[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/m/ confessions thread. Post your confessions. Who else likes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 19
/m/ confessions thread. Post your confessions.

Who else likes to post stuff about shows they haven't actually seen? I've successfully put quite a few people off watching Zeta Gundam this way.
>>
>>14047686
>Who else likes to post stuff about shows they haven't actually seen?
Like 85% of the board.
>>
>>14047686
>Who else likes to post stuff about shows they haven't actually seen
I thought this was common practice.
>>
>>14047686
Who's the one in the middle? The one dressed as Meduka. I recognize everyone else but her.
>>
>>14047763
Protagonist of Dancougar Nova.
>>
>>14047686
I like stuff.
>>
File: Aoi.jpg (288 KB, 1550x2200) Image search: [Google]
Aoi.jpg
288 KB, 1550x2200
>>14047763
>>
>>14047786
BASTARD! You know that's not allowed here! Delete this!
>>
>>14047686
For shame.

I actually watched Zeta in its entirety and still didn't like it.

079 was way better.
>>
>>14047686
My /m/ confession is that I like Lacus and Kira, and see them as right and righteous...
>>
I've seen that picture dozens of times and had never noticed Viral on Simon's crotch until now.
>>
>>14047686
>/m/ confessions thread. Post your confessions.
I liked Valvrave.
I liked season 1 of Infinite Stratos.
I am going to watch Macross Delta with an open mind and decide if it's any good when the show is over.

I have gotten bored and stopped watching every Gundam show I've started, except for G-Gundam and Build Fighters which I finished.

While I do miss traditional 2D animated, I don't get too upset over CGI, and feel it can be done well. And Japan is finally getting better at animating CGI mechs. Those fuckers really need to fix their texturing already. Glossy Blinns simply don't work for anime, and they should start looking into shaders that match digital coloring of the 2D.

I miss when /m/ had 150 mech threads.

I like Gunpla/plamo, but suck at it. I just put the model together, and put on the stickers. I can't paint, and don't own an airbrush.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (216 KB, 762x785) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
216 KB, 762x785
>>14047686
>/m/ confessions thread. Post your confessions.

Gundam sucks.
Getter Robo sucks.
Mazinger sucks.
Macross sucks.
Kamen Rider sucks.
Super Sentai sucks.
Symphogear sucks.
Votoms sucks.
Patlabor sucks.
Evangelion sucks.
Gunbuster sucks.
Giant Robo sucks.

Everything Nagai, Nagano, Tomino, Kawamori, Ishinomori, Yokoyama, Imagawa, Takahashi, Anno sucks.

If you hate any of the above, you don't need to post it anymore, I already got you covered.

>you didn't post my favourite author/series :^)
Don't worry chuck. It most likely sucks as well. Also, fuck off, western mecha fags. Battletech sucks hard.
>>
>>14047806
Uh, what do you like then?
>>
File: yasuhiro-imagawa.jpg (19 KB, 351x332) Image search: [Google]
yasuhiro-imagawa.jpg
19 KB, 351x332
>>14047805
>except for G-Gundam
Have you watched Giant Robo, Shin Mazinger and Tetsujin 28th (2004)?
>>
File: smugpacman.gif (24 KB, 270x220) Image search: [Google]
smugpacman.gif
24 KB, 270x220
>>14047811
Your mom.
>>
>>14047805
>I liked season 1 of Infinite Stratos.

Why not S2?
>>
File: xgz9nkR.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
xgz9nkR.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>14047814
HOLY SHIT! HE'S GOING HAM!
>>
Every day I jump into the catalogue and look for a pilot suit thread or a MuvLuv thread because I'm always looking for fap material.

I really don't care about Mecha. Just the skintight outfits the pilots wear
>>
>>14047812
>Giant Robo
Not yet but I need to.

>Shin Mazinger
Yes.

>Tetsujin 28
Watched half, had to stop since I was in a depressed point in my life since I was out of work. I need to go back and finish.

>>14047820
Less IS action.
>>
File: v-imagawa.jpg (121 KB, 300x440) Image search: [Google]
v-imagawa.jpg
121 KB, 300x440
>>14047862
Giant Robo is similar to Shin Mazinger, but the animation is obviously better, since it's an OVA.

Imagawa did good.
>>
I find the negativity on the board pretty tiring. Automatically hating everything is a lousy way to live, and going into threads of things you don't like to complain about them is a cheap way to feel superior without actually doing anything or earning that sense of superiority in any way. It's juvenile, and I wish more people could get past it.
>>
I've posted on /m/ for several years and over time I've ended up championing unpopular shows on here. I'd create weekly threads for M3, Argevollen, Buddy Complex, you name it. Every time I got another post it made me happy. Just one more person who might like it.

However around the time G-Reco aired it felt like things went weird. The generals were a mess and threads outside that were incredibly hostile. Even though AGE was poorly-received I think the level of vitriol directed at it was comparatively low.

IBO's reception here was so bad from the get-go I couldn't even be bothered to keep up with threads. The show's flawed but jesus christ you guys tore it a new asshole like it'd raped your christian daughter or something.

So I don't really try to prop up unpopular shows anymore. My heart's not in it.

Bubuki Buranki was amazing though and you should all go marathon it right now
>>
>>14047841
You're a man of exquisite taste.
>>
>>14047945
>M3
>Argevollen
>Buddy Complex
>Bubuki Buranki
Man, those were fun. They didn't deserve to be as ignored as they were, but I guess /m/ just doesn't give a fuck about shows that don't make good shitposting bait these days.
>>
>>14047945
All of those are mediocre anyway no shit they're unpopular
>>
>>14047973
*punch*
>>
>>14047945
>people shitpost a completely unrelated show
>better stop posting all these other shows

you fucking what
>>
>>14047686
Been in /m/ for a little more than a year and have only seen two mecha shows in my life: Gundam 0079 and Zeta Gundam, currently watching Gundam ZZ.
Toku is the only reason why I ever came here but I decided to adapt to the board properly and watch mecha shows.
>>
>>14047945
>wanting more people on Bubuki
I'm not exactly excited by the prospect of hitting the armchair anime critic threshold and having people pick apart the show's rather messy attempts at trying to establish what kind of show it wants to be.

Also IBO's shitposting singularity is so warped that it's hard to take anything negative about it seriously. It's like people intentionally try to misunderstand as much as possible so they can come up with new reasons to hate the show.
>>
>>14048076
>the show's rather messy attempts at trying to establish what kind of show it wants to be.

You kidding? The reason Bubuki is good is because it knows exactly what it wants to be. Or is that the point you're making? That the stupid critics will get all pretentious about it and see things that aren't there?
>>
File: GUNDAM_Reconguista_in_G_PV3.jpg (14 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
GUNDAM_Reconguista_in_G_PV3.jpg
14 KB, 480x269
>>14048076
>It's like people intentionally try to misunderstand as much as possible so they can come up with new reasons to hate the show.

Sounds familiar!
>>
>>14048088

I think he's saying that no show can stand up to the shitposting singularity that congregates around modern Gundam shows.
>>
>>14048088
Actually I felt that Bubuki kinda shuffles back and forth between a bunch of ideas to serve as the driving force of the story.

One moment it's the main cast fighting against the Reoko dystopia in a race to summon giant robot golem and be heroes, then it's a battle shonen best 4 of 5 match, then wait did we mention there's other teams out there, and then wait Reoko's crew aren't the villains per se, and so on and so forth in this crazy clusterfuck of great ideas that all stick to the dartboard individually but feel somewhat poorly synergized.

While it does have coherence in the grand scheme of things, having jumped onto the show late and getting to marathon 10 episodes back to back I found the composition (?) to be lacking.

But it does make up for that with sheer insanity, so I myself can easily turn a blind eye to the jankiness of it all. But I don't see the average armchair critic doing the same.
>>
>>14047935
Honestly I think a lot of the shitposting here is shitposting to fit in, with no sincerity to it.

They just saw someone shitposting, and just assumed that's what you were supposed to do on /m/.

Like op established, many people here don't even watch the shows they criticize.

Many people aren't here for mecha, they are here since /a/ or /v/ told them that /m/ is the easiest board on 4chan to troll.
>>
>>14047686
I've never seen any Gundam but I discuss it successfully.
>>
>>14048093
>>14048076

Expect to see this in every thread about every new gundam show in the future. And all "popular" shows on /m/. It's already started for Macross Delta, and that only has a preview ep out.
>>
File: 52663177_p0.jpg (441 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
52663177_p0.jpg
441 KB, 1000x1414
>>14047957

Look, it isn't my fault half of mecha pilot suits are designed after fetish gear.
>>
I like Zeta Gundam AND ZZ Gundam
>>
>>14048191
This is the root of my disdain for people who watch shows for trainwreck value, they come in, cross the shitpost threshold line, and great job your show can't be discussed without people posting like dumbass all the time.

And on top of that they'll trap you in that "it didn't matter, show's a trainwreck it doesn't deserve any respect in the first place" routine.
>>
>>14048219
I'm so sick that trap.
>No you aren't allowed to genuinely like a show. You can only like it ironically.

>See all those people who only like that show 'ironically'? That means it's a shit show.
>>
>>14048192
And the half that aren't helps give a break from fapping still the half that do comes along again.
>>
>>14048317
Unfortunately, the other half that isn't skintight is also very fappable
No rest for you
>>
ITT: Reasons why /m/ is shit
>>
>>14047805
>Be me, around thanksgiving 2015
>3rd-rate anime account on iFunny, just run-of-the-mill /a/ tier shit
>enjoy Mecha, but not really more than any other genre
>find group of "mechafrickers" we'll call them
>shitpost inside jokes and rave one show for about a month before dropping it
>they begin spamming Votoms
>I do enjoy a good war drama and don't mind dated animation
>finish around Christmas, thought Votoms was the best thing since sliced bread
>mechafrickers now ironically shitposting valvrave
>didn't realize irony, watch and sincerely enjoy it inspite of flaws
>no more Valvrave hype, want more
>recall 4chan had a board for Mecha, never been though
>go to /m/
>mfw first thread I see was "is it even possible to save Valvrave from being shit-tier?"

At least /m/ got me into Gundam
>>
I genuinely like Haruto as a protagonist, taking all his faults into account.
>>
>>14048657
Did you check out Aldnoah Zero? It's about as good as Valvrave.
>>
>>14048669
Nigger please, aldnoah wishes it was Valvrave.
>>
>>14047686
I am straight and fap to female fleshbag / human characters in mecha anime.
>>
>>14047686
I haven't watched half the shows I comment about. Gundam especially, since it's such a time investment to marathon the entire series, and you can just look up the synopsis on the wiki and catch clips or watch specific episodes on Youtube and whatnot. I try not to get involved in in-depth conversations about shows I haven't watched, but I use that knowledge when people are shitting on shows that I like.
>>
>>14048907
Examples of what you've done?
>>
>>14048657
unfortunately for Valvrave, it was chosen as experiment to see if you can troll an entire mecha show off of /m/. If it came out a few years prior to that, people would probably just think of it as yet another insane sunrise mecha show like SKG.

They took the lessons they learned to make it impossible to discuss G-Reco, and IBO on /m/.
>>
>>14049158
Don't forget about Cross Ange. Poor Cross Ange, good old-fashioned throwback show but treated as garbage you can only like ironically.
>>
>>14049179
Fukuda's name killed that one just as fast Tomino's name killed G-Reco.
>>
>>14049179
A throwback to what? Fukuda being awful at directing anything not aimed at kids?
>>
>>14049192
Come on. Seed was pretty much Fukuda's only misstep, and that was only because of his wife. He's a damn good director.
>>
>>14049210
When he's doing stuff like Dendoh and Cyber Formula sure, but the second he tries to do something "mature" it all goes to shit, as can be seen with SEED and Cross Ange.
>>
>>14049224
>Cross Ange
>mature

Dude, it was a comedy. I think that's part of the reason why people like to shit on it, they don't even know what genre it is and think it's supposed to be some dark and edgy show.
>>
>>14049234
You do realize mature doesn't equal dark and edgy right? It just means aimed at an older audience, and Fukuda so far is 0 for 3 on doing anything good with that.
>>
>>14049210
>Fukuda
>director of Cross Ange
>>
>>14049242
If that's the logic you use then SEED isn't exactly a mature show either. It's still aimed at kids like all Gundam shows.

Don't understand why you hate Cross Ange either. It was genuninely good.
>>
>>14049251
technically he wasn't the director. the guy who was the actual director pretty much got screwed by him and after Fukuda claimed so much credit he pretty got blamed for so much of the crap that happened especially in the second half of the show which utterly crashed and burned whatever redeemable aspects that CA had.
>>
>>14049276
>. It was genuninely good.
I love this meme
>>
>>14049276
It was only genuinely good in showing us that terrible shit in seed like kira surviving death multiple times after his gundam blows up and the terrible pairings were definitely his idea instead of Morosawa's.
>>
>>14048210
You monster
>>
>>14049289
He was simply poking fun at Seed, are you really that dumb? Cross Ange does a good job of drawing out the idiots like you who think they're smarter than Fukuda.
>>
File: AimforAce.png (757 KB, 1199x899) Image search: [Google]
AimforAce.png
757 KB, 1199x899
>>14047686
I came to this board exclusively to shitpost about Dezaki in Gunbuster threads. I still do sometimes, but since then I've gotten into Gundam, Macross and Patlabor. Votoms in next on my list
>>
I never saw the last episode of Unicorn, downloaded it the day it was released on nyaa
>>
I think the less likely /m/ is to post about a thread, the more likely it is to be decent.

>>14047841
There is nothing wrong with this
>>
>>14049344
>He was simply poking fun

He was dead serious given how much he went out of his way to defend himself and then deleting his stuff on twitter when people blamed him for what went wrong with the show.

It's people like you are idiots who think he was "joking" when Fukuda staked his rep from Seed and GSD on that show.
>>
This is my first time on this board. It sucks dick
>>
>>14048190
I've only seen G and 00 and done the same with the rest of Gundam. The way all the Gundamfags talk, the same shit happens in every show, so it's easy to keep up with them and it's also easy to dissuade others from watching Gundam shows without knowing much about them yourself

The last thing this board needs is more Gundam fans
>>
>>14049463
Oh, shut the fuck up. You don't even know what he said, do you? You can't even read Japanese.
>>
>>14049655
I'm here since 2008, feels like I know everything already. Currently watching MSG, I'm on the 15th episode.
>>
>>14047686
I fucking love Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny
What /m/ doesnt get about these shows is that you gotta be in a certain mindset. You must become like a 14 year old girl to enjoy these shows. Draw some fanart, read some Kira x Athrun yaoifiction. Then blam, suddenly SEED is the pinnacle of Gundam.
>>
>>14047686
Someone should try watching the 1980s version of Tetsujin because almost nobody is watching it right now and I like this version among the Tetsujin 28 series.
>>
>>14050001
I don't think you need to regress mentally to enjoy SEED. You have to THINK about it and realize that Fukuda is really going against the grain with how he delivers his message. Sadly, thinking is something /m/ is allergic to.
>>
>>14047686
Anybody else find it really stupid that Aoi is giving a sidelong look in that image?
>>
>>14050629
What makes it stupid?
>>
>>14050662
She is an SR pilot, yet is giving the judgmental/weird sidelong glance to to the other SR pilots along with the RR pilots. Makes no sense.
>>
>>14050675
I don't think that's what the expression represents. I think they are just not pleased about the outfits they are wearing.

Also how is Guren not a SR.
>>
>>14050707
It still doesn't make sense. And let's not get the whole SR vs RR shit in here
>>
>>14047686

I think Tomino's best works were Xabungle and Overman King Gainer.

I... do not like Macross Frontier and I am fearful that Macross Delta is gonna become Frontier with idol groups instead of Macross Seven with idols.

I unironically like Turn A Gundam, and it ain't just for Harry "UNIVEEEEEEEEERRRRSEEEEEEEEE" Ord. Ord's still the best Charclone in a Gundam, if only because of his horrid fashion sense.

Everyday I wish for Captain Zaku to get animated.

I enjoyed Valvrave, but not the rape scene. That was creepy and the execution was hilarious.

I genuinely enjoyed Kamen Rider OOO and Fourze. The latter was fun to watch.

I have not seen a lot of UC Gundam.

Gurren Lagann was good, but it wasn't amazing. Now Shin Mazinger, that was amazing. And then there's Pacific Rim. Del Toro is one of us.
>>
>>14050594
>going against the grain with his message
Elaborate
>>
>>14050790
>I am fearful that Macross Delta is gonna become Frontier with idol groups instead of Macross Seven with idols.

Why would you expect Seven? The guy who wrote Seven isn't even on the project. It's going to be another Kawamori helmed show (he didn't helm Macross Seven by the way) and written by one of the guys who helped write AKB0048. So yes it's idol groups + Frontier.

Really your expectations are unrealistic.
>>
>>14050790
god you have shit taste
>>
>>14050629
>>14050675
The situation doesn't suit her personality. Don't assume she'd be eager to partake in outlandish or ridiculous activities just because she pilots a super robot if you don't actually know the character.
>>
>>14047686
It's been over 7 years since I've watched a mecha show yet I still feel qualified to post on /m/.

I barely remember the plot of Zeta and MSG yet I still say that they're good whenever they're brought up.
>>
>>14047935
>>14048183
It wasn't always this way, but Inno longer have the archives to back me up on this. I distinctly remember a thread on /m/ congratulating themselves on being the most newfag friendly board on 4chan.
>>
>>14051106
That doesn't name sense when /b/ exists. It's not only newfag friendly, it's populated almost entirely by twelve year olds
>>
I honestly think Zeta is terrible and anyone who likes Gunbuster should kill themselves
>>
>>14050937
The situation doesn't suit Ryomas personality either, though I suppose that just helps prove the image was made by some retarded SRWfag who doesn't know anything about the actual series involved.
>>
>>14051316
Explain how it doesn't.
>>
File: cool robot.png (911 KB, 1250x1000) Image search: [Google]
cool robot.png
911 KB, 1250x1000
I'm obsessed with this robot that someone posted earlier in this thread and deleted.
>>
File: 1446107886809.png (250 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446107886809.png
250 KB, 640x480
>>14052973
No love for the original?
>>
>>14050001
I think Destiny is fucking hilarious.

It's the original Sunrise Trainwreck.
>>
>>14050790
>I unironically like Turn A Gundam
You know that isn't an unpopular opinion right? Lots of people love Turn A.
>>
File: img_697629_33742201_0.jpg (62 KB, 527x600) Image search: [Google]
img_697629_33742201_0.jpg
62 KB, 527x600
>>14050937
>>14050629

Aoi's pretty damn crazy and hotblooded but she's not without basic sense

plus as a model she probably resents such awful clothes
>>
>>14055070
>Kira casually kidnapping the leader of a politically unstable nation on her wedding day

Fucking lolled heartily
>>
>>14055139
I think Madoka's clothes are wonderful.
>>
File: 1326776569194.jpg (15 KB, 151x252) Image search: [Google]
1326776569194.jpg
15 KB, 151x252
>>14056545

You're also probably wearing a graphic tee
>>
>>14056584
I mean, they're cheap. I'm not the one who's dressing up here.
>>
>>14050001
This is true, actually... My gf, with a masters in math and computer science, loves SEED and Destiny, because she looks at them with the same eyes she did when she first watched it.
I liked it back when it was my first /m/ show, if we don't count Transformers. Liked the robots and girls, didn't care about the plotholes.
>>
>>14056642
Which SEED boy would you date /m/?
I can't choose between Mwu la Flaga and Athrun.
>>
>>14047862
>>14047933
Seconding this, Giant Robo is amazing. Still need to watch Tetsujin and Shin Mazinger though
>>
>>14056655
The patrician choice
Yzak
>>
>>14056655
Which Gundam is best in terms of the Fuckboys?
>>
File: 1451760713274.jpg (129 KB, 864x1296) Image search: [Google]
1451760713274.jpg
129 KB, 864x1296
>>14056673
My nigga
>>
>>14056673
>wanting to date a whiny cunt with gay hair and an ugly scar who shoots at civillians
Can you imagine dating him?
>sorry babe, had to cancel on you. FUCKING NATURALS egged my car and I got some business to take care of with them.
>>
>>14056689
>Not being part of the Coordinator master race
>Not dressing Yzak up in girls clothes and teasing him about his scar
>Not cleansing the world of Natural scum
Loser
>>
>>14055139
>>14050937
>Implying Ryouma and Simon would be alright with their clothes in that image
>>
I hate all of you.
>>
>>14056703

Simon is already a fashion travesty and Ryoma's from the 70s
>>
>>14056698
>Polluting our blue and pure world with your disgusting altered genes
Kill yourself
>>
>>14056703
Ryoma's alright with it because he's going to kill the person who made him wear those clothes. Simon's okay with it because Ryoma's going to kill the person who made Ryoma wear those clothes.
>>
>>14056751
that's only fair
>>
>>14056751
>implying they don't love it
>>
>>14056684
00 by lightyears. The Dylandy bros, Tieria, Hal, Setsuna, even that pilot reject whos name slips my mind. And on the other side we have Alejandro, Graham and his nerdy fuck buddy, Ali (when he shaves and wears a suit) and Sergei if you like bears
>>
>>14047686
>Viral on Simon's groin

heheheheh
>>
>>14056703
Why would Simon not be okay with it? That's not any worse than his gayass leather choker and corset combo. He has drills hanging from his head, he's good.
Ryouma's probably just happy because Homura's outfit comes with a lot of guns and explosives.
>>
File: FEAR NO TRAPS.png (145 KB, 437x494) Image search: [Google]
FEAR NO TRAPS.png
145 KB, 437x494
>>14057024
00 it is then
>>
Yuuki Yuunas where better dressed
>>
>>14057060
"No, that wasn't-"
But she was already pouring him a brimming glass of 00.
>>
File: 5516705.jpg (23 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
5516705.jpg
23 KB, 500x303
>>14047806
That's not a confession. That's just you being a twazz.
>>
>>14057460
Holy shit, people besides me use that word?
>>
I have never seen Votoms or Patlabor in any of their various forms and have no real interest in correcting that.
>>
>>14051148
I agree with this
>>
>>14048133
Man, most of those things are foreshadowed pretty early on. You're right though. It's exactly the kind of thing that would sail right over their heads, just like G-Reco did. Especially since the majority of said wannabe critics are on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to intelligence.
>>
I don't like G Gundam and don't see the appeal of the show.
>>
>>14058953
They are but I still feel there's some jank in the journey through the insanity.

I'm not really explaining myself well on it, I guess my issue is I'm expecting a formula to be in play but the formula isn't quite there and it's messing with my sense of balance.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.