[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember you have to watch it to the end or be a permanent Gundam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: mobile-suit-gundam-zz-2.jpg (326 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
mobile-suit-gundam-zz-2.jpg
326 KB, 960x720
Remember you have to watch it to the end or be a permanent Gundam pleb.
>>
Remember being a permanent Gundam pleb is preferable to suffering through ZZ.
>>
I can also not watch Gundam.
>>
>>14072517
No you must suffer that first half.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 495x495
Reminder that ZZ is better than Zeta and every AU Gundam series.
>>
>>14072509
[Spoiler]Still better than IBO [/Spoiler]
[Spoiler]I'm not even trolling; ZZ's beginning is BAD, but it overall has a better plot, just REALLY bad details at times.[/Spoiler]
>>
>>14072547
Not him/her but I enjoyed the first half, just enough push, to finish the whole series. And wacky Yazan was still the biggest threat to Jewdough imo.
>>
Breaking news, this board is full of plebs.
>>
>>14072509
You also have to agree it's better than Zeta to be a true Gundam patrician.
Zeta is a flick, ZZ is pure kino.
>>
>>14072983
/tv/ does not belong on /m/, shitposting or otherwise.
>>
I can suffer through ZZ for Elle.
>>
File: 1459331895128.jpg (189 KB, 1832x988) Image search: [Google]
1459331895128.jpg
189 KB, 1832x988
People still thinking Zz is bad.
It's not just your souls weighed down by gravity, it's your taste aswell
>>
>>14072509
ZZ was twice too long for what it had to tell but you completely fucked up by not posting Destiny.
>>
>>14073036
>Thinking Destiny is a must watch for Gundam fans
>Thinking any AU is required watching for Gundam fans

Nope, fuck off.
>>
>>14072509
fun fact if you haven't seen ZZ your opinion is only worth 1/3 of the opinion of a Gundam fan who has
>>
>>14072509
It gets better as it goes on so I don't see what the big deal is here. It's not even that horrible when you know what's coming after Zeta and prepare yourself for it. The worst is only when you think of what it could have been. And Moon moon.
>>
>>14074123
>The worst is only when you think of what it could have been.
An alternate version of CCA? Seriously though, if Tomino changed his plans for ZZ when CCA was greenlit, why was there nothing really there to tie ZZ to CCA?
>>
>>14074106
Well of course. Because you're not fully informed. The same way people who haven't sat through Voyager can't fully appreciate the Trek franchise.
>>
>>14074145
Char mentions the second Neo Zeon war, and Gyunei was originally supposed to be Kamille.
>>
>>14074154
>Char mentions the second Neo Zeon war, and Gyunei was originally supposed to be Kamille.
Other than the interest in Quess, there really was no reason for Gyunei not to be Kamille.... although, Kamille would've probably fought Amuro to a near standstill and that would've made Char's eventual defeat kinda lame, so, I guess that's a good thing?

But, what I really mean is, ZZ ends on a positive note with the gang back together and all the various threats dealt with then CCA shows up and starts right in the middle of things. I would've preferred more background with Char's return, his rise to power, why the Feddies were so keen on just appeasing him, and then the inevitable breakout of the conflict. Basically, I want CCA retconned/expanded into a 12 episode OVA.
>>
>>14074173
Kamille as Gyunei makes no sense because if Kamille was fighting in the second Neo Zeon war he would certainly side with Londo Bell.
>>
But ZZ is good. Why wouldn't a Gundam fan watch it?
>>
I guess that makes me a Gundam patrician, so as a patrician I declare that every Tomino-directed Gundam show blows
>>
>>14074204
because the first 20 or so episodes sucked donkey balls

it takes a real fan to push through and finish the series.
>>
>>14074065
What about Turn A? G Reco?
>>
>>14074204
because they're rushing through to pass the Gundam citizenship test and have no time for robot fights
>>
>>14074173
>there really was no reason for Gyunei not to be Kamille
I'm sure that crashing Axis into earth is something that Kamille would love to do
>>
>>14074237
This isn't a statement on their quality, but neither of those are shows that are mandatory watching to call yourself a Gundam fan.
>>
>>14073015
thats an awesome quote on so many levels.
>>
>>14074249
>I'm sure that crashing Axis into earth is something that Kamille would love to do
You're assuming Char would tell Kamille of his ultimate plan.

Just image Kamille being like Gali Gali at the end of IBO - crushed by betrayal and fighting impotently against the man he trusted.
>>
>>14074257
>neither of those are shows that are mandatory watching to call yourself a Gundam fan.
Agreed. However, I will argue that one cannot call themselves a Tomino fan without going through Turn A.
>>
>>14074284
That's certainly fair.
>>
File: kamilles beliefs.png (2 MB, 994x2160) Image search: [Google]
kamilles beliefs.png
2 MB, 994x2160
>>14074280
Kamille would go fucking ballistic if he ever caught a whiff of what Char intended to do with Axis.
>>
Reminder that ZZ does everything Zeta does, but better in every conceivable way
>>
>>14074315
>Kamille would go fucking ballistic if he ever caught a whiff of what Char intended to do with Axis.

Come on, tell me you don't want to see a long-form OVA where Kamille starts off as Char's right-hand in pushing for the great migration to space and transitions to unknowingly helping Char devastate the earth. Those resource satellites could simply "fall" during military encounters - Char would express his sympathies for the results, but would remind Kamille that it does help their cause. Finally, Char's plan is revealed - probably through Quess - and Kamille turns on him. This defection finally throws the balance of power into Londo Bell's favor, but the Axis drop looks all but inevitable.
>>
>>14074418
I like Kamille a lot but even if CCA was part of ZZ or a full OVA instead of being crammed into a movie, it's for the best that Kamille fucked off to go be a doctor on the moon or whatever semi-canon explanation they had for what he did after ZZ.
>>
>>14074418
That would be pretty dope, but personally I think you'd need to have Kamille not become a vegetable for that to really work, have him be upset over the loss of Quattro and serve during the first Neo Zeon war. Eventually he would reunite with Char and become extremely attached to him after previously believing him to be dead leading into the event you're describing.
>>
>>14074445
With the gap between ZZ and CCA, I think a bit of changes to Kamille's recovery (show him a bit further along by the end of ZZ) would be more than enough. Couple that with some flashbacks or an episode that bridges ZZ with the core of CCA, and you're good to go.
>>
>>14074432
Yeah, it states he developed a distaste for combat and went off so he could help people instead. I don't think he would go with Char even if he asked Kamille in person, amidst an overwhelmed triage center on an overcrowded colony Kamille was helping out at.
>>
>Camille starts ZZ a potato
>Char takes Camille in to "help"
>cybernewtype him on top of his newtype and autism
>becomes the new gay Gyunei
>>
Does anyone have a link to the original pitch for ZZ? I sound like it was going to be quite different and it had Char taking over Neo Zeon, If I remeber right. It just make thing a bit weird that ZZ doesn't lead into CCA at all, despite all the changes happened after CCA was greenlit.
>>
>>14074525
Not sure if I've ever seen the original pitch, but I do know that Glemy's rebellion was supposed to be Char's coup.
>>
>>14074534
It was posted here months ago, but I haven't been able to find it since, it's a pretty interesting 'what if'.
>>
>ZZ is good it's just that half of it is shit
ZZfags everyone
>>
>>14074233

When is this myth, that ZZ gets good after Moon Moon finally going to end? There are about 5 episodes in the middle that are decent, 20-25ish if I remember correctly, before everything takes yet another nosedive and never comes back. Just when you thought, that everything couldn't be any stupider Tigerbaum happens, which is followed upon by the stupid ending. Kaman could have gotten to power, but she doesn't because she falls in love with a 14 year old. Makes a whole lot of sense, since she was always presented as this cunning tactician, right? And the one time she actually had to live up to her reputation, she's proven to be a complete idiot.

I really dislike ZZ because it ruined her. (And the show just sucks in general.)
>>
>>14072509

>only show known to man that was retconned out of existance by its creator

Where's your "only the first half is shit" argument, now, eh?
>>
>>14074999
I told a friend I was starting ZZ
>I won't say it gets "good" after episode 18, but it picks up
>>
>>14072519
You're like that kid who pretends to hate cheetos just because all the dorks like it
>>
>>14074999
>complaining about predatory older women

Are you a fag or a fujo?
>>
Last UC TV I watched. I've watched every Gundam except for Victory. Which I'll do when BDs are done.
>>
File: 1459574458063.jpg (4 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1459574458063.jpg
4 KB, 250x250
>>14072509
>implying I've watched any Gundam aside from G

Supers a best
>>
File: 1454185820911.jpg (163 KB, 700x494) Image search: [Google]
1454185820911.jpg
163 KB, 700x494
>>14075431
Victory a best.
>>
File: 1431136608620.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1431136608620.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>14074237
>G Reco
>must watch
more like must not watch
>>
>>14075856
even if you don't like it, not having seen every Tomino Gundam removes your opinion
>>
>>14075806
>G
>Super
Also
>Supers
>best of anything except at being the worst
>>
I watched all of UC for the first time with a friend that was a major Gundam fanatic. All of UC other than ZZ that is, he just asked me to let him know when I was through it.

After watching it I understood why. Jesus christ, how does ZZ have fans?
>>
>>14077966
Because despite some objective flaws that even fans will admit to, your opinion is not everybody's opinion.
>>
>>14077988
I attribute it to being more like how some people just suffer from mental illness personally.
>>
>>14074432
I disagree.
>>
>>14075416
nobody likes pedos
>>
>>14072509
Since only AGE is let for me to watch,would I become a gundam meister after that?
>>
>>14077966
Because it's like Zeta, but actually good
>>
>>14081098
what about /a/?
>>
>>14072509
I watched it to the end. It's one of my favourite UC entries. Fight me.
>>
>>14081520
No
>>
I have just started watching Gundam, finished the compilation movies instead of the series for the first one (dunno if that's for the best) and then went on to watch Zeta.Which was pretty good.
ZZ so far is pretty boring to be honest, although I just finished the moon moon arc.Does it pick up now, or do I have to slog through?
>>
>>14081545
You're over the hill now moon moon is the marker.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.