[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We at the RobotechX movie crew are laughing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11
File: download.jpg (317 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
317 KB, 1000x563
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_7Gm0Ui14s

I am laughing my ass off, this movie will NEVER come out
>>
>We at robotechx all laughin
Can anyone explain me where this meme comes from ?
>>
>>14058673
robotechx
where they are laughing
>>
>>14057307

> mfw Tobey McGuire plays a 16 year old Rick when in his 50s

They'll have to resurrect Tom Cruise so he can play Roy of course, since he's obligated to have a part in all Japanese stuff.
>>
>>14058684
Yeah, but why are they laughing ? Since when are they laughing ?
>>
>>14058687
Tom cruise didn't die
>>
>>14058712

use the archive dude.
>>
>>14058718
>Use the archive
That's what I did but not a lot comes out. From what I understand from a shit thread that I read around Delta's first preveiws, it's a shitty troll who made obvious baits and always ended his posts with
>And we at Robotechx.com all laughing
>>
>>14058736
It was a dank meme/shitposter during when Frontier was airing. The rest is pretty much what you're describing
>>
>>14058717

Tobey McGuire also isn't in to his 50's yet.
>>
Does robotech have actual fans?
>>
>>14058774
Go to robotechx.com and see for yourself.
>>
>>14057307
At this rate, the Voltron movie will come out before this does.

>>14058774
Yes, but they're mostly in constant denial of it being any relevant these days. They're so starved for new content that they think animation errors were new, unidentified Veritechs.
>>
>>14058774
Yes, and you will never see a group of people so far in denial
>>
File: MospeadaGreen.jpg (226 KB, 999x720) Image search: [Google]
MospeadaGreen.jpg
226 KB, 999x720
I really hope this movie gets made
>inb4 it's Robotech it's gonna be shit
I don't know, I never watched a single episode of Robotech, but I watched all of SDF Macross and I'm at ep. 13 of MOSPEADA, and I enjoy both of them immensely. Since we're not gonna see any Macross material or even mechs due to the legal clusterfuck surrounding the legal rights, that means we're left with Southern Cross and MOSPEADA, and not a lot of people care about Southern Cross. So that means they're surely gonna get some MOSPEADA material on the big screen, and that's pretty fucking close to Macross, at least mech-wise.

>>14058740
Thanks dude.
>>
File: 1451891875724.jpg (801 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1451891875724.jpg
801 KB, 1680x1050
>>14058774
I think so, otherwise they wouldn't be making low-quality bait threads. I've never seen a single Robotech episode but this strange mish-mash of 3 unrelated anime with its own side material always fascinated me. I'm actually watching Macross, Mospeada and Southern Cross before watching Robotech just to see if it's as shitty as /m/ says.
>>
>>14058774

I watched Robotech as a kid and enjoyed it. It was part of what made me a /m/an, so I still appreciate it.

I don't get the people who still wait for new content, though.
>>
>>14057307
Why are there people who care about Robotech?! It was a fucking mistake. You can watch the real shows now.
>>
>>14058818
Robotech's worst crime was changing the music to bad 80's synth. The Macross part is an otherwise decent localization. (haven't watched the other parts in almost 30 years)
>>
>>14058840
>Robotech's worst crime was changing the music to bad 80's synth
That's pretty bad but that doesn't warrant its reputation as one of the worst anime adaptation of all time.
>The Macross part is an otherwise decent localization
Yep, from what I heard it was pretty much a straight SDF Macross dub with edited content (due to nudity, violence or alcohol), Global and the bridge crew dies and they started fucking shit up when they decided that Protoculture was an energy source. Then they tried to connect ot with SC and MOSPEADA and shit hits the fan.
>haven't watched the other parts in almost 30 years
Again, from what I've heard, Southern Cross was the most heavily changed of the 3 shows, but it wasn't very good to begin with, and MOSPEADA wasn't changed that much.
>>
>>14058900 was destined to >>14058853
>>
>>14058840
>Why are there people who care about Robotech?! It was a fucking mistake. You can watch the real shows now.

Spotted the millennial
>>
>>14058687
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001497/
>>
>>14058821
Thanks for showing us that we can find reasonable people even among Robotech fans.
>>
>>14058900
>That's pretty bad but that doesn't warrant its reputation as one of the worst anime adaptation of all time.

I agree, and it's disappointing that so many "fans" shit on Carl Macek. Macross would be unknown in the West without him.
>>
>>14058900
>they started fucking shit up when they decided that Protoculture was an energy sourc
They only changed the meaning of that one word. All references to the Protoculture, the race that created the Zentradi, are still there in Robotech but they call the "The Masters" instead. It's just a name-swap, not a re-imagining. While the narrator *added* a bunch of fluff about the setting, everthing that was there in the form of on-screen events and character dialogue from SDFM is still there in Robotech except for the things that absolutely had to be censored because of the Bureau Of Standards And Practices (suicidal thoughts, hangovers, having to pee, etc...). Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

And no, before anyone asks, I don't think the RT version is better than the original version. I think the differences are drastically exaggerated by people who didn't watch Robotech. I do like Southern Cross and MOSPEADA more than the actual Macross sequels but in both cases I prefer the original versions, I just don't hate the dub like most of /m/.
>>
>>14058908

he's right though.
>>
>>14058951
> it's disappointing that so many "fans" shit on Carl Macek
Well, it's kinda hard to see what was his fault and what wasn't in the sea of dicksucking articles and rage-fueled rants you can see about him on the internet, but I think he deserves some recognition for importing some anime when it wasn't extremely common, and airing it while was arguably darker and more mature that your average Saturday-morning cartoon in 1985. Also, the combination of 3 unrelated shows wasn't entirely his fault, due to SDF being 36 eps. long while you needed at leat 65 to be allowed to put it on air.
On the other hand, the legal troubles HG got involved in are unforgivable since it keeps everything not SDF Macross from being aired outside of Japan and a few countries, and they ran the franchise into the ground not even two years after Robotech ended. And they've been fucking with the fans ever since.

>Macross would be unknown in the West without him

You're wrong dude, but he helped popularizing Macross in the West . Everybody who has decent internet can download a fuckton of anime, even obscure ones, and Macross is a big franchise in Japan, so it was just a question of time before it became well-known in the West, but Robotech surely helped a lot.

Sorry for the lengthy rant.
>>
>>14058951

It'd be on the level of most anime at the worst. I'm in the West and didn't even know about Robotech or Macross till I was in my 20s, have never seen the Robotech series and don't care about Macek but still love Macross. He didn't do squat and I'm not required to eulogize him just because Macross is bigger than the average anime in the West (probably).
>>
>>14059042
>You're wrong dude, but he helped popularizing Macross in the West . Everybody who has decent internet can download a fuckton of anime, even obscure ones, and Macross is a big franchise in Japan, so it was just a question of time before it became well-known in the West, but Robotech surely helped a lot.

You're right, it would be known eventually, but a long time after it's release. A lot of fans my age were aware of anime in the early 90s because of robotech. The fandom would have been really different back then.
>>
>>14058774
I liked Robotech when I was a kid. A decade later I discovered the truth.
>>
>>14059062
> A lot of fans my age were aware of anime in the early 90s because of robotech. The fandom would have been really different back then.

In USA maybe. By the early 90's Europe already had been extensivley expised to anime since the early 80s with stuff like Grendizer, Mazinger Z, Captain Harlock, Saint Seiya, the atrocious dubs of DB and Hokuto No Ken and more obcure stuff like Akurobanshi.
>>
>>14059168
>In USA maybe.
We had Speed Racer, Gigantor, Star Blazers, etc but Robotech was the biggest exposure. You could get toys, model kits, comic books, etc.
>>
>>14058673
Just post at Mari IIjima facebook account that you are in love with Minmay, thus you are in love with Mari Iijima, who you think is Minmay in fact...
Shitcross fans will look bad!!!!!

While at robotechx.com we will be having a party telling jokes about macrosstards and how they ashame themselves so well.
>>
>>14059039
>he's right though.

No he's not. A lot of the charm from these older shows comes from the nostalgia.

Macross wasn't exactly brilliant story telling itself either but people love it because they grew up with it.

Frankly put anyone who makes a big deal about the whole thing is just some stupid kid trying to sound hardcore on an image board.
>>
>>14059183

Not really. SDF is one of my favorite shows (definitely the high point of the franchise) and I didn't see it until a few years ago, well in to my 20s. I'm not claiming to be the average fan, but people can and do love it outside nostalgia.
>>
>>14059183
>A lot of charm comes from nostalgia.
It's wrong tho. I finished watching it for the forst time a month ago and it was genuinely great.
>>
>>14059179
So you mean it was the first big anime franchise in the USA. We never had anything similar in Europe during this era, not that I remember anyway (except for the heavyweights like DB and Akira).
>>
>>14058951
>Macross would be unknown in the West without him.
Uh no. It would just be discovered later like every other fucking old anime that never got localized
>>
>>14059183
>Macross wasn't exactly brilliant story telling itself either but people love it because they grew up with it.
I literally watched SDF 3 months ago and I liked it

I didn't really love it though (I did love DYRL, that was a masterpiece)

A show that isn't brilliant story telling but people love it because they grew up with it would be something like Dragon Ball or Saint Seiya
>>
File: I need new content.jpg (47 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
I need new content.jpg
47 KB, 500x438
>>14058774
Yes, and they are sad little men desperately claiming their show was/is influential when it is a footnote at best.
>>
>>14058781
Somehow they are better than the folks at Macross World
>>
>>14059309
Neither are good
>>
>>14059302

do these fags not realize that macross is basically a mix of QUALITY and gorgeous?
>>
>>14059365
They are seriously desperate for content, they haven't had anything new since the Shitow Chronicles.
>>
Let's play rewrite the plot of each Macross so it's a sequel to robotech instead
with american names of course
>>
>>14059383
>Shitow Chronicles

Robotech sucks but not as bad as that pun.
>>
>>14058951
fuck off carl
>>
File: 1344640018105.jpg (1016 KB, 1000x1122) Image search: [Google]
1344640018105.jpg
1016 KB, 1000x1122
>>14059388
We got the names.
>>
>>14059554
>Ku Klux Klan
Every time.
>>
>>14059572
Personally I like Goobly Bowtie the best
>>
>>14059554
The fucked up part is that Goobly Bowtie has replaced his real name in my head and I often have to look it up
>>
>>14059617
>YOU OWE ME ONE TURKEY
>YOU OWE ME 11
>>
>>14058774
An incredibly small amount of 40 year old neckbeards who still haven't moved on. Honestly surprised the movie is actually heading somewhere.
>>
>>14058951
>muh west

who gives a fuck
>>
>>14058821
>I don't get the people who still wait for new content, though.
Well it's not like we're getting any real new Mospeada content.
>>
>>14058951

Yeah cause it's not like there's been a fansubbing scene for nearly three decades or anything that would have gotten their hands on it.
>>
>>14059554
>Mikey Banks
>>
>>14059554

Andy, Ishamel, and Oscar sound pretty good as localization names, to be frank.
>>
File: Robotech_Zeta_Gundam.png (2 MB, 1196x610) Image search: [Google]
Robotech_Zeta_Gundam.png
2 MB, 1196x610
>>14059062
>You're right, it would be known eventually, but a long time after it's release.

I think you mean it would get an official release long after its debut (if the copyright situation didn't happen, of course). There were a lot of people who would hunt and fansub anime in the 80s and 90s, and although Robotech was big and loud for its time, it really didn't change a whole lot as far as the anime industry was concerned; After two years on the air, it was taken off, had its third wave toyline and TV sequel cancelled, and it disappeared in the late 80s and never showed its face again except for video cassette releases here and there like any other anime that was to be marketed in the US. No new TV standards were set to have more anime localized in the states, and everything went right back to Saturday Morning cartoons. Anime throughout the late 80s and early 90s continued to be a strictly indie market where people wouldn't know any releases were coming unless they actually looked for it. Hell, to HG's credit, they did try to bring the original shows on video cassette, but they pulled back and cancelled it after they weren't making enough sales on the initial releases, so everyone still had to hunt down the original shows themselves until they cracked a deal with ADV to get DVD releases out in the early 2000s.

Plus, even in the years where Robotech had momentum, there were even people working with Harmony Gold that were aware of anime even as Macross was (for the most part) being localized. One guy literally inserted Kamile and Char in a dining scene with the rogue Zentraedi and the bridge bunnies, and this was in a Comico comic way back in 1986 before Zeta, or Gundam for that matter, even made it stateside at all.
>>
>>14059554
>Luke Applepie
>>
>>14060073
>Honestly surprised the movie is actually heading somewhere.

It really isn't, though. They're still beating around the bush with those 300 producrers and that one guy who wrote for that GI Joe movie to get a script off the ground. Meanwhile, Wan has already signed up for projects that have already been officially greenlit and in the process of production all the way up to 2018, especially with Aquaman and Mortal Kombat.

There's also the fact that there isn't a single available source, not even Sony's website, where Robotech is anywhere on the company's list of upcoming projects, not even on a TBA category. Same goes for Wan who, judging by this video, acts like he's been hired for a job interview and has been put on hold for the past half a year, not having a clue when/if he's going to be able to tackle the thing. It also sounds like he doesn't know jack shit about the legal situation with Robotech and Macross since he's calling the Macross Saga out as a 'must' to adapt into the movie project. If the shady production issues don't scare him off, not being able to incorporate Macross probably will.
>>
File: 1441390610316.jpg (80 KB, 695x676) Image search: [Google]
1441390610316.jpg
80 KB, 695x676
>>14058774
It feels a bit weird to think that there are genuine Robotech fans out there. I mean, sure, like everyone else, I watched Robotech as a kid in the early 90s and loved it, but I thought it was an American cartoon and didn't even know Macross was a thing. I figured most people have either completely forgotten all about it since it's just another cartoon from their childhood, or dug around the internet a bit more, found out about Macross, watched it and started liking it more. It's hard to believe that there are actual Robotech fans out there in the current year who know about Macross and all that but still think Robotech is better.
>>
>>14062275

> like everyone else

Everyone didn't watch it and we'd appreciate it if you didn't act like we did.
>>
>>14058687
remember when leonardo dicaprio was attached to akira movie? he's going to be kaneda.
>>
Okay, I'm 26.

I've never hear of Robotech before coming here on /m/. The only /m/ shows I knew while going up were Gundam 0079, Wing, Eva, Seed and maybe Macross Plus(?)

Never in my life did I watch/hear of this "robotech".
>>
NO BRO, WE AMERICANS FIXED IT AND MADE IT BETTER
FUCK OFF MACROSS FANS
THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE KNOW MACROSS EXISTS IS BECAUSE OF ROBOTECH
>>
>>14062275
Same logic applies to Power Ranegrs fans, but as you can see that's still around. There's even a general for it on here. Nostalgia is a terrible thing.
>>
>>14062281
Sorry, dude. I prefer living my life believing everyone has gone through the same experiences I have.
Seriously though, Robotech and Voltron were pretty damn popular over here back then, so I just assumed pretty much every ~25-35 year old Western mecha fan saw them as a kid.
>>
>>14062370

How DARE you.

>>14062364

PR kinda makes sense, since there's original footage worked in.
>>
>it's a western vs eastern thread
wew lads
>>
>>14057307

HG can't make or release a Robotech/Macross film, they don't have the IP right to the characters or mecha.

Same with the movie DYRL. They only have merchandising rights for DYRL, not the IP or distribution rights.

They only have distribution and merchandising rights for the Robotech series.

The did, somehow, acquire the copyright to the name "Macross" but that still won't give them the right to make new films.

The only new anime they were able to make was based off the last Robotech series, The next Generation (Mospeada) but that didn't use any characters from the MacrosS Saga (which they can't use anyway).

So any Robotech movie made will not be able to use the names or deisigns of existing characters or mecha.

In the end, it will wind up being like the Transformers. It won't resemble anything from the series.
>>
>>14063024
They can't even adapt Mospeada material for the movie ?!
>>
>>14065310
>They can't even adapt Mospeada material for the movie ?!

They can, but won't. Because the few Robotech fans that exist to this day love one and one thing only : the Macross Saga part of Robotech. Literally the only part Harmony Gold cannot adapt to the silver screen. Karma is a bitch.
Almost all Robotech fans don't give a shit about Mospeada or Southern Cross/Masters/Sentinels. They want Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayse. I.e. Macross.
>>
>>14063024
>The next Generation (Mospeada) but that didn't use any characters from the MacrosS Saga (which they can't use anyway).
They can use characters from Macross Saga, they just can't look anything like themselves. Rick Hunter was in Shadow Chronicles even if his role was minor.
>>
At least Robotech novels were pretty decent.
>>
>>14065340
>>14065373
So how can we fix it ? Here's my idea:
>Include the Legioss in the movie, it's basically a Valkyrie with more missiles and call it a Veritech Fighter, add Mospeadas to sell more toys
>Call the hero Rick Hunter, but make him look like Ray
>Replace Stikk Bernard by Roy Focker
>Pretend the Invid war machines are an evolution of the Zentraedi Regults
>Make Yellow Belmont fill Minmay's role and make him a real girl
>Don't include Kaifun. At all.
>Earth attacked by Zentraedis
>First half of the movie is on Earth, where they find the SDF-1 (don't mention it's the Macross)
>Make it look like a mix between the original Macross and a Star Destroyer
>Blow shit up with MOSPEADAs
>Humans go to space to escape the Invid/Zentraedis/whatever the fuck I came up with
>Giger-esque designs for their spaceships
>Fucking awesome space battle with Legiosses
>I don't fucking know about the end of the movie
I know sounds like a kid making stories with his action figures and it probably sucks but that's the only things I can think of without butchering the license too much. Too much being the keyword.
>>
>>14065376
>At least Robotech novels were pretty decent.

The old 1980s eraly 1990s Robotech novels were decent. The new ones basically retconned a bunch of shit and have become as stupid as all the things Yune has done in the last decade.
>>
>>14066325
What about the comics ? How were they ?
>>
>>14065676
you can't polish a turd, anon.
>>
>>14066333
there's a bunch of different ones
I saw one that was an adaptation of the show, and they actually drew the SDF2 with the SDF1 so it made any goddamn sense compared to the show.

There was a black and white one where Roy gets a bunch of stupid questions like "What's the difference between a Veritech and a Valkyrie?" and "Could a Veritech beat Grendizer?"
>>
>>14066348
I wasn't trying to polish a turd anon, I just trying to write a half-decent plot for a Macross adaptation disguised in Mospeada adaptation so Sony doesn't get fucked over legal clusterfucks and then slap the Robotech name to get the nostalgiafags' money. This way, we have the closest thing we could (in the West) have to a Macross adaptation and new Mospeada material.

>>14066350

>" What's the difference between a Veritech and a Valkyrie?"
> "Could a Veritech beat Grendizer?"
> In a Robotech comic
The fuck ?!
>>
File: Robotech Academy Blues - 0 - 11.jpg (655 KB, 1200x1837) Image search: [Google]
Robotech Academy Blues - 0 - 11.jpg
655 KB, 1200x1837
>>14065676
>Make Yellow Belmont fill Minmay's role and make him a "real girl" until proven otherwise later on.

Fixed. To hell with all these cutesy female song idols. The new frontier begins here!

And most of what you said isn't bad. I do disagree on the notion of "butchering of the license" since what's left of it is really all Southern Cross/Mospeada anyway, and if the already beyond-retarded fanbase can't cope with that its their problem, and also HG's for not telling the truth early on. Macross needs to be cut out of the equation, period. No way around it. As of right now, Robotech is everything BUT Macross.

That said, there doesn't need to be any references to Zentraedi at all, not even in spirit. Ultimate antagonists need to be Invid, Masters, or Haydonites (or even those weird-ass asteroid dwelling mist creatures that came and went in the Sentinels comics). There definitely needs to be an enormous one-of-a-kind alien battle-cruiser like the SDF-1: Don't make it transform at all, though. Make it resemble the Sentinels version of SDF-2 (since HG can actually use that) with humanistic shit added to it later: A unique mold of human and alien technology that is biorganic with self-healing hull, almost-sentient experimental AI computer (hello future Janice), and intense weapons of mass-destruction (particularly the super-cannon on the bow).

There are some pretty limitless possibilities on how they can meld this and everything else that is bonafide Robotech material, if HG is willing to try without weaseling Macross in out of desperation. Likely whatever they come up with will be a huge mess since they're running around like a decapitated chicken about what this whole thing is going to look and feel like.

>>14066483
Anon is referring to the first issue of Academy Blues, where Fokker, ebing the first veritech test pilot, has to teach a class of trainees on how it works. The questions were mostly inside jokes. Pic related is the page.
>>
If it's going to be a true a Robotech movie, they should shoehorn in scenes from a lesser know Sci-fi movie and make it part of the story some how.
>>
>>14067020
HG probably doesn't even care at this point.
>>
I wonder if we'll actually see legal action from Big West, Studio Nue, Artland, etc. if Sony tries to utilize Macross?
>>
>>14067722
Now that I think back on it, they really aren't the ones writing the script anyway. They're pretty much consultants on what's allowed and what isn't. Though, considering the Yune brothers love to get into people's business on anything Robotech (Tommy especially loves to cockblock people and steal their ideas), I'm sure they'll leave their own personal stain of illogical chunk of stupid on the story.

>>14067743
Harmony Gold's marketing manager, Kevin Mckeever, revealed at a convention that Sony has the right to release the film worldwide except in Japan. Even they know to stay as far away from Macross as possible. Though, like Warner Bros, I'm pretty sure they're having second thoughts about working on this project now. For something they're calling their "marvel universe" movie series, they don't seem to give two fucks about it as there isn't any type of release date or any mention that its on their work schedule. Even Wan doesn't know anything about when he'll be able to work on it, and interesting enough, Sony has completely gone dark, and the only word we get from them is HG's say-so.
>>
>>14068034
That's probably because like others have pointed out, Robotech is popular because of the Macross saga. Sony probably agreed to make the movies under the belief that HG actually had the rights to the Macross franchise. It probably came as a surprise to them to find out that they cannot use the only profitable and well known part of the franchise, so they're shying away from the deal.
>>
>>14068034
>Kevin Mckeever
Nobody should believe anything that fat turd says.

>>14069263
Man, Sony Pictures fucking sucks. First the e-mail hacks, the feministic Ghostbusters remake that we know is gonna tank, and now this. Do some actually fucking research before you get into an agreement.
>>
>>14069960
Don't forget the Venom movie that is so totally happening
>>
>>14069977
How the fuck did they screw the pooch with Spider-Man? ASM and ASM 2 could've been great if it wasn't so disjointed. I actually enjoyed Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.
>>
>>14062486
How anyone could even stomach PR is beyond me. It's basically a live action Speed Racer and an insult to tokusatsu.
>>
>>14070012
Nostalgia, long-time fans being loyal to the brand, not wanting to watch subbed sentai.

I watched PR back in the 00's during grade school and thought it was fun, but even I wondered why I was watching an American rendition of a Japanese concept.
>>
>>14067020
>Why does only one of them have hands?

Wait...why DOES only one of them have hands?
>>
>>14069263
That's precisely where I was getting at. Like with Warner Bros., you don't just suddenly come out to the media with large plans of making this your star attraction of franchises and start throwing around big names, only to suddenly fall completely silent, everyone who was being contacted for the movie vanishes with writers quitting left and right, and all that's left is HG and crew struggling to convince everyone that this is still very much happening.

Harmony Gold spent all those conventions stroking their dicks to Macross while trying to spread awareness about the film, and wow what a surprise, loads of their fans still believe they're going to see valkyries, giant aliens, and spot-on representations Hikaru and Misa, along with movie companies unwittingly wandering into a mine-field of legal clusterfuck.

>>14069960
>Kevin Mckeever
>Nobody should believe anything that fat turd says.

True, the guy is one of the worst of shifty-eyed PR shills, but even though he likes to hide behind tons of exaggerations and half-truths, there has to be some grain of truth into the stuff he says. He knows full well that he can't just go around spewing lies left and right, especially since he's having to talk about Sony (they can sue the shit out of him for that).

On the few occasions that he does lie, he's always quick to swap a previous statement he made at one panel session with something else at another. Case in point, when the Macross blu-rays were making noise all over Ebay and Amazon, some Robotech fans began questioning him and Harmony Gold about possible HD remastering of the entire Robotech series. When first asked this, he made this really bizarre statement that the copies they have of Robotech are in 16mm film and that remastering it could only "theoretically" be done and HG is just waiting for the technology to improve....Then stated later that it CAN be done, just that it was too much money. You can tell Frank Argama chews his ass for that shit.
>>
>>14069960
Not really Sony's fault though, since many people don't know that HG actually don't own the rights to Macross especially since HG likes to act as though they do. All did was Sony back out of a skeevy deal, which worse case scenario would have resulted in them getting sued, because if the movie became profitable the companies owning the rights would have a reason to sue Sony and they'd win because HG never hear the rights to Macross to begin with nor do they have any basis for it.
>>
>>14070209
That's more HG's fault, since they're the ones approaching these movie companies with a pitch for an idea that they already know that they don't own the rights to.

They're also the ones who also go around lying to the fans about the state of affairs rather than and getting their hopes up. And Robotechfags are stupid enough to believe them.
>>
>>14069960
>the feministic Ghostbusters remake that we know is gonna tank
Are nerds still pissed about an all female Ghostbuster team?
>>
>>14071799

No idea, not a Ghostbuster's fan. The international trailer looks decent though. I don't like that they're apparently just ignoring the existence of the first film and in some way's redoing it, but I'll probably check it out.
>>
>>14071806
>they're apparently just ignoring the existence of the first film
I don't see what so wrong. That way they aren't "ruin" anything if its non-canon to the previous films.
>>
>>14071814

I don't care if it does, I'm just annoyed that it's not building it's story and cast's motives on those of the past. I like legacy stories.
>>
>>14058774
I liked Robotech's Southern Cross arc. And Robotech as a whole, when watched in a few marathon sessions, makes sense and is pretty good considering the time period. I mean, Mospaeda was no masterpiece.
>>
>>14071799
I thought they were pissed because Haig is a shit awful hack.
Have you even watched the trailer?
>>
>>14072183
Whats wrong with it?
>>
>>14072190
None of the chemistry the first GB team had, extremely stereotypical writing (sassy fat black lady who literally does some southern baptist PRAISEEEE JEEBUS shit, don't even mention the "Its a cadillac!" line), dated references (is this an Usher concert?"), awful electronic remix of the Ghostbuster theme and finally forcing Bill Murray to appear in the movie with threats of legal action. There's more, but I don't want to watch that shit again
>>
>>14072190
I know this is a Robotech thread and all but it's easy to tell that you have horrible trash taste just by having asked that so please get a trip so i can filter you'
>>
>>14072273
How about instead you grow up and stop being a little bitch because someone might like things you don't like.
>>
>>14072332
>w-well I'm allowed to have shit taste! just grow up!!
>>
>>14072369
Fuck off Mario
>>
>>14072190
The humor looks like Scary Movie 6. There's none of the dry wit that basically defines Ghostbusters, instead there's a scene where the black lady literally does the "the power of Christ compels you!" shtick while slapping someone. It's the sort of movie where you know they're going to have a scene where they're suiting up for the first time and the fat one has trouble with the zipper because dohoho she's fat.

The visuals are there, but the comedy looks like it's out of an early-2000s Owen Wilson comedy, not Ghostbusters.
>>
>>14072217
>forcing Bill Murray to appear in the movie with threats of legal action
Please tell me you are just trying to be funny anon. Tell me this isn't really a thing that happened.
>>
>>14072545
http://www.baka.com.au/entertainment/movies/sony-hack-bill-murray-almost-threatened-with-legal-action-over-ghostbusters-3-20141216-128372.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/sony-mulled-aggressive-action-murray-ghostbusters-article-1.2043556
>>
For some reason, this thread still looks like the April Fools format for me.
>>
>>14072545
>>14072554

Is he actually in the movie? Cause all that says is that they were considering it if he wouldn't agree. Which is scummy, but not indicting of actual legal action against him on it's own.
>>
>>14062294
Christ it feels like I've been reading news on the live action Akira's production being thrown around multiple people over ten years now.
>>
File: sAI2BW7.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
sAI2BW7.png
1 MB, 960x720
>>14071923
>I mean, Mospaeda was no masterpiece.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.