[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you're wondering why there are more "SEED babbies"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: p192479_b_v7_ac.jpg (150 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p192479_b_v7_ac.jpg
150 KB, 480x720
If you're wondering why there are more "SEED babbies" praising this show nowadays, it's because people born in 1998 are now 18, and didn't start remembering things until about 2003. The other Gundam series stopped airing in 2002, and were replaced by SEED around 2004-2005. Thus, seed is all they've ever known.
>>
>>14087185
So people born in 1998 are physically unable to watch anime made before 2002? Everyone who has ever seen SEED saw it as a 7 year old?

You don't make any sense, Opee.
>>
>>14087197
He's just shitposting, ignore him.
>>
Luna best gril
>>
>>14087185
Dude I was born in 1998 and I remember watching some Seed/Seed Destiny at Grandma's late at night. The reason I actually started having interest in Gundam was because I remembered that show.
>>
>>14087185
I watched 0079 and Zeta before SEED
They're obviously better than SEED, but I still found SEED enjoyable.

I actually wish SEED had aired in New Zealand. I would have loved it and Zoids as a kid.
>>
>>14087710
For me, SEED was the final full series I watched. I only watched it two months ago, after having seen literally every single other series in production order, and being caught up with IBO.
It was still enjoyable for me as well.
>>
People like Destiny now?
>>
>>14087721
Man, Cru Sets ranting at the end is wild isn't it. I sorta liked how he was just a dick who wanted to watch everything burn. Watching him go from calm and collected to a maniac is great. He's up there as one of my favourite Char clones. A literal Char clone.
>>
>>14087185
SEED was one of tbe first anime I watched, but not on TV. Nyaa has been around for a long time now. Hope it gets many more years. God how did people watch anime before the Internet?!
>>
File: 1457303953941.png (178 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1457303953941.png
178 KB, 500x374
If it gets them into good mecha shows then that's alright.
>>
File: tmp_8525-sayla1929992019.jpg (86 KB, 505x783) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8525-sayla1929992019.jpg
86 KB, 505x783
>>14087747
Yeah this. Watched SEED, then I watched all the old good ones.

First Gundam is still the best.
>>
Wow...

1998 is when I first discovered anime.

There are legal adults who have now been alive for less time than that.

This is depressing.
>>
>>14087197
>>14087277
SEED faggots detected, kill yourselves
>>
>>14087185
Nah IBO just made it look good in comparison
>>
>>14087298
this
>>
>>14087185
'97 fag here
G GUNDAM WAS THE BEST.
>>
>>14091047

literally all these retards that are now around 25 years old give or take, that favorited G gundam
>>
>>14087185

Nah. Part of it is nostalgia, and that probably extends to the Japanese fanbase, but a lot of what the SEED franchise is. There are GUNDAM anime, and then there are gundam ANIME. SEED is the latter, something people outside of the usual mecha and Gundam crowds find easy to digest. It's utterly generic anime but that doesn't ruin it for them because it suits their tastes. They're the types who think Kira does nothing wrong or believe his approach is the right way, uncaring of how much Destiny romanticizes his actions.

It broke that barrier, and that's all some people need to say it's good for them.
>>
>>14087185
>praising this show
I'm sorry, the only time I ever saw such a thing was when googling "SEED Destiny review" prior to watching the show and finding some faggot calling it decent because "the old cast was back".
>>
>>14093593
Then you get the guys who say "Shinn was a mistake. Kira and Lacus was so big and well-loved that it was insane trying to replace them."

Basically, they argue that the Cosmic Era has to revolve around those few characters since they're so popular. But all that does is kill the accessibility of later shows, making it so viewers would have a harder time getting into them due to continuity lockout. With each show building off the previous one, the continuing Adventures of Kira and Athrun (like they are Silver Age heroes) would eventually run into some walls and grow stagnant.

And at the heart of it all, SEED attracted a fanbase that wasn't open to other characters. Destiny lost a bunch of viewers during it's run and saw an improvement once Kira became the lead again following the Freedom/Impulse battle. The story wasn't bringing new fans in, and before it was making the old fans leave.

> But SEED had lots of fans, so why is it important to make new ones?

1) SEED attracted teenage girls, and the President of Bandai said they were more interested in buying DVDs and CDs than Gunpla. Toys made up the largest share of SEEDs sales, and

2) Fans leave for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes they just grow out of something, and if new shows can't attract new viewers than the series will grow stagnant and die. Hell, that's what happened with Destiny and Bandai isn't in any hurry to release the movie. FFS, if the mecha designs were done you'd think they'd at least release them as a MSV line or something, but instead we got Vs. Astray which was variants of MS from the more beloved first-SEED.

A new protagonist helps a show by opening it up to new viewers. It's why Kamille was never outshined by Amuro or Char, ditto Judau and OVA leads. They give them a chance to make a go of it instead of relying on popular characters.
>>
About to watch Destiny, am I going to be disappointed if I enjoyed the original SEED for what it was and am expecting nothing more than cool robots fighting each other and Kira bullshitting his way out of everything?
>>
>>14093743
>am I going to be disappointed
Yes
>>
>>14093705
>Bandai isn't in any hurry to release the movie
Never happening.
>>
>>14093743
>am I going to be disappointed if I enjoyed the original SEED for what it was
Yes.
>expecting nothing more than cool robots fighting each other and Kira bullshitting his way out of everything?
Expect nothing but the worst because around, halfway that's all you'll get.
>>
>>14093743

Yes because all you're going to get is stock footage of stuff you already saw in Seed.
>>
File: SEED RECYCLING.jpg (135 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
SEED RECYCLING.jpg
135 KB, 1000x1000
>>14094534
>>
>>14093743
I'm still early into Destiny, around episode 20, but honestly the action's not too bad. There's some cool sequences like in the first episode, the colony drop. I really like in episode 18 where Shinn flys through the cave in the dark, comes out, stabs a Dagger, then hits it with his vulcans, then shoves it down the hatch with the positron cannon, catching it in the Daggers explosion. The characters are still dumb though.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.