[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patlabor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (512 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
512 KB, 1200x1200
Where do I start?
What should I watch?
Is it all worth my time?
>>
>>14065036
Start anywhere.
Seriously, you can't go wrong, it's all great.
>>
>>14065050
good to hear, thanks. Should I do the manga or the anime?
>>
(G_P) or [-__-']?
>>
>>14065070

Well unless you speak Italian I think your options are limited

Just go for the first OVA. It's the shortest and will give you the idea
>>
>>14065098
>[-__-']
This one for the TV series. He used the US BDs which were substantially better quality than the Japanese ones.
>>
>>14065036
>Where do I start?
Patlabor The Movie. Some people will object to that because "the OVA comes first", but the movie is much more entertaining, and stands up perfectly well on its own. Really the OVA has the feel of a prequel made for a pre-existing body of work, like an origin story for characters you are already familiar with. It's a little dry, and very loosely plotted.

>What should I watch?
All of it.

>Is it all worth my time?
Yes.
>>
Unless there's 1 series/movie you want to see specifically, go production order. Always always always production order. I don't understand how people don't know this by now.

Just met a dude that says the best way to watch Eva is Death, then Rebuild 1, then episodes 9-24, then End of Eva. The fuck is wrong with people?
>>
>>14067042
He was probably joking.

We all know the best way to see EVA is 25' and 26', then 1-4, then episodes 13, 15 and 17, then episodes 5 - 12, then 14, 16, and 18, followed by watching 25' and 26' again, then 3.33, then 19 - 24. Then you marathon Death and Rebirth, EoE, Rebuilds 1 and 2 in one sitting. Following that, you bitch about 3.33 for no reason on 4chan.
The true EVA experience.
>>
>>14067042
>Just met a dude that says the best way to watch Eva is Death, then Rebuild 1, then episodes 9-24
Good
>then End of Eva
Not EoTV

Where the fuck do these shitters come from, man.
>>
>>14067042
But Patlabor is a series where it makes much more sense to watch one continuity at a time. People always get incredibly confused over what is canon to what for some reason.
>>
>>14065036
Watch everything except for Movie 2 and 3, unless you view yourself as an edgy retard.
My favorite part of the series is the OVA, but the TV series isn't bad either.
The first movie isn't entirely enjoyable, but the action (which, admittedly, takes more than half the movie to begin) is great.
I'd start with the OVA.
>>
Does anyone have subs of the Live action? If so, is it worth watching?
>>
>>14065036
there are 2 chronologies, watch both

OVA 1 (Early Days) -> Movie 1 -> Movie 2 -> Movie 3

TV -> OVA 2

can't say anything about the original manga, mini-pato and the live action show, never watched/read them
>>
>>14067042
>Always always always production order. I don't understand how people don't know this by now.

Because for some odd reason, people want to enjoy franchises with the minimal effort possible. So they assume that the easiest way to do this is to watch modern stuff and avoid older stuff because they may not like it and don't want to waste time.

But what they don't realize is the older stuff is usually better, the stories make more sense if you watch them from the beginning, and you will catch references to older works in newer stuff.
>>
>>14072102
that doesn't make sense, that just means they would watch the newer stuff and not bother asking what to watch at all
>>
>>14072110
Oh you'd be suprised. People ask, but then they don't follow through with because the don't want to "wait to get to the good stuff" (or at least what they THINK is the good stuff). 'm sure we'll reach the point where people will ask if they can just watch The Origin instead of 0079.

Hell, we are reaching the point where people just want to watch the Rebuilds instead of the EVA TV series.
>>
>>14072603
>Hell, we are reaching the point where people just want to watch the Rebuilds instead of the EVA TV series.
No no no, that can't be true, can it?
>>
>>14072608
Most of them seem to be shitposters, but it's true.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.