[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /m/ like Beast Wars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: Beastwarsmaxgroup.jpg (101 KB, 787x595) Image search: [Google]
Beastwarsmaxgroup.jpg
101 KB, 787x595
Does /m/ like Beast Wars?
>>
File: dinobot_by_tgping-d8xlsom.jpg (111 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
dinobot_by_tgping-d8xlsom.jpg
111 KB, 600x927
I do.
>>
Waspinator a best.
>>
>>14067943
hell yes
>>
>>14067943
The fuck is Airazor doing? She gonna cuck Tigatron with the kong dong?
>>
>>14067943
What are their Gen 1 equivalents of each Beast Wars character?

I see Rhino as Iron Hide, Rat Trap as Bumblebee, Cheetas as Prowl.
>>
>>14068054
Dinobot was the best there ever was
>>
File: Beast Wars Megatron.png (378 KB, 521x348) Image search: [Google]
Beast Wars Megatron.png
378 KB, 521x348
>>14067943
Yes.
>>
>>14068101
Next Masterpiece?
>>
>>14068084
>Rat Trap as Bumblebee, Cheetas as Prowl
How the fuck did you figure that? Cheetor is obviously the Bumblebee homage, dunno how you got Prowl out of him.
>>
>>14067943
Fuck yes
>>
File: 1996_1397426671.jpg (158 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1996_1397426671.jpg
158 KB, 1000x1000
>>14068885
Nt that anon, but I always figured that when the BW toys where being designed as a G2 continuation, certain characters where sculpted to be G1/G2 characters. Cheetor's headsculpt definitely resembles Prowl's(as Dinobot's resembles Grimlocks, who he actually got repainted to).

that said, drawing equivalents between G1 and BW is a but vague. the show writers weren't aware of G1 much at first so any similarities can be chalked up more towards cartoon archetypes in general. Rhinox is the "big guy" like Ironhide, but he's mostly introspective and spends time in the base towards the end. Cheetor is vaguely the young brash kid like Hot Rod, or kid appeal like Bumblebee, but if anything the show writers went out of their way to humiliate him rather than show him as cool; he was really kind of a dork. I just think of that scene from the Agenda where he's so afraid of jumping in to the fight Silverbolt has to push him out Ravage's spacecraft; and then he fails to ignite his rockets in time and he ends up getting knocked out in probbaly the second most important battle in the series.

And Rattrap is interesting because he's so unlike most hero characters. He's pessimistic and cowardly, yet at the same time he isn't just played for comic relief, he's probably one of the most effective fighters on the team, and when he has a chance to lead he does a great job of it. I think that's one of the interesting things about BW; how they subverted a lot of stock character beats and did its own thing.
>>
>>14067943
Damn Dinobot looks big there. Somebody really fucked up the sizing
>>
>>14069083
Not really, in the show Dinobot was always the tallest.
>>
>>14067943
I could never get into it. The CGI just didn't gel with me, and I must admit I was always a bit of a GEEWUN-er as a kid. I needed that classic theme song, and I couldn't deal with Optimus Prime not being a truck, and I just didn't like Dinobot at all, lazy naming aside.

Even trying to put my biases to the side, I think the slot in the mouthplate looks utterly stupid.
>>
Megatrons transform is one of my favorites ever.

Dat spinnin tail arm for wompin niggas
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 236x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 236x432
>>14068077

I think it's supposed to be an homage to the Leia being at Luke's leg thing in the original Star Wars poster? I've seen that pose done a lot with the token girl character in group shots.
>>
File: unreasonableness.png (365 KB, 694x387) Image search: [Google]
unreasonableness.png
365 KB, 694x387
>>14069170
Everything you think and like is wrong.
>>
>>14069206
I think it's a more old-timey fantasy art thing, the lady clinging to the leg of the big tough barbarian.

In the Star Wars poster, Leia isn't actually clinging to Luke's leg, like most of the references to the pose have.
>>
>>14069246

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I couldn't find any good pictures, but yeah, it's mostly prevalent in older fantasy works, and I think I've seen a Star Wars poster do it too, probably a fan art IIRC.
>>
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=799184

It's finally here!
>>
File: 35a.png (83 KB, 162x248) Image search: [Google]
35a.png
83 KB, 162x248
>>14068077
Obviously.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.