[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ineffectual throughout almost the entirety of the show >MUH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Dalton.jpg (81 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Dalton.jpg
81 KB, 650x650
>ineffectual throughout almost the entirety of the show
>MUH CRANK is basically the only defining trait of his personality next to buddying up with Gali
>So irrelevant that Mika outright ignores him in earlier engagements
>Doesn't even get to kill the person who pilfered his commander's Graze
>Everyone thought to be killed by him is alive and well
>Gets emotionlessly killed by Mika just like almost everyone else he's faced
>Dies without having accomplished anything

At least Jerid did shit, Jesus. I almost feel bad for this guy.
>>
File: 213246363634634.jpg (126 KB, 640x818) Image search: [Google]
213246363634634.jpg
126 KB, 640x818
Sorry, can't hear you over IDEALS.
>>
File: Red Frame vs Tallgoose.png (935 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Red Frame vs Tallgoose.png
935 KB, 1280x720
>muh folded 1000 times japanese steel Katana
>>
File: [intense vomiting].jpg (52 KB, 842x223) Image search: [Google]
[intense vomiting].jpg
52 KB, 842x223
>>14048126
I think I threw up a little in my mouth on that scene. And felt sick for the rest of the episode.
>>
>>14048099
>I almost feel bad for this guy.
I don't. He just wasted my time.
>>
File: 1459084970184.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1459084970184.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>14048126
>such visceral combat
>so gritty
>nobody pulls their punches
>you can really feel the weight of each blow
>focus on cockpit shots makes you really feel the horror of dieing in a tin can
>>
File: 1440268588095.png (727 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440268588095.png
727 KB, 1280x720
>yfw Ringo accomplished more than him
>>
>>14048126
Gomenasai, my name is Barbatos-Sama.

I’m a 200 year old Calamity War Mobile Suit (robot for you earthlings). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art of standing still on my hangar.

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license one episode ago, and I have been getting better every frame.
>>
EIN YOU WASTE OF SKIN
HUMAN GARBAGE
>>
File: Ringo Wins.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ringo Wins.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
>>14048198
And? Ringo a bro
>>
>>14048176
lame. they didnt have the balls to kill at least one of them? might as well be sitting around eating ice cream.
>>
>blabbing on about Crank and Gali gets killed half way through talking
kinda brutal but Ein is dead. Not too sure about Gali though.
>>
>>14048126
They could have said he attacked in a weak spot or something but nah, Ein just says he went through armor and everything
>>
>>14048238
Gali is dead tough, since he being alive would make Chocoman plans get fucked
>>
File: 1422769839356.jpg (32 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1422769839356.jpg
32 KB, 500x385
>defend Ein throughout the series
>tell everyone he ISNT just another Jerid
>last episode he actually wrecks everyone
>lol JUST KIDDING THEY'RE ALL ALIVE XD
>dies like a bitch to muh fighting spirit
FUCK YOU OKADA
>>
>>14048343
well Chocochar is the villain and all villains have a chink in their armor. that is a place where it'll crack. No way Mika can fighting spirit his way through Chocochar.
>>
>>14048238

They could asspull either of them as surviving if they wanted to. No corpse = no guaranteed kill. Not when it's a name. We've seen people get cut in half by giant swords, or get turned into a bloodstain on the snow, but they don't show us either Ein or Gali-Gali's bodies? Or if they were feeling queasy about gore, even blood on the end of the swords?

I know it's unlikely, but one can hope. I'm sure Ein can still pilot even if he's just a head in a jar.
>>
>carta had a kill
>>
>>14048099
Jobbest of all.
>>
I agree with most complaints about Ein, but I thought that the shot of his body looking vacant and motionless as his speakers/radio screamed at Mika was a nice touch.
>>
More incompetent than fucking Cronicle.
>>
Has any Gundam ever had every antagonists be as ineffectual as IBO's?
>>
>>14048822
The original
>>
>>14048839
Zeon fucked shit up here an there actually.
So no.
>>
>>14048099
>Guy with 0 personality is the best character

They fucked up.
>>
>>14048099
>Everyone thought to be killed by him is alive and well
That's some bullshit right here.
>>
>>14048822
Seeing as Antags previously have always been experienced military and not glorified space police, it's not quite a fair comparison.
Basically no though.
>>
>>14048805
>gets his mech stolen by a little kid
Not really, no.
>>
>>14048439
Carta was Gjallarhorn's MVP
>>
>>14048866
Technically, there was also Teiwaz who immediately ended up siding with them, and space pirates who were used as a tool to give them an additional Gundam.
>>
File: robocop-2-pic-4.jpg (577 KB, 1902x1028) Image search: [Google]
robocop-2-pic-4.jpg
577 KB, 1902x1028
>>14048099
he jobbed harder than this guy
>>
>>14048867
You say that as if Uso isn't a genius.
>>
>>14048913
Well, normally when I think of antagonists, I assume they are for at least a whole arc, which those weren't. But you're right that the pirates weren't much threat either.
>>
>>14048918
Uso's Gundam jack was more of a luck thing.
Now Garrod, that's a proper Gundam jacker.
>>
>S2
>Ein is just a head in a jar in a Graze
>Controls his own Graze army like Bits from Gundam X
>They get names reflecting their specialization
>Together they spell out CRANK
>>
>>14048822
Not sure if Superior Defender even counts, but 90% of the Dark Axis is made of inept clowns. Only the big bosses (and Sazabi's elite squadron) were remotely threatening.
>>
>>14048954
>still kills no one.
>>
After what they did with Ein this show can only be saved by going Geass/Ange tier retarded for fun.
>>
>>14048967
Gaelio returning and working against McGillis would make me be excited about what they'd do.
>>
>People try to tell me he wasn't a Jerid.
>he's actually less competent than Jerid.
>>
>>14048099
literally best character
>>
>>14049257
despite everything said in this thread this is sadly true
>>
>>14048937
That batch of episodes was excellent.
>>
At least Jerid could get a girl. Of course Kamille killed them, almost as soon as they should up, but still.
>>
>>14048126
Mika literally teleported 100 meters behind him in one second. Also I don't know who was in charge of editing the action sequences/approving of storyboards but this guy needs to be fired asap.
>>
>>14048126

>I have a half assed AV system
>asking my gundam to make me faster somehow works
>even though my opponent is using the real deal and its literally the only thing keeping him alive
>this also makes my sword sharper and makes my enemy stand around stupidly saying "what?!"
>>
>>14048126
What a trainwreck. You just keep hoping it won't be as bad as it is, then it gets worse
>>
>>14049660
It has to be a psychoframe. That's the only reasonable explanation.
>>
File: AV.png (7 KB, 673x155) Image search: [Google]
AV.png
7 KB, 673x155
>>14049693
Underrrated post.
>>
>>14048914

Nigga what, RoboCain didn't go down easy at all!
>>
>>14049660
Ein was teleporting all over the place last episode
I'm guessing it's just shit scene direction/choreography/storyboarding
>>
>>14048126
>like butter
I'm fucking pissed because it just shows that the frames aren't even that much stronger than anything else so there's now absolutely no reason why they shouldn't just aim right for those completely nonsensical exposed waists
>>
Im literally gobsmacked, I did enjoy watching the show despite the retardation of pacing but crimany NONE of the pilots that Ein attacked died? Hell if it weren't for the MS designs this show would be worse than AGE
>>
File: ein more like zero.jpg (312 KB, 1280x760) Image search: [Google]
ein more like zero.jpg
312 KB, 1280x760
>>14050116
Ein should be henceforth be called Null

tn: null means zero
>>
>>14048369
>No way Mika can fighting spirit his way through Chocochar
Given how he asspulled himself from certain defeat this episode? Anything can happen
>>
>>14048839
>killed Ryu
>killed Sleggar
>killed Kai's girlfriend
>killed Matilda
>killed 1/3 of the EFSF
>killed Revil AND Degwin
>killed Garma
>killed Matilda's husbando
>even killed Gihren the fucking madmen
>Char fought Amuro to a standstill and they both got wrecked
>Amuro wouldn't even have survived if it wasn't for those kids who guided him out meanwhile Char escapes flawlessly while assassinating Kycillia with a bazooka

Zeon got a ton of shit done. In fact, Zeon was responsible for 4/5 of their own leaderships' deaths
>>
File: explain this shit.png (76 KB, 1267x1008) Image search: [Google]
explain this shit.png
76 KB, 1267x1008
>>14050062
>I'm guessing it's just shit scene direction/choreography/storyboarding
>>
File: grodek_ainoa_8155.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
grodek_ainoa_8155.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>14050116
This show is asolutely worse than AGE.
>>
>>14050130
The waist should be thinner
>>
>>14050142
Don't lie.
>>
>>14049693
I think Ein was stunned at the amount of bullshit that just happened there, the katana somehow grew sharper and Barbatos became stronger for no reason, I know my mind would freeze if something like this happened
>>
>>14048176
they could at least kill one of them, probably Shino so his gay admirer had a reason to cry.
>>
>>14049382
>>14049123
I think at least Jerid got someone, nobody on the opponent side got any kills other than fucking Biscuit
>>
>>14050148
Its not a lie, aside from the Kio arc that was pure unadultered retarded it had interesting fights and characters or did you forget SUPAH PILOT with bgm to accompany and everything that was the G-Bouncer
>>
>>14050154
Jerid at least had a reason to be called a ace, the problem is that he went against Kamille who is powered by his own autism, Ein failed to kill anyone he tried and fucking Carta managed to score a kill in considerable less time
>>
>>14049693
To be fair, the katana just asks for force behind its swing. Mika was always good at applying force with impact weaponry like the maces, but he kept thinking the katana was for stabbing the cracks of armor when, being a blade and all, it does its damage against relatively softer targets by concentrating all forces to a narrow edge.

Incidentally, the rise of maces and warhammers was a response to hardened armor, which swords would bounce off of since they were no longer the harder of the two. The mechanics of nanolaminate aren't exactly well defined either so we don't really know on a materials level which is the harder object between the katana and the Graze-01.

But still, if there ever was a time when going beyond the limits and achieving maximum Jap would do something, it's with a giant fucking katana being swung like a giant fucking katana should: a mighty swing, overwhelming in force as to strike the enemy down on the draw of the blade.
>>
>>14050150
>

lol this actually makes sense

>wait, what the fuck?
>he was just in front of m--
>how the FUCK did he just cut through my arm?!
>WHAT THE F--- *dead*
>>
>>14050165
Anon, the Ein Graze had enough armor strenght to withstand the dino mace but somehow got broken by a hinky dinky sword? I think this is one of the few cases with the literal 1000 folded blade
>>
>>14050156
>interesting characters

On paper perhaps. In execution...eh

>SUPAH PILOT
/m/ really hyped this up to more than it really was. Asemu got a plot power-up that just didn't have a power name attached it and /m/ declared it skill.

It was still plot magic, they just didn't choose to dignify it with anything resembling a ruleset.
>>
>>14050184
And yet people were far more interested in what happened in those two arcs than in the whole of IBO, what does that tell you? As shit as AGE may have been IBO managed to overcome it on sheer boredon, asspulls and commpletely flat characters
>>
File: woolf.jpg (31 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
woolf.jpg
31 KB, 500x281
>>14050148
No lies.
>>
>>14050156
>aside from the Kio arc that was pure unadultered retarded
Asemu's arc is the retarded one.
>SUPAH PILOT
Asemu was one of the worst charcter of the show, changing completely every time the plot needed him to.
>>
>>14050198
>Asemu's arc is the retarded one.
Yeah anon, the mars aids and how the big bad didn't simply fly away from there for reasons, him creating a clone at the last minute to be the final boss, the whole of the EXA database, the fucking LEMON MOBILE SUIT
Really a pilot going full shonen anime was teh most retarded
>>
>>14050180
Maybe the Graze can tank blunt hits better than raw penetrative ones
>>
>>14050180
The bigger issue was that Ein could parry and counter slow heavy attacks, turning Mika's expertise with heavy weapons into a liability.
>>
>>14050142
Nothing. NOTHING can be worse than AGE.
>>
>>14050209
And yet none of it is as retarded as 10 episodes of Asemu's turning into a dick waving cunt only to return to normal by getting his captain killed and anything happening in this arc being utterly irrelevant to the war.

>the mars aids and how the big bad didn't simply fly away from there for reasons
The guy was already dying from aids long ago and he needed his people to be on the edge. Blame the vagan for following a nutjob.
>him creating a clone at the last minute to be the final boss
It was 6-7 episodes before the final, foreshadowed long enough to not be an asspull. The real stupid shit is SID coming out of nowhere and docking with the Vagan Gear for no other reason than to be the faceless final boss.
>the fucking LEMON MOBILE SUIT
This one is not even a real problem.

>>14050238
Except for SEED and IBO. And Wing.
>>
>>14050238
The Kio arc as a 50-episode series.
>>
>>14050238
IBO is worse than AGE.
At least AGE had some decent fights and main MS that don't look like shit.
>>
>>14048346
just so sad
>>
>Here lies Ein he never scored
>>
File: AGE-hey.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AGE-hey.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>14050248
>Kio for 50 episodes
that would be awesome.

>25 episodes of AGE3 monster of the week action.
>5 episodes fighting Pirate Dad
>5 episodes in vagan land painting them up in a sympathetic light.
>15 episodes as FX running around trying to save the good vagans and killing the bad
>>
>>14048822
Wing's Earth Alliance?
>>
>>14050130
Booru'd
>>
>>14050049
Robocop 2 isn't some gay orphan shit.
>>
>>14053615
Aqua don't tell me you're an Einfag too
>>
>>14049123
>>14049382
Jerids a great character who got butchered in the crappy ass TV series among many other characters. Hey let's force in a mobile suit fight in every episode clearly this won't take away time that was planned for something else.
For such a long show I can count the fights that were worth a shit on one hand, quality over quantity prevails.

Fucking clowns at Sunrise, Tomino nailed it in the Zeta Gundam Novels(it's a direct sequel to the 0079 TV series not the 0079 Novels it's more what Tomino wanted to Zeta to be.)

On top of that people kinda forget how many people Jerid killed.
>>
>>14053635
I'm not, I thought he was an okay villain, but that last episode had too many asspulls and something like that is worth preserving IMO.
>>
>>14050639

> AGE-FX
> killing
>>
Dont compare him too Jerid, at least Jerid managed too make Camile suffer.
>kill his momma
>kill four
>kill apolly
>>
>>14053801
Jerid is also a legit thread, and has a gf
>>
>>14053801
>Kill Appoly
This should have hurted Char, not Kamille
>>
>>14053931
I't hurt me ;__;
Apolly tearing up whilst launching the shuttle and having to leave roberto behind still makes me sad
>>
>>14048099
His teen angst bullshit doesn't even have a body count.
>>
>>14048099
ein's sanctimonious screeching all through the finale was cringeworthy
he was interesting in the episode prior because hearing him coming to terms with the fact the he's now a monster and also seeing the realisations being verbalised by a 60 ft robot that at the time appeared to be slaughtering the cast was quite unsettling.
then they just threw it all away in the next episode
>>
>>14048346
So they winding up being alive because of some miracle somehow invalidates the fact that he kicked their asses?

And Mikazuki pushing himself to the point he lost the use of an arm and one eye, by overclocking the AV system to the point he was almost matched to Ein, just to be able to fight him, somehow makes Ein a pushover?

So unless you kill, you don't win, and if you lose, no matter how close the fight was, you're a jobber? Ok then.
>>
>>14054402
>So unless you kill, you don't win, and if you lose, no matter how close the fight was, you're a jobber?
yes
also unless they explain what mika did with the barbatos its just another asspull
>>
>>14054402

>Person A has state of the art, top line Computer. Quad Core
>Person B has a watered down budget Computer. dual core
>Person B can somehow overclock their PC to surpass t hat of Person A's

ok lel
>>
>>14054432
Wasn't it explained early on that you can't use the av system 100% without suffering the same kind of shit Mika did? Like the people with it don't use the maximum output because otherwise they'd be killed?
I thought this was explained somewhere, but if not barbatos was probably made to better utilize the AV or something.
>>
>>14054473
I see you don't know that Core2Duos can be pushed to absolutely retarded clock speeds if you don't care about killing it in fifteen minutes. Even higher if you go full retard with a freon radiator. Remember the 8Ghz pentium?
>>
>>14054497
what makes no sense is that during the fight mika basically says out loud that oh wait its not his strength or speed its his reactions, then he asks barbatos to give him "more" and somehow this allows his katana to cut through both armour and frame. the katana doesnt even have the excuse of having anything to do with gundam either, he got it from teiwaz
and if the frame is so easy cut through why not just go straight for the waist?
>>
>>14054530
kek, that was a solid effort.

You're forgetting though that without increasing the cache that boost in clockspeed is worthless. Quad core still wins the day.
>>
>>14054547
holy shit this. Being able to cut through the frame makes no fucking sense. How on earth could swinging the damn thing wrong stop it from cutting through a Gundam frame?
>>
>>14054497
Wasn't explained so much as outright stated and shown multiple times.
The statement that not many people can survive it, the way barbatos fucked mika up the first time he used it, the way that other guy who tried to use barbatos to move it had a full on seizure, the way eugene almost died while trying to fully control the ship through the av system, PLUS with them outright stating that Ein is using the real version of OR a more powerful version of the AV system.
Them asspulling this doesn't feel like an asspull, so much as them realizing at the last second that they had NO WAY to beat Ein OR make him look worse or evil or bad compared to mika, so they did a "FULL POWER" thing where he dropped what seems like a self imposed limiter/made a deal with a devil, and white beast, barbatos took from him his right eye and right arm.

Who knows what the other gundams will take for their faustian deals.
>>
>>14054626
i genuinely think its why mika and guts who had the surgery more than once suffer from some kind of lack of personality disorder
>>
File: Dreadnought00.jpg (334 KB, 1065x1024) Image search: [Google]
Dreadnought00.jpg
334 KB, 1065x1024
Atleast he became a Dreadnought
>>
>>14054650
Or it's because, I dunno, the reasons plainly stated in the series?
>>
>>14054605
Ask any fat weeb that couldn't cut a tatami with the sharpest sword on earth. Mika himself said it was hard to use when he was just trying to bludgeon shit with the sharp side. Supposedly it was for cutting exposed frames the entire time, and the armor on that section of arm looked pretty thin.
>>
>>14054675
>the reasons plainly stated in the series
which are?
>>
>>14054743
Given that you haven't watched the show I'm going to assume you're a reco-fag. How's it feel to have been reco'd by the superior show?
>>
File: EINZ.png (719 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EINZ.png
719 KB, 1280x720
>Ein actually survives the fight in EP25
>YFW
seriously, If he survives this I'll be pissed. Everyones saying gali survived because we didn't see the cockpit. thats the same for Ein as well.
>>
>>14054594
Except that Ein wasn't a quad core, just a much higher duo.
>>
>>14054790
>Everyones saying gali survived because we didn't see the cockpit
which is retarded since the people that survived ep24 all got cockpit shots whereas most early kills didn't get cockpit shots
>>
>>14048099
>Mika flat out tells him Crank wanted to die
>NO YOU'RE LYING
He deserved to die.
>>
Hey guys, maybe Crank is still alive! We never actually saw his body, did we?
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (213 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
213 KB, 1024x1024
>>14054815
yeah. So Gali has a super high chance of surviving. Even if shown dead, you can survive in IBO
>>
>>14054743
As for Mika, killing people as a kid kinda fucks up with you, yo.

Mika's personality is called "phlegmatic". He doesn't care about much, he just wants to set down in some peaceful place and have his farm. So he will kill anybody on his path to it with Orga being supposed to give him directions (and have you seen the scene when Mika made him remember that?). And he will wreck your shit if you hurt anything he cares about. He will return to consuming snacks afterwards.
I love in him he is a killing machine that, unlike Heero "Let me dramatically tell that I will kill you" and Setsuna "Let me ask about God while standing in the window of your bedroom" F. Seiei, doesn't give a shit about being a poser.

As for Guts, he also had his shit fucked since childhood. The entire Human Debris deal made him depressed and apathetic (so unlike Mika, he didn't have any goal), until he found people that genuinely cared about him (so faster than Mika he found something satisfying for himself). He is melancholic.
>>
File: IBO character.png (792 KB, 534x801) Image search: [Google]
IBO character.png
792 KB, 534x801
>>14054820
I am impressed he literally fits this to a T
>>
>>14054835
>Even if shown dead
nobody was shown dead
Gali is screwed because him surviving would cause a plothole, his chances are pretty low i'd say
>>
>>14048099
Everyone surviving was just to make 100% that Ein literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>14055024
>Everyone surviving was just to make 100% that Ein literally did nothing
fixed
>>
So what will season 2 be about?
00 S2 where A laws(reformed Gjallarhorn) will be exposed to justice?
I hope they replace Mika's arms. Make him wear a pirate eyepatch too.
>>
File: nani.jpg (11 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
nani.jpg
11 KB, 209x200
>>14055017
>gali being alive cause plot hole
>>
>>14055143
plothole as in McGills has no reason not to make sure Gali is dead, as Gali being alive would fuck over his plan.

either plothole or McGills suddenly becomes another incompetent character
>>
Gali being alive would be asspull territory like that time Gai came back in Guilty Crown to ruin Shoe's already horrible week.

It's reality bending over to fuck a character over in an artificial manner. It would make most sense for his sister to carry the revenge torch in his name.
>>
>>14049693
>>14050150

>the katana somehow grew sharper and Barbatos became stronger for no reason

How stupid can you guys be. I will agree that the animation and mecha designs in IBO leaves a lot to be desired but there was nothing wrong with the ending

>Mikazuki forces his Barbatos to increases the amount of data he can process with the Vayalawhatever system connected to his spine and brain
>with more control, Mika has more maneuverability and more physical control over the swords movements
>at a desperation attempt he removes parts of his armor and does a finishing slice and thrust
>this was at the expense of his upper right side of his body now being paralyzed

It's like you guys need everything spelled out for you, and it's very reasonable for a Gundam anime to end with a very "hype" desperation attack like that.
>>
>>14055336
It may have been okay if Mika wasn't such a bullshit protagonist from the beginning. The guy literally never had any difficulty, and the one and only time someone seems to have a slight edge over him, he just asspulls his way out. It's bad writing, don't even try to defend it.
>>
>>14055365
>thinking out your options, discovering an advantage, and then pressing that advantage to its absolute limit is now asspull territory

Illiterate does not mean incompetent.
>>
>>14055373
>h-hey, by the way, I can actually overclock my Alaya-Vijnaya just because!
Yeah, right. That's the definition of an asspull.
>>
>>14055388
They turned it down in episode two so it wouldn't kill him. He just turned it back up.
>>
>>14055395
They turned the limiter off in episode 2. You're mixing up stuff.
>>
>>14048099
>Aida has more confirmed kills than him

Suffering.
>>
>>14055388
I think the problem lied with Ein being a shitty last boss.
If it was someone with a less overpowered mobile suit, but a more competent fighter and character, then it would have recieved a better ending.
The pushing Barbados to its limits wasn't the problem, just how shitty EinGraze is that anyone beating him would seem like an asspull when talented pilots like Guts and those two other female pilots were stomped by Ein
>>
What do people like about this show? It's not the characters. Or sense of tension/atmosphere. Or the fights.
I guess the mecha are okay.
>>
>>14055238
>or McGills suddenly becomes another incompetent character

That's whats going to happen.
>>
>>14055373
People say that the fights were better because they were spaced out and actually had weight/importance to them but when Mika (and really Tekkadan in general) have little trouble with anything and never take consequences for their crazy schemes it's pretty lifeless. The funeral part was really forced but it was the only part we're supposed to acknowledge Tekkadan's losses before the final battle. Biscuit being the only character to die trivializes any danger they were in, too. The cast comes off as invincible as long as they say "we're gonna avenge our family by going to 'that place'" every couple of scenes. I'm not the other anon and the asspull finish could have been done much, much worse (at least the concept had hints of being able to adjust the data flow) but considering everything they got off damn clean.
>>
>>14055421
His mobile suit wasn't THAT overpowered. He just had better reaction speed than the average Alaya-Vijnaya, so it makes sense he would stomp the other fighters. Mika should've struggled and won with ingeniosity to overcome the technical difference, or maybe used the fact that Ein isn't accustomed to this system, stuff like that, not just a shitty power up. That would've been much less criticized.
>>
>>14055439
Mika taps into the true AV and begins to lose limb control, presumably why the torso plug setup is even a thing for Ein.

I think there's some inference that can be made about what happened, with Mika having to damage himself to get on Ein's level, something he and only he would do because of how overwhelmingly results oriented his thinking process is.

People who give the show shit for KUDELIA SUGOI seem to marginalize how much Mika is about the shortest path from A to B. He can't really grok diplomacy, to him words are nothing compared to action, and action is nothing if it doesn't achieve results. So here we have him being the one guy who will go to self maiming lengths to one up an enemy.
>>
>>14055439
>won with ingeniosity
"hey Barbatos, give me a power up so I can win this and use a katana as a stabbing weapon through the thickest part of his armour"
>>
>>14055455
>Mika taps into the true AV and begins to lose limb control, presumably why the torso plug setup is even a thing for Ein.
He still has control of his limb when connected to the Barbatos though, you're not really making any sense with this. It's just pure brain damage because it was overflowed with data.
>>14055459
>hey Barbatos, give me a power up so I can win this
That's some great ingeniosity, right.
>>
>>14055459
>"hey Barbatos, give me a power up so I can win
that was just for the cool factor, talking to mechas while their eyes light up
Barbados is not sentient but it's fun to pretend it is
It's like Exia and Setsuna
>>
>>14055281
>Gali being alive would be asspull territory
not really, Since if he is alive we don't know the context. If Chocochar really thought he was dead and just left the kimaris there and speeds off yeah thats retarded. but there could be dozens of ways on how he could be alive and get away.
>It would make most sense for his sister to carry the revenge torch in his name.
all my Whut? that'd make zero sense at all. Especially considering we don't know how much time is between S1 and S2. an 8 year old girl out to avenge her brother? super stupid.
>>
>>14055561
It's all fun and games until you've instilled into that 8 year old the ferocious need for revenge.

Even the cute ones can become viciously murderous with the right prodding.
>>
>>14055500
>Barbados is not sentient but it's fun to pretend it is
That thing definitely has some type of AI going on.
>>
>>14055592
I hope the show delves more into AI and cybernetics. I wanna see all the dangerous tech that helped end the war.
>>
>>14055592
That would be the only way to redeem this shitty ending a little bit but you can't expect anything good from Okada
>>
>>14055592
No it doesn't.
>>
I would agree...if I could really relate to him at all really. His absolute obsession, from day one, with commander crank or whatever his name was borderlined on stalker-like to me.

That, and he did the complete opposite of what Crank told him to do.

desu I just think he was a bad character. There was nothing really redeemable or even sympathetic about him, he just came across as uselessly deranged to me from day one and to be frank I kind of resented how much time the series gave to his early moping around about that damn commander of his.
>>
>>14055592
I think is more like, the more you use it, the more you depend of it, to the point Mikazuchi may end not much different from Ein

But of course this being gundam, he will be fine because MC
>>
File: ein.jpg (917 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ein.jpg
917 KB, 1920x1080
>>14054808
>Except that Ein wasn't a quad core, just a much higher duo.
>>
>>14054432
>losing the armor made him fast enough to appear behind Ein
>Katana was used to slice joints instead of armor
>Mika overclocked his shit to be able to react faster, blindsiding Ein

I am an idiot and I understood how this fight ended up to Mika.
>>
File: arm.png (864 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
arm.png
864 KB, 960x540
>>14056999
You might want to watch it again. All he purged was one pauldron at that point and suddenly was able to move from zero to the speed of light within less than a second to dodge an attack and then did in fact chop through the armor. Even so, somehow overclocking Barbatos' AV wouldn't improve your reaction speed at all. If anything, it would slow it down due to backed-up data. All that would do is maybe speed up Barbatos' response time and very marginally at that, especially considering all evidence throughout the series suggests that it is already able to respond almost instantly with just one whisker.

The fight was shit, man. The whole system was shit.
>>
Azee survived losing a few liters of blood from her head to return to her husbando

she later died of a cold
>>
>>14056999
>>losing the armor made him fast enough to appear behind Ein
You're a dumbfuck, this was only used as a distraction, that's all.
>>
What the actual fuck was that, holy shit. I didn't think it was too bad for the first 14 episodes or so but fuck that was a downward spiral. Some of the worst animation and character writing I've seen in ages.
>>
>>14049693
>Rides on his AV system for 90% of the show
>His rival not only gets an AV system, but an inherently better one
>He starts getting stomped so he just wills himself to be even betterer.
>>
File: 20160307122126dfd-1.jpg (80 KB, 534x727) Image search: [Google]
20160307122126dfd-1.jpg
80 KB, 534x727
Why are people surprised that a overclocked legendary gundam frame can slice off graze frame's arm at the elbow joint?

the elbow joint is not even that protected by the armor
>>
>>14057461
As much as Ein's AV being better than Mika, he's still piloting a Graze, albeit a much stronger one, still with a single Ahab reactor.
Mika might have an inferior AV but he is piloting a Gundam frame with two Ahab reactors.
>>
>>14057507
I don't understand, what part of my post are you disputing? The part where Mika is getting stomped? Because he is, as much as he is piloting a graze Ein still takes Mika to town.
>>
>>14049257
>muh Crank
>>
>>14055238
Anon, he's only competent because he's on Tekkadan's side. If he becomes an enemy he literally won't be allowed to do anything not resulting in Tekkadan's gain.
>>
>>14055592
I would love for them to reveal the reason Gundams have the names of devils is because they influence their pilots into making the world shittier places to be.
>>
>>14057487
Those feet look retarded
>>
>>14055500
>Barbados is not sentient but it's fun to pretend it is

Isn't it a Japanese cultural thing that objects have spirits? That's why they personify their Mecha so much even though they're not alive.

Mecha acting of their own accord even without AI is my favorite thing in shows.
>>
>>14055373
>discovering an advantage
The ability to become impossibly faster when he said he did not have enough fuel for his thrusters? Are you a fucking retard?
>>
File: 1450280535470.jpg (24 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1450280535470.jpg
24 KB, 401x372
>>14048126
I literally shit on my pants when I saw this scene. Really? Slice a 30-meter-behemoth's arms with a katana? Fuck.
>>
>>14048387
This guy. That would make Ein worse than the Black Knight.
>>
>>14048099
Fuck off. Ein at least had some kind of motivation. Paper thin as he was, he was still a far better character than fucking Mika.

I was sincerely rooting for Mika to just die on that last episode.
>>
>>14050150
Even Ein got stunned of OKADA'S BULLSHIT HAX that he just said 'What?"
>>
>>14057669
Let's be honest, who wasn't a better character than Mika?
>>
>>14057622
>Spoiler
I love that shit too
In before the Ayalathingy actual purpose is to copy the personality of the pilot
cockpit gets blow up, mech stands up by its own
>>
>>14057487
See how thick that joint is and how thin the katana Basbatos has?
>>
>>14057674
Orga, not saying he was worse but I don't see how he was any better
>>
>>14057674
Who was?

All the character are boring as fuck at least he's a manipulative nutter

But... At least kudelia doesn't sing.

Going through seed ... It gets muted a lot..
>>
>>14057674
In-universe? No idea. Out of universe? Maaaaaaaaybe Shinn...?
>>
>>14057707
Orga at least had the odd moments of introspection. I mean, they never amounted to anything of value, or changed his actions or attitude in *any* meaningful way, but at least he had them.
>>
>>14057151
In the IBO-world, head injuries are like slaps on the wrist. Unless you're Carta Issue, she's very weak to concussive forces.
>>
>>14055336
>"Hype"
I can't stand all these newfags talking about how hype such an awful show is. Boggles my mind.
>>
>>14057727
Absolutely, manipulative nutters are great when they can provide meaningful character interaction, but everyone in the show is as interesting as a sack of flour. There's just nothing that happens.
>>
>>14057727
>>14057865
How exactly is he manipulative? I didn't see that conversation with Orga as a manipulation, just a legitimate expression of Mika's thinking.
>>
>>14057669
>he was still a far better character than fucking Mika
You'd have to try to do worse than Mika.

>I was sincerely rooting for Mika to just die on that last episode
All the ones who didn't are either edgy kids or psychopaths.
>>
>>14057487
>>14057507
Because we were told that the graze was a better suit
The only advantage Mika had was the gundam av system and twin ahabs
I remember when ibo was first airing there were people genuinely trying to argue that barbatos was the this underdog grunt suit
>>
>>14057487
Waists aren't even protected by armour
Everyone tried to excuse this but saying that the waists are super strong
Now what?
>>
>>14054790
This genuinely could be a shot from an animated bayformers adaptation
>>
File: carta issue.jpg (456 KB, 625x875) Image search: [Google]
carta issue.jpg
456 KB, 625x875
> still getting fanart
>>
>>14048126
This made me fucking cringe.
Why? The galigali vs chocomate fight was pretty good for this show but this shit was just horrible.
Mika better lose that fucking eye and arm or else it will just be a consequenceless hyper mode turn on kind of thing.
Mika should've been fuckcing blinded or crippled or something at least.
>>
File: image.png (660 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
660 KB, 854x480
>>14057487
Because he sliced right through the middle of the other arm through both armour and frame that time with just as little effort
Also look at those fat elbow joints anyway, compare them to the original graze. it's like the designers thought "oh no, look at this exposed bit of frame, we better thicken those up, wouldn't want anyone cutting through that with a katana or something"
>>
>>14057650
buddy thats how it works when you fold it 10000 times. I remember reading about americans in the prehistoric ages being cut clean in half througjh plat armor. u cant stop the kataana especily if its being used by a gundam!
>>
>>14058302
This, the design in Ono are based off of prehistoric america
The dinosaw is based off of an American cavemen weapon literally made out of a T. rex skull
The barbatos mace is your stereotypical caveman club
>>
>>14058259
>this shit was just horrible
You mean like anything Mika related? Most of this wouldn't be so insufferable with someone else in the lead.
>>
It's not like the katana got sharper. Mika admitted he never knew how to use it right. Nor did he really over clock barbatos. The AV was set to something like 60% the whole time.
>>
>>14058261
Grazein looks like he's on his tiptoes, those goddamn feet are weird
>>
>>14048099
Ein saved Gaelio from Mika though.
>>
>>14058661
He didn't save him from McGillis.
>>
>>14058765
Irrelevant, he was able to save Gaelio from Mika's attack when they were in space. Its something noteworthy for Ein.
>>
>>14058445
They disabled the limiter in episode 2. It's been at full capacity this entire time.
>>
>>14048099
You can probably make one of those for pretty much every IBO character.
>>
File: GaliNotGali.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GaliNotGali.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>>14054790
>>
>>14058921
>no cockpit shot
Confirmed not dead, that's how it works in mecha. Just like how Jiart didn't die in MJP's finale.
>>
>>14058945
Makes sense, MJP is a terrible show too.
>>
>>14058945

Yeah, you say that, and we had two cockpit shots in the previous episode of a character that was seemingly dead and a character seemingly in the process of getting her innards turned into pudding, and lo and behold they just had some minor cuts and bruises.
>>
File: 1450652649637.jpg (427 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450652649637.jpg
427 KB, 800x1000
>>14058952
>MJP is a terrible show too
>>
>>14058955
Azee and Lafter? We didn't get a cockpit shots of them dying, the latter just had blood spray but no direct shot of her.
>>
File: 1370735570807.jpg (3 MB, 3000x3064) Image search: [Google]
1370735570807.jpg
3 MB, 3000x3064
Watch as Gundam Decarabia can bring back memories and spirits of the dead to haunt it's enemies like the Pain from MGS. Ein, Carta and Gali will be among the ghost.
>>
>>14058891
Mika clearly cranked it up in ep 25. He told Barbatos a few times to crank it up higher. If it had been on 100% from 2-24, ep 25 cranked it up to 200% by the end of the fight.
>>
>>14054790
>Everyones saying gali survived because we didn't see the cockpit
Surely Chocoman is not dumb enough to not make sure that such an important checkbox on his list of evil things to do to become the hipster king isn't fulfilled.
>>
>>14058945
>Just like how Jiart didn't die in MJP's finale
If he's really dead then the movie will suck balls.
>>
File: EIN IS CRAZY v3.webm (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EIN IS CRAZY v3.webm
148 KB, 1280x720
>>14059010
What movie?

>>14058994
>He told Barbatos a few times to crank it up higher
>crank it up higher
>crank it up
>crank
>>
>>14058945
You know actually most of the enemies that did die didn't get a cockpit shot.
Off the top of my head only exceptions were 1 or 2 debris kids from the brewers arc(who got a small scene of Mika's mace going thru them), the snake freak and Carta (who had a dying dialogue), other than that most mecha kills didn't get inside cockpit shots.
>>
>>14059030
>What movie?
The movie.
>>
>>14059048
What movie?
>>
>>14058994
I'm willing to bet he'll become Ein to kill the S2 final boss
>>
>>14059052
That would imply Mika, a tekkadan member, having to deal with actual consequences of his action. Not happening. No one touches the orphans.
>>
>>14059050
There's going to be a MJP movie.
>>
>>14059060
Source?
>>
>>14059064
Stop living under rocks.
>>
>>14059076
Post a source.
>>
>>14059030
>crank
>>
>>14058994
YAMATO DAMASHII
>>
>>14059092
I absolutely hate Mika.
>>
>>14059104
BARUBETOS, ORUGA, I'M DYING WHAT DO I DO?
>>
>>14059084
Hint, try google instead of waiting to be spoonfed.
>>
File: !!.jpg (40 KB, 841x373) Image search: [Google]
!!.jpg
40 KB, 841x373
>>14059084
its in the catalog, why you no look?

>>14041033
>>
>>14059104
Superior nippon steel folded 10,000 times, yo.

Ein should have never mentioned "that woman" or the other orphans. He was doing okay until he said that. Mika goes all LIMIT BREAK when you threaten his family.
>>
>>14059064
Learn to Google: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-25/majestic-prince-gets-new-anime-film-episode-25/.100284
>>
>>14059121
Thanks buddy
>>
>>14058921
>sword to the right off the cockpit
>dead
eh. If gali survives I won't be surprised.
>>
>>14059111
ALAYA-VAGINA HARDER, MIKA, JUST ALAYA-VAGINA HARDER

KAZOKU AND KUDELIA AND ALAYA-VAGINA HARDER

MARS DAMASHII

YOU STILL HAVE FUEL LEFT IN YOUR THRUSTERS

ALAYA-VAGINA HARDER, BOY

YES ORGA I HAVENT USED EVERYTHING I'VE LEARNED YET

MIKA WINS LOL

YOU GOTTA ALAYA-VAGINA HARDER, BOY!

ACTIVATE THE FUEL IN YOUR THRUSTERS!

CALL FORTH YOUR SINFUL MARS DAMASHII SPIRIT!
>>
>>14059147
They can rebuild him. They have the technology.
>>
>>14059110
I think he's awesome. You *know* he said that on purpose just to piss Ein off. That line was right up there with Garrod's "Too bad I'm a liar".
>>
Is anyone else not even planning to bother with S2 after how bad this was?
>>
>>14059157
>comparing that Mika piece of shit to based Garrod
Off yourself.
>>
>>14059147
especially not after the absolute bullsit with azee, lafter and shino
pretty sure they were all meant to die and only lived because of the fear of fan backlash
bet the same thing is true of takaki
and why eugene didnt turn traitor
>>
>>14059163
Mikazuki is Heero if Heero was as awesome as Garrod.
>>
>>14059186
>Garrod
>awesome

>>14059157
>Mika
>not shit
>>
>>14059175
>lived because of the fear of fan backlash
Azee and Lafta have like 1/99th of Carta's fanbase put together.
Seriously, this "fan backlash" angle is more bullshit than Azee and Shino not having permanent brain injuries.
>>
File: the hat is passed on.png (810 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the hat is passed on.png
810 KB, 1280x720
>>14059175
>bet the same thing is true of takaki
Well takaki is becoming important. hes the new Biscuit. and i believe that he will play an important role in the Next season
>>
>>14059200
takaki did die
that's his identical sister who stowed away on the ship
>>
>>14059250
the little meter tall girl that's 8 years old can fake being her 16 year old brother?

magic space bath heals all wounds
>>
File: Ein fags.jpg (380 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
Ein fags.jpg
380 KB, 1919x1079
>The ass-devastation of Carta/Ein/Gjallar-fags being this BTFO
If you could somehow harness it as an energy source you could power Tokyo for the next thousand years.

Honestly, what did you expect? My only complaint is the three 'casualties' suddenly becoming not-casualties. That feels like an uncharateristic pussying out on the show. I guess all harem/gay love interests officially have mile-thick plot armor now.
>>
>>14059321
>uncharateristic pussying out on the show.
No, it was pretty clear the show would bitch out of deaths not foreshadowed since forever and that didn't get whole episodes to themselves when Imagay survived.
>>
>>14059321
>Ein Fags
those aren't real anon
>being this BTFO
eh?
>That feels like an uncharateristic pussying out on the show
literally everyone has survived at least one terrible injury. Minus Biscuit.
>>
>>14059355
>Those aren't real
>Almost every single IBO thread for the last month has been about how Ein is going to stick it to those space rats, and how vapid merch bait like Carta is a good character.
Yeah, nah, Ein-fags are just hunkering down now that their hero got killed in such a laughably embarrassing fashion.
>>
>>14059371

Well, maybe there were particularly ardent fellows among those who spoke out, but I honestly think the majority just hoped that Ein would actually give Tekkadan something to fight against that doesn't keel over at the slightest touch.

And then, well, that didn't happen.
>>
>>14059380
>Ein would actually give Tekkadan something to fight against that doesn't keel over at the slightest touch.
He almost won, he only lost because of that poorly explained vagina overdrive whatever that turned Mika into a cripple.

Him being a complete fruitcase that wasted time rambling about revenge every 12 seconds also didn't help.
>>
>>14059549
He also kept blabbing about how Crank must have offered the orphans a hand up and how they killed their own savior and all that when actually all Crank offered to do was kill one of them and take away the woman who was advocating their freedom. He's basically been a rambling lunatic for several episodes now. Just now he's a rambling giant robot lunatic instead of just a rambling lunatic in a giant robot.
>>
>>14059587
this shit was golden
>>
>>14057752
Nah, Shinn at least had his berserker rage going for him and actually losing
>>
>>14059587
>now he's a rambling giant robot lunatic instead of just a rambling lunatic in a giant robot.
A friend told me the idea was to show the AV system makes you crazy if you are 100% connected to it, which i can almost see making sense...if it wasn't for Ein being offrails since the first episode
>>
>>14059623
Mika's berserker rage is much more brutal than Shinn's. Also Mika isn't a screaming crybaby like Shinn.
>>
>>14059686
You seem to imply that Mika shows any emotion at all, his fucking face stays stactic, do you actaully fucking know what a raging berserker should look like? As a screaming madman not as a emotionless noncharacter, go fuck yourself you drone,, you're like those faggots during the G-Reco threads that kept defending the unnatural way every character acted
>>
>>14059154
>>
>>14048346
Jerid was at least interesting in the sense that he showed what would have happened to Kamille if Kamille never got over his short temper and learn there are more important things than some stupid rivalry. The fuck did Ein ever have going for him other than being pissed his bara lover is dead?
>>
>>14059813
At least Ein has some form of emotion and personality going for him. Mika has nothing but being a fleshy automaton who does nothing without Orga's directing him to.
>>
>>14059878
>One of the first episodes had Mika going bananas because he through the car ran over the twins
Oh boy, maybe he will go bananas if something happens to his friends
>Literally nothing happens because his default fighting style is already murdekilldestroy
Man, it feels like the first episodes were for a different show
>>
>>14059856
I think jerid a lot better as a character than people give him credit for. People just can't see past the jobbing
He actually had motivations for starters, one which was actually quite amiable in that he thought he could something to remove the corruption in the titans once he'd risen
and he made it as far as jamitovs bodyguard. but he throws that all away because his obsession with the rivalry with camille gets the better off him
>Jerid was at least interesting in the sense that he showed what would have happened to Kamille if Kamille never got over his short temper and learn there are more important things than some stupid rivalry.
i think he was also there to show what could have happened with char in 0079 if he had let his rivalry with amuro completely absorb him which it almost did and distract him from his goal of getting revenge on the zabis. I suppose the difference is that kamille constantly getting in the way of jerid led to more dead girlfriends and more set backs on the road to achieving his goals which ended up pushing him over the edge
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.