[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching the whole of The Big O So uh How about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: the big oooohhh.......png (93 KB, 272x355) Image search: [Google]
the big oooohhh.......png
93 KB, 272x355
Just finished watching the whole of The Big O

So uh

How about that ending, huh?
>>
obligatory big deuce they were poop all along comment
ye not guilty because everybody poops
>>
>>14058097
It's all a show.

>>14058101
Were you that guy trying to post about poop in the last Big O thread?
>>
The director, surprised the US came to him to commission a second season, was given two requests. More action, and reveal the mystery. However the director was more into the "monster of the week" serial style than making a proper story arc. Personally it always irked me roger appears the same age any time he is shown. The Tomato stuff was fairly interesting, but means nothing after it's framed by the ending.
>>
>>14058101
wut
>>14058108
I thought so. It was more the suddenness of it, the whole "Well that was it. Heres Dorothy and Angel on a street, Roger's doing the first episode intro, BYE".
So did the "world" reset? Is everyone going to redo it all again? Were they all actually robots? It raised too many questions for a finale.
I guess I was hoping for more closure and exposition.
>>
>>14058141
I feel like they had a better time exploring choice, or illusion of choice, destiny and the roles we play in all the show up to the finale. Like, when people forget who they were, what choices will they make? A number of people & robots seem to have returned to their old ruts. Or people who didn't (A tomato turned cop turned negotiator). Ending was just about as nonending as it gets.

I sort of feel bad for the creator, I doubt he ever understood the audience he was being delivered to like season one because it was seen as Batman Animated Series meets Gundam, which was new to us. He probably thought his fans were several years older than what the original run saw.
>>
Here is your explanation, OP:

They made some cool robot stuff with an empty mystery for a setting because "who cares, big robot, cool art, my own person !Rei waifu."

US wanted more violence and to understand the "meaning."

There was no meaning.

But sure, your cheque cleared, so here is your second season, enjoy your tomatoes.
>>
>>14058131
>The director was given two requests. More action, and reveal the mystery.
>But then he said "nah, fuck that".
>>
File: :|.jpg (106 KB, 698x658) Image search: [Google]
:|.jpg
106 KB, 698x658
>>14058097
[spoilers]>>Memories can manifest as people sometimes[/spoiler] That's when I lost all hope in the plot and the mystery of the city.
>>
Why did they name a giant robot after a euphemism for orgasm, anyway?
>>
>>14061661
Huh,when I look up big o I found some math notations and a pizza place in my downtown. Sadly it's not named after the show :(
>>
>>14058097
ITT pretentious retards make up/regurgitate bullshit

Official explanations:

>-Angel: "In the final episode, it was revealed that (Angel) herself was the Memories. Once she found out the truth, Angel used the Big Venus to try to erase everything and return it to how it was forty years ago. However she was persuaded by Roger's negotation which spoke of the purpose of the Memories, and allowed the world to continue."
>-Gordon: "His incomplete book, Metropolis, seemingly records what happened forty years ago. After he saw Angel off to the mysterious place in the depths of Paradigm City, he asked the true writer of Metropolis to record the Memories, and disappeared."
>-Big Venus: "The Big Venus awoke when Paradigm City's creator*, Angel, realised that she herself was the Memories, and tried to return to where she once was." (*The version of the word "creator" used here is the English word rendered in katakana, which is typically used in Japanese to refer to writers and artists and such)
>>
>>14061830

>We have to fight the memorys.
>"No Angek, you are the memries."
>And then Angel was the memorieys.
>-By Johnny Spaceboots
>>
>>14061943
This was all I could think about when reading that post.
>>
Tbh I feel like there is no explanation to it and they just made a bunch of random shit up so 13 years later people can talk about how deep it is on the internet
>>
>>14064264
Kinda'. But most people couldn't even pretend it meant anything. But is it art? It sure as shit ain't paintings of horses.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.