[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats /m/s opinion on Phenex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14
File: Banm140210.jpg (350 KB, 1000x1258) Image search: [Google]
Banm140210.jpg
350 KB, 1000x1258
Whats /m/s opinion on Phenex?
>>
Worst Unicorn variant.
>>
>>14059884
ugmo
>>
Crap.
>>
why
>>
>>14059884
That silver-ish one from reco wasn't too horrible.

Still incredibly unnecessary.
>>
>Unicorn and Banshee get actual words for their names
>Phenex is stuck with some preteen edgy misspelling
>>
>>14059986
Wasn't it black/dark purple?
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 525x525
I'd say it's shit but I like the Plan B so...
>>
>>14059992
Phenex is actually a demon's name though. Granted, yours is still a possibility, what with the wings and shit.
>>
>>14059992
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenex
Yeah, it should have been Phoenix. But it isn't misspelled.
>>
>>14059994
Thought it was silver, just stuck in poor lighting most of the time. Looks more gray now that I'm looking at it again.

...which would have been fine if Reco had kept the blue on the psycoframe. Oh well.
>>
>>14060004
>>14060005
Demon names? Were they practicing for IBO or something?

Yeah, given the vaguely birdlike features and mythological names for the other two I thought they just garbled Phoenix.
>>
>>14060034
>IBO
>doing anything original

Dude even the main Gundam share its name with a SD G-gen boss.
>>
>>14060034
I mean I wouldn't be surprised. Does the Phoenix have the same significance in Japan as it does in China where it's supposed to be the Empress' symbol or something?
>>
I still can't believe it got a general release MG.
>>
>>14060089
I don't recall saying anything about it being original, just that it was a thing IBO did.

If you really wanna shitpost about that show, there's already half a dozen threads waiting for you.
>>
>>14060025
The sad part is, the gold version looks better with red psycoframe, and the silver with blue.
>>
File: phenex.png (1 MB, 1200x811) Image search: [Google]
phenex.png
1 MB, 1200x811
>>14059884
fan of blue and gold
>>
>>14059986
Much better than the golden monstrosity at least.

Also, subs when?
>>
File: Untitled-107.jpg (785 KB, 736x1112) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-107.jpg
785 KB, 736x1112
MG Version looks shit. but when its gold looks better its a pretty decent look.
>>
>>14059884
It's my favorite Chinese bootleg Gundam.
>>
Man that's fucking ugly
>>
The shield boosters are straight out of Advance of Zeta and that's great.

The gold is as gaudy as ever. Stick the wings on Unicorn or Banshee, or give them a non-monochrome color scheme, and they look much better.
>>
>>14059884

It looks ok, but it feels more like an afterthought designed to sell gold-plated Unicorn kits though.
>>
>>14059992

There's already a Phoenix Gundam, so they would have had to mangle Phoenix if they were set on it.
>>
>>14060116
Just pointing out that the name thing has been done long ago and no surprise that a show made of mostly copy pasting things are using names from stuff already in use like Phenex & Barbatos.
>>
>>14060527
IBO is only slightly shittier than your comments anon. Fuck off.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (19 KB, 208x400) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
19 KB, 208x400
>>14060446
Phoenix Gundam is only a G Gen original though, small beans compared to any Unicorn unit. It's not they haven't reused MS names before.
>>
>>14060091
it's not phoenix, it's phenex, one of the 72 demons.
>>
>>14060089
the utter insignificance of the that video game boss within its own game is so trivial I wonder if Sunrise even knew it existed

Also, technically the SD G-Gen Barbatos isn't an official Sunrise design, but a Banpresto original
>>
What makes Bandai exec think it was a good idea to release this as regular MG but not for Norn?
>>
>>14059884
Man, AU Gundams are so fucking overdesigned. Fucking gay ass fairy dust. Tomino must be rolling in his grave.
>>
Its a gold Banshee with more advanced shit on its back.

It looks okay I guess, not much more to say. Sort of like an expanded weapon system like the full armor but less jury rigged. I like the coloring in >>14059996 better. Plan B is just cool in general.
>>
>>14060230
Mate, that's a custom pg
>>
>>14061695
i'm well aware but that gold paint is a million times better than the MG shiny gold.
>>
>>14061359
bandai is ran by dice throws
>>
>>14061420
>AU
Is this bait? Phenex is UC.
>>
>>14062172
And Tomino isn't dead, surely you can work out the subtext of what he was getting at now.
>>
File: oh my SU CORDO!.jpg (635 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
oh my SU CORDO!.jpg
635 KB, 1280x720
>>14060225
theyve been out
>>
>>14062177
Now I can agree that Mask was shit at piloting a Unicorn model, but with a competent pilot who can use the Unicorn's full newtypehax, can he defeat the G-self?
>>
>>14062181

The G-Self doesn't even have any backpacks there so I'm going to say yes.
>>
>>14062181
No backpack maybe
depends on how Aida-thirsty Bellri is feeling
>>
File: aida and bell 2lewd.jpg (244 KB, 700x850) Image search: [Google]
aida and bell 2lewd.jpg
244 KB, 700x850
>>14062181
depends if said pilot is getting between Bellri's dick and Aida

also no fanneru to hijack
>>
>>14062181
Well with the Unicorn's space magic in Episode 7, it can probably just disable the G-self by looking at it.
But will the newtype MS-disable-switch work on the Perfect Pack?
>>
>>14062192
Tomino Said Perfect pack G-Self is the strongest Gundam
>>
File: g self perfect pack.jpg (938 KB, 1500x1203) Image search: [Google]
g self perfect pack.jpg
938 KB, 1500x1203
>>14062196
>animate the Enterpise, call it a Gundam
>>
>>14062208
G-Self would wreck the enterprise
>>
>>14062196
Still find it hard to believe with shit like the Qan[t]'s UNDERSTANDING also existing.
>>
>>14059996
it's beautiful
>>
>>14062227

> People actually belive this.

>>14062236

Tomino doesn't know shit about other Gundams. He's flat out said he doesn't watch any of them so how could he? He didn't even make it look stronger than shit he wrote himself, so you just have to take his word for it. Or not, whichever.
>>
>>14062276
>He didn't even make it look stronger than shit he wrote himself
G-Lucifer has a Moonlight Butterfly
G-Self is stronger than it
Thus G-Self > Turn A > every other Gundam
>>
>>14062284

And yet G-self did nothing impressive on screen so you have to resort to such roundabout maths to try and prove it.
>>
File: izana heh.jpg (36 KB, 554x608) Image search: [Google]
izana heh.jpg
36 KB, 554x608
>>14062296
>maths
>>
>>14062284
But the G-self can't teleport or destroy moon-sized ayy lmao balls.
>>
>>14062312

> Using X > Y
> not maths
>>
>>14059884
It's another unicorn, so I've got nothing positive to say. Literally, "how could we make more money off the unicorn design? Oh, gold plate it and give it wings! We can charge double the price! Genius!"
>>
>>14062172
phenex is Au
>>
>>14062296
American never use their Nuclear to take down the whole world, doesn't mean that America can't do it.
>>
File: .jpg (39 KB, 499x449) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
39 KB, 499x449
>>14062409
POST FEATS TO PROVE THAT AMERICA IS STRONG
AMERICAFAGS BTFO
GOKU COULD DEFEAT AMERICA
>>
>>14062417
I came from the future and G-Self Perfect Pack v2 saved the entire Gundamverse and freed Gundam from Sunrise forever.
>>
>>14062409

The difference being that America demonstrably has the power to fuck a lot of people up. They've used smaller nukes in the past and have the military to back it up. G-Self has...the writer's word. Which isn't worth much when he has nothing to back it up and the unit is out-done in pretty much every visible respect by other units.
>>
>>14060787

That was the Freedom, Kira used the Freedom Gundam. It's a minor, but important distinction.
>>
>>14062284
>>14062284
>G-Lucifer has a Moonlight Butterfly
>G-Self is stronger than it
>Thus G-Self > Turn A

what the fuck kind of retarded logic is that? Lucifer has ... one ability that Turn series does, so G-Self is stronger than Turn A? BH Turn A can teleport, regenerate, and has an OP as fuck I-Field..but G-Self is better? LOL
>>
>>14062432
Yes, it is like Obama said to US weapon R&D to build the strongest Nukes possible. R&D said they will build it but they won't put it into motion yet.
The same with how Tomino the grand master of Gundam said to Akiman to design the strongest Gundam evarr.
>>
>>14062479
BH Turn A is not canon, lol.
How new are you?
>>
>>14062520

doesn't even matter, anime turn a would still btfo out of g-self
>>
>>14062442
This would have been Unicorn Gundam Unit 3 Phoenix instead of Phoenix Gundam.
>>
>>14062516

If you say so.

>>14062611

No, it wouldn't. They're rarely called Unicon Gundam Unit 1 Unicorn and Unicorn Gundam Unit 2 Banshee - they're the Unicorn and Banshee Gundams. Just like that would have been the Phoenix Gundam. Which already exists.
>>
>>14062553
It is always nice to see a guy in denial.
>>
File: Free.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Free.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>14060089
>SD G-gen
>doing anything original

>Dude even the main a boss shares its name with a mythological duke of hell
>>
>>14062177
>theyve been out
Link?
>>
>>14059884
The boxart is awful, it's like the illustrator left the destroy layer on transparent
The suit itself is also an ugly mess
>>
>>14062177
Non-joke subs?
>>
I don't mind the design, but the color scheme is dogshit.
>>
>>14062196

Are you going to believe the man that forgot that the G-Arcane can transform?
>>
>>14061122
Overworld wasn't made by Banpresto. I forgot which one but it's definitely not BB Studio.
>>
>>14065164
Well that explains why it was almost fun at times.
>>
>>14059884
I like it but then again I like the Unicorn and Banshee to so what do I know.
>>
>>14062520
How can it not be canon? Tomino himself said it was or are you saying Tomino doesn't know fucking anything?
>>
>>14065529
It is not according to Sunrise. Give me proof or excerpt image where Tomino stated it himself. If you can not then you are just a shitposter who love to dwell with non-existant robutts.
>>
>>14059884
Edgy silliness. Better ways to achieve a third variant on the Unicorn than going gaudy as fuck for KEWL points.
>>
>>14059884
The colorscheme kills it
It's otherwise just a unicorn variant
>>
>>14065127
Hapa-san didn't tell Aida on purpose so she wouldn't wreck the G-Arcane
>>
>>14065698
>Edgy
What?
>>
File: Can anything be THAT shiny?.png (25 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
Can anything be THAT shiny?.png
25 KB, 512x448
>>14059986
I loved that because it shot a certain shitposter's argument in the dick since it confirms Unicorn canon, which reaffirms ZZ's canon status.

I'm still waiting for someone to build a gold Phenex with the yellow psycoframe from a Banshee (pic related).
>>
>>14065529
>How can it not be canon?
1. Sunrise doesn't do "canon". There is only the rule of "only what is animated is official".
2. The novel was not written by Tomino, nor was it overseen by Sunrise/Bandai. It did make use of ideas Tomino decided *not* to use in the anime, but that's the closest it to being "canon". Supposedly Tomino did approve of one of the novels more than the other (there were two novelizations by two different writers), but the really cazy shit like resurrecting the pilot, gating beams directly into enemy cockpits, and such was from the novel he *didn't* like.
The only unquestionably "official" information on the Turn A's abilities at the time of the Moonlight Butterfly event is that the MLB destroyed the vast majority of technology on earth.
Yes, even that bit about the MLB reaching Jupiter is only from the novel and clearly doesn't mesh with the continued existence of the Sacktraeger and Lunar City in the actual anime.
>>
>>14065578
>>14066705
But Sunrise also didn't say anything about G-Self being the strongest, now what?
>>
>>14066813
This is true.
However, G-Self's on-screen feats far outweigh Turn A's with the sole exception of the Moonlight Butterfly event shown in the flashback.
I don't even like the thing, nor it's pilot nor his show, but the G-Self is a fucking overpowered BEAST. The Turn A is a shitbox carrying a single WMD.
>>
File: Mistakes of youth.jpg (171 KB, 565x482) Image search: [Google]
Mistakes of youth.jpg
171 KB, 565x482
>>14062196
I think ANYTHING equipped with that fucking backpack is OP as fuck.
Gives me an idea for some gunpla mashups.
>>
>>14066602
It's just a different edgy than, say, Banshee. The flashiness and busy design, the fact that it's a further alternative to the already alternative Banshee and Banshee Norn. It's the Unicorn variant for the "I daydream about my OC piloting an even KEWLER unicorn gundam than Banshee" crowd, and so of course it's Gold on top of referencing a Phoenix/Demon (depending on what you think they meant to do with the name).

For a "Phoenix", less edgy-in-this-sense 3rd variant of the Unicorn Gundam I would have gone with some shade of Char-Red for the regular form, and a Golden Psychoframe, for the Quattro reference. Then you'd have, thematically, a better triad than this one, with a much more direct reference to the classic stylistic choices of the franchise (white devil/red comet, white unicorn/red phoenix). It's much less impersonal, and therefore much less "Kewl-OC" fodder.
>>
>>14066705

Sunrise has never said the "anything animated is official" line. A group of Gundam producers did in a magazine interview in 2000/2001 but only in reference to what mobile suits are official and not in regards to stories. What they were discounting was that the units in some games, espeically the Gihren's Greed ones, were canon. Sunrise themselves have never said anything on the matter and there isn't a single source I know of to say otherwise.

>>14066826

I'd say the opposite and that the G-Self never does anything to earn a reputation. Not even when you count it's backpacks (which are built to a universal standard and compatible with any suit which meets the right requirements - which we're never told is just the G-Self, only that only it uses them in show) in to matters. The Turn-A on the other hand wipes out all tech on Earth, survives thousands of years, needs no external power source, can jump start a space ship after all that time, can turn invisible, can block radiation, has at least two separate energy shields (an i-field and the moonlight butterfly), can take a hell of a battering even without shielding, has an advanced interior and no skeleton or bulky power source in the chest and doesn't need external weapons (not even a beam saber) to fuck most suits up since it can just use the moonlight butterfly as a sword and shield if needed. All of which is in the anime and more besides.

It comes across as a lot more advanced and destructive than the G-Self to me because it's power systems, age, internal structure, materials etc. are all a level beyond anything we see of the G-Self. Especially the base one without any backpacks.
>>
>>14066863
>depending on what you think they meant to do with the name
phenex is literally a phoenix demon
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.