[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finished Voltes V just now. Suffice to say that was a fun ride.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Zambojil's palace.png (589 KB, 1024x770) Image search: [Google]
Zambojil's palace.png
589 KB, 1024x770
Finished Voltes V just now. Suffice to say that was a fun ride. I think some Beast Fighters could've been stronger designwise but they were still pretty much always challenges for the Voltes Team, and the vast majority were pretty cool. The twists with the Boazanian infighting were fun.

What a good romp.
>>
>>14084946
Okay, now do it with ERIKAAAAA
>>
>>14084955
I, uh, don't follow.
>>
>>14084946
Having just finished Combattler at the time, Voltes felt really serious. Heinel is mai hasbando
>>
>>14084959
Daimos, of course! If you haven't watched it, that is.
>>
>>14084973
Hum. I was gonna flip a coin to see if I should rewatch MSG dubbed or begin Mazinger Z. I guess it wouldn't hurt to just add everything in the Robot Romance group and then something completely random, because I didn't watch Combattler V first.

I hope I haven't accidentally committed some kind of meta crime here.
>>
>>14084975
Nah, Daimos can be a good mix of absurd, romantic and sad if you power through the whole series.
>>
>>14084955
>>14084973

Has Daimos been fully subbed yet?
>>
>>14084979
Wasn't there a release last year?
>>
>>14084979
No. The subninjas give people subbing that a really hard time, though Shidoni is still around.

>>14084975
No big deal. It should be worth pointing out that Luurah has about a quarter of Daltanius left to do, so depending on your pace he might be done soon. That said, Daimos' dub rips have small windows, so get your eyesight ready.
>>
I, uh, my first crush was Megumi. Man she was awesome.
>>
>>14085220
Nothing wrong with liking the daughter of a ninja general, /m/an
>>
File: YOU_KNOW_IT_TO_BE_TRUE.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
YOU_KNOW_IT_TO_BE_TRUE.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Voltes was magnificent after the crapfest that was Combattler.
>>
>>14085461
>Heinel will never be happy in any adaptation of the Voltes story
Poor Go family.
>>
now you can enjoy this awesomely animated pachinko animations at sd resolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuYF9rrUtig
>>
>>14085461
>hating on based yo-yos
They're about the same thing. Voltes just had a bit more plot and the characters it killed off tended to be more important
>>
>>14085555
The 2nd half of Combattler was complete and utter bullshit.

The 1st half was actually going somewhere, it built up a great thing with Garuda. Hell the show could have ended right there and be much better.

Instead we go back to utterly insignificant shit that didn't make you care for the heroes and coupled with bumbling enemies again and the finale of the whole show is easily the dumbest thing I have ever watched. Not even close by a mile to anything resembling a decent final battle or a build up to it for that matter. Just a cop-out ending about "LOL shit sorry guys we had a bit of political turmoil on our world, let me disable that bomb for ya. Peace out". Fuuuuuuuck thaaat.

Voltes was just an amazing improvement in every way.
>>
>>14085581
Combattler's 2nd half still had some great episodes though, like the first one where they stand in flames and turn the battle around after the professor gives a speech to them, or the one with a barrier around a city that needed to be broken by ringing bells around it, and the girl doing it needed to sacrifice herself.

But, yeah, I really disliked the finale too. Everyone just accept their deaths and attempting to do nothing while the Earth was about to be destroyed was just too much, and the plot device to solve it all was handled pretty badly.

I only made it 10 or so episodes into Voltes though. The plot seemed to be better, but the interactions of the team members were much drier. I loved the Combattler's team interactions and conflicts, while the Voltes team just seemed distant in spite of being family.
>>
>>14085581
I think there was some buildup to something. It was clear as the show went on that Janera trusted Warchimedes less and both of them were turning on Dungele, who fought back in turn.
The deus ex machina ending was dumb, yeah, but I thought it was just as strange that when Voltes landed on Boaz, the only defense it faced was Heinel and his warrior statue. Still pretty great otherwise

>>14085653
> but the interactions of the team members were much drier.
I can agree with that. Part of that comes from Kenichi inexplicably being a real asshole in the first few episodes. He calms down later on, especially once Professor Sakunji arrives and takes over the role for him[/spolier]
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.