[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Make one of the best interpretations of a "real robot"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: ARX-7_Arbalest.jpg (68 KB, 255x491) Image search: [Google]
ARX-7_Arbalest.jpg
68 KB, 255x491
>Make one of the best interpretations of a "real robot" ever
>RUINS it by adding some shitty super robot Green Lantern ripoff plot device

For what fucking reason?
>>
>>14072488
>Implying ninja flippy robot with a knife in its mouth is realistic

fuck off you delusional retard.
>>
>>14072488
>Make one of the best interpretations of a "real robot" ever
>a 10 ton humanoid robot jumping hundreds of metres into the air in atmosphere is realistic
Even the Gundam is more "realistic" man
>>
>>14072500
It's half the size of the Gundam and half the weight so that makes it more feasible.
>>
File: disgusted saint.jpg (58 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
disgusted saint.jpg
58 KB, 550x550
>>14072512
I don't know how to respond to this
>>
>>14072488
The robots work on a magical black box of handwaveium. Don't fucking kid yourself.
>>
>>14072488
All the Lambda Driver does is make forcefields with thought. The only big difference between it and something like a Pinpoint Barrier (Macross) or Distortion Field (Nadesico) is that it has ranged attack ability, which it rarely used anyway. Even then, it's terrible compared to those two because it isn't automated and can't be maintained for long without overheating the AS. It's rarely used as a plot device like Trans Am.
>>
File: implying.png (1 MB, 1012x1052) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
1 MB, 1012x1052
>>14072488
>real robot
>literally only was able to be created by notNewtypes using technology that shouldn't exist
>>
>>14072512

And a fifty foot tall troll is more feasible than a dragon, doesn't make either of them not fantastical bullshit.
>>
>>14072512
My dick is a fraction of that but if it's dragging me around at six times the speed of sound and doing jumping jacks on the Eiffel Tower then I'd consider it less realistic. That is, realistic, not feasible, because nobody mentioned feasible.
>>
File: tumblr_nvifetYQ1O1uq1d2lo1_400.gif (941 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvifetYQ1O1uq1d2lo1_400.gif
941 KB, 400x302
>wants realism in a robot that has a knife attached to its mouth

>wants realism in a story where random girls has super-secret and advanced information hidden in their brains

>wants realism in a series where one of the key plot points is that the protagonist frequently conceals and shoots firearms in a Japanese high school setting but is not arrested for it
>>
>>14072520
What game is that?
>>
>>14072518
I don't remember pinpoint barrier being used to sharpen swords or negate gravity.
>>
>>14072532
The pinpoint barrier is powered by the fold system which works via fold waves which have done everything from FTL travel to granting people telepathic communication.
>>
>>14072532
VF-25/27s have pin point combat knives.
>>
>>14072532
>sharpen swords

Force field wrapped around a blade

>negate gravity

It doesn't "cancel gravity", it just creates a counterforce. Basically a bunch of force fields to hold it together/push it off the ground.

>pinpoint barriers

Maybe not with pinpoint barriers (though it's been a while since I've seen much of it being used in Macross), but distortion fields from Nadesico did the exact same thing. Aestevalis use them to sharpen all of their weapons and hits/punches, and the ship they're on (Nadesico) is structurally reinforced with distortion fields from the interior compartments so it can tank missiles without being blown apart.

Once again, only unique ability of Lambda Driver is ranged attack, and even that requires an object to be manipulated (i.e. bullets), and the only time someone managed to literally shoot a force field was Leonard and his Belial at the very last fight.
>>
File: gai-super-upper.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
gai-super-upper.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>14072557
And yes, the distortion field is where the "Gai Super Upper" came from.
>>
>>14072557
What about the whole "super speed" ability?
>>
>>14072580
Force fields pushing on joints like a rag doll.

Hell, that's how the Turn A Gundam and other Moonrace MS moved their limbs, using I-Fields. They could also use them to sharpen their weapons and make barriers and counter the goddamn Moonlight Butterfly with it.

Lambda Driver is nothing special. The Arbalest could be easily beaten by an Aesti or Sumo, both of which are just grunts.
>>
>>14072557
How about Sousuke's Rainbow Punch?
>>
>>14072599
Kyoani wanting to make it look more dramatic.

Venom's generator exploding probably also had something to do with it.
>>
>>14072590

So are you arguing that FMP is realistic or what?
>>
>>14072607
No, just that Lambda Driver isn't some super special power-up plot device like what OP is trying to imply. It's no Trans-Am.
>>
>>14072614

So we can agree that OP is stupid and incorrect with both of his assertions, then.
>>
>>14072590
>The Arbalest could be easily beaten by an Aesti or Sumo, both of which are just grunts.

Not sure if that's a fair comparison when both of those could one-shot battleships with their bare hands.
>>
>>14072604
I just don't think forcefields have anything to do with the punch phasing through someone harmlessly and exploding the mech behind it in a rainbow explosion of color.
>>
>>14072590
>>14072633
Also, it's about context. In the world of FMP, the Arbalest and its upgraded form is the only "good guy" who has a Lambda Driver, so every time Sousuke uses it he looks OP as fuck and every other schmuck in an M9 always look like cannon fodder compared to even a Codarl or Beheamoth just because they don't have any Lambda Drivers.
>>
>>14072635
The whole rainbow explosion is just there to look pretty. It doesn't even appear that way in Sigma or anywhere else in the comic or the rest of the show.

>>14072644
Context is one thing, but saying that it makes Arbalest or any other LD-equipped mech some god-mode monster like Zeorymer is absurd.
>>
>>14072650
>Context is one thing, but saying that it makes Arbalest or any other LD-equipped mech some god-mode monster like Zeorymer is absurd.

Lambda Driver is super OP in SRW though. But then again, SRW is never consistent with power levels.
>>
>>14072650
Still doesn't explain away that it is some top tier bs
>like Zeorymer is absurd
how so?
>>
>>14072668
>Still doesn't explain away that it is some top tier bs

All he did was smack the Venom with a force field at point blank. Like with any for field, he doesn't need to physically touch him to get it through. The pretty colors were just there because it's supposed to look "badass", as generic as it is.

>Zeorymer
Have you seen the OVA? Motherfucker can make literally everything around it explode and disintegrate with the force of 100 nukes just by fistbumping itself and its chest.
>>
>>14072488
You're retarded
>>
>>14072520
Which game,anon?Seems fun
>>
>>14072530
>>14072726

Steel Strider

I never played it so not sure if its fun or not
>>
>>14072775
Holy shit game no where to be found.
>>
>>14072783
by the means of pirate raiding i.e.
>>
>>14072518
Mass removal.
Super AP rounds.
Vector teleportation for some chi strikes.
>>14072527
You forgot time and multiverse shaenigans.
>>14072532
It does work as bludgeon too.
>>14072557
>>14072557
My interpretation was it is literally wish making machine, like portable version of fate manipulation enginen from escaflowne. Pure force field wouldn't be so hard for Sousuke to use, as its principle is simple enough for that blockhead to imagine.
Also, wasn't Laevatein literally hold in one piece by it's lambda drive during final fight?
>>14072614
Trans am itself isn't special, after-effects of particles are.
>>14072633
If LD is forcefield/telekinetic manipulation only, then yes. But both AL and Sousuke achieved things that can't be easily explained by that theory. Other interpretation is viable option.
>>14072650
Potentially. Sousuke lacks imagination for that and AL is a troll.
>>14072650
Multiple chemicals burning.
>>
>>14072839
>Also, wasn't Laevatein literally hold in one piece by it's lambda drive during final fight?
Nope. It wasn't maintained properly due to lack of spare parts but it's still good enough for a few more sorties. You're probably confusing it with its use of the Demolition Gun which requires the use of LD so it won't blow apart due to the tremendous recoil it produces after firing.
>>
>>14073002
The one time he uses the Demolition Gun without LD I believe the Laevatein flies like 10 meters back and its arm rips off.
>>
>>14072839
>Potentially. Sousuke lacks imagination for that and AL is a troll.

Leonard is the Whispered who knew best how to use the LD and the best he could do was get the AS to float. No Arsmlave is going to pulling non-stop Meiou's out of their ass anytime soon.
>>
>>14072557
The YF-19 and YF-21 had the pinpoint barrier punches as well, so I guess that's similar to the Aesti uppercuts.
>>
File: distortion-field-punch.png (397 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
distortion-field-punch.png
397 KB, 720x540
>>14072557
>Aestevalis use them to sharpen all of their weapons and hits/punches

Is there any reason why they needed those distortion field-piercing spears later on? Their own distortion fields are strong enough to cut through others already.
>>
>>14073954
The spears don't just rip through distortion fields, they completely nullify them. Even if it is temporary. Not to mention that they probably use up less energy.
>>
>>14072488
>>Make one of the best interpretations of a "real robot" ever

It's the exact same shit as a Gundam but half the size, what's so "real" about it?
>>
>>14073732
If it weren't for how OP SRW makes the Lambda Driver look, people wouldn't be hyping it up at all. It's pathetically weak compared to other power sources like Getter Rays or Spiral Energy.
>>
>>14072518
>Trans Am
>Plot
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.