[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would their favourite mecha be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 620x374
What would their favourite mecha be?
>>
Something fast
>>
F91 or Char's Zaku II
>>
>>14084557
Who gives a fuck
>>
>>14084557
Transformers.
>>
File: transformer.jpg (204 KB, 1004x1600) Image search: [Google]
transformer.jpg
204 KB, 1004x1600
>>14084722
Which one?
>>
>>14084735
Megas because Trans Am.
>>
Something English. And it's better than not English. Better than a funny bulky American mech made of plastc and V8.
>>
File: guntank-can-into-space.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
guntank-can-into-space.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
It's not even a question.
>>
>>14084557
James May would be contractually obliged to pretend to love the big, slow motherfucker. Big Zam or whatever. There is a 50-50 shot it makes it across the finish line 2nd.
>>
File: charlieGibb_01.jpg (300 KB, 924x1182) Image search: [Google]
charlieGibb_01.jpg
300 KB, 924x1182
>>14084760
Gotcha
>>
>>14084557
Well Jezza'd like something stupid fast so the V2 or more likely the F99 record breaker

Captain slow would just want something either comfortable or sensible, so either a comfy, but not too absurd MA or amlabor or some smaller worker based unit like a mobile worker from gundam or some shit.

Hamster...hmmm. A scopedog. Closest this to a range rover and I can't really think of a 911 like mech. Maybe something Cross-eyed since he liked the Morgan Aero 8.
>>
>>14084802
Closest thing*
>>
>>14084767
Go to bed, Paul.
>>
Boss Borot with a junkyard
>>
>>14084557
Hildolfr
>>
>>14084557

exia
>>
>>14084557
>>14085397

Ok to expand

Hammond: Exia
Clarkson: Heavyarms
May: Zaku Tank (war history + invention of adding broken bits together + useless)
>>
>>14084557
Getter, Ideon.
>>
>>14085424
>Hamster driving the IDEO BUSTER
NOPENOPENOPE
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1014 KB, 1488x1191) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1014 KB, 1488x1191
Ambitious but rubbish
>>
>ctrl-f ZOCK
>ctrl-f IRONGEAR
>ctrl-f GUN-RU
Are you even trying /m/
>>
Speaking of, whatever happened to that Netflix exclusive deal they had going on after Clarkson was fired and the others quit?
>>
File: RX-75-4.jpg (179 KB, 366x529) Image search: [Google]
RX-75-4.jpg
179 KB, 366x529
jeremy loves tanks
so what about this
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Cheap MS made before UC 0090 challenge

(Clarkson: I was first to arrived at the designated meeting point and I brought my choice of Mobile Suit which of course, the best choice)
Clarkson: Here is Anaheim Electronics' GM Powered. You may think this is just plain old GM type C, well it is quite old and I find the aesthetic a bit rubbish. But wait, see here. Look at those massive, massive thrusters. Even the name screams POWERRRRR
(Clarkson: And then the Hamster arrived with dark-blue colored abomination)
Clarkson: What do you got there, mate?
Hammond: -Ahem- This is Hazel II, a Gundam that saw limited action just before Gryps conflict. It may not as popular as other Gundams but this is a Gundam nonetheless
Clarkson: That's not a Gundam
Hammond: What? Look at the head, it clearly screams Gundam!
Clarkson: Yeah that's just GM Quel with a Gundam head, it supposedly has the tri-booster but all I see is the standard GM Quel backpack
Hammond: It's not the backpack, it's the head that counts! What do you got there anyway? An orange obese GM from One Year War?
Clarkson: Technically it's from mid 0080s, and thousand times better than yours, and what's with the color anyway?
Hammond: Well, it's made for Titans Test Team and since they tried to purge everything Titans nowadays I got it cheap
Clarkson: That means it's rubbish
(Hammond: While we're bickering, Captain Slow arrived with something unexpected)
Clarkson: May, sorry mate. The challenge is for cheap MS, not transport truck
May: (points to the MS on top of the truck bed) Gentlemen, that is a classic. The original Guntank from the original Project V. A classic and understated piece of machinery
Clarkson: First of all I don't even consider a Guntank as Mobile Suit, and why it needed to be transported with a truck?
May: Well it has just a little bit problem
Hammond: It's broken
May: Oh come on, spare the technicalities
>>
File: Top Panzer.gif (3 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
Top Panzer.gif
3 MB, 427x240
>>14085830
>Then the Stig waltzes in on a Striker Custom just to wow everybody
>>
>>14085675
Amazon and I believe they are filming it now.
>>
>>14085830
That's pretty spot on mate
>>
>>14085641
I can literally envision this to become one of their projects in an episode

>This episode...we are going to convert a carnival float into a mobile armor
>>
>>14085830

I feel like I've read a couple of these on /m/ and they're all spot on (to my limited Top Gear experience). Anyone have the others?
>>
>>14084557

Considering that they all actually unanimous like are the Subaru Legacy Outback, Ford Mondeo and the Renault Avantime, it'll actually be something modern (enough) looking and utilitarian either a Geara Doga or Jegan
>>
>>14086398

Some of them are spot on because they've literally copied parts of episodes and just changed the appropriate bits.
>>
CLARKSON: "Now, the Producers say that Mobile Armours are a bad idea. They say that they're too big, to expensive to mass produce, they look silly and they're sole purpose is be taken down by a 14 year old boy in a mobile suit built by his father."

MAY: "This resulted in a bit of an argument viewers. We said this was frankly rubbish, and the Mobile Armour designs of the one year war were instrumental in much of the technology we see today. Where would the Sazabi be without the Braw Bro's psycommu guidance systems? And who can forget the infamous Big Zam?"

HAMMOND: "The argument rumbled along, and I got brightslapped..."

CLARKSON: "By me, I always wanted to do it."

HAMMOND: "And it really hurt! Not even my dad has hit me that hard! Anyway, the producers told each of us to buy a Mobile Armour of our own, and report to the Top Mech test tracks for a series of challanges..."

JAMES: "As you can see viewers I've played this sensible. I've bought a good condition restored Val Valo with minimal miles on the clock and only one careful owner... Although if I'm honest he does appear to have converted it to be used with one hand."

[overvoice] JAMES: "And then Hammond arrived, in a collossal mistake."

JAMES: "Oh dear. What have you done."

HAMMOND: "What? What? It's a prestine condition Elmeth! Only one careful woman pilot!"

JAMES: "Theres a giant beamsaber hole where the cockpit used to be. How careful could she have been!?"

HAMMOND: "There is SOME combat damage I'll grant."

JAMES: "So, you've bought yourself a Newtype MA. You. Being the person the Flanagan Institute described as "So Oldtype were unsure if he's human or the missing link."

HAMMOND: "Ah! No! I've thought of that [pushes a button, funnels pop out] See! Halfcontrol system. Got it from a Neue Ziel that was floating about after 83."

JAMES: "You mean the colony drop. The one we don't talk about?"

HAMMOND: "Yes. That colony drop."

JAMES [to audiance]: Then Jermery Clarkznable arrived.
>>
>>14086461

CLARKSON: "LADS! LOOK WHAT I'VE GOT!"

JAMES: "Oh christ. Please tell me that Divinidad has had it's Nukes removed."

CLARKSON: Bask in the magnificence of my genius, gentlemen!

JAMES: It's terrible. And almost certainly illegal.

CLARKSON: Nonsense. This is the obvious choice. It's got a 3.2mW neutron-injected fusion reactor at the front, sixteen funnels at the back and under the bonnet? Mega particle cannon. Only one previous owner, who even outfitted it with nuclear warheads for those rough days at the office.

JAMES (voiceover): As Jezza rambled upon about his mechanical turkey, Hammond and I noticed a particularly special "feature".

HAMMOND: The cockpit hatch won't close.

CLARKSON: Well... yes, it's for quick escapes. This thing was built on Jupiter, not in the Midlands. So I think we can all agree that they've done it properly.

HAMMOND: And that's not all, I've noticed something else. James, would you come here for a moment and tell me what this steadily growing puddle is under your Val Varo?

CLARKSON: Well Richard, if I were to make a wild guess, I would say that looks an awful lot like reactor coolant.

JAMES: No worries, there's plenty more in there.

CLARKSON: No, I'm sorry Richard, but it has to be said. Of the three of us, you're the only one who decided to bring a wheelie bin to a cheap MA challenge.

HAMMOND: It's not a wheelie bin! This thing is genesis! I've wanted one ever since I was a small boy!

CLARKSON: Yes Richard, but the producers aren't just going to say, "The winner is the one who always wanted to pilot their unit the most".
>>
/m/ Top Gear is my favorite dank meme
>>
God damn these threads make me want those three to hurry up their filming on this new show.

I need it in my life /m/en.
>>
File: 128413726912.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
128413726912.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>14086461
>Jeremy Clarkznable
>>
>>14084557
Ones that go fast.
>>
>>14086335
>How hard could it be?
>>
But what would their Falklands controversy be?
>>
>>14087192
Driving out to Sydney with a license plate reading 79CDRP
>>
I never like their 'Cool Wall' section. It's just Jeremy forcing his subjective taste on cars, with poor Hammond trying to argue in vain
Kinda reminds me how /m/ discuss things though.
>>
>>14087058

James likes comfort over speed and while Harmony does like speed, he's seems to put style over speed. As someone else said the few cars they all like are rather pedestrian. That difference is probably why they work so well. So only Jeremy would really like a fast/powerful mech.
>>
>>14089661
That was changed to that 10 years before they even bought it as well.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.