[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people not like the Ideon TV series? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (641 KB, 914x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
641 KB, 914x1280
Why do so many people not like the Ideon TV series? I thought it was better than the overrated movie. Is it just 12 year olds with Down syndrome calling this "slow"? If this is considered slow, I must have a lot of patience or I am autistic.
>>
>>14075285
Because it's pretty boring and a lot of episodes are literally the same thing
>>
>>14075285
Be Invoked deserves all the praise it gets
As for the series, the "enemy plan of the week" and the stock footage are the main reasons people call it boring. I've not ever seen anybody fault stuff like the character development and all that.
>>
>>14075285
>I am autistic.
There you go, you got it.
>>
>>14075285

> Why do so many people not enjoy a thing I enjoy? Are they all downs sufferers or am I autistic.

Neither. You're just an idiot who can't accept opinions and have to look for insults as a recourse instead.
>>
File: ide.png (234 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ide.png
234 KB, 500x375
>>14075285
>Why do so many people not like the Ideon TV series? I thought it was better than the overrated movie. Is it just 12 year olds with Down syndrome calling this "slow"? If this is considered slow, I must have a lot of patience or I am autistic.

Well to be honest Ideon has really shitty art direction, stilted fight scenes, stock footage is used at full capacity and horrendous mecha design. That said the story is very interesting although it does tend to slow down in places. The fact that the series was cut short and need 2 additional films might also be why anime fans don't take to it. As far as anti war anime goes, this one goes way way further than any other Tomino anime. It really paints an unredeemable human nature. It's not really an optimistic message at all. And it worth repeating Ideon has nothing to do with world ending/universe ending events. And no Evangelion doesn't copy Ideon.

Ideon whatever it's faults is in my opinion one of the most interesting animes of the eighties even if it carries a dark message. And maybe Tomino's best right next to Turn A Gundam. In a sense, Turn A is the complementary answer to Ideon. This just shows you how much Tomino changed in 20 years. But hey only idiots never change opinion.
>>
Been a long time since I watched the TV series. Mainly remember Buff Clan attacking attacking each ep. I also recall seeing Ideon roar in ep 14 and cutting a planet in half somewhere.

May get the movie bds since I can play 1080p finally.
>>
>>14075326

You're even worse than he is, pretending that some "opinions" aren't inherently better than others.
>>
The movie is "better" but I liked the tv series.
>>
>>14075341
He killed off the blue haired girl too quickly
>>
>>14075341
>horrendous mecha design

nah fampai
>>
There's maybe a handful of episodes out of like 40 that actually matter, the rest are shit, not because they're monster of the week, which is fine, but just because they're shit anyway
>>
>>14075341
>2 additional films
A Contact doesn't really add anything new.
>>
It has a lot of really unnecesary episodes
>>
Okay since theres a thread should i watch the movies or show
>>
>>14075737

the show, because for all its flaws the show actually lets you understand what's going on, unlike A Contact.
>>
>>14075285
>Why do so many people not like the Ideon TV series?

I've never seen anyone actively had on the TV series. It just seems the movie was so good that everyone would rather discuss that than the TV show.
>>
>>14075285
>I am autistic
Doesn't take much to be an autist by the 4chan definition, so let's just go with that. Don't feel too bad, the definition has gotten so loose that every single one of us is austistic now.
>>
It's too repetitive, they do that electric wire attack for like ten episodes in a row. It also has probably the worst ending ever, it's like they found out it was cancelled but didn't give a shit about actually finishing it
>>
>>14075737
Show, definitely.

>>14076254
I thought that the use of repetitive stories week after week was clever and actually worked in the shows' favour. The Solo Ship is the space runaway, so that's what it does for 40 episodes, it runs away. They run, get attacked, get hurt, keep going, look for sanctuary but never get it.

The constant Buff assaults really drove home a feeling that they were on the edge and always being worn down without a chance to rest. At first Ideon can feel like generic action but as it went on I started to get hit with really strong feelings of dread even though nothing game-changing was taking place. Ideon nails that balance of pity and terror that you need to pull off good tragedy. Be Invoked is amazing, but without the series as a base it's all just cool flash and violence.
>>
>>14076373

In one ep, Sheryl even mopes about how the Buff Clan are constantly coming up with new ways to take out Ideon and the Solo Chip, battle after battle, practically at their own leisure.
>>
>>14075285
because most posters from here are from /a/ and have ADHD

If Gundam didn't had good movies that can be watched without the TV show, it would be the same thing
>>
>>14075285
Sheeple parrot critics
>>
>>14075285
Yeah so nice to watch thirty times the same episode during a 40 episodes run.
>>
>>14075285
Part of this is probably because Shin-Getter's translation honestly wasn't that good.
>>
Is that retarded statement of Amuro being Cosmo's reincarnation true?
>>
>>14078042
Yes
The official chronology is Ideon > UC Gundam > CC > RC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Xabungle
>>
>>14075285

> gots some filler episodes
> gots very good episodes
> quality goes up and down all over the place
> still its an enjoyable ride
> movie its a classic
> movie is not overrated
> watching episodes 40-43 would be better than "be invoked"
>>
I've never watched Ideon, but the music is absolutely stellar. Bowstrings Fly followed by Pressure is fucking great.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.