[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did something as good as Stargazer come out of SEEDs trash heap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: images-2.jpg (11 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
11 KB, 512x288
How did something as good as Stargazer come out of SEEDs trash heap?
>>
Take a look at the staff list\
Guess who's missing
>>
SEED is still miles ahead of IBO.
>>
>>14057403
If you actually think this, then something is for sure wrong with you. Rethink your life.
>>
>>14057408

No, you should. IBO is the worst shit I have ever seen and you should feel bad for liking it.
>>
Stargazer is all around much simpler. It's just about Sven's band of racist assholes and whether or not Selene can get the Stargazer to space. And her pal beating a MS with a tank. So ultimately it's easier to pull off convincingly. There's less characters, less stakes, less episodes to fill.

Also, no Kira or Lacus anywhere.
>>
>>14057392
No Fuckuda.
No Moronsawa
No Kira.
No Lacus.
No Cagalli.
Great designs.
>>
>>14057408
I unironically like the desert arc in SEED
good stuff that's more than what I can say about IBO and it's nothing
>>
>>14057422

SEED had also Le Creuset. He blows everything IBO has to offer away.
>>
>>14057408
bandwagon ibofaggots everyone.
>>
>>14057428
Seed was far more entertaining than IBO. IBO makes the cardinal sin of being boring. So many characters are just lacking in passion and drive.
>>
>>14057430
This. Seed is Prequels, IBO is Force Awakens.

The former is shit with characters you despise but has unintentional entertainment and a bunch of shit to talk about, and the latter is what everyone was waiting for, but ends up bland and has something minor be the most interesting about it.
>>
>>14057430

It's far worse than boring, I mean have you read the script? Everything is so goddamn contrived making this series a shitshow. Fuck Mari Okada.
>>
So from what I get from this thread, Stargazer is good because IBO haters can't stop talking about IBO even when it has nothing to do with anything.
Not quite the answer I was expecting but okay.
>>
>>14057432
Nah, Force Awakens wasn't as bad as IBO. People in TFA have arcs to them, and agency. Mikazuki doesn't have any of that. Kudelia just stands around and has constant false starts. At least McGillis and Ein have some drive.

Seed actually has some likable characters, like Mwu and the Ramba clone, Cru set. The stakes feel higher than the prequels because they at least bothered spending some time exploring the world and `living in it`, if that makes sense.
It's just that it gets dragged down by some really retarded shit
>>
>>14057432
>Seed is Prequels, IBO is Force Awakens.
What is the "I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND" of SEED?
>>
>>14057432

This would imply that IBO > Seed which is not true.
>>
>>14057448
>NICOLE STOP, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
>>
>>14057428
Le Creuset was a shallow character but Fuckuda nailed his characterization perfectly.

The presentation of the mask itself speaks for him.

IBO has the most retarded mask ever.
>>
>>14057448
>STOP FIGHTING, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
>>
>>14057449
Except the Prequels are better than TFA.
>>
>>14057408
If you only compare the first 25 episodes of Seed to the first 25 episodes of IBO it was a lot better.
>>
>>14057448
There is an exchange similar to that with shinn and athrun's final duel in destiny
>>
Buttmad IBOfags please go
>>
>>14057448
What is the SEED version of this scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KVIfpNG4w
>>
> Stargazer
> looking at the staff
> Fukuda isnt there
> good
>>
>>14057448
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCUEgf79k8
>>14057717
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YsHJf2Oa4
>>
>>14057448
Better yet, who is Sheev?
>>
>>14057392
Stargazer and to a lesser extend ASTRAY prove CE can work. The problem isn't with the setting but with SEED's staff. You know well who.
>>
>>14057774

Did anyone even dispute that to say Stargazer had to "prove" it wrong?
>>
>>14057392
>Stargazer
>good
Pick one
>>
>>14057764
Lacus
>>
Why would they make a mobile suit for deep space exploration?

Shouldn't they use a Battleship, Mobile Suit Carrier, or a specialized deep space science vessel?
>>
Stargazer really isn't that great, it's just okay. That's still a miracle for anything set in the C.E. timeline though.
>>
>>14060161
Because it looks cool
Also solar wind ring thing I guess
>>
>>14060207
Why not install one on a ship?
A ship with living quarters and stuff.
>>
>>14060232
its meant to be a voyager like satelite, except its a giant robot.
>>
Weren't they just testing the ring?
>>
>>14060161
it was supposed to carry an onboard AI and be the embodiment of "humanoid form exploring space"

but the real answer you want is that they wanted to call it a gundam
>>
>>14060232
Because Stargazer is meant to be an unmanned learning exploration satellite of sorts examining the far reaches of the cosmos and sending back data there was never meant to be a crew the cockpit was just there for tests and programming it would be pointless to send a maned crew when they dont have the tech to keep them supplied for the distance stargazer is meant to go as a manned ship wouldn't last at the Cosmic Era tech level
>>
>>14060236
Ah yes, I totally forgot the AI thing.
>>
>>14060252
Is your punctuation broken?
>>
>>14060282
Why as a matter of fact my comma button does not work at all anon!
>>
BEST music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVJEcjn2gDU
>>
>>14060334
Then use some periods, faggot.
>>
>>14060505
>faggot.
No need to be rude' dude :(
>>
File: 1449311436487.jpg (18 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1449311436487.jpg
18 KB, 160x160
>>14060523
>>14060535
>>
>>14060499
WORST youtube of said song. They just throw random explosions and dialogue clips in for no reason.

Stargazer is great. Gundam fans bitch and moan about the stupidest shit (see any IBO or G-Reco thread ever), but Stargazer I think proves that the complaints about SEED are at least partly justified.
>>
>>14060236
>>14060252
Why does it need to be a mobile suit though? Why not a more normal looking probe?
>>
File: 1442665477589.jpg (48 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
1442665477589.jpg
48 KB, 780x439
>>14060599
>>
>>14060599
I'd have to say from an in universe stand point a mobile suit can do things like use its manipulators to deal with debris and the rings

from an out of universe standpoint see 14060609 post.
>>
>>14060232
Because you'll need a farm for that ship if you want to keep a crew for its mission.
You might as well make a colonisation generation ship at that point.
>>
Salty that the stupid Noir Strike got an MG but the Stargazer didn't.

I'm still waiting for it...
>>
Thematically, the Stargazer is meant to represent the next step up from the Voyagers Golden Record.

You can also take it as an attempt to convert what is meant to be a mobile weapon into something for peace and understanding.

In an alternate universe Stargazer is a fully fleshed out OVA depicting the escalation in conflict between humans as they move to space and an attempt on humanities part to rise above it's nature.
>>
>the only stargazer kit is 10 years old
>>
>>14057392
Agree, somehow i wished that Stargazer is a true SEED sequel instead of Destiny
>>
>>14057448
CAGALLI IS CRYING?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.