[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finally finished the original series of Mazinger Z. Started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: SAVAGE.png (1 MB, 1007x633) Image search: [Google]
SAVAGE.png
1 MB, 1007x633
So I finally finished the original series of Mazinger Z. Started it over a year ago with the swear subs and put it on hold and recently got a copy of Discotek's volume 2 of the series.

It's one of the most entertaining anime I've ever watched. Despite the seemingly episodic nature, there's just enough continuity between each episode to give even the simple monster of the week battles the impression of an overlying story.

Also, the show had a ton of variety with introducing new villains, mecha upgrades, and a weird mix of genres. Enemy mech designs are super creative design wise with each having their own unique attacks and shit. Like, it's amazing they managed to pump out over 90 of these things while still keeping them creative.

I do find it a little disappointing that it ends on a giant cliffhanger and I think Dr Hell's death could have been handled better. His final mech hardly even scratched Mazinger Z. The manga managed to be a bit more satisfying with him having that giant mech...

Oh and Sayaka a cute and the lack of scanned doujinshi of her is a crime.
>>
>>14080474
I was gonna watch Mazinger soon if I didn't rewatch MSG dubbed. Would you suggest the swearing, the crabsticks, or the actual english?
>>
File: 3147729_p0.jpg (245 KB, 947x629) Image search: [Google]
3147729_p0.jpg
245 KB, 947x629
>>14080509
The swear subs are pretty fucking entertaining but were annoying to get. Not sure if anyone ever compiled them all into a single torrent. If you have the money you should buy the DVDs though.
>>
>>14080530
Garada is funny, Crabsticks are hilarious at some times and force you to think at others, normal is normal.
>>
>>14080474
You should check out Cutey Honey, OP.
>>
File: mazingershiro.png (1 MB, 843x629) Image search: [Google]
mazingershiro.png
1 MB, 843x629
>>14080576
I already have along with most of Go Nagai's OVAs and more recent TV shows. Would love to see Dororon Enma-Kun and his other 70's series finished.
>>
>>14080530
I think the normal english subs for Mazinger are available for torrent, though honestly I wouldn't mind buying the DVDs.
>>
>>14080589
>Dororon Enma-Kun
I've got bad news on that, anon. Until further notice, Skaro is only doing the episodes that Nanto likes the most (no idea if he'll change his mind later).

>>14080616
>I think the normal english subs for Mazinger are available for torrent
That is correct. It's good that you're considering to get the DVDs though, since it would encourage Discotek to get more Dynamic Planning stuff.
>>
I'm currently watching Devilman and it's a lot of fun.
It's quite the surprise, it seems to be disliked around here because not muh manga.
>>
File: every fucking thig is wrong.jpg (146 KB, 720x1152) Image search: [Google]
every fucking thig is wrong.jpg
146 KB, 720x1152
>>14080509
>>
>>14081150
>it seems to be disliked around here because not muh manga.
That literally never happens. Stop being analsore. There are vastly more posts, probably by you, complaining about manga elitism than there is actual manga elitism.
>>
>>14081150
There's a lot of misunderstanding about the Devilman anime that I think causes people to hate it. They assume Toei took the manga and just loosely adapted it but that's not the case. It's based on Dante.
>>
>>14082214
>There's a lot of misunderstanding about the Devilman anime that I think causes people to hate it.

Where's the hate? I don't see it and never have.
>>
Are the Garada subs accurate, expletives aside? And how far do the expletives go? Does Kouji just use the word "fuck" constantly or does he go full Robert Morrow?
>>
>>14082270
>>14067732

This and about five or so other posts over how many years of Devilman threads. People bitching about nothing, as per usual.
>>
>>14081150
No, you're thinking about Getter Robo.
>>
>>14082346
Yeah, those delusional mangafags are a bitch, thinking their mediocre action manga is any better than the OVAs or even the Toei anime.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.