[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished G Gundam fucking finally. Anybody wanna have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: img-mf-shining-gundam.jpg (488 KB, 1200x855) Image search: [Google]
img-mf-shining-gundam.jpg
488 KB, 1200x855
I just finished G Gundam fucking finally. Anybody wanna have a thread about it? What are some moments that stuck out for you?

>"WITH THE HELP OF MY BROTHER KYOJI"
>Everything about the Gienna Highlands arc
>Schwartz's sad and slightly fucked up origin story
>Kyoji's death
>Master Asia's death
>Wong getting absolutely fucked twice
>Neo Nepal guy comes back for the finale

BRAVO IMAGAWA
I openly sobbed during Master Asia's death
>>
During the tournament arc when one of Gundams was literally just a windmill with arms and legs.
>>
File: marmeid[1].jpg (35 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
marmeid[1].jpg
35 KB, 512x384
I liked the fight between Dragon Gundam and the surprisingly capable Mermaid Gundam.
>>
Guyana, you homo.
>>
>>14052314
I came into this knowing it was Super Robot and still felt kind of weirded out that Chibodee could throw his punches whenever he felt like it. Then when it got to the machine gun blow it just sort of 'clicked', and my mind finally rolled with it.

The actual King of Hearts was the best attack though.
>>
>>14052453
>The actual King of Hearts was the best attack though.

Fuck me, how did I forget about that? that shit was amazing
>>
>>14052453
>you will never power your final attack with you and your waifu's love
>the Burger King himself will never destroy your ultimate opponent
>>
File: GF13-050NSW_Nobel_Gundam.png (88 KB, 252x490) Image search: [Google]
GF13-050NSW_Nobel_Gundam.png
88 KB, 252x490
BEAM RIBBONS
>>
>>14052314
Mostly the episodic side stories. The main plot was just becoming more and more retarded as the story went on.
>>
Master Asia's debut. Out of nowhere this masked man shows up and KICKS THE SHIT out of the Death Army MSs without using a suit. That just blew me away.

And then that fucking Greeting.

So damn good.

Oh and the debut of the Master Gundam. To this day I still consider it the coolest Gundam I've ever seen.
>>
>watch all of the early UC gundam shit with a friend over several months
>burnt out as fuck on it
>different friend pressures us into going and watching G Gundam

The first time we watched the first OP just completely broke us. We had to rewatch the episode as we were still laughing through all the opening narration and missed it all.
>>
>>14052634
>Flying In The Sky
>broke us
what? I listen to that song every day it's so good
>>
>>14052358
>Yeah sorry bro, we don't have enough parts to keep your MF in top fighting condition. Good on ya for reaching the finals though!
>Devil colony battle
>Shit's goin down, LAUNCH ALL FORTY MERMAID GUNDAMS!!1
>>
>>14052639
Broke us as in we couldn't stop laughing. We both absolutely love the song but it's still the most ridiculous fucking thing.
>>
>>14052642
FRYING DA SKY
>>
File: Best_53a55d_2303209.jpg (63 KB, 744x415) Image search: [Google]
Best_53a55d_2303209.jpg
63 KB, 744x415
>tfw this is the only time crossbone will be animated
>>
>>14052654
Surely there was a regular Crossbone in BF?
>>
Domon is the best protagonist.
>>
Isn't it Jiminy Crocket? Like Jiminy Cricket plus Davey Crocket.
>>
I like how that blind assassin guy who slew his competition outside their mechanic was forgiven for all his crimes and portrayed as heroic.
>>
>>14052526
whips*
>>
>>14052730
>>14052730

Whatever the original intent, and I can totally believe they meant it to be something like "Jiminy", his official name is Chibodee. Fuck me if I know what it's supposed to mean.
>>
God>Shining. HATE ME IF YOU MUST.
>>
>>14052314

Don't forget the final match between Domon and Saisaici. That whole sequence as the Dragon Gundam loses its limbs but keeps fighting, only to activate the Ryuusei Kochouken to try and finish Domon off, the dual proclamation of the God Finger invocation, the MUSIC.

Fuck now I need to go watch that again.
>>
>>14052843
>God
>not calling it burning
>>
>>14052847
How are Burning and Shining remotely similar concepts? God sounds cooler anyway.
>>
>Blu-ray fucking never
Goddamn Sunrise
>>
>>14052855
At least better DVD masters would be nice, especially if Right Stuff will get around to releasing/licensing the show.
>>
>>14052850
Intensity. A flame shines, a flame burns.
>>
File: shuffle.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
shuffle.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
These guys getting serious PTSD
>>
>>14052314
Am I the only one who thinks Shining gundam looks fucking retarded with rhe face open and all of the fins up?
>>
>>14053458
Yes.
I liked how the shining Gundam theme played when domon went after rain in space after not hearing it for a ton of episodes
>>
>>14052855
G and X are the only Gundam series left that still need blurays, we'll get it eventually.
>>
>>14052453
This entire sequence was 100% Cheese, and I still love it!
https://youtu.be/X29oLibbGXQ
>>
>>14052458
don't forget that the actual impact is shaped like a heart
>>
>>14053458
Yes. Domon should have a national stereotype Gundam just like everyone else, and full samurai mode Shining is that. That's why I don't like God as much.
>>
>>14053561
>forgetting 0080
step up
>>
>>14053630
God Gundam has a literal rising sun behind it.
>>
File: Allenby 5.jpg (91 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
Allenby 5.jpg
91 KB, 768x960
>>14052314
>That last spoiler

Same here man. G is what got me into Gundam and /m/ in general (well I guess Beast wars was the catalyst but G properly sold me on /m/ stuff outside of Transformers) back when I was like Eight and caught it on Toonami. Loved it ever since still one of my favorite series. Rewatched it a few times since (latest being last year) and it still lives up to my nostalgia hype thankfully.

Posting Best Girl.

>>14052563
Master Asia showing up is probably the coolest shit in the world.
>>
>>14052837
Chibodee is a popular name in the South.I was surprised when it was revealed that he was from New York.
>>
>>14053587
>not the dub
uh hello this is the one time the dub is good in a gundam series
>>
>>14053809
Tfw she jobbed to bearguy in gbf.
Also is allenby older than domon? You see a young domon later with kyoji and his parents building a spiegel Gundam and domons still a kid.
>>
>>14053802
Not enough. That's like if Chibodee had a generic Gundam that just happened to have some starts on a blue background on it.
>>
I cried way, way more when Kyoji died than when Master Asia did

Also I had a severe anti-spoiler with this game. Playing SRW I always thought that Allenby died
>>
File: Alice.jpg (73 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
73 KB, 600x800
>>14053837
Allenby was just a look alike anon.

No need to look to deep into Cameos...fuckin sucks she jobbed though.
>>
>>14052664
A Full Cloth actually, in Try
>>
>>14053854
I'm not at home so I can't reupload the G-Files for op. Someone else needs to.
>>
>>14053933
Didn't mean to reply there
>>
>>14053933
Someone do the lords work, no OP but I'm interested in seeing them as well.
>>
>>14052855
I can't believe G and 0080, two of the best Gundam series, are some of the last to get Blu-Rays. I want to see G Gundam's second OP in Blu-Ray quality so bad.
>>
>>14053816
>Chibodee is a popular name in the south
No it isn't don't lie to people.
>>
>>14054394
I've never heard the name Chibodee outside of G Gundam. I figured it was just some hodgepodge moonspeak made up American name.
>>
>>14052855
>More G Gundam toys never
help me

>>14053809
I'm glad I'm not the only one

>best girl
hey wait that's not a pic of George
Allenby is great though
>>
>>14054030
>G
>one of the best

Great /m/eme!
>>
>>14055128

compared to most gundam series, that isn't far off
>>
Shining Gundam > Burning Gundam
>>
>>14055785
This.

too bad about him being the creation of literal human scum though
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (24 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
24 KB, 400x399
>>14053838
Its dual V-fin made the head look like a samurai helmet and it had exaggerated hip plates similar to samurai armor. Unlike the Shining, it attacks with burning Japanese spirit, can fire Ki blasts and create illusory doppelgangers like a ninja

I'd say it's pretty fucking Japanese. All it's missing is a beam katana shaped like an actual katana
>>
>>14055785
I honestly felt sadder for Shining being left behind in the Guyana Highlands than many of the major deaths. Seeing it laying on the hill, staring at the sky in the second OP was a terrible feeling.
>>
>>14052314
I thought it was pretty clever they made the twist for Schwartz seem like it was just Kyoji but instead it's really a robot that's controlled by him while he's still in the Devil Gundam.
>>
>>14055886
Don't forget how the robot is technically still the German Gundam fighter
>>
>>14053841
Whoah, she dies in SRW?
>>
Allenby the fairy
Everyone gets laid epilogue
That heart shaped hole
Can't forget the liberty cannon
Rain getting her skirt pulled up and saisaichi flipping out

Honestly the both season finales were orgasm inducing
>>
>>14057062
In SRW A she dies and saving her is a secret which ties to saving Master Asia.
>>
Magnet episode is still the best episode to me.

And now im home, so I guess I can do this >>14053933

https://mega.nz/#!D4diQLjL!7nV2epwSiRraO5hNUzv9BFcRoukg8cH9i6Yzv-NwyIo
>>
File: 500px-Bolt_gundam.jpg (45 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
500px-Bolt_gundam.jpg
45 KB, 500x618
>>
>>14053816
South what, America? South Africa?

Not in the US South, that's for sure.
>>
>>14057386
>SRW A
Is it translated? I am not up to speed on my SRW news.
>>
>>14056571
and that the german fighter's morals made him realize the fact that what he's doing is wrong

I forgot how the devil gundam stumbled upon the german fighter though
>>
>>14052642
Listen to the Chinese version for absolute hilarity.
>>
/m/, ANSWER ME!

THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST!
>>
>>14061800
THE WINDS OF THE KING
>>
>>14061838
ZENSHIN

Why weren't zenshin and keiretsu translated in the dub? Not Japanese words?
>>
>>14062107
KEIRETSU!
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.