[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Amuro fuck Mirai?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14
File: amuro.png (181 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
amuro.png
181 KB, 500x375
Did Amuro fuck Mirai?
>>
>>14088878
Why would he?
He doesn't seem to be interested in the females until he met Lalah.
And Lalah was more like "I want to be your friend but I don't want to leave my captain"
>>
>>14088902
>He doesn't seem to be interested in the females until he met Lalah.
>Who is Matilda?
>>
>>14088878
Probably. Everyone else did.
>>
>>14088936
Ah, yes. I forgot about her. Silly me.
>>
File: MiraiFinger.jpg (122 KB, 1038x678) Image search: [Google]
MiraiFinger.jpg
122 KB, 1038x678
>>14088878
>>
>>14088902
>He doesn't seem to be interested in the females until he met Lalah.
>has a boner for Matilda
>has the hots for Sayla
>>
being fraw bow must be suffering honestly
>be close with amuro
>join the military with him
>he gets ptsd and starts losing his shit
>try to help him, do everything possible
>he's obviously interested in this older matilda lady
>be very obviously jealous
>he doesn't give a shit
>try to talk to him one evening, show up in my short skirt military uniform and a big jacket outside his room
>he doesn't care
>leave and end up boning hayato instead
HAYATO
Fraw Bow ended up with HAYATO
like holy shit no one deserves that
>>
When faced with life and death situations humans get urge to fuck and pass their genes.
You just know everyone on White base was breeding every day between fighting off zeeks.
>>
>>14089489
She should've at least gone for Kai, he was available and emotionally vulnerable after that other girl died.
>>
>>14089503
This. Kai would've made her much happier.
>>
>>14089520
Kai doesn't want her, he's too cool for that. Besides, his heart is shut off for a while after Miharu and after that he becomes an ultimate playboy journalist travelling spy. There's no room in there for Fraw to sneak in and make him settle down.
>>
>>14089489
And the reason why she even ended with him was because of the kids. And seeing how Katz turned out, it was probably not worth it.
>>
>>14089489 Amuro says "My Dearest Fraw" at the ending of the first series so i guess he is interested in her just a little bit
>>
Even Hayato realized the mistake of ending up with Fraw and gloriously sudoku'd in the end.
>>
File: Wakemeup.jpg (39 KB, 640x540) Image search: [Google]
Wakemeup.jpg
39 KB, 640x540
>>14088878
tfw Matilda gives you no cummies
>>
>>14090880
BEFORE YOU GO-GO
>>
Did Kai bone Beltorchika during/after Unicorn, though? That's the real question.
>>
File: Emma.jpg (43 KB, 1062x800) Image search: [Google]
Emma.jpg
43 KB, 1062x800
>>14088878
>Mirai's name is literally "Future" in Japanese.
>She shares the same name as a rapper
>>
>>14091130
IF YUNG METRO DONT TRUST YOU IMMA BEAM RIFLE
>>
>>14088878
I certainly hope so. If he didn't, well, that's the real tragedy of CCA.
>>
File: 1424449050794.jpg (92 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
1424449050794.jpg
92 KB, 500x722
I did
>>
>>14090892
Nah, probably not. Their relationship is only professional.
>>
>>14089552
tfw Kai could've fixed Reccoa.
>>
>>14088878
Who hasn't?
>>
>>14089552
I still think that Kai and Sayla fucked each other at least once. They had too much unresolved sexual tension for it to end any other way.
>>
>>14089489
Don't worry, she found a fulfilling marriage post-0088. Dublin was the greatest thing that ever happened to her.
>>
File: SmugBright.png (129 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
SmugBright.png
129 KB, 500x375
>>14088878
I thought that with the exception of Sleggar, Mirai only liked freaks like her whose eyeballs were the same color as their skin.
>>
>>14088878
What do you think "fixing the tap" actually means ?
>>
File: troubled eagle.jpg (59 KB, 457x695) Image search: [Google]
troubled eagle.jpg
59 KB, 457x695
>>14089489
Your ineptitude on social interactions is why you have no real friends. You're either a borderline autist or a sociopath.

Amuro and Fraw are just friends.
Almost everybody who helped the escape from Side 7 joined the Feds.
Amuro never had PTSD.
Women are often jealous when other women get more attention from men. Especially young girls of Fraw's age.
>>
>>14091414
I thought that meant they had down syndrome
>>
File: dilandau.jpg (82 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
dilandau.jpg
82 KB, 500x386
>>14091801
>One of the biggest heroes in the entirety of UC has the Downs.

Nigga, I think you have Downs syndrome.
>>
>>14091414
wut

Mirai only had 2 love interests in the entire show. She hated her arranged fiancee.
>>
>>14091795
>amuro never had PTSD
>everyone joined the feds (except the literally hundreds of refugees on white base who didn't)
>fraw was "just friends" with amuro but was cool barging in on him in his underwear episode 1, and brought him meals and shit
the last one is true but usually that jealousy comes from wanting someone's sole attention, and its not like fraw got jealous because kai or hayato thought matilda was hot
>>
File: 1458571619657.jpg (79 KB, 510x484) Image search: [Google]
1458571619657.jpg
79 KB, 510x484
>>14091429
>just like my american por...

Holy shit!
>>
>>14091817
>posts escaflowne shit
Nah I think it's you with the Downs senpai
>>
>>14091870

Everthing is true.

If you ever had close with someone like a having a roommate or family or, you know, FRIENDS seeing someone in their underwear or bringing food over is no big deal. That is unless you have some kind of disorder where you get uncomfortable about things for no reason.

And everybody who helped the escape from Side 7 joined the Feds like I already said.

Amuro showed no lasting signs of PTSD.

> its not like fraw got jealous because kai or hayato thought matilda was hot

Who's to say that she didn't? Women often get jealous of other women who get more attention from men whether they themselves feel personal affection to them or not. Rather it's the general attention of the collective of males that makes women feel jealous or inferior.
>>
File: too edgy for mommy.jpg (65 KB, 505x467) Image search: [Google]
too edgy for mommy.jpg
65 KB, 505x467
>>14091948
>he hates Escaflowne

Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>14091999
>Amuro showed no lasting signs of PTSD
Wew
>>
>>14091999

What is Amuro in Zeta Gundam?
>>
>>14092284
What about it?

>>14092256
PTSD wasn't officially recognized as a real mental disorder until the '80s. I doubt that anime writers in the '70s who grew up in a Japan that hadn't had any armed conflicts for a whole generation had a clue what PTSD was. Amuro's ability to bounce back with no professional or medical therapy shows that he did not have PTSD in anyway.
>>
>>14092333
>PTSD is always visible and always requires medical help
>people didn't know that humans were affected by participating in man's oldest hobby until the year of our lord Jesus Christ 1900+80s
>>
>>14092369
>PTSD is always visible and always requires medical help
The National Institute of Mental Health and the American Psychiatric Association recommend professional psychotherapy and prescribe medication as needed for treatment. Why are you even arguing against this?

>people didn't know that humans were affected by participating in man's oldest hobby until the year of our lord Jesus Christ 1900+80s
Nobody researched the psychological effects of combat until the American psychiatric community investigated Vietnam veterans in the '70s -- several years after the war ended. It was through American research that it was deemed that these veterans and other psychological trauma can cause a severe mental disorder and that PTSD was a real disease that required treatment. Prior to this research, people thought that the signs of PTSD were mere anxiety or cowardice and lack of nerve in a person that was weak in character and thus up until the late-20th Century "treatment" was nothing more than telling someone to "get over it."

In the case of Amuro, he showed very little signs of PTSD and he really did just get over it. There was nothing pathologically wrong with Amuro.
>>
>>14092518
>The National Institute of Mental Health and the American Psychiatric Association recommend professional psychotherapy and prescribe medication as needed for treatment. Why are you even arguing against this?

past recommendations from such groups :
trepans, lobotomy, chemical castration, electroshock therapy, insulin therapy, amongst other happy things.

pic related, hope your skull is ready
>>
>>14092546

This isn't 1900 anymore which means you can stop with leeches.
>>
>>14092369
for a very long time PTSDs were not identified as a real problem, instead dismissed it mostly as not being man enough and those who suffer it were expected to just get over it.

While it was recognised as a mental health problem in Japan by the medical community not long after the US, many of the JSDF personnel who came home from conflict zones suffering PTSD simply didn't have the support they needed (some would argue they still don't), the families simply don't understand the problem (the same thing that happened with US vietnam vets) and the effects are not widely known in the public.

I say this because in light of Japan's increasingly gung-ho approach to their expanded military role they don't seem to have the capacity or attitude to support soldiers or aid workers who suffer from PTSD and many ended up taking their own lives (I believe the number of JSDF personnel who committed suicide have increased since their role was expanded).
>>
>>14092518
>he really did just get over it
I don't think we watched the same shows.

Either that or it's amazing how you can do research and somehow still be so ignorant.
>>
>>14092600
What signs of PTSD did you think Amuro exhibit?

Or perhaps you think showing anxiety and stress and automatically think "OMG PTSD!" because you know so little about it?

The point is Amuro showed no lasting signs, Amuro was able to function as normally and reliably as you'd expect a childrens' anime character could, and the Japanese writers probably didn't know or even acknowledge that there was a deep mental disorder associated with psychological trauma.
>>
>>14092333
>>14092518
>Nobody researched the psychological effects of combat until the American psychiatric community investigated Vietnam veterans in the '70s
>I doubt that anime writers in the '70s who grew up in a Japan that hadn't had any armed conflicts for a whole generation
PTSD might not have been well known during the time period just yet. But war fucking with people's heads was known and documented way before Vietnam and 70s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Jll9_EiyA
>filmed during World War 1

The people that created Gundam were growing up in postwar period, in japan that just got out of WW2. I severely doubt they never saw any shellshock/combat stress victims.
>>
>>14092619
have you ever met anyone with PTSD?

I work with veterans for a living, mostly those with a diagnosis of PTSD. it's not like they're walking on eggshells and screaming in their sleep all the time. But if they open up to you about the shit they've seen (and unless they know you well enough or you are also a veteran, they probably won't) you will find that a lot of it is internal. it's fear or anxiety of doing something they associate with their service. I know a couple of guys who absolutely dread flying because they remember being in a helicopter getting shot at, for a simple example. Some of it is visible to other people - shakes, being asocial or abrasive, etc - but that is (in my experience anyway) more rare than the internal trauma that people have to deal with.

now lets look at Amuro - during the OYW he goes AWOL, can't focus, and has seemingly unprovoked moments of anger, panic, fear, or just numbness. now, you could say he's unstable, sure; but that instability is one of the classic signs of PTSD. I'm working with someone right now who was actually discharged from the military BECAUSE he went AWOL, due in large part to his PTSD and some neurological damage he suffered during combat. sound like any familiar 15-16 year old protagonist from the one year war?

or lets look at Amuro afterwards. who does he open up to? in Zeta the only person he EVER talks to about his time on white base is char - a fellow veteran - and even though they were on opposite sides they seem to understand each other. now, Char doesn't have PTSD, sure, but the fact that amuro has closed himself off is something that can be a cause for concern about the lasting effects of trauma. PTSD diagnoses can be stigmatizing, but even undiagnosed people FEEL wrong inside, and they can feel greatly strained by emotional relationships.

(1/2)
>>
>>14092967

(2/2)

further, Amuro outright refuses to go back into space, which perhaps has to do with Lalah and newtype bullshit, but that could be a cover for his fear of going to space (which he has basically only known as a warzone since he left side 7), or a combination of the two. he has a great deal of emotional trouble with the concept of fighting what is obviously a just battle against the literal colony gassers. when he finally does fight, he cries afterwards.

now maybe this isn't convincing to you, or you'll say i'm projecting or whatever, but trust me - if someone who acted like Amuro in zeta came into my office I would be pretty confident that if I referred them to a psychiatrist and gave them information about PTSD, they'd come back with a diagnosis.
>>
>>14092967
>>14092972
was gundam the first televised media with a protagonist dealing with PTSD?

shit's breaking records even today
>>
>>14092967
>I work with veterans for a living, mostly those with a diagnosis of PTSD. it's not like they're walking on eggshells and screaming in their sleep all the time.
somebody should tell this to the tumblr fags who think they're ptsd-ed because some boyfriend told them to stop complaining
>>
>>14088878
Mirai raped Amuro.
>>
>>14092967
>>14092972

Have you seen the dis-associative therapy they're using to treat PTSD now? Apparently successfully. Where they use things like VR, games etc. to bring up some of the triggers for PTSD (like a gun-shot noise), but try to break the association between that noise and guns so that sufferers stop going back to that one moment causing anxiety.

There's also an assertion I've read (and seems plausible) that people suffer it more nowadays because while people used to come back from a war on a boat or march that took weeks and gave them time to talk out their experiences with other people there, settle it and "cleanse" themselves of the sin of killing and so on, that now it's just a quick plane ride and they're back home with no-one comparable to talk to and so they internalize a lot of it and never talk about it or get past it.
>>
>>14093142
not him but people have different levels of mental fortitude, it's why some soldiers/aid workers can recover from PTSD easier than others or in some rare cases don't suffer it at all, one can always say that they suffer a legitimate case of PTSD after coming out of a really bad, but non abusive relationship but that just means they have a very weak mental fortitude (like a wet toilet paper weak), at which point you have to question how a person with that level of mental fortitude can even survive that long, and to me I find it very insulting when people use the term PTSD very loosely because it cheapens the seriousness and severity of the condition.

although by now I think we can safely rule out the tumblr brand of PTSD tend to be nothing more than a self esteem issue rather than genuine stress
>>
>>14093171
I've heard of it, i'm not on the therapy side of things so i can't exactly comment on what is or isn't successful. I know that it's worked for some people, but I can't think of anyone that I personally know who's done that.

I think as to that latter assertion, maybe it's true maybe not. I think that reading literature from before the jet age you still find examples of individuals who show some symptoms of PTSD; i think (and i remember reading an article about this years back when i was in undergrad, maybe it isn't accepted anymore) a more plausible explanation is that because people were less removed from trauma in their everyday lives, and because warfare was much more close and personal - both in the way it was fought, and in the stakes - the effects were lessened, and what we'd call support networks in our modern parlance were stronger since many able bodied men had fought in some form of warfare (this is more true of the ancient world than, say, feudal europe).

i'm actually very convinced by the closeness argument, as many of the most upsetting cases of PTSD are those where people never feel at any risk at all - drone pilots. it's a strange mismash of closeness (watching a person or group of people for days at a time, learning their habits, where they go, who they meet with) and then abstraction (push a button and after the delay of the signal and the travel time of the missle, they're dead). on the other hand, i've read studies that say pilots who are actually in planes over combat zones tend to have very low rates of PTSD so there's probably a lot more.

also i like how this thread started about Amuro fucking Mirai and ended up being about PTSD
>>
>>14089068
>Implying you wouldn't an Artesia
>>
>>14091348
The Origin post-war story with them gave me the impression that they kept a quiet relationship with each other, with Sayla taking care of Miharu's kids and Kai being the only person who really gets to be around her.
>>
>>14093142
>>14093224
yeah as to this it's a very common misconception that the "trauma" has to be like, seeing someone die or getting wounded or just experiencing combat generally. many instances of PTSD occur in people who see 0 actual combat (like the drone operators referenced >>14093234), people who see training accidents or who just have an extremely difficult adjustment to military life. outside of the military, people often don't believe PTSD can exist unless you get assaulted (sexually or otherwise) or something similar happens, but the "trauma" part of PTSD doesn't have to be something so extreme as that. indeed, many of the people you'd expect to be severely scarred by PTSD (combat veterans, child abuse survivors, etc) suffer lower long-term negative outcomes associated with PTSD, partly because they are the types of cases that receive the most mainstream support but also because they are easier to process than, say, having a panic attack on the highway 3 years after you get home from Iraq because you saw a cardboard box on the side of the road.

Also, it's not so much about being "weak" or having a low mental fortitude, it's a complex interaction between social conditioning, brain chemistry, past experiences, and other factors that are often outside of a person's control.

that said, I think many of the self diagnosed tumblr people are probably wrong about having PTSD, but i wouldn't be surprised if they had similar mental disorders in some form that they could get help for. Depression can be symptomatically similar to PTSD in some cases, and that is one that can be set off by emotional stress or by nothing at all.
>>
File: 1446325166568.jpg (90 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446325166568.jpg
90 KB, 1920x1080
>>14093246
I would a loli Artesia.
>>
>>14093234
two major differences between combat pilots and drone pilots is drone pilots often see the direct result of their actions, drone pilots would see the aftermath of a strike pretty much immediately, less so with combat pilots so in a way drone pilots are closer to the war than combat pilots
>>
>>14092333
>I doubt that anime writers in the '70s
Thanks God Zeta is from the '80s.
>>
>>14092619
>What signs of PTSD did you think Amuro exhibit?
He stopped being a Newtype.
>>
And what about Chirico? Does he have PTSD?
>>
>>14093362
i haven't watched VOTOMS yet :^(
>>
>>14093391
The door is that way.
>>
>>14088936

Amuro likes older women.
>>
>>14089489

She's either a trap or has a poisonous vagina. At least Mirai gave Bright kids.
>>
>>14091335

Kai can instinctively sense crazy bitches.
>>
>>14092568

It's not 2015 anymore, you don't need therapy for being mansplained to.
>>
>>14093394
>not being helpful and setting up a livestream to help this poor lost soul
Senpai onegai
>>
>>14092953

Knowing that war can have negative effects on a person not the same as understanding it as a disease than needs treatment. Remember that pschiatric treatment for what was known as Shellshock back them was not norm.
>>
>>14092967
>>14092972

Amuro going AWOL should not be a sign of PTSD. If you've worked with veterans than you should know that there are plenty of people who have come to hate being in the service and some of them (usually young first-term enlistees like Amuro) go AWOL because they just don't care anymore and feel like running away is a good, if temporary, non-solution to their problems.

In Zeta, Amuro showed no signs of not wanting to fly or get inside another MS. In fact, between the 0079 and Zeta, he was an MS instructor at the Cheyenne MS academy training other people to become pilots of their own. He didn't show any signs of instability or emotional detachment when Fraw and the kids came to see him. On the contrary, he welcomed them with open arms. His apprehension about joining the Karaba and going into space is not because of PTSD either. It's pretty understandable that Amuro didn't want to be involved in another armed conflict. It's not a novel idea, it's only a natural human response to not get dragged into somebody else's war. Furthermore, his self-inhibition as the show is written was merely because of cowardice and it wasn't until Katz called him out on it that Amuro was able to push himself into getting involved. The show practically beats you over the head with the fact that it was Amuro's personal cowardice and all he needed was to get over it which he does. That is not PTSD by any measure.

From that point on and through CCA, Amuro showed no signs whatsoever. Any issues he may have had he was able to deal with himself. No professional help. No medications. No therapy. Amuro did not have PTSD.
>>
>>14091414
really what other choice did those 2 freaks have, kinda strange how there kids managed to grow out of having stupid looking eyes in there teens
>>
>>14093362
Obviously,one caused by combat related stress
>paralysed by the images of violence such as the burning aftermath of his biker fight
>emotional stunting for most of the series due to being raised by war, even claiming he can only feel alive there with a purpose until Fyana
>>
>>14094396
>Amuro showed no signs whatsoever
Aside having Lalah's ghost nightmares? Or being unable to have a normal relationship with Chen and Beltorchika?
>>
File: 1292124225682.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1292124225682.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>14093280
Who wouldn't?
>>
>>14090880
What site does this again?
>>
>>14094661
CHAR NO
>>
>>14094648
>Aside having Lalah's ghost nightmares?
That's really more that newtype BS that ruined UC. Did you really need that explained to you?

>Or being unable to have a normal relationship with Chen and Beltorchika?
It's foolish and naive to assume that every relationship is going to end up in a happy marriage or that being in a relationship is always going to be completely stress-free with no issues. Amuro and Chan actually seemed like they pretty happy together. Bletorchika was really clingy, but the dynamics of their relationship were hardly considered stressful or unhealthy. But that's how female characters were written in those days -- they were just waifu material for lonely otaku.
>>
>>14094648
>Or being unable to have a normal relationship with Chen and Beltorchika?

If Amuro really did have PTSD, his relationship with Beltorchika was probably benificial if anything at all.
>>
File: 1438497221995.gif (352 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1438497221995.gif
352 KB, 500x300
>>14091140
I get the reference anon
>>
>>14092953
That's actually a pretty severe case with visible overt manifestations. Milder symptoms often went undiagnosed back then.
>>
>>14091801
The first thing I thought when watching the show was that it was supposed to be what full blooded Asains looked liked in UC, but there would still be Wong and Hayato who have normal eyes, with Katz also having dot eyes even though he seemed white.
>>
>>14094729
http://zettix.com/3d-filter/
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.