[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frame Sharing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: BANM151204.png (252 KB, 484x622) Image search: [Google]
BANM151204.png
252 KB, 484x622
One thing that I liked about Gundam IBO is its frame sharing aspect in which a versatile frame could be utilised for at least a decade and be used to produce multiple visually different designs.

This is in opposition to earlier real robot shows where merchandising agendas forced shows like Gundam to have Zaku, Gouf, Dom and Gelgoog lines, which were justified by in universe competition of weapon companies and fast rapid development.

I personally prefer one frame/weapon that could last at least a decade/technological generation to show how reliable and valuable the design is.

Other franchises which utilises one primary frame per faction include:

Gundam 00 - Flag, Tieren, GN-X, Gadessa
Five Star Stories
Aldnoah Zero - Slephnir and Areion

Aviation based ones such as Macross and Muv-Luv are similar, but they tend to have one airframe per decade and upgraded internally, not externally, hence they are visually identical Though one notable example of internal frame/silhouette sharing and external minor change cross generation is the Su-27>Su-37>Su-47 progression.

Are there any other /m/ franchises that uses frame sharing?
>>
日本製は目からビームが出ません

Fallout4の中ボスロボ?
>>
>>14061033
Yeah Fallout 4 would probably count with the power armor.

Not the most lore friendly from past games but I think the concept it's self, unfriendly to lore as it is, is a cool one.

I assume that's what you're talking about in Fallout 4, google translate is iffy.
>>
File: Y024089982.jpg (68 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
Y024089982.jpg
68 KB, 600x396
>>14061012
don't forget how in Gundam Wing, 99% of all mobile suits are descended from the Tallgeese(and the few that aren't like the Gundams are created by the people who designed the Tallgeese in the first place so they're still related)
>>
>>14061012
Having a universal frame is boring and is restrictive, though. It's kind of the same concept as the F-35. You can't build a machine to effectively fulfill every combat role. This is what made Zeon's mobile suits especially great--they were built for a purpose.

For example, the Z'Gok was built for amphibious warfare, the Gouf for close quarters combat, and the Dom for fast-striking blitzkreig tactics. Their tactical advantages would probably be too great over a general purpose mech.
>>
FMP has quite a bit of frame sharing between the main faction's mecha. The Arbalest, Falke, and Gernsback variants all use the same frame.
>>
>>14061245
That's because the Arbalest and Falke are modified M9s.
>>
File: 無題 ロボット.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
無題 ロボット.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
こっちの方が似てるが?
>>
>>14061172
That is true, especially exemplified in video games like Battle Operation, Border Break and Titanfall.
>>
>>14061507
That really depends how complicated warfare is. Some contexts actually emphasise on one mech fits all theory(like the RGM-79).

In Five Star Stories, the frame is so good that it fits all variants with different types of roles.

Check this new Square Enix game. http://figureheads.jp/

They offer three frames with an option of two roles each:

Light frame - sniper or engineer
Medium frame - assault or support
Heavy frame - striker or heavy assault

I think if the Graze frame could get a bulk up option like the Gusion, then the Rodi Frame would have some competition.

But then again, it is all dependent of faction and world combat philosophy.

FSS is all ground duel and open battlefield, so it is relatively simple with no need to account for ranged weapons.

Gjallarhorn in IBO has very few MS conflicts so one size fits all general purpose would do.

Zeon was more like Nazis so they liked experimenting on different roles. The Dom is no substitute for the Zaku.
>>
>>14061012
In IBO, the exposed frame components even with the armor on does help. This is in contrast to the inner frame design as an after thought as with most model kits.

I think Ebikawa had tons of inspiration from the Aldnoah Zero grunts when designing the Graze frame.
>>
>>14061012
>multiple visually different designs.
>>
>>14061542
Yeah, I was exclusively referring to Schwalbe Graze and Graze that looked different.

All the FSS Sirens looked different too.
>>
>>14061542
The Aldonah Zero ones used colour and the smaller binders to make them look different.
>>
>>14061172
>It's kind of the same concept as the F-35.
The universal frame concept is not exactly about multirole or jack-of-all-trade though.

Its basically just a "skeleton" that allows you to put things on, kind of like how there are MBTs, engineering vehicles, etc, all using the same chassis. Its a "skeleton" that can haul this much weight, its role is mostly down to how you kit that "skeleton" out.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.