[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay I'm tired to death of all these new Gundam shit. IBO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 60588605.jpg (70 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
60588605.jpg
70 KB, 960x960
Okay I'm tired to death of all these new Gundam shit. IBO failed to catch my interest and I doubt anything that comes after ever will. I feel like I have exhausted all the fucks I could possibly give to Gundam. I feel like AGE should have been my last, but here I am, still trying to give a damn.

Now, where the fuck is my new Mazinger shit? Mazinkaiser SKL was 5 years ago and Robot Girls Z doesn't count.

Where the fuck is my new Votoms? What the fuck is Takahashi doing?

At least they're making a new J9, that's cool.

But what about GaoGaiGar? Why can't we ever see anything in that universe ever again?

Oh boy, they're taking a long time to make that new Pacific Rim. I doubt they'll ever get it out before I die of old age.
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>
File: (You).jpg (49 KB, 672x492) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
49 KB, 672x492
>>14078750
>Okay I'm tired to death of all this new frogposter shit. The [NEW MEME] failed to catch my interest and I doubt anything that comes after ever will. I feel like I have exhausted all the fucks I could possibly give to [NEW MEME]. I feel like Glau should have been my last, but here I am, still trying to give a damn.
>>
File: +(You) this post.png (3 KB, 450x95) Image search: [Google]
+(You) this post.png
3 KB, 450x95
>>14078760
For use at your discretion, here's a token from April Fools. Happy memeing.
>>
>>14078750

Why do you want sequels? Especially to stuff that doesn't need any? VOTOMs has enough of that shit and none are as good as the original show. GaoGaiGar only needs one because of a shifty cliffhanger ending to an OVA. At this point I don't even want one and would prefer a new show that did it's own thing.
>>
>>14078789
Because I feel comfy with these IPs.

Also because Sunrise has shown me that you don't need any other reason other than money to make a new Gundam.
>>
File: 1456127508136.jpg (23 KB, 492x299) Image search: [Google]
1456127508136.jpg
23 KB, 492x299
>>14078817
>"comfy"
>wants to eat the same meal over and over instead of branching out and searching for new things
>>
>>14078789
Same here. No idea why do some peoplke want more and more sequels instead of new things.
>>
>>14078823
>branching out and searching for new things
Their designs don't interest me.

I'm a retrofag. I don't like the general aesthetics of the 2000s unless it's purposely retro.
>>
>>14078836
Then go watch old shows instead of being a baby. I'm sure you haven't watched everything out there.
>>
>>14078836
You're literally a hipster, there is nearly as much variation today as there was 30 years ago. Age has nothing to do with it. In any case, I doubt you've exhausted the entire library of mecha from 1970s-1999, so stop complaining that mecha doesn't pander specifically to you.

I have no sympathy for a frogposting comfyfag who hates new things.
>>
>>14078836
>I'm a retrofag
No, no you aren't. You're just caught up in this current phony nostalgia wave that began in earnest in 2007. Anyways, check out Argento Soma.
>>14078851
>I have no sympathy for a frogposting comfyfag who hates new things.
What about a frogposting comfyfag that likes many new and old things.
>>
>>14078836

>>14078840

Then you won't like new things anyway, even new entries in existing an franchise, since it'll just use new designs that harken in small ways to the original. So why do you care?
>>
>>14078872
>it'll just use new designs that harken in small ways to the original.
Not every mecha anime is Gundam. The last Takahashi Votoms OVA had the tone and designs of the original.
>>
>>14078851
I never said age has anything to do with it.

Look, I don't care for retro anime because they're old. I care for them because their designs appeal more to me.
>>
>>14078856
Significantly less sympathy than for a normal poster but as long as you don't do it here I'm okay with you.
>>
>>14078894
You have tunnel vision, then. Go play SRW if you want new storylines with your favorite designs.
>>
>>14078896
I generally only frogpost on /tv/ in designated frog trope threads.

I can't really think of any /m/ shows that I'd describe as "comfy" either.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 253x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 253x218
I just want more Mellowlink and Palisen files like stuff with VOTOMS.
No more Chirico elaboration, give me a Balarant soldier and expand on them. Or the story of a war orphan getting into war and being warped by it. Or Kummen pre civil war.
>>
Congratulations. You've grown up and can no longer see the appeal in Gundams without putting on your nostalgia goggles.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.