[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have all the Cutie Honey anime been shit except the original?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Cutey Honey.jpg (74 KB, 318x450) Image search: [Google]
Cutey Honey.jpg
74 KB, 318x450
Why have all the Cutie Honey anime been shit except the original?

The 90's OVA doesn't even feel like Cutie Honey, the 90's TV series is shoujo shit, and the Gainax OVA, while pretty, is fucking garbage.

Why?
>>
>Toei anime
>original
Fuck off
>>
>>14054219
Would you inform me on a Cutie Honey anime that predates Toei's?
>>
>>14054311
漫画版 1973年9月1日号 - 1974年3月29日号
アニメ版 1973年10月13日 - 1974年3月30日
>>
>>14054374

The manga is still shit, which makes the Toei anime still the only good version of Cutie Honey.
>>
>70s Toei Cutie Honey is best
Agree.
>the Gainax OVA, while pretty, is fucking garbage.
Strongly disagree. I found it to be very enjoyable and it gets major points for having an actual ending for once, though 70s series is still better.
>>
>>14054374
I said anime you dweeb
>>
>>14054425
Didn't Flash also have an ending? Then again no one is subbing that.
>>
>>14054533
It has a cheesy Russian sub. Something what gg would do if they were high. Maybe somebody will fix it and make bad English.
>>
>>14054412
Sure thing spic.

Why don't you go fuck a bull while you're at it?
>>
>>14052952
>The 90's OVA doesn't even feel like Cutie Honey,
Except you're wrong as always, Mario.

The 90s OVA is Nagai's true vision of Honey. Honey wasn't supposed to be this light hearted magical girl for kids. She was supposed to be the grim warrior of justice standing up to all these evil lesbos who are ruining the world with their shit.

The darker colour palette fits that as well. If you don't like 90s Honey, then you don't like Honey and you're probably a cucked faggot as well.
>>
You're doing a real good job of showing everyone that you're totally not one of the greatest cancers on this board DPfags
>>
>>14054575
Either that or Silver Castle deciding to cover it, if they branch out of the more obvious mecha stuff (although Honey is human in this iteration).
>>
>>14054621
Aww his feelings are hurt
>>
>>14052952
OVA is the best Honey. It's not monotonous as the old TV and looks far more better.
>>
>>14054616
Nagai's original vision kinda sucks, then.
But what can you expect of a guy who thinks that schoolgirls who look male bodybuilders with tons of body hair and pantsless detectives with hemorrhoids running around with their assholes literally bleeding on the floor is hilarious comedy?
>>
>Honey wasn't supposed to be this light hearted magical girl for kids

It never was
>>
>>14054219
>>14054374
You realize that when Nagai develops a manga and a studio like Toei hears about it and want to animoot it, they call him up and start working together.
This happened with Mazinger Z as well.
>>
>>14054694
Those are funny though.
>>
>>14054798
Well not in the case of Gaiking, but we all know how that ended up. LAWSUIT
>>
>>14054694
Nagai's vision doesn't suck. You suck for buying into the magical girl bs. Only Nagai has the balls to make honey an icon of true feminism. Go get cucked somewhere else Mario.
>>
>>14054798
And you realize the manga is always planned first with the anime being Toei's version of the manga, right? Devilman is the only exception, and even that was just an anime developed from Demon Lord Dante.
>>
>any version of Cutey Honey
>bad
Pick one.
>>
>>14055656
The sailor moon one is questionable.
>>
>>14055656
I think The Live is bad. The actress playing Honey is hot, but this is also the dumbest ditziest Honey has ever been. The villains were all shit aside from Mark Musashi, in fact they weren't Panther Claw in anything but name. And I won't accept a straight Natsuko.

I think the original manga is pretty bad too, cry me a river if this offends you.

The gritty dark movie with an ugly actress currently in production is gonna suck balls and you know it.
>>
>>14054768
>>Honey wasn't supposed to be this light hearted magical girl for kids
>It never was

It's so weird Toei did that. I guess they needed something to fill in the timeslot once Sailor Moon was over
>>
>>14055723
The original manga is pretty funny, imo
>>
>>14055723
>The Live
Since Inoue wrote that, I don't think people will contest that much. Mikie Hara was pretty much perfect for the role at least.
>>
>>14055723
>The Live
>bad

Not in the slightest.
>>
>>14055750
>Since Inoue wrote that, I don't think people will contest that much.
I will. It's one of those rare instances where Inoue shows restraint while writing for an older audience; the costumes were great, the story was decent for a one-off thing, the MISUNDERSTANDINGS were confined to one character, and I don't mind the ending one bit.

And I'm gonna disagree with >>14055723, too, because I thought Tanaka was great.
>>
>>14054533

https://youtu.be/_vCgOlX_fhE
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.