[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about Duke Fleed failing to save us from Vegan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
How do you feel about Duke Fleed failing to save us from Vegan invasion? How do you deal being oppressed by Vegans every day?
>>
It's ok Flit killed them all.
>>
>>14061451
But Duke's secret identity is Lockon Stratos
>>
>>14061451
Youtube took down "duke fleed cries like a little bitch". Anybody have a webm of it?
>>
>>14061461
They should make a crossover plot in SRW where Duke Fleed and Flit fight against Vegans United.
>>
>>14061476
And Banjo.

Or Flit tried to kill Banjo because he's a Vegan.
>>
>>14061451
But I am being opressed by Vegans every day, on my normiebook feed with stuff like MEAT IS MURDURR
>>
>>14061451
Was it ever explained why Kouji was reduced to going around in a flying saucer in the show?

Was Mazinger hopelessly outclassed or did they just not care?
>>
>>14061572
Freaking Boss Borot appears in Grendizer and isn't instantly turned into dust. So, yes, the powered Z should have worked just fine.
>>
>>14061578
So it was the writers sidelining Mazinger for no reason at all. Gotcha.
>>
>>14061591
Did you not watch the original series? Mazinger Z is destroyed at the end.
>>
>>14061451
>oppressed by Vegans
Yeah, about that.

>>14061572
It was put in a museum, since evil forces weren't attacking anymore. Not that it matters much, since Barados later hijacked it in a movie anyway.
>>
>>14061597
It's rebuilt in Great.
>>
>>14061578
Because Boss Borot is stronger than Mazinger.
>>
>>14061591
Well, at the time, in Japan, there was this idea that multiple "heroes" (outside of dedicated super hero team stuff) could result in confusing focus and a negative reaction from the audiences.

So, you get Kouji in Grendizer, but they hesitate to allow Kouji to pilot a Mazinger at all outside of a movie to make it clear that he's just a side-kick.

Even years later though, that attitude still had some strength (which is why only one Victory Gundam at a time was allowed to have a Gundam head). Although it was around that time where the attitude was finally dying, with the success of series like Saint Seiya and Samurai Troopers, with strong ensemble cast focus without being actual "teams", eventually leading to things like G Gundam and Gundam Wing in mecha anime.

The Kamen Rider franchise actually has a pretty strong example of how thick headed executives at the time could be about that - Skyrider, which aired in 1979-1980, was initially underperforming, but when they brought back all past heroes, the show became a success, both in ratings and merchandising. And, yet, in spite of that, there remained a large negative view about the show from the industry itself, since the new Kamen Rider couldn't hold the show on his own and it was supposed to be a solo series, but in the end they had past heroes in almost half of the episodes. In fact, the next year, they basically decided to let the next season just tank and stop the franchise again rather than attempting to bring back past heroes once again even though it had worked right before.
>>
>>14061572
So he doesn't pull a Kira Yamato and steal the show from Duke Fleed. I'm still glad we got Kouji to pilot that gay TFO and NotScrander later on. He's still fun to have around, and loved seeing Kouji be a dick to people.
>>
>>14061451
To be brutally honest, things haven't really changed much here.
>>
>>14061801
Kouji was way more likable on Grendizer than he ever was on Mazinger. I'm not sure why, maybe Grendizer had different writers or something
>>
>>14061713
>The Kamen Rider franchise actually has a pretty strong example of how thick headed executives at the time could be about that - Skyrider, which aired in 1979-1980, was initially underperforming, but when they brought back all past heroes, the show became a success, both in ratings and merchandising. And, yet, in spite of that, there remained a large negative view about the show from the industry itself, since the new Kamen Rider couldn't hold the show on his own and it was supposed to be a solo series, but in the end they had past heroes in almost half of the episodes. In fact, the next year, they basically decided to let the next season just tank and stop the franchise again rather than attempting to bring back past heroes once again even though it had worked right before.
To be fair, the otaku subculture was still on diapers so it was expected that a kids show's viewership would be mostly kids, not nostalgic adult men.
>>
>>14061572
Grendizer is stronger than every other Mazinger, so they didn't need him, sahib.
>>
File: 1459220391404.jpg (87 KB, 537x717) Image search: [Google]
1459220391404.jpg
87 KB, 537x717
>>14061572
FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH MAZINGER
NOW
GRENDIZER
IS MY
BEST FRIEND
>>
>>14061971
Probably just trying to be more faithful to the manga
Anime Grendizer definitely looks closer to its manga art than Toeizinger did for manga Z

>>14062020
wasim pls, even if Grendizer is any stronger, it isn't by that much. Kouji or Tetsuya could beat Duke if Duke was having a bad day
>>
>>14061591
It's not for "no reason". When you have a main hero from the past returning, you need to either limit his involvement or nerf him in some way so he doesn't steal the show from the new main hero. In a mecha series, this can be as simple as giving the old hero a worse mecha.
>>
File: grendizer-bromance.jpg (29 KB, 384x260) Image search: [Google]
grendizer-bromance.jpg
29 KB, 384x260
>>14062161
Toei didn't even want Kouji to be the co-protagonist. They want him to be a regular character because Great ratings peaked every time Kouji appeared but they were too afraid of Kouji overshadowing Duke. Hell, Nagai had to fight against Toei execs for Kouji's role despite Toei was the one who insisted with making Daisenso/Grendizer into the third entry of the Mazinger franchise
>>
>>14061485
time to go full genocide mode
>>
>>14062129
Wasim doesn't care about Grendizer anymore. He's doing more religious things these days.
>>
Man, if only this overall mindset of not wanting the old hero be the most important still existed by GSD.
>>
>>14062388
If that was the case then why not just make another Mazinger starring Kouji as the mc?
>>
>>14062458
It's a joke.

No one gives a shit about what the real Wasim is doing right now.

His name will be forever attached to Grendizer fanwank whether he likes it or not.
>>
File: Grendizer.jpg (178 KB, 1024x729) Image search: [Google]
Grendizer.jpg
178 KB, 1024x729
>>14062762
Because a new hero mean new toys. Same reason why we have new sentai and riders every year. The formula was still on diapers back then
>>
>>14061473
Oh man, that's awful. That video made me laugh every time I saw it.
>>
>>14061713
>that attitude still had some strength (which is why only one Victory Gundam at a time was allowed to have a Gundam head).

>What is ZZ

>What is Gundam team
>>
>>14064353
ZZ is a pretty big oddity overall - like a new show starting without a new main robot until episode 10 or so.
>>
>>14061451

Eat meat right in front of their faces
>>
I'm kinda glad we got Grendizer instead of the other two Mazingers in Romania in the early 90s. Grendizer had more gadgets, so he was much cooler to watch.

He's the main reason I played SRWD 7 times back in the day. Duke was the first to reach the kill count cap.
>>
File: CRYING.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CRYING.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>14061473
>>
File: SAD SPIN.webm (169 KB, 224x194) Image search: [Google]
SAD SPIN.webm
169 KB, 224x194
>>
>>14066195
>I'm kinda glad we got Grendizer instead of the other two Mazingers in Romania in the early 90s.
Tell us more of Eastern European robot culture.

One time somebody told us one of their parents' story of all the kids in their tiny South American village gathering around the one black and white tv anybody had to watch Mazinger each week.
>>
>>14066432
Nah, it was more like they aired the Japanese version with a Russian-style voice-over (i.e. without removing the old sound) on TVR1, the state TV channel. That being said, this was already after all the crazy shit that happened after the Revolution (I was 6 months old when Ceausescu got killed on live TV).

We also got Voltron, Macron One and the Gobots (the last of which aired on Cartoon Network). We later got Beast Wars on HBO, too.

But yeah, people don't really remember it, since it aired around the same time as Sailor Moon.
>>
File: Vegan_Police.jpg (32 KB, 720x387) Image search: [Google]
Vegan_Police.jpg
32 KB, 720x387
>>14061451
Fucking Vegans, man...
>>
>>14061971
He probably, you know, grew up or something.

Crazy, right?
>>
>>14061473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Geb8woB1k
Since I just watched that episode, I uploaded it in case people need it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.