[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you feel about a new Gihrens Greed game, but based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Gihrens Greed.jpg (20 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
Gihrens Greed.jpg
20 KB, 299x300
What kind of What-if situations and decisions would you like to see being represented in it as well?
>>
>>14054612
I don't give a damn, I don't like Cosmic Era.
Especially if there is no PC release.
>>
>>14054624
PC releases only happen because of the western market
and bandai doesn't give a fuck about giving us games
>>
>>14054612

Rau's Revenge, ending is he wipes everyone out? Azrael's Avarice - where he creates a blue and pure world? Kira's friend becomes a successful Strike pilot?
>>
>>14054651
That's it.
>>
>>14054612
Nicole survives and beats Kira
The ending is the same as Macross with Nicole doing a piano concert that wins everyone over. Comes with a 1:1 piano gunpla that the player must build and play for the piano minigame at the end.
>>
>>14054652
Rau's Revenge: So Rau would have a commander scenario like from Shin Gihrens Greed and you would have the ability to destroy the three ships alliance and allow Genesis to fire on Earth, giving you his best ending? I'd be down for it.

Azreal's avarice: At least 800 or above Law and have gained the N-Jammer technology. During the attack on the PLANTS and Genesis, you redirect all nuclear attacks onto Genesis and win the final battle at Jachine due. The coordinators are subjected by the Earth alliance and the remnants of Z.A.F.T form into a violent A.E.U.G like group under the command of Durandal. Could be interesting.
>>
>>14054673
I could get behind the first half of that statement. Maybe if Nichols level is above A, he manages to escape his death and in conjunction with the other members of the Zala team, shoots down and captures the strike gundam. While Nicol would survive, it would take longer to get the N-jammer canceller due to his father not having a real motivation to speed up it's development.
>>
>>14054722
>KIRA WAS 15, HE LOVED THE ATHRUN
>>
How would the Earth Alliance be done honestly?
Would it just be Blue Cosmos factions, or would the Eurasian branch be it's own thing until being wiped out at JOSH-A?
>>
Have the destiny deployed to the Minerva prior to Angel Down. Archangel and Freedom are captured.Archangel crew now listed as Missing in Action.

Do not send a unit to intercept the destroy in Berlin, public support begins to fizzle for Z.A.F.T, Survivors among Neo, Stellar, Sting and Aeul return to active duty. During final battle of Neo Genesis, Cagali takes the place of Mu as pilot of the Aktsuki.
>>
CE is the second largest Gundam universe.

They could use AD with the three power blocs and add a few more mobile suit and vehicles in.
>>
>>14056028
00's universe I assume? While I like the idea of a game focusing on the 3 main nations from S1, I don't see how the game would work going into S2, unless it just focused on pre-00 territory and made A-LAWS it's own seperate faction to fight Katheron and Celestial Being.
>>
>>14054673
>Nicole survives and beats Kira

>You make it so he doesn't turn off his camo and just pops Kira from a safe distance
>>
>>14057093
You'd think Nichol would just keep the camo on as he was charging at Kira.
>>
>>14057340
We're talking about CE. No one thinks, unless you're Athrun and the camera is focused on you because you're brooding about... stuff.
>>
>>14057340
Nicole realised he was in SEED so he wanted to die
>>
>>14054612
The two wars in CE aren't enough to fill out a game
>>
File: United_Earth_Sphere_Alliance.jpg (14 KB, 336x216) Image search: [Google]
United_Earth_Sphere_Alliance.jpg
14 KB, 336x216
>>14054612

>CE Gihren's Greed.

It'd probably work out about as well as a After Colony Gihren's Greed--which is to say, not well at all.
>>
>>14054722
nicol's father designed the njc?
>>
>>14057458

CE at least has enough factions (EA, ZAFT, ORB, and TSA?) and what ifs to pull it off playing as Seirans ORB will still be hard mode since Yuna's stats are too low
>>
>>14057700
If I recall correctly, he was one of the key developers of the project, but could not bring himself to make the final push into getting it completed until his son was killed in action.
>>
>>14057722

[Earth Alliance]
Eurasian Federation: (Not sure who would lead) (General Scenario)
Atlantic Federation/Blue Cosmos: Muruta Azreal (General Scenario)
Earth Alliance/LOGOS: Djbril (General Scenario)
Eurasian Federation:Marrue Ramius (Captain Scenario)
Earth Alliance/ LOGOS: Neo Rohonke (Captain Scenario)
Eurasian Federation: Kira Yamato (Pilot Scenario)
Eurasian Federation: Mu La Flaga (Captain Scenario)
Eurasian Federation: Sai Argyle (Pilot Scenario)

[Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaties]
Z.A.F.T: Patrick Zala (General Scenario)
PLANTS: Gilbert Durrandal (General Scenario
Z.A.F.T: Rau le Cruset (Captain Scenario)
Z.A.F.T: Athrun Zala (Captain Scenario)
Z.A.F.T: Andrew Waltfelt (Captain Scenario)
Z.A.F.T: Yzak Joul (Pilot Scenario)
PLANTS: Shinn Asuka (Pilot Scenario)
PLANTS: Talia Gladys (Captain Scenario)

[ORB/ Three Ships Alliance]

ORB: Uzumi Athha (General Scenario)
Three Ships Alliance: Lacus Clyne (General Scenario)
Terminal: Lacus Clyne (General Scenario)
ORB: Yuna Seyran (General Scenario)
Terminal: Kira Yamato (Commander Scenario)

If we went by how the new Gihrens Greed did things, we would have plenty to work with. Even if we cut own non-essential leadership, that's still plenty to build a game out of, especially if you added in bits and pieces from Astray.
>>
>>14059069

>The Archangel Crew
>Eurasia Federation

They belong to the Atlantic Federation, which is why the Eurasia general guy in Artemis were so keen on trying to seize the Strike and Archangel for data when they docked. I guess Eurasia Federation can also be considered "Hard Mode" as well since they basically got shit on so many times throughout
>>
>>14059448
Was the commanding force at Artemis Eurasian Federation? I was unaware. Also i'd imagine that the Eurasian Federation campaign would end either at JOSH-A, or a civil war would break out between the Eurasian and Atlantic/Blue Cosmos factions following the incident if JOSH-A was a failure.
>>
>>14057458
I'd disagree, While Wing and 00 both have situations where a Gihrens Greed game would not work to well, CE tended to have enough side story pilots and material to cover an entire game. Granted if this about this highly imbalanced nature of the shows mobile suits being able to clear out entire fleets,I can see what you are getting at.
>>
Gihren's Greed works because there are over a dozen UC entries, both animated works and other video games.

SEED, while it would be neat for a game of a similar premise, would need a few more entries. Albeit Astray definitely beefs up the roster when you count everything in it.
>>
For much shorter entries.

Fuck what was the 00 timeline called?

Anyway that from the Solar Wars going forward.

AGE would work.

If we knew more about Calamity War IBO I don't think that would be bad either.
>>
TM Revolution characters live
>>
>>14061004
Save Miguel: Don't send him out in another sortie against the Archangel, after surviving he will become a part of the Zala team events. Following Strike destruction or it surviving after Nichols death, Miguel will be playable again.

Heine path: Have Heine at level A or above, he manages to repel Kira and escape his death at the hands of Stellar. His survival leads him to become playable again, along with unlocking a custom variant of the Destiny after the original is developed.

I'd be down to have them both survive their deaths in game.
>>
What would the effect of Meer not taking that bullet for Lacus be, if everything had played out like in the anime up until that point?
>>
>>14063157
Hard to say, not sure how that event would play out in-game if no other event played up differently in the timeline.

A). Lacus is killed in action, Terminal leadership is transferred to Cagali for the remainder of the game. Meer is placed under house arrest by Z.A.F.T forces until conflict ends.

B). Meer defects to Terminal, attempting to act as the real Lacus to try and keep moral up within Terminal.
>>
I would feel better about Gihren's Greed in English
>>
>>14063242
A full on subbed version of Axis V would be fantastic, though I doubt we will ever get an official version.
>>
>>14063246
Even menus would be fine

Like patched fucking menus instead of being forced to rely on jpegs with menus in english in mspaint
>>
>>14063252
The menus themselves are not to bad to traverse on the PS1 and PSP versions. a couple of hours and they are not to bad to memorize, though Gihrens Ambition for PS2 is a bloody nightmare to try and memorize.
>>
>>14063185
Maybe Kira takes a morale hit, a larger one for the first option, that affects his performance at the Battle of Messiah and his ability to pass a Charisma check against Rey in Durandal's throne room.
>>
>>14063902
I'd imagine in this path you could avoid the historical ending of Destiny and Kira would be killed at Messiah, and Requiem would fire onto ORB, ending the war, but granting a normal ending instead of a true ending.
>>
>>14063979

I'd reckon Durandal's ZAFT will have at least three possibilities for endings:

Histroical Ending aka LOL FLAWLESS VICTORY
Normal Ending: Defeats Terminal and ORB, but failed to enforce Destiny Plan
"True" (?) Ending: Managed to get Kira and Lacus on board, FLAWLESS VICTORY for ZAFT and Destiny Plan is enforced
>>
>>14054612
I would absolutely love another Gihrens Greed game.

A CE and AD spinoff would also be really nice.
>>
>>14064173
How to get historical ending: Kira and Athrun are currently in Terminal, choose to broadcast the Destiny plan following the death of Djbril.

Normal ending: Do not broadcast destiny plan, repel Terminal Fleet attacking Messiah. Defeat remnants at ORB.

True ending: Defeated Kira in Angel Down, have alignment at 800 or higher prior to Athruns defections, Athrun will remain and helm the Legend Gundam. Follow the plotline until the final battle of Messiah, Have alignment at 1000 and Kira will ultimately choose to join up with Z.A.F.T. Defeat any ORB remnants and you gain the true ending, Destiny plan is enforced and mankind is sent into a pseudo golden-age.
>>
I'd play a Gihrens Greed game set in the Advanced Generation.
>>
>>14065276

I'd assuming getting better endings (even just not getting beaten) for EA and Seiran's ORB would probably be even harder since the odds are stacked so hard against them

>>14065285

>Play as Flit / Earth Federation in general
>Forced to waste resources every single Turn to deal with Vagan spies and sympathizers
>Enemies pop up out of nowhere because LOL HINO VIDEO GAME LOGIC

Playing as Vagan might actually be EASY MODO at this point since you randomly gets reinforcements and have a much easier time to espionage against your enemy
>>
>>14054612
>How would you feel about a new Gihrens Greed game, but based on the Cosmic Era?
one can only
kill
himself of disgust
once
>>
>>14066622
The Seed version of the EA would play out a lot like Revils Federation from Gihrens Greed, start out with trash technology, but eventually get badass, army stomping unit for the mid game until finding a stable middle ground near the end of the war. By the time of Jachine Due, Z.A.F.T would have access to the Guaize series, which would be hell for most EA mass production units like the strike Dagger and the 108 daggers to take on.

Logos on the other hand would have some damned good technology and a lot of funding behind it like the Titans from Axis V, but have plenty of events which would bog down it's alignment, leading to a bad ending or a much tougher situation near the end of the game. For example, choosing to deploy the Destroy gundam into Berlin would cripple ZAFT efforts in that area, but would cost you massive amounts of alignment and two damned good pilots, and a helluva lot of morale loss. Eventually letting you alignment get to low by the time of the attack on Havens Base would lead to much of your members to defect into anti-logos forces.
>>
>>14066679

What ifs that could help EA in SEED:

- Don't use Cyclops in JOSH-A (increases alignment and reduces chance of Eurasia from defecting when you go into SEED Destiny chapters. Archangel remains)
- Don't invade ORB (again, increases alignment and if it is really high ORB might even join you with Sahakus backstab Uzumi instead. Cagalli flees as usual)
- Keep Blue Cosmos / Azrael in check to prevent historical ending

Frankly the choices basically add up to "don't be a dick towards Eurasia Federation so they won't betray you down the road"
>>
>>14066849
Those all sound accurate to how it would be done, though I don't think keeping the Archangel crew should be possible, due to all the major plot event changes it would cause, unless keeping the Archangel would lead to Blue Cosmos EA forming into its own rebellion. Using the Cyclops in JOSH-A would remove that base from the map and lead to the loss of the entire Archangel unit, but wipe out over 80% of the invading ZAFT force, unless Kira has the freedom, which would take it down to about 70%
>>
File: CHAAAAAAAAAAAR.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CHAAAAAAAAAAAR.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>14054612
>>
>>14067045
Did Garma actually get along with her when they were both not dead? All I know was he and Dozle were BFFs.
>>
File: VAeXKm5.jpg (139 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
VAeXKm5.jpg
139 KB, 1000x1000
>>14067064
Garma was the favorite Zabi child. Everyone loved him.

Except Gihren. Gihren was indifferent to Garma. Mostly because he only had room in his cold dead heart for one person. Pic related.
>>
>>14067102
He have at least sort of liked Glemmy's mom.
>>
>How would you feel about a new Gihrens Greed game
In heaven

>but based on the Cosmic Era?
lol fuck off
>>
>>14067146

You don't want to fulfill your MUH BLUE AND PURE WORLD, RAU WAS RIGHT, and SPACE COMMUNISM fantasies along with satisfying your hate boner against Kira and Lacus?

In all fairness what could a new Gihren's Greed for PS3/4/Vita bring besides better animation and updated system? More sidestory materials?
>>
>>14067329
0081 and Side Stories would be nice additions to add into the game, maybe even add in F91, Crossbone and Victory scenarios. Still, the rather mediocre sales of Shin Gihren no Yabou have most likely put the series in stasis for a while.
>>
>>14067329
A lot more sidestories, named pilots

Post Neo-Zeon campaigns with survivors of the Zeon conflict like Judau
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.