[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 19715156381_9e615f4091_o.jpg (718 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
19715156381_9e615f4091_o.jpg
718 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
>>14083677
Not making Ein Graze the main hero
>>
Hey OP you can't rip off the thread I made a few days ago
>>
Kudelia isn't a secondary character.
>>
The show wasn't what we expected it to be, then it botched the execution of what it wanted to be.
>>
Too many private talk, less mech action, less political strategy. The MC is virtually useless like a puppet to obey Orga words.
>>
Literally 2/3rd of its runtime utterly wasted.
>>
They bungled everything that could be bungled.

>Main character is so unlikable that people root against him
>His whole gimmick is he is willing to fight dirty, but it doesn't even matter because his Gendum is so advanced anyway, so all the fights are Wing-tier slaughterfests devoid of excitement
>After a really fast first couple episodes, show wanders in space for half its season like it's trying to be 0079
>Despite pushing itself as dark and edgy, no important Tekkadan character dies until nearly the very end, so we are treated to a lot of pathetic wailing over nameless grunts who are literally literally whos
>Gjallarhorn, built up as this massive threat that has had a stranglehold on everything for centuries, is ineffectual and/or Titans-level cartoonishly evil
>Kill off every vaguely sympathetic member of Gjallarhorn
>Vast majority of characters do absolutely nothing whatsoever and are just "there."
>The handling of Carta, where they introduce a character that the show actually needed(a likable comic-relief spaz) but then introduce her right before the show is going to end, after having built up an atmosphere where she feels out of place, and then kills her in a way that just makes the protagonists look bad
>Ein's character arc, one of the few interesting aspects of the show, is wasted and he remains the eternal jobber
>The ball-lessness of not killing off even 1 Tekkadan member during the "shit gets real" Edmonton attack, which was the only time the heroes ever faced danger at all
>Almost all the important action during the finale was offscreen, probably because they had no time after wasted five episodes on Teiwaz customs and space pirates and whatever

The thing about IBO is, it's not even bad. If it was a trainwreck you could watch it to laugh at it. Instead, what you get is a show that is simply disappointing. Every week, you tune in because the show is never so shit that you drop it. And you think "yeah, this is where it'll get real." It never does.
>>
Despite all the hype surrounding the lack of beam weapons, the way fights play out they might as well be using beams.
>>
>>14084400

It''s actually worse because instead of trying to avoid one-hit KO beams and shit all the mechs simply absorb blows until someone has to lose due to plot.
>>
>>14084393
I'd prefer a train wreck. Gundam Seed Destiny has unintentional comedy. I can laugh at Shinns family dying over the stupid fucking phone. At least it had an action scene almost every episode.

IBO is nothing. It's a grey lump, devoid of excitement.
>>
File: Metabee reads the paper.png (134 KB, 346x297) Image search: [Google]
Metabee reads the paper.png
134 KB, 346x297
>>14084462
>At least it had an action scene almost every episode.
>destiny
by action you mean the same fight just a different background sure.
>>
>>14084393
I just had a thought: What if Carta replaced the Brewers? Obviously it doesn't really work with her "pride and guardian of Earth" shtick and doesn't make her seem like a member of the lofty Issues, but if you can work out a few reasons (or just change the back story a little) for her to be on the outskirts then you could fix two parts of the show for the better. No >muh debris, no long-lost brother, no Clown and Pig Show. Instead you introduce a kind of comical character up front, you have her tarnished pride of being at the ass end of the colonized solar system and losing a precious Gundam to the orphans (they have to end up with Akihiro's MS somehow and it makes sense as the Issue's family heirloom), giving her more screen time to actually be a character and gather sympathy. She could stew in her lust for vengeance until she's finally allowed to fight on Earth or something. I don't care about changing her death, since it drove home the point of not fucking around after Biscuit's death (another point to alter slightly since the comic relief killing a character then calling for a duel is kind of out of place) but it didn't really fit with the relatively optimistic finale and the family theme that Tekkadan has been pushing for. So either make Tekkadan edgier or a little less edgy because they hit right in between and it doesn't work.
>>
>>14084505

Yeah, that would have been much better than what we got, which was Carta being in the show for 3 episodes and instead spending four or five on that painfully retarded kid and Space Moblin and that two episode Tekkadan whinefest over all those nameless dead homies who no one cared about.
>>
>>14083677
What is this and why have i not seen it?
>>
>>14083677
Not this shit again
>>
>>14083677
A lot less than you think

But not enough as you hope
>>
>>14084538
That art though. It's like amazing...

Is it sub? What's the tittle?

Even though you already ran my dreams through a wood chipper. I just want to see that thing in action.
>>
>>14084505
It's almost like this could get further developed in another season or something

In all seriousness tough a lot of interesting themes were injected in series at it's final stretch so it has me kinda hopeful for S2
>>
What's the trope called when a character all of the sudden gets a bunch of backstory or get sudden character development and you KNOW they're about to die?

Because this show is full of it. Honestly up to Brewers arc I thought the show was good, and was forgiving some of the animation and fight scene qualms other people were having. But then every single character interaction was just "oh this person is going to die in the next episode." Utterly predictable.

I do have decently high hopes for the next cour though. I feel like they can't possibly write off Chocolate as easy as they did Ein, so there will be a bit more tension.
>>
>>14084562
death omens
>>
>>14083677
>Okada
>the bad Nagai

What could have gone right?
>>
>>14084562
Death flags.

All these years and writers haven't figured out that suddenly giving a character who hadn't much focus the spotlight and going GEE IT SURE WOULD BE BAD IF I DIED is painfully bad writing.
>>
>>14084553
B-but anon, both those people are dead.

I agree that they brought back interesting themes for the finale. The problem is that they introduced most of them in the first couple episodes and then didn't touch them for 20 more.

The AV system (lots of exposition about whiskers and stuff that wasn't followed through until Graze Ein). Interacting mentally with Barbatos (it told me its name). Orga and Mika's strange relationship (it was obvious something was strange during the beginning, although I still cannot tell if that "who do I kill" scene near the end was trying to show Mika's sociopathy or if it was legitimately supposed to be a hardcore bro-to-bro pep talk, since the music suggested the latter). McGillis's political methods (we ended up seeing him visit random fags for like 6 min per episode but nothing happened with it besides "going to reform up in this bitch" repeated over and over, finally we get the seemingly unrelated power grab at the end). Kudelia's development (basically repeated her early development like four times until the latest episode, where she seems to be in a responsible position).
Just a few examples. This season could have easily contained a lot more on those topics but I hope that they will actually make good on their desire to follow these plot lines this time around.
>>
>>14084491
Again it's still better than IBO's shitty animation that's made in 2016 when people have mastered digital animation compared to SEED's time.
>>
>>14084792
Expertise on digital has nothing to do with animating one fight scene and reusing it for several episodes. IBO is almost zero stock footage but the quality has to do with the shitty animators, not the equipment. It's pretty obvious that this crew is inexperienced. I'd rather have IBO's awful sliding and QUALITY than watch the same decent fight 52 times. IBO might have benefitted from using some more stock footage though because damn, it really needed to put the time into the fights.
>>
Roughly 15 episodes of filler.
>>
>>14084562
>What's the trope called when a character all of the sudden gets a bunch of backstory or get sudden character development and you KNOW they're about to die?

They're called Death Flags
>>
>>14083685
>25 episodes of crazy mecha dude telling people that they are living their lives wrong
Shit sounds so hype.
>>
>>14083677
It all comes back Okada and Nagai being unsuitable for this sort of story.
>>
A few animation and pacing issues but nothing major enough to ruin it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.