[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylT aTZU1fqQ Did this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: sd-gundam-evolution-beta.jpg (152 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
sd-gundam-evolution-beta.jpg
152 KB, 700x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTaTZU1fqQ

Did this game recently go through some big changes? It looks a lot better and closer to SDGO now then the last time I saw it with 10 trillion fucking cool downs and shitty online Musou gameplay
>>
>>14101922
They added PVP earlier this year. It still sucks. Few maps, not enough units and S Ranks are locked behind a paywall.
>>
>>14101937
>It still sucks
That's a shame...Hopefully it continues to keep picking up the pieces in the future cause it looks pretty good and apparently there's Weapon customization so I figure it'd put an end to all that annoying unit rehashing SDGO had where you had like the Heavy Arms then the Heavy Arms but with Homing missiles.
>>
Given how the freedom isn't boosting around in one direction all day erryday in one vid I saw along with how getting hit by melee isn't a near death wish it seems more balanced than SDGO too
>>
>>14101937
so S-Rank = Shekels rank?
Dunno, i somehow wished SDGN still active..sigh
>>
>>14102064
>SDGN
But the game is still active
>>
Hopefully it gets a localization. The Korean account thing has gotten pretty retarded
>>
>>14101922
was it really a smart idea to kill off SDGO in favor of this? they lost a lot of players because of it.
>>
>>14103087
no, bandai is being dumb like usual what's new
>>
>>14103087
SDGO was running out of hype content to releaseAlready tore through Wing,SEED,00,even had obscure yet fawned after stuff like Sentinal , was collapsed as fuck under powercreep and had quite a few system implementations that needed polishing like the skills,Aerial movement and the suit customization. It was smart as fuck to kill it off.

The way SDNext has been handled isn't to the same level of smartness though if even smart at all.
>>
>>14103134
what, SDGO still had plenty of shit to go through like some MSVs or not even having added shit like Mercurius. there wasn't any need to polish shit when people have kept playing it for 8 years.
>>
>>14103140
None of the MSVs would've made as big of a wave as things like Exia unless they were over powered eyesores like Raus Dinn or Hamans Gaza and no need to polish shit? You high as fuck gringo. The space maps in particular were never used because of how unfair they were and how little people enjoyed playing them with how bad the air combat controlled.
>>
>>14103583
a lot of people used things like Delta and Zeta A3 though, MSVs have been popular before. yes space maps weren't very fun to play but there isn't really much that you need to polish aside from that. the skills have had some minor reworks before and there's nothing about suit customization that needs work on, if anything custom parts were better than OC.
>>
>>14103583
The only people who hated space maps were bad Rock players
>>
>>14102612
i mean SDGO...shit. i've been little drunk lately
>>
File: 1457134955655.png (328 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1457134955655.png
328 KB, 431x450
>>14103796
>>
>>14103801
The BR will deliver good joke right?
>>
>>14103679
The only people who liked space maps were bad beam spammers who couldn't handle cover
>>
File: 1436628249232.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436628249232.png
3 MB, 1280x720
We never did get deep striker, did we?
>>
>>14107945
We did.
>>
>>14107945
We totally got Deep Striker man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW20gCMEdXw
>>
>>14107945
I didn't get deep striker because it was an SR

I never got a single SR, someone shoot me please
>>
>>14110386
I got like 4 or so. I hated rolling those ICM they made. Too many shitty items and units in them.
>>
>>14110396
that's why you use the CCM.

also fuck you asshole, I rolled for Hi-Nu like a million times and I got jack shit.
>>
>>14110415
I got Hi-Nu from the Christmas event. You didn't even have to do anything for that dude. 10 free coupons for a picture and a short story. I used the CCM with my last 400,000 points before the game shut down and didn't get a single SR from it. I got tons of A/B/BR and CR but no SR. All I wanted was F91 Twin VSBR. I would have been so mad if the game ended up not shutting down. I spent all those points and had less than a thousand left.
>>
>>14110073
>Vaccine
>Sitting at the very back of the map
How scummy, these are the kind of people who wanted Deep Striker?
>>
>>14110432
what there was an event for Hi-Nu? never heard of it before when was it?
>>
>>14110460
Christmas I think 14. On the forums there was a coupon event with tons of coupons available. It had two parts.
1. Write a short story about how Christmas is spent in one of the Gundam universes and get 5 coupons of your choice from the list.
2. Take a picture of a Christmas tree with your username in the photo for 5 coupons of your choice from the list.

It was easy. I wrote like 2 or 3 sentences for my "story". Some people went all out and still got the same prizes as everyone else.
>>
>>14110386
I think I ended up with SR Sazabi, SR X-2, Hi-Nu, SR Sinanju, SR Cherudim, SR F91, and SR Qant
>>
>>14110465
fuck that, I didn't play around that time and I missed out on that shit fuck man.
>>
SGNE is in it's infancy. No Mobile Armors. Limited suit selection. Pay wall. Not english.

We'll never get crazy SDGO celebrity players again like BIGBUILDING, Local Hobo, Lychee, etc.
>>
>>14101922

You guys let me down. UCGO got a private server, but you guys couldn't make SDGO private server happen? WTF.

If it does exist, invite me pls.
>>
>>14110396
>>14110415
Only the later ICMs sucked. The first 5 or so that only had 1 S/SR in them had amazing drop rates.

It also helped that I hoarded every single free CM coin from various events and the rewards glitch way back when. God bless that rewards glitch.
>>
>Never got Double X G-Falcon
>Never got CB Flag
Guess I should be happy about the game closing, suffering knowing I'd never get them was becoming too much.
>>
As someone who plays SDGN a mild amount during the week to get the event stuff theyre giving out, I can say this:

Theyre adding about 2~3 new capsules per month, the game started with 3 after the pvp update and now we have 7

The game just got a new Loadout system, you can equip suits with other of their in universe weapons so as to avoid having a fuckton of variations of the same suit just for one or two weapon changes.

There are three types of currency ingame - Coins, which are like points were in SDGO, TS, which would be the rough equivalent of CM Coins, and Cash, which is self explanatory. You have a shop for all three of these currencies, and the capsules (here called Lucky Machines) can be rolled with either Coins, TS or lucky vouchers (we dont have a way to get those yet, possibly event or cash later).

The machines and the way to obtain suits are somewhat different from SDGO but I feel like it was an improvement: if you use TS (costs 50 TS a roll) you get a new machine with each roll.

Rolling with coins gives you a suit card, you need 5 of these (or 4 and a wildcard) to build your suit. The thing is, rolling with coins is VERY cheap. At 300 coins a roll (you get around 100~200 per match) this ensures you dont overspend and gradually get there kinda like coupons.
>>
cont.

So rolling with TS is good to try and get a new suit right away, but rolling with coins ensures that rates are better than those in SDGO. Whenever I tried to roll an A rank during the last few weeks I never spent more than 30k on any given machines. The machines B ranks can be gotten with as few as 6k spent.

Also, one thing this game did very right is the fact you can Bulk Roll, in amounts of 5 and 10 rolls respectively. This makes rolling for stuff a lot less of a hassle. Cards can also be sold back for a significant portion of their values (C rank cards sell for 200 coins, B for 400 and A for 600). So if you bulk roll a lot you end up spending way less you'd spend in SDGO, cost wise.

Its very easy to get coins in the game as well, you get a daily login time bonus of 4k every single day, you can just let it idle and rack up the dosh, 1k per hour. Resets every day at 4am Korea Time.

Currently there isnt much reason to play anything but A and S ranks (if you got the shekels) since there is no matchmaking and no restriction system (its supposedly coming this month).

The current best units are
A Ranks - ZZ, Kyrios, Dynames, Buster
S Ranks - Anything really but DX and FA ZZ do satanic things to you.
>>
Does anyone miss Airmasters dropping missiles on your head then flying for days because redboost + MA mode?
>>
>>14111770
>he wasnt around for the flag and kyrios shitstorm

ha
>>
>>14110452
Deep Striker was too much, it didn't even have to sit back. The thing could facetank and wreck other SRs easily. Bullet zero was probably the only thing that could stop it.
>>
>>14112044
Which Flag? AS Kyrios was supreme scummy, but Airmaster before the nerfs was borderline OP
>>
>>14112084
Nah bro, get with the times.
I'm talking SDGN we had a whole nother shitstorm of that in game with how flags could pelt you from 10000 km above ground and had a billion ammo. Kyrios is just plain rude with its melt mg in MA mode.
>>
>>14112084
not him but I would assume he's talking about Graham Flag, with 2 sets of linear rifle ammo in mode 1 and 2 and booster extension + assault commander.
>>
>>14112092
Over Flag was better than Graham's Flag imo, w3 burst and finish off with the w2, also has redboost

>>14112088
Haven't been following SDGN at all

At first I hated Cima's Gelgoog because of the ugly colors, but now I regret not getting one because it looks like it was fun
>>
>>14112101
the thing is that Graham just had a longer boost pool by naturally being a rock, so you could just fly in MA mode for longer while pelting people. I'd say Overflag is better for general shootouts with your team.
>>
>>14112107
Ali's Enact was better-er.
>>
>>14112111
yes it probably is because of the unique skill that it has, aside from that and the W3 they are nearly the same unit.
>>
>>14112114
Enact had better melee and more boost because rock, and the burst fire in MA mode.
It was ridiculously good.
>>
>>14112111
>>14112125
I didn't like the burst linear rifle being in MA mode
>>
File: 20130131163530-73256.jpg (85 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
20130131163530-73256.jpg
85 KB, 400x352
>>14110484
same here i find it hard to believe that it would be that hard to set up a private server for a simple game like SDGO

then again what the hell do i know about running stuff like that
>>
>>14110484

It's better to wait because Bandai went all crazy demanding SDGO servers shut down worldwide. Wouldn't want to set a private server only for Bandai to swoop in and shut it down. Let some time pass before Bandai doesn't care anymore.

Kinda like how they don't care about UCGO at all.
>>
>>14112156
The burst in MA mode was great though since it gave the thing clip reload and because of the burst you're basically always gonna hit something on top with how it'd chip up your SP.

>>14112114
Nah,if there's one thing Alis enact wasn't better than the Flag than it was in the area of skills. Mercenaries Spirit is very damn good as it's one of those S rank skills that is fucking retarded to put on anything but that like fucking Sergeis skill. Which isn't even on an S-rank but should be. Fuck the GN-X Sergei edition but it still didn't have anything on Assault Commander.

You guys're making me miss my Ali Enact
>>
File: 1459082471573.jpg (39 KB, 386x356) Image search: [Google]
1459082471573.jpg
39 KB, 386x356
>>14113610
dunno man

its been a little over a year now.

i miss it so much.
>>
>>14113625
I still found burst in MS mode, like the Over Flag better. Unload that burst w3 into someone's back until empty, and finish them off with the w2 and not having to mode switch. Over Flag's MA weapon had good range anyways, better range than Ali's Enact or Graham's Flag
>>
>>14113071
Very when you don't even have the code
>>
>>14103134
Shutting down a whole game, only to basically restart it and re-release all the shit in it is anything but 'hype'.

Also there was tons of stuff that never made it into SDGO. Nothing from BF Try, G-Reco or (obviously) Thunderbolt or IBO ever showed up. Tons of stuff from series already in SDGO could have shown up; most of V, X, and Turn A never got a chance to shine. Hell, shit from the first fucking Gendum was still missing, like the Zock, Zakrello, Adzam, or Bigro.

Still going to be annoyed that we never got things like Epyon Custom, a MLB ver of Turn X, playable Apsalus III or Devil Gundam, Airmaster + G Falcon, Gedlav, Zanneck, or Regenerate or Red Frame Power Loader. Considering Astray not only made it into SDGO but was one of the first things to pop up, how little of the later Astrays ever made it in was depressing.
>>
>>14113071
The br went and got donations to make a server since he had a snapshot of the serverfiles acquired via br ways from the br ogp branch.

He took some cues from Inafune and instead of delivering he bought a new GPU, a copy of Xenoblade X and a SDGN account.
>>
>>14117197
The biggest issue with keeping SDGO running was that both its engine were so old and a mess of changes and modifications one on top of the other that you simply didnt have that much room to maneuver it from there. SDGN has a much newer engine with tons of new options such as loadouts, toggle-able skills and much more planned.
>>
>>14117204
*both its engine and netcode
>>
>>14117204
and the result is that no one is playing because they fucked over everyone in SDGO. should've just kept going with SDGO
>>
>>14117204
The new engine and coding sound nice, aside from the fact they panicked and redid SDGO's gameplay in it as much as possible, but the whole 'oh hey we'll take this opportunity to jew you again for all these units you've been playing for years' impression I'm getting isn't exactly making me want to play this shit.
>>
Has Turn A debuted in this yet? Or can I continue to not give a shit?
>>
You have to commit identity fraud to play this like the old KR SDGO, right?
>>
>>14119115
Yes. You need a loli's KSSN. If that loli ever happens to want that KSSN back, your account is hooped.
>>
>>14117202
typical omega
>>
>>14117197
>Turn A
>Never getting a chance to shine

SDGO pretty much did its job.

>>14117217
>no one is playing because they fucked over everyone in SDGO

I honestly doubt that. I'd say it's more because it started off on the wrong foot by looking like a musou, trying to be SDGO while not being as good as it with missing features like suit painting and , in NA or foreign countries at least, being a cash drop right in the fucking ass to sign up and actually play.
>>
>>14117197
I don't even understand the release schedule. I know we get shit on Wednesday but they don't even do stuff consistently. They jump around a ton.
>>
>>14101937
PVP blows nuts anyway, thats not a huge issue.
>>
>>14120292
>SDGO pretty much did its job.
Only to a point. MLB Turn X aside, there's a bunch of grunt suits and not-so-grunts that never got to show up. Hell, the Kapools and MLB Turn A didn't show up until super late, so late that the SR (outside of a ridiculous spender's event) and Corin's Kapool never made it to us before everything died.

That's what, seven units Turn A got? with like 4 unique models between them. V alone got more than that just in variations on 2 gendums.
>>
Well killing SDGO shot themselves in the foot.!What did Bandai expect to happen? That 100% of everyone would immediately start playing SDNE? If people invested years into SDGO, suddenly losing everything, im not gonna feel like starting over. If anything I'll stop, and quit.

Bandai is moron.
>>
>>14117223
Honestly, so far theyre giving you new A ranks for free every week, but the jew is strong with the S ranks.

>>14117360
Not yet mein brudder.

>>14120304
They set a plan for the month every first week or so then go about it rather haphazardly.

>>14120385
Bandai is a huge moron yes, but Softmax/Netmarble wasnt, which is why they gave Trinity a lot more freedom now that they want the SDGO crew back. Bandai was the one behind the "lets make a single player moba" idea. The player bleedout was not pretty but numbers show players are consistently coming back.
>>
>god gundam no longer does god finger or have afterimages

dropped
>>
>>14120438
well the afterimages seem to be gone yeah (it didnt have it on release in sdgo tho) but God Finger is its hyper mode shin spec
>>
>>14120438
He does tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr9MQrzERX8

The specials in SDGN are just varied.
>>
Is God pure melee in this, or did someone switch out the vulcans for that w2 combo?
>>
>>14123539
pure melee, no vulcans

hyper mode is also anti-flinch only when you attack
>>
>Trans Am is an actually togglable skill now that you activate by pressing a button

>>14111072
>>14111058

How's the melee handle in this game?
>>
>>14123666
I kind of like how Trans-Am was in SDGO actually. Here you toggle it for a few seconds that makes you super strong but I liked having Trans-AM being permanently on after taking some damage.

also they still didn't add in the afterimages to Trans-Am yet.
>>
Are there any playable Mobile Armors or huge MS like Psyco in this yet?
>>
>>14125014

No BIGBUILDING. Come back in 4 years.
>>
>>14127529
I miss that guy, he was hilarious.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.