously short timer? How could he possibly have known or gotten that lucky? How does the human skin return to normal when it appears to change so significantly on a cellular level?

In any case I'm pretty sure it has to do with the stone. They made it look very obvious, I don't see what else it could be.
>>
>>14111761
Yeah, I agree that it's dumb either way. The virus probably will work as the plot demands as well, so we might see someone turn really fast or as slowly as they need it to be. That dude who got bit on the first train seems to take forever to turn while Banaghe--err, Ikoma, had the virus spread really fast.

>the stone
It could be just something he got when he was a kid, though we all know how it is with seemingly innocent shiny rocks or family heirlooms.
>>
>>14110974
My guess is that Tomino slapped a bit of sense into him.
>>
>>14111806
G-Rectal please, working on a single episode of Reconguista isn't going to change the nature of a man.
>>
>>14110954
it's mechanical therefore it is mecha, so it is /m/
>>
>>14111694

Don't try to skirt around the question faggot.
>>
>>14110954
>there's an armoured train and even that doesn't really count as /m/
But the train episode was the best part of Mellowlink and the best level in Lost Planet 2.
>>
File: 12656422888.jpg (51 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
12656422888.jpg
51 KB, 400x399
>>14111475
>>14111475
>What was the purple goo?
>Was the purple goo different from the gray goo?

Both questions have no place being answered in the first episode, especially when it's action-packed and already exposition heavy.
>Why didn't the guards check the loli despite the fact that the area being highly susceptible for spreading?
Explained in the episode itself, she's with the nobles so she can skip that shit, the soldiers follow the nobles' orders.
>So they're secluded in an area to ward of the Kabaneri yet they leave all the rails open so that anyone can go inside.
The rails' "gates" have guards that can open or close the gates when they see one train arrive.
>How do zombies know that the railways were clear to make a perfectly fit parking motion?
Didn't even pay attention to the episode, did you?First train has no zombies, second train slammed full speed.
>Why did Banagher cut half of his arm to get a few zombies to follow him? If a few zombies were able to follow his scent with a splatter why couldn't he just drop a single cell?
Overdramatic japanese shit, lots of shows do that.
>Why did Banagher try to hang himself to stop the spreading? Is he secretly into Erotic asphyxiation?
He probably has some theories on how the infection works and tried everything since the alternative was standing still and turning into a zombie.
>Is Banagher an expert at nothing?
They say it in the episode itself, he's a "lowly steam mechanic", so an engineer.
>Why is nobody using guns despite the era involved has access to gunpowder?
How long did it took to get a good rifle since we discovered black powder?
>Why would a loli have a blade on her sandle?
Because it's a fucking anime, why would a Gundam work better than a plane with a beam rifle?
>What's Kabaneri?
Translation is walking corpse, they'll have to explain it down the road.

As a Frodo you're pretty weak.
>>
>>14116336
>Both questions have no place being answered in the first episode,
Don't even have to read the rest of your bullshit
>>
>>14116379
>t. IBOfag and A/Z fan

Not that this needs any more answering because it was already all said >>14111572.
>>
>>14116336
>NO U
This is essentially what you're saying
>MUH NOBILITY
Is not a right answer
>>14116336
>The rails' "gates" have guards that can open or close the gates when they see one train arrive.
Is not an answer
>>14116336
>First train has no zombies, second train slammed full speed.
Wrong on both accounts dumbfuck
>>14116336
>He probably
So you don't know
>MUH DRAMA
Also not an answer
>I-i-i-i-its an anime
Not an answer
>>
>>14116405
>Its an anime
>Not an answer
Yes it is, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>14116405
>quoting the same post four times

>>NO U
>EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME!!!! AHH SOMEBODY HELP THINGS ARE HAPPENING ON SCREEN THAT THEY DIDN'T PREPARE ME FOR!! WHERE IS THE FORESHADOWING!!!

>>MUH NOBILITY
Why isn't this an answer? If the noble says she's safe then they can trust him. The soldiers do not serve public safety, they serve the nobles.

>>"gates"
It's a drawbridge dumbshit. They lower it when they see a train that they're expecting in the distance. It's usually closed. The zombies don't camp base and wait for the bridge to go down, so there's no real chance for one to get across. They have to jump onto the train to do so, which is protected inside and out by guards.

>Wrong on both accounts dumbfuck
No, he's right. If you want to explain how he's not then go ahead.

>So you don't know
Maybe the anime will explain it later. Because an anime has more than one episode. Because sometimes entertainment has mysteries or cliffhangers. If the anime never explains it then feel free to complain then.

>>MUH DRAMA
Was never said, retard. I don't even know what this is supposed to be a reply to because you can't even comprehend and dissect arguments.

>Not an answer
>why does it have a lion on its chest
>why do we have giant walking bipedal machines to do war
>why do they use oversized melee weapons
>WHY ISN'T IT EXPLAINING THIS TO ME IN THE FIRST EPISODE!!?!

tl;dr you're retarded and you should feel retarded for spewing your liquid shit at us in post form
>>
Post more trains.
>>
MC is baller as hell in the first episode. Excited to see where it goes.
>>
>>14111475
>Tries to make ep look retarded
>confirms self for retard
>>
>>14116379
You're the worst kind of faggot
>>
File: choooo.jpg (163 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
choooo.jpg
163 KB, 1280x720
>>14116502
>>
File: hime.jpg (23 KB, 222x306) Image search: [Google]
hime.jpg
23 KB, 222x306
>>14111475
Bangher wants to win over the Hime.
Too bad this show is overrun with Zabis.
>>
junk
>>
>>14111475
Why is the MC look like Banagher Links with glasses?
>>
Glad to know neo/m/ is full of retards who will gladly eat this shit up.
>>
File: git out.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
git out.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>14117321
>neo/m/

Don't even have an interest in this shit and I find this post to be autistic as all hell.
>>
>>14117327
You say that about everything.
>>
>>14110912
I watched the first ep. Seemed okay but I laughed when MC choked the virus out so it doesnt reach his brain. Though I only watched it because it was a highly anticipated work. Zombies bore me, steampunk is lame and it just looks like Attack on Titan from the PVs.

Also the key to defeating zombies is autoerotic asphyxiation and steampowered pile drivers, bravo.
>>
File: 38.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: CgBCKr6VIAA0iMU.jpg large.jpg (122 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
CgBCKr6VIAA0iMU.jpg large.jpg
122 KB, 750x1334
Episode 2 postponed till next week due to Kumamoto earthquake
>>
>>14117965
Interesting. Was it because of the studio's location? Are other shows affected?
>>
>>14117965
PLEASE ENJOY 24 HOURS OF A NICE BOAT FLOATING IN A LAKE.
>>
>>14117971
No. News programs and reports all over the place.
It's a magnitude 6.4 (early report 7) hit.
>>
>>14117982
Nice Boat will never not make me smile.
>>
>>14116486
>Its okay for people to act dumb because nobility
This is how stupid you sound

>It's a drawbridge dumbshit
Not only is your explanation retarded but you still can't get this right

>he's
Nice try retard and no you're still wrong

>Maybe
And there goes your argument

>Was never said, retard

But you do. That's what it amounts to.

>still no answer

Okay.
>>
>>14116486
>>14116860
>Didn't actually answer any of his points
>calls others retards
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 360x640
>>
>>14119699
Alright fag when you want to stop shitposting and engage in real discussion I'm all ears.

>>14119702
>can't tell anonymous posters apart

I'm not Frodoposter by the way. Your reply was just to stupid to ignore.
>>
>>14110950
>this is just impending trainwreck
>the first episodes involves a train crashing into the station
Like pottery.
>>
>>14120061
>gets fucking assblasted
>"I-I-I-I wasn't the one you you booty bothering!"
>>
>>14120135
but why shitpost?
>>
I think they jumped the shark by having the zombies invade in episode 1. They should have spent an episode or two doing more world building.
>>
>>14111363
I think people will call anything a plot hole for the flimsiest of reasons, but it's especially foolish to do so when you're watching anything within the zombie genre, when the concept itself requires you to accept a ton of stuff is possible (in reality, it would be almost impossible for a zombie infestation to erupt, let alone last, with sufficiently competent people).
>>
>>14120155
I think either option is fine. It's like saying HOTD shouldn't have had the zombies at the school right away.
>>
This is really just a popcorn distraction of the season, but at least the main character already seems like a decent step up and that helps the show in general. Okouchi also seems to have improved on Eren too, since he's not just consumed by revenge. The female lead is not as boring in personality as Ironi or, to a lesser extent, Mikasa. Which already makes this a better start than Guilty Crown ever had.
>>
>>14120235
*Inori
>>
>>14120211
There's also the pedigree of the show, which, AS WITH GUILTY CROWN BEFORE IT, is just screaming for the "I watch it ironically" audience.
>>
>>14120211
>I didn't understand it, so PLOT HOLE
>It wasn't explained in the first 18 minutes, so PLOT HOLE
I have no clue what went on with Guilty Crown, but we have plenty of these assholes on /m/ too whenever a show comes along that doesn't shove exposition down your throat for half of every episode.
>as you know,
>>
>>14120604
All I know is that Guilty Crown was either outright insufferable or surprisingly boring to watch, while this, much like Attack on Titan, is just mainstream fodder that's easy to digest in my experience.
>>
Am I the only one who sees similarities between the main character and Mellowlink, with the cloak and the pile bunker gun.
>>
>>14120637
I guess they should have stuck to Aldnoah Zero
>>
>>14121825
It's not a pile bunker gun. It's some sort of steam-powered pressure cannon. It has range.
>>
>>14121825
>>14121841
The current gun isn't a pile bunker, but we just know that someone's going to come up with a melee version of it at some point.
>>
>>14121725
AoT had a greater incidence of insufferable bullshit to it, IMO.

It's funny that the creator cites Muv Luv as an inspiration, because Eren does the same incredibly annoying routine Takeru does with the I MUST GET STRONGER -> I AM STRONGER, I WILL DEFEAT THE ENEMY -> I WAS NEVER STRONG ENOUGH, I CAN'T BEAT THE ENEMY, I MUST GET STRONGER loop.

Though it is easier to ridicule Eren's nonsense and the season cliffhanger of THE WALL IS TITANS than it is to make light of Shu's adventure of bullshit and schadenfreude.
>>
So is the subs out yet? I saw Chinese subs but no English ones
>>
>>14120129
Guilty crown was pretty, enjoyable trainwreck thou.

Come on. This is japanese take on new Mad Max. Post apo doesn't need to make sense, it only needs to look grim and pretty. Add decent action and music and you have a success. Like, well, Mad Max.

Also, nuclear steamtrains. Loli action girl. Second coming of Alita confirmed.
>>14120155
Nah. This gives them excuse for action shots early, killing people for drama amd fucking survivors sideways. Third episode will be exposition heavy, five or sixt will again be full of asskicking. The usual.
>>14120235
Shoe, I...
Also, agreed. But good popcorn flick is a nice thing to have.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-16-08-58-54.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-16-08-58-54.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>14121841
>>14122175
Okay, where are spare spikes to replace those that have been shot into rave zombies? I think it was rivet gun, irl it usually runs of pressurised air, with added combustion chamber for black powder from suicide packs that is working like pile bunker. Ikoma haven't been shown reloading at any point too.
>>14122493
Look for anonsubs.
>>
>>14122493
you have the chinese+english sub if you really want to watch it, otherwise wait until next week, broadcast was delayed due to earthquake
>>
>>14123538
>Guilty crown was pretty, enjoyable trainwreck thou.
It wasn't. It was shit. I'm sick of this LEL EPIC TRAINWRECK meme cause you can apply the same bullshit to VVV and A/Z
>>
>>14123574
Well, I've liked both for exactly same reason. Mindless entertaiment. And music was nice.
Mind you, Majestic Prince was a better show tham VVv could ever be. I just like bad movies and shows.
>>
>>14123584
>majestic wowitsnothing
>better than anything
>>
>>14123544
>Ikoma haven't been shown reloading at any point too.
That's because we've never seen him fire more than one shot at a time.
>>
>>14120215
Yeah but zombies in a high school is a settings everyone can relate to. As everyone watching it is either in high school, has graduated high school, is about to enter high school, or knows someone who meets one of the above.

This is a unique world, and we know next to nothing about it other then that there's zombies and trains. Why should we care about anything being shown? People are being chomped. Who are they? It's just meat biting meat to me at this point. Why do I care that that lady was bit in front of her daughter? Who's she?

There's no reason to be invested in anything on screen.
>>
>>14123584
That is not very hard. VVV was shit. Honestly the only interesting thing such as the aliens and the glimpses in to the far future got watered down.
>>
KIF in a nutshell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB__QR70UoM
>>
>>14124125
Wow you're retarded.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.