[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: gundam_ibo_stream.jpg (258 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gundam_ibo_stream.jpg
258 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
File: IBO (3).png (669 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IBO (3).png
669 KB, 1280x720
never got to see Guts 100 Graze slaughter fight
>>
>>14064322
Ein Graze not being the hero suit that one
>>
>>14064351
As if it would even look good, the animation was garbage
>>
>>14064322
no laser spams
>>
Nagai Space.
>>
>>14064363
No, he said what went WRONG, not what went right.
>>
>>14064322
/m/ got hyped thinking this would be Ace Combat Zero with Gundams, what they got was a bunch of rookie animators and Okada delivering mediocrity.

Also since /m/'s full of shitposters who are desperate to quote /tv/ /v/ and /a/ memes that only make sense to them, every thread is full of this shit.

There, there's your answer even though I know you're just going to spam this line until S2 comes around and you can whine about that too.
>>
>>14064322
Pretty much anything after Akihiro's brother died. And that's being generous already.
>>
>>14064370
No, that went wrong too, especially when the ballistic weapons don't make a lick of sense and you have really shitty melee weapons that are somehow made of adamantium, but not the mobile suit armor.
>>
>>14064369
I fucking wish, man.
>>
Entire thread: Samefag that's been trying to burn the show since BEFORE it aired.
>>
>>14064322
Orga didn't fuck the milf.
>>
>>14064322
Kudelia
>>
>>14064363
Even if there are no beams it would make sense to use napalm on MS and cook the pilot rather than shoot them with useless ballistic weapons.
>>
timeslot forced already shitty writers to over shit their shit to make it fit the kiddy time
>>
more like Iron Blooded Borephans, lol
>>
File: fallenBarbatos.jpg (237 KB, 1357x659) Image search: [Google]
fallenBarbatos.jpg
237 KB, 1357x659
>>14064322

most honest reply:

--Pacing was slow
--Bad Plot choices/character direction
--Animation had less detail in favor of flow, and it ended up being called out by westerners.

to be honest, ep's 1-8 are pretty good...
and, oddly, the addition of Carta proved a whole new direction, with more battles (though at the cost of character competency) and led into the edmonton bash rather nicely....
>>
Less than you think

But more than hoped
>>
Mikazuki is dull and boring
Replace him with M.D Geist and the show would be ten times better because he has a passion for murder. You could get some drama going between the MC and the rest of Tekkadan over his lack of qualms over killing. Maybe some internal conflict over how he realises he loves killing instead of just
>whatever lol
>>
>>14064573
>Animation had less detail in favor of flow, and it ended up being called out by westerners.
Gonna have to call you out on this one. Yes, stuff was usually happening but scenes did not "flow" into each other well. Hell, mecha even moved between shots so the protagonists could line them up and knock them down easier. It was never individually as bad as the Hygogg v 2 GM Cold Districts but it happened quite a few times. The scenes themselves had movement but the fights were fairly stilted.

I'd say the first 3 episodes were surprisingly good, up until "hey let me tell you about my long-lost brother" were passable, and up until re-entry were consistently bad due to one issue or another each episode. Re-entry wasn't great, the Earth battle had lots of problems, and then it was back to passable until the last episode, which was somewhat worse.

All in all it was boring, which was aggravating, but usually not outright offensive like some other series. The offensive things are pretty much kept in the "bad" area and didn't leak out to the "passable" parts.

Anyway it's basically what I expected from a character-focused Gundam in the hands of the AnoHana team, but it still strangely felt like they had to fill time between battles. Weird, but I hope that Part 2 will not repeat the mistakes of the first. But who am I kidding, this is Sunrise.
>>
>>14064465
Or, instead of one bogeyman who doesn't like the show, people just don't like it?

Ibofags everyone.
>>
Since the first season is over now, did anyone get around to calculating the show's average ratings?
>>
>>14064351
never got to see him do much at all.
>>
>>14064573
>to be honest, ep's 1-8 are pretty good...

I dropped it at episode 1 because it was pure shit
>>
Mika would be dope if he wasn't a manlet and was a bit more edgier.
>>
>>14064322
spess
>>
>>14064663
We're still missing everything after episode 20.
>>
File: 1455985901354.jpg (146 KB, 950x670) Image search: [Google]
1455985901354.jpg
146 KB, 950x670
>>14064701
Why did they make him a manlet? One could said is due to his childhood, but everyone else is normal or bigger than average
>>
>>14064740
Younger, more whiskers, stunted growth probably.
>>
>>14064686
It looked cool when he pulled out his extra arms
>>
>>14064322
Shitting up /m/ with this fucking thread for the millionth time.
>>
Guts should have been the protag, not Mika.
>>
>>14064322
Caricature looking pirates weren't even formidable as they were meant to be.
Guts' kid brother dumb death.
Pedophile guy killing no one.
No named character died during the pirate arc and they want us to feel their remorse.

No formidable opponent until Graze Ein but was only mid boss tier.

Biscuit's death was dumb and they expect us to feel something.

Graze Ein did not kill anyone.
>>
>>14065007
>Graze Ein was only mid boss tier
And he was defeated at the show's midpoint.
>>
>>14065026
Pottery
>>
>>14064628
I didn't know I actually wanted that. Shit would have been awesome.
>>
>>14065026
Just like Graham in 00. Which means Ein will return as Mister Robotto in S2.
>>
>>14064322
Well, it has is flaws...but i still like it. Mostly cause its a diferent gundam story and no UC shit all over again (i like UC but i want somting new) Also the mech desing are pure sex in IBO
>>
Despite how /m/ hates everything new here's my honest opinion on its flaws.
-Kudelia fucking tanks the "hot blooded orphans fuck the system" plotline episodes 1 - 3 make us believe the show is gonna be about
-Mech battles were inconsistent and few fights happened between episodes 8 - re entry
-Did I mention Kudelia? She not only gets a bunch of people killed and does nothing but whine. Yet we as the audience are expected to find her strong and believe she carries the same weight/sins as the orphans
All that being said, I enjoyed the show and can't wait for season 2. Mika and Atra (the most believable character) carry the show along with the god tier suit designs.
>>
>>14064322
Okada.
>>
>>14064740
Probably aligned vagina surgeries fucked his spine.
>>
>>14064411
He isn't talking about Go Nagai though, he is talking about teh Nagai who butchers whatever he is working because he is a fucking faggot
>>
>>14064573
Nah, there was no flow in it, they just kept crashing each scene into another
>>
No Harem anywhere.
>>
>>14064322
Biscuit died too early
>>
>>14064322
Made exclusively by incompetent people.
>>
>>14064573
>Animation had less detail in favor of flow
What does that even mean?

>and it ended up being called out by westerners
wat
>>
>>14064351
IBO's biggest crime was guts and the gusion not getting a lot of screentime.
>>
>>14064322
Nothing went really wrong, but nothing was remarkable too.

It was incredibly trivial, slow and with very few relevant events.
>>
>>14065519
IBO's Nagai already had a reputation for his adaptations. IBO does the same stuff, just with having source material to butcher. The Japanese refer to the problem's with his direction as Nagai Space or Clover field.
>>
>>14064322
Mikazuki was a lame protagonist. Too many other characters stole the spotlight instead of giving him some actual plot to participate in.
>>
>>14066077
It's a wonder that the industry still bothers to let him keep his job, given that.
>>
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Cloverfield
>>
They killed best girl, Dropped the show immediately after I found out she died. Gundam has a bad habit of killing off my favorite girls, Excluding GBF, and Seed oddly.
>>
>>14066635
Don't worry they shat on her character before she died.
>>
>>14066663
I know that I read the spoilers I'm still upset. But I'm an overemotional bitchboy anyway.
>>
>>14064573
>flow
0079 had flow. This didn't..
>>
>>14064322
Nothing.
>>
>>14064740
>poor, mistreated, most likely malnourished orphans
>almost all of the 16 - 19 year olds are over 180cm

The only one whose height makes sense is Mika.
>>
>>14066715
Well, they all should be giants unless Mars gravity was adjusted to be Earth Normal.
>>
>>14064740
makes him more likeable to manlets like myself
>>
>>14064322
Some HOT opinions are coming in boys. Come get it.

-Slow pace without much to show for it.
-Unrelateable and shallow characters. Most people are mustache twirling caricatures that just want to murderapefuck "those meddling orphans and stupid kudelia-doo too".
-More specifically the peace Princess who wants to deregulate halfmetals has an assassination plot several years in the works before her first training bra set against her and turns out she's just your average ignorant bourgeoisie bleeding heart with no world view and gets spoonfed her entire ideal while everyone occasionally passes around the idiotball. Utterly ridiculous given her circumstances, background and the time frame it takes place in.
-Poor fight choreagraphy and shabby animation. What was the point of Akihiro, Lafter and Azee ever sortieing? Ever? They just shoot at nothing 70% of the time then get one cut of them doing something cool, maybe.
-Doesnt explore or make use of its setting, set pieces are mostly space you see little of anywhere else outside of a couple rooms and a panning shot of a structure.
-Too much time spent on pointless monologue doing nothing but reiterating the same point.
-Despite the focus on no beam weaponry to avoid 1HKO's specifically(reveal event stream IIRC), most people die in one hit anyway so there's not much difference. Guns are useless unless you're Mika or a Dort colonist in a rigged mobilesuit, latter case they work against you extremely well even at range.
- They introduce very interesting ideas and themes but the show only dips its toe in it before pulling out because its too deep.

Overall 6/10 its watchable but if it didnt try so hard to come off as serious and mature it wouldnt fall flat on its face. Polite sage because of incoming (You)'s I won't be replying to. Have fun shitposting.

I'll see you guys when S2 airs.
>>
>>14066152

It all depends on how big the backlash against the issue is. The symptoms of Cloverfield are problems with his work, but are they deal breakers to the general public? If yes, and a project he's attached to crashes and burns because of those issues then his career is gone. If they're minor annoyances, he'll still find work.

Think of it like Gundam SEED Destiny. A lot of people will say that the problems the series suffered are all present in the original Gundam SEED, and some will extend it further into Fukuda's time with Cyber Formula (mostly the later OVAs). They were all there beforehand and people complained, but it was only the backlash against Destiny that put a hold on Fukuda and his wife's careers.
>>
>>14066909
I didn't like it as much as you did for the reasons you mentioned.

>- They introduce very interesting ideas and themes but the show only dips its toe in it before pulling out because its too deep.

Could you elaborate?
>>
>>14066777
Too bad the show never displayed this at all. I was hoping for some bouncing orphans in the first couple episodes.
Plus they should be getting crushed in Earth's weight.
>>
>>14066909
>More specifically the peace Princess who wants to deregulate halfmetals has an assassination plot several years in the works before her first training bra set against her
As far as I can tell, Fumitan was just the assistant until recently, when they wanted Kudelia dead. Obviously they've always had something to hang over her head ("we saved you from poverty, we can send you back" probably) so they used it.

The show has plenty of problems already, no need to invent more.
>>
>>14067054
Also the related health concerns due to living in those conditions.

Not to mention effects of malnutrition on their brain development combined with a lack of stimulation in early years combined with being brainwashed in military servitude should leave them being more likely dogmatic and stupid than Gjallarhorn.
>>
>>14067073
Yeah much like you inventing reasons for Fumitan to assassinate her.
>>
The show is all fluff, no fluff is cute like Nene's hair the show is like gruel. The brewer arc was all filler, the Mafia was just to give some fodder which they pussies out on killing and most of the crew have no personality outside of slightly rebellious occasionally hot blooded child/teenager who can go nani when someone else is hot blooded.

But worst of all the dialogue is just complete nothing. For most of the show it is either repeating itself or just drivel to keep a scene going on. I never use to understand how someone could browse facebook or tumblr while watching a subtitled show but this I physically could not just watch as there was so little information being fed to me in these long dull scenes. It has little sparks where it is kinda funny, usually the rare occasion Mika runs personality.exe while in the gundam to say something dumb but that's about it. And then out of no where it will add a really out of place cringy anime scene like when giving Kudelia a kissu which makes her jump back (that was a plot point which went no where). I actually think that each episode is in fact half an episode, if you look at two episodes you can see they generally follow the flow of most gundam shows but have been pulled apart with nothing to fill.

It is one of the most boringly bad things I've every watched. There isn't even much to learn from it, the show is just badly written.
>>
File: QUALITY FIGHTING.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY FIGHTING.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>14064573
>to be honest, ep's 1-8 are pretty good..
>>14064643
>I'd say the first 3 episodes were surprisingly good
People say this but you can pretty much levy all the criticism people give at it

The pacing is very slow, stilted exposition, bland/stupid/annoying characters, really stupid plot points and bad animation. People just forgave it as initial episode build up
>>
>>14064383
It's basically the same as medieval warfare in this sense. The weapons work because they're made beefier than you could practically armor. Alternately, you could go for the weakpoints in the armor. They use both techniques in this anime and often attacks don't do anything but rattle the pilots precisely because they can't breach the armor.
>>
>>14064322
only a fifth of the episodes had anything going on
the shit going on was drawn like shit
>>
File: 1459178892118.png (660 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1459178892118.png
660 KB, 854x480
>>14067365
>The weapons work because they're made beefier than you could practically armor.

Except for the Katana and Rapiers that were used really didn't need to focus on weak points.

Alternatively if you are going for weapons for blunt force trauma explosive projectiles would do a much better job than the mace.

>often attacks don't do anything but rattle the pilots precisely because they can't breach the armor.
Most mooks just exploded after getting hit. There was no real consistency to that.
>>
File: Crank and Bask om.jpg (45 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Crank and Bask om.jpg
45 KB, 450x300
>>14064322
MUH CRANK
>>
>>14064573
>Animation had less detail in favor of flow

There was no flow at all. You just had occasional shots of Barbados flipping around and then shaky cam out the ass whenever something happened in order to hide that nothing at all was animated. 079 sacrificed animation in favor of flow IBO either had an abysmal budget or had some of the laziest animators ever.
>>
File: 1459117711014.jpg (271 KB, 1280x760) Image search: [Google]
1459117711014.jpg
271 KB, 1280x760
>>14065007
>No formidable opponent until Graze Ein but was only mid boss tier.

Ein was probably the least formidable one of them all. Hell at least Carta managed to kill off Biscuit despite being a fucking idiot who kept thinking Mika would fight honorably even right after smacking one of her men with a club.
>>
File: 55026095_p0.jpg (249 KB, 900x582) Image search: [Google]
55026095_p0.jpg
249 KB, 900x582
>>14067870
I would said Gusion was worse, all he did was run around screaming in fear and the only kill he got was from his own team
>>
>>14064322
The series not being about Birdman and his shenanigans.
>entire series about him being a pedophile and tricking orphans into doing what he wants with the occasional look into the orphans doing things

Would've been amazing
>>
>>14064643
I think the last few episodes were the best along with the first 3. Rest of the show is quite bad.
>>
>>14067449
NIPPON BANZAIII!!!
>>
>>14067992
Gusion should have been a mid boss, but was just a pushover. Carta's killing of biscuit was like a stupid accident as she as a soldier was a joke to begin with. She was only sacrificed by the writer to kill biscuit so to get her killed by Tekkadan's lust for revenge.
>>
File: Nxx2a.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Nxx2a.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>14064322
Tekkadan should have taken Carta along as a maid like Jewdough and co. did to Chara in ZZ.
>>
Pacing. Pacing and asspulls. Setting was nice, characters were, for a anime, okay, fights, when finalky happened, were okay.
Consider it this way, pardon my memes - Aldnoah was exiting in comparision. Hell, starship operators was.
>>
>>14069031
>Aldnoah was exiting in comparision
Aldnoah was much faster paced and, whether you liked them or not, had more fight scenes.

IBO had better protagonists and setting made more sense, but it still was uneventful.
>>
>>14067449
>Except for the Katana and Rapiers that were used really didn't need to focus on weak points.

Most of the time they did. Kudal, the original pilot of the Guison, died from Mika stabbing him through a weakpoint on the cockpit hatch.

Fighting against Ein's final form required both attacking unarmored structural parts and using draw-cut techniques which is more of a sawing attack than your typical axe.

>Most mooks just exploded after getting hit. There was no real consistency to that.

That happens in other gundam animes, not this one. Usually, you see mobile suits taking multiple hits with little effect.
>>
>>14069279
>IBO had better protagonists
Did it though? Did it really?
>>
>>14069301
>That happens in other gundam animes, not this one. Usually, you see mobile suits taking multiple hits with little effect.

In most fights the lack of beam weapons was more aesthetic than anything else.

>>14069309
Mika being a murderous midget was slightly better than a completely autistic one.
Other than that its poorly done manly adolescents vs poorly done out of place schoolgirls.
>>
>>14069279
>had more fight scenes.
Who cares if they're all shit?
>>
>>14069480
Still better than IBO's. At least it has choreography
>>
>>14069309
Don't get facetious with me, Tracy.
>>
>>14069572
Its a trade-off.
Aldnoah had better consistency while always looking kind of ugly, they managed to not let the CG stand out at points in time but it didn't look good.

IBO was all over the place.
>>
>>14069710
>they managed to not let the CG stand out
Oh it did standout.
>>
>>14069758
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>14069301
>attacking unarmored structural
Except that Ein himself said he through armor and frame
>>
>>14064322
Hiring Okada and Nagai.
>>
>>14069309
It didn't.
>>
>>14069572
>it has choreography
No. They were both rubbish in different ways.
>>
>>14064322
>>
>>14071793
If you are just going to say no then don't bother posting.
>>
There was not enough story to carry the show for 25 episodes, so they padded it out with repetitive filler in the hopes people would become attached to it's generic characters.
>>
I really disliked IBO, about a 3/10 but damn if the grazes aren't cool as hell.
Is it ok to buy kits of shows you dislike?
>>
>>14073006
Yes.
>>
>>14067152
>the show is just badly written
Nah, IBO is also poorly directed and poorly produced.
>>
>>14067855
>Graze Ein burning monoeye had more animation than anything else in the show
Explain this.
>>
>>14064322
>What went wrong?

Sunrise didn't give a shit ?
Okada didn't give a shit ?
The animators didn't give a shit ?
The janitors didn't give a shit ?
Do you see a theme emerging...
>>
>>14069309
Not really. Inaho/Asshime were both as shallow yet more competent than their IBO counterparts. Slaine/Sauceburn were better characters than "I've lived in anger, time for exposition" CAWCAW and his stupid friends.
>>
>>14069966
Were probably the only ones they could get to work on it.
>>
>>14073057
>Inaho/Asshime were both as shallow yet more competent than their IBO counterparts.
Not even close
>>
>>14073066
Much more competent.
>>
>>14073069
Nope. Why is that when a show is bad the first thing /m/ does is compare it to an equally bad or worse show?
>>
>>14073071
Have you ever thought that maybe because IBO is just that bad? To me, AZ is bad but still does things better than IBO and has an okay-ish first season. What's the point of comparing a good show to a bad one when it's obvious that one is good and the other is bad? What we're obviously getting at here is that IBO sucks as much as AZ if not worse.
>>
>>14073053

Yea, you don't know shit. Sunrise cared as much as they normally do, maybe a bit more given their investment and you're basing the rest on your own feelings about the end result rather than any indication from the staff, Okada or the janitors.
>>
>>14073066
It was due to poor writing not unlike IBO but they still were absurdly competent at getting what they want done and fast. There may not be much of a difference in Mika and Inaho because neither of them lose but Inaho has had more battles so far.
>>
>>14073094
Different anon, here.
I've never watched AZ, despite it coming so highly recommended by the G-Reco threads. I can't help but notice that you seem to think that your not liking something equates to it being objectively bad. Just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed IBO and easily overlooked its little animation quirks like the cute little QUALITY Atra and the sliding still images that have actually been standard-issue in very nearly every weekly anime in the history of ever. The full-on animation shots outnumber the limited animation shots by quite a large margin and I found Mika and Orga's focused determination a welcome reprieve from the usual "WAAAAAH, WHY MUST I FIGHT?!?!" in almost every other Gundam. They even threw in the one "Won't someone think of the children?" character only to have everyone constantly tell her to shut up.
Plus all the MS designs were awesome, there wasn't a single MS in IBO that I didn't like.

Admittedly, there were a few instances of things just being left wholly unexplained and/or entirely too convenient. Akihiro should have mentioned his brother a couple of episodes before he showed up, not the very same day his brother showed up. Carta's off-screen escape, Gaelio's "What just happened?" when Mikazuki was suddenly in the city fighting Ein, and Mika's teleport escape from what might otherwise have been a kill shot for Ein were all kind of cop-outs from a storytelling perspective. But, like with the animation, these are only a few incidents and the good far outweighs the bad in my opinion.
That is, of course, just my opinion. I'm not going to argue that it's "objectively good" because that's just as stupid as arguing that something is "objectively bad".
Just saiyan.
>>
>>14072069
Downvoted your post.
>>
>>14073145
>They even threw in the one "Won't someone think of the children?" character only to have everyone constantly tell her to shut up.

She did that once. After never having done that previously, mind you.
>>
>>14073145
>"WAAAAAH, WHY MUST I FIGHT?!?!" in almost every other Gundam. They even threw in the one "Won't someone think of the children?" character
AZ had none of that as well as better production values. Not even the peace princess tried to hold back protags from fighting to protect themselves or guilt trip people on muh morals about using child soldiers.
I don't know why they had Merribit suddenly channel her inner Lacus.
>>
>>14073131
>but they still were absurdly competent at getting what they want done and fast.
That has largely to do with pacing not writing in fact Inaho and Asshime doing it so fast has nothing to do with competency just that the show was more poorly written while IBO just drags its feet. For one thing in IBO Mika isn't treated as normal amongst his peers and has actual characterization as little as there is unlike Inaho and Kudelia actually develops unlike Asshime. You're really going to have to try harder.
>>14073094
>and has an okay-ish first season.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>14073199
>AZ had none of that as well as better production values.
Shitty 3D is worse than shitty 2D.
>Not even the peace princess tried to hold back protags from fighting to protect themselves or guilt trip people on muh morals about using child soldiers.
That's exactly what she did to Slaine in S2. Even Kudelia learned not to interfere with the Tekkadan's work.
>>
>>14073179
It happened a couple of times. At least twice, because there was also the scene where she tried to convince Orga to not involve the younger kids, and the younger kids told her to butt out. Pretty sure there were some less overt comments earlier about how she thought children shouldn't have to fight, but as they were less overt I'm not remembering them off-hand.
>>
>>14073201
Mika doesn't have much more characterization than Inaho. His friends react to his autism all the same. Kudelia's development is shit, took over the WHOLE show, detracted from others and was horrible to watch and unbelievable so at the end of the day they are pretty equal in the poor writing department.
>>
>>14073215
>Mika doesn't have much more characterization than Inaho
He does. For one that show heavily emphasizes how broken and insane he is and despite all that he still has a goal in mind once the fighting is over, with Inaho we don't know why the fuck he acts the way he does because the show doesn't bother to focus on him at all and all we have to go by is a shitty side novel.

>Kudelia's development is shit, took over the WHOLE show, detracted from others and was horrible to watch and unbelievable so at the end of the day they are pretty equal in the poor writing department.
That's nice. Now explain why is it bad.
>>
>>14073209
Tekkadan would be the earth forces in AZ S1 who were escorting her to where she needed to go. She doesn't interfere with their work and often times assists them. Slaine married her while unconscious and was trying to take over her kingdom and earth so there's quite a bit of difference there.
>>
>>14073231
>Tekkadan would be the earth forces in AZ S1
Nah they're actually competent for one.

>Slaine married her while unconscious and was trying to take over her kingdom and earth so there's quite a bit of difference there.
Not only is that not true but that wasn't even the reason why he was trying to stop him especially when all he was doing was putting an end to the conflict in his own way.
>>
>>14073145
What? So you're saying IBO is good because you overlooked all of its massive flaws but AZ remains bad? Anon, I can't help but notice that you think you're liking something equates to it being objectively good.

This double standard is so typical of IBO fags.
>>
>>14073224
>For one that show heavily emphasizes how broken and insane
I may be be a different anon but don't fucking lie. Mika is hardly given focus. He can barely be considered an MC with how he slinks in the background or is assigned to suck Kudelia's clit. Inaho IS shit, but Mika isn't far behind.

The show may as well be called Iron Blood Kudelia with how she took it over.She just cycles through the same character points and reiterating the same things until she becomes a blander Lacus that everyone praises for doing nothing impressive. Her final speech was just her acknowledging the obvious and everyone is impressed.
>>
>>14073231
Tekkadan and the Earth forces are completely different, the former are hired mercenaries doing a paid escort mission not because they believe in the cause but because its a job, the Earth forces were fighting a cause and using the Princess power.

Funny thing is that wasn't the reason why she was trying to stop him.
>>
>>14073255
>I may be be a different anon
You're not even trying
>>
>>14073224
>For one that show heavily emphasizes how broken and insane he is and despite all that he still has a goal in mind once the fighting is over

>Orga you will take me to that place right?

>we don't know what place this is supposed to be
>we don't even know who he shot or what the relevance of this flashback was
>Orga and Mika barely interact
>We don't know why Mika is so edgy
Wew
>>
>>14073255
Except his argument was about characterization which Mika has. Truth be told you can give characterization to anyone without focusing on him/her.
>>
>>14073244
Competence aside they served the same purpose as escorts. And really everyone is total shit compared to Mika in the handful of skirmishes they have.
And trying to end it in his own involves the exact same things I detailed. Tekkadan never did anything like that let alone would give a shit so why one earth are you comparing them? The point at the end of the day is that she doesn't fuck around with the earth forces and their missions.
>>
>>14073270
So Inaho has character right?
>>
A lot
>>
>>14073264
>we don't know what place this is supposed to be
>we don't even know who he shot or what the relevance of this flashback was
That's what S2 is for
>We don't know why Mika is so edgy
Grew up in a war torn environment and had to fend for himself. The Brewers arc was essentially what happens to orphans like him.

Admittedly Mika and Orgas lack of interaction is among the biggest fault in this show but what little is there is handled well.
>>
>>14073270

To me they are both shallow and boring. I don't see the point comparing them.
>>
>>14073277
What character?
>>
>>14073289
>That's what S2 is for
Come the fuck on
People were saying this since the 3rd episode that "he'll get fleshed out, just wait!"
And I did, and he's still fucking nothing

>Grew up in a war torn environment and had to
fend for himself.
All the orphans did, what makes him so special and edgy
>>
>>14073276
>And really everyone is total shit compared to Mika in the handful of skirmishes they have.
Everyone jobs to Mika and Bam-Bam.
>>
>>14073276
>Tekkadan never did anything like that let alone would give a shit so why one earth are you comparing them?
You were the one that brought up the comparison to begin with.

>The point at the end of the day is that she doesn't fuck around with the earth forces and their missions.
Except YOU said

>>14073199
>Not even the peace princess tried to hold back protags from fighting to protect themselves or guilt trip people on muh morals about using child soldiers.

Which she did. Last time I checked Slaine was the protag
>>
>>14073289
>War Torn environment

Why do people keep saying that? Did you forget It's Post Disaster era and they said the war ended like a thousand years ago. Anon, your double standard is showing.
>>
>>14073297
>And I did, and he's still fucking nothing
This was before the second season was announced

Not really, some had different living conditions from others and different ways of coping with it, once again the Brewers arc.
>All the orphans did,
>>
>>14073312
Post Disaster era is different from the conflict tyat happened back then you fucking retard.
>>
>>14073305
>You were the one that brought up the comparison to begin with.
No, you were the one who brought Slaine in and compared him to tekkadan. >>14073209
And my point is that she never interfered with the AZ equivalent of escorts from the start. He is a protag but I already detailed why he is COMPLETELY different from tekkadan or AZ's earth forces intentions. >>14073231
>>
>>14073295
I dunno I'm the one asking considering what being said about characters and Mika having it. Going by what he said does that mean Inaho is a character?
>>
>>14073314
A second season doesn't nullify him being shallow as fuck and underutilized for 25 episodes
And yes all the orphans clearly had shit lives, we don't know anything about what makes Mika special and edgy
>>
>>14073305
Slaine is ONE of the protags
Dumb fucking fujo
>>
>>14073319
Exactly what I'm saying retard. Do you not know the meaning of the word "post" being used in the term Post Disaster.
>>
>>14073323
What characterization does Inaho has thats poubted out by the show itself?
>>14073325
I guess Setsuna was a ahit character because the bulk of his development doesn't happen until S2.

Not everyone who had shit lives act the same way, all of then had different living conditions.
>>
>>14073329
>Slaine is ONE of the protags
Tell that to the fucking director or watch the show itself
>>
>>14073334
The point is Mika is supposedly one of the more important orphans/MC but is basically a tertiary character we understand no better than Dantewho
>>
>>14073336
Dumb fucking fujo he said he was the protag of 2nd cour
>>
>>14073320
>you were the one who brought Slaine in and compared him to tekkadan
But I wasn't. You said protags and Slaine is the main one.
>>
>>14073339
>he said he was the protag of 2nd cour
Cool bullshit bro
>>
>>14073343
Cool bullshit sis
>>
>>14073339
>2nd cour
He said the fucking title was in reference to him, so what? He just wasn't the focus in the first cour now?
>>
>>14073342
One of them, but not the equivalents of tekkadan whom neither Kudelia or Asseylum interfered with. If someone tried to use Kudelia's power for something she was against, she would try to stop them. Which is not what tekkadan or Inaho do.
>>
>>14073334
Well since he just described motivations as character traits. I'd say Inaho does have character considering he cares about his friends, wants to stop the conflict and protect his beloved Asshime.
>>
>>14073346
Since the show was fucking announced it has had dual protag
Kill yourself retard
>huuurr it's lelouch of the rebellion so suzaku isn't a protag rite
>>
>>14073350
The Tekkadan isn't the equivalent of the Earth Forces either so I'm not sure what's your point.
>>
>>14073346
>>14073345
>>
>>14073252
>So you're saying IBO is good because you overlooked all of its massive flaws but AZ remains bad?
lol no.
I said I feel that IBO's flaws are being exaggerated and that I have not watched AZ at all. I don't make a habit of having opinions about shows I haven't watched.

And since I made no comment about AZ's quality one way or the other, that "double standard" can go right back up your ass where you pulled it from (right next to your head).
>>
>>14073356
>the people who try to bring the blondie from point A to point B so she can make a speech while protecting her from assailants are not the equivalent

Sure.
>>
>>14073351
>Well since he just described motivations as character traits.
But he didn't, he just said that Mika is broken and insane his motivation doesn't make his characterization because its already fucking there now answer the question.
>>
>>14073360
Hilariously enough that's exactly what the Mars Faction did
>>
>>14073360
>the people who try to bring the blondie from point A to point B so she can make a speech while protecting her from assailants are not the equivalent
Oh you mean that fag they introduced randomly towards the end that did the sane thing?
>>14073354
>dual protag
You can't be dual if one gets all the focus characterization, development and focus.
>>
>>14073361
Broken and insane how? So I should say that Inaho is a calm and collected person and is normally quiet and generous which is the opposite of Mika who people say is "Broken" and "insane"
>>
>>14073374
>Broken and insane how?
Are you for real?
>>
>>14073374
>First episode in a flashback as a kid where he kills someone with a smile
>Third episode whete he attacks Gali
>How he kills Carta and everyone's reaction to it

>HURR DURR HOW IS HE BROKEN AND ISANE

Okay
>>
>>14073374
>So I should say that Inaho is a calm and collected person and is normally quiet and generous
You just described several characters in A/Z
>>
>>14073368
>you can't be dual protag because I'm a fucking faggot
Sure thing landwhale let's disregard what the staff says until it's convenient to your retarded posts
>>
>>14073380
He's asking how INAHO is "broken and insane", sploogie.
>>
>>14073359
Wow "it's flaws are exaggerated". I can simply say this about any show and it'll be objectively good right? Typical IBO fags.
>>
>>14073384
>let's disregard what the staff says
>blatantly disregarding what the director and show itself
Okay
>>
>>14073368
>Oh you mean that fag they introduced randomly towards the end that did the sane thing?
I don't think a guy introduced at the end could be Inaho.
>>
>>14073385
No he's not. And he still hasn't answered the question
>>
>>14073390
I guess this is the part where you pretend to be stupid
>>
>>14073388
>blatantly disregard what the staff says
>blatantly disregard what the director says
>blatantly disregard how the show was introduced and promoted
Okay.
>>
>>14073393
I thought that was your role from the start by changing the goalposts whenever you're cornered.
>>
>>14073388
Oh look the dumb fucking fujo is back
>>
Horrible animation, terribly written characters.
>>
>>14073334

Except we had a lot more insight into Setsuna than we did into Mika at all.

You know, leaving aside the matter of his own personal development with regards to himself and the rest of CB and starting to regain his humanity and all that business, we actually see what made Setsuna so fucked up, and there's that nice little moment early in the show where Setsuna's just sitting on a bench and suddenly he sees the place he's in get torn apart by explosions and gunfire, and it's things like that that give him a little boost.

We don't even know what Mika's deal is. Why don't why he's ruthless, why he's emotionally stunted, shit, we don't even know why he's so dependent on Orga and vice versa, and the only thing we ever got in the entire show that comes close to giving them an initial incident is whatever the hell happened in that alleyway, which is clearly not important, because it was brought up once and never mentioned again.
>>
>>14073394
Basically what you've been doing since the start.
>>14073399
And the irony is you still don't know who I'm referring to
>>
>>14073368
I don't think a character who spends the entire first cour running around like a headless chicken and being completely useless could be considered a protag but you know we can't all make up these arbitrary definitions to suit our tastes
Let's just face the fact that it's a dual protag show
>>
>>14073406

*We don't know why
>>
>>14073407
>Basically what you've been doing since the start.
That's definitely you
>>
>>14073407
>>14073403
>>14073399
>>14073394
>>14073393
Will you two just get a room and fuck already?
Or at least fuck OFF?
>>
File: peeweemovienetflix.jpg (41 KB, 296x220) Image search: [Google]
peeweemovienetflix.jpg
41 KB, 296x220
>>14073414
I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?
>>
>>14073368
>Klancain is a protag
Boy you slaineshitters are rich and keep digging that hole
>>
>>14073408
Well not only is that not true but the definition of the protagonist is one in which the plot is thrown full of course and one who moves it as such which Slaine does and Inaho doesn't and any retard can see that the show spends a hell of a lot more time with Slaine then it does with Inaho who is mainly inconsequential to the whole thing but I guess your idea of a protagonist is one who never develips and eho we aren't given focus on i.e. a glorified plot device. It wasn't a dual protag show the fact that the title is in reference to one character proves this.
>>
>>14073418
You said it not me.
>>
>>14073428

>the title

Aldnoah Zero refers to one character, and not an in-universe concept and a random number?
>>
>>14073380
>>14073382
Isn't it the same since Inaho is literally the opposite of Mika? Inaho is unusually calm despite overwhelming odds and is protective of his friends. Mika is only unusually mad when his friends are in danger and the same could be said about anyone else. Inaho would be pissed if his Hime is in trouble right? So I could say that Inaho is broken but sane character because he can kill no problem and is protective too right?
>>
>>14064322
Political part is pretty weak.
Not enough economics.
>>
>>14073435
Something something the zero is in reference to Slaine returning to zero at the end something something Im a fucking hack. - Aoki
>>
>>14073428
>>14073388
>>14073346
Aoki LITERALLY called Inaho the main character of earth
What is the date of your suicide?
>>
>>14073441
You can.
>>
>>14073441
That makes no fucking sense. No where in A/Z does it state or imply he's broken or insane IN SHOW while in IBO Orga and several characters bring up Mika don't being all there and its shown in his actions and flashbacks.
>>
>>14073447
>on the Terran side
>Terran side
>>
>>14073447
b-b-but muh zero
>>
>>14073447
>Aoki LITERALLY called Inaho the main character of earth
And? You're saying he's a main character and the show focuses on him which it doesn't.
>>
>>14073455
>of earth
Yes you fucking faggot
What now
Are you going to continue to stupidly derail the thread by insisting slaine is the only protag
>>
>>14073453
So he's just a killbot with Nakama as a trigger?
>>
File: 1451630206559.png (970 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451630206559.png
970 KB, 1920x1080
>>14073447
>>14073461
>Terran side
Makes sense given how very little focus and development it recieves
>>
Why is AZ fanbase shitting all over the IBO thread?
Is this some kind of backlash for the G-Reco crowd shit-talking AZ all the time?
>>
>>14073460
I never said that, YOU are the one being a fucking retard and trying to say he isn't an MC
>>
>>14073467
Pretty much. Why do you think /a/ is praising it
>>
>>14073466
>lost argument
>resort to more shitposting

Just kill yourself already.
>>
>>14073468
>I never said that
You did. And he's still not the MC
>>
>>14073466
Damage control is hilarious
>>
>>14073472
>director calls him a main character
>he's not because I say so
Ayy
>>
>>14073470
>lost argument
What argument? You proved that he's a main character on a side that gets little to no focus, you still haven't proved that he's the main character which the argument was about. You haven't even proved that he was the MC of the first cour.
>>14073474
>>14073475
Here's your (you)
>>
>>14073472
>you did
Post it
And remember there are multiple people here so don't fuck it up.
And there are multiple MCs you fucking retard.
>>
>>14073475
>director calls him the main character on the Terran side not the main character
>That means he's important because I say so
Wew lad. You're not getting anywhere
>>
>>14073469
Dunno.
I don't /a/, I only /m/ and occasionally /co/.
I don't care whay /a/ is or is not praising, nor do I care about AZ.
People should make an AZ thread to bicker about AZ.
>>
>>14073476
>You proved that he's a main character on a side
Yes, after your continued to insist he wasn't because MUH DIRECTOR SAID SO with no source. And now we can see he did in fact call him an MC.
There are literally only two sides and both get a good amount of screentime. Keep up the damage control though.
>>
>>14073487
>There are literally only two sides and both get a good amount of screentime.
The fact that you have to lie is hilarious in itself
>>
>>14073481
Where in that post did he argue about importance?
>>
>>14073487
>And now we can see he did in fact call him an MC.
Of the Terran side. You can move goalposts all you want but you're still wrong
>There are literally only two sides and both get a good amount of screentime.
Even people who like A/Z will say this is bullshit
>>
>>14073490
>the person who was caught lying about the director is saying this
Loving every laugh
>>
>>14073490
Funny you should say that when you were the one doing that from the start.
>>
>>14073496
Where did I lie though?
>>14073501
Stop samefagging kid.
>>
>>14073495
>Of the Terran side.
I literally typed "AN". While you were trying to argue he wasn't one at all. I know you clearly are mentally challenged but at least try to follow
>>
>>14073507
>Terran side
>>
>>14073495
Dat damage control
>>
>>14073514
here's your (you)
>>
>>14073505
>Where did I lie though?
The minute you started the retarded discussion about whether or not Inaho was an MC and insisted otherwise.
>>
>>14073522
>an
Nice try faggot
>>
>>14073505
>the person who was caught lying about what the director said is saying this and accusing people of samefag
Loving each and every laugh
>>
>>14073467
Nah, it's just that IBO fags can't stand seeing their show being compared to AZ. They're being in denial about how bad IBO is.
>>
>>14073525
Here's another (you) for ya
>>
>>14073511
>b-but h-he was never called o-one at all!!
>>
>>14073531
Terran sidr
>>
>>14073524
see
>>14073354
Called it a dual protag show and you made up some bullshit to say otherwise
Suicide is your only option
>>
>>14073535
>I-it can't be true ;_;! Aoki never called him a protag!!
>>
>>14073535
Lying piece of shit I hope you are actually having a seizure.
>>
>>14073447
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>14073548
>>14073553
>>14073544
>>14073559

>Terran side
>>
>>14073562
>HE'S NOT AN MC AT ALL GUYS
>>
>>14073562
Yes.
>>
>>14073562
>m a i n c h a r a c t e r
>>
>>14073562
What are you even trying at this point? You faggots were saying Slaine is the only mc and how the director said the same and got BTFO. Just bow out.
>>
>>14073567
>>14073570
>>14073573
>>14073575
>Terran side
>>
>>14073435
Don't bother with anything you see people say about az without a source like >>14073447

80% of the time it's bullshit
I don't know what is wrong with this fanbase
>>
>>14073587
>slaineshitter BTFO
Nostalgic
>>
>>14073587
Good thing we settled that
>>
>>14073587
>shitposting damage control
>>
>>14073611
>>14073616
>>14073618
>Terran side
>>
>>14069966
I blame Nagai more because Okada when there is a good director directing shit competently she can do some good work
>>
>>14064524
Do they even have incendiary weapons in this universe? I honestly can't remember.
>>
>>14073722

They seem to have nothing but physical blades and guns that fire regular ammunition.
>>
I think the problem with this series was that there was too many episodes for so little story. Kinda like the opposite of G-Reco. The pacing just dies, bludgeoned to death by excessive exposition and repetitive character drama.
>>
The fuck is a half-metal?
>>
>>14073727
Maybe no one bothers to develop incendiary weapons because the resources would be better as fuel for ships and MS/Ws?
>>
>>14073722
I remember something about anti-ship napalm.
>>
>>14073745
How would incendiaries affect things that can survive atmospheric re-entry?
They're not even useful against modern armor. The only way they can be used is to starve the oxygen supply to the engines, pointless against things with reactors.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.