[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Samurai Flamenco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: separating simian.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
separating simian.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
Samurai Flamenco aired 2 years ago today so Samurai Flamenco thread i guess

who's your favourite character?
who's your waifu?
what's your favourite twist?
what was your favourite scene?

also
>you will never experience the ride together with /a/ and /m/ again
>>
>>14044315
My favourite twist was the final boss
In the first episode they show the kid staring at samflam before he runs off
There was a method to this madness, it was fucking PLANNED OUT

My waifu is JUSTICE
>>
File: samurai flamenco in a nutshell.jpg (1 MB, 3780x400) Image search: [Google]
samurai flamenco in a nutshell.jpg
1 MB, 3780x400
>>14044315

>who's your favourite character?

Goto

>who's your waifu?

Sumi

>what's your favourite twist?

Definitely the introduction of real life MOTW after all the grounded vigilantism

>what was your favourite scene?

DEFEAT ARMSTRONG
>>
>favourite character?
Masayoshi.

>waifu?
Can't pick between Sapphire or Ruby.

>favourite twist?
The gf thing, thou I saw it coming.

>favourite scene?
Alien Flamenco.

As a side note, the Mineral Miracle Muse album has some pretty cool songs.
>>
File: samumenco14_header.jpg (61 KB, 759x500) Image search: [Google]
samumenco14_header.jpg
61 KB, 759x500
>>14044315
>who's your favourite character?
Goto
>who's your waifu?
Goto
>what's your favourite twist?
Guillotine Gorilla
>what was your favourite scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOr04to7LE
Your heroes have always been fighting!

Honorable mention to evil president
>>
>>14044377
>Your heroes have always been fighting!
Damn, beat me to it. That scene was fucking amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywa4hm5FI5A
>>
>>14044320
This.
This show was pure gold.
Except for the Flamengers.
>>
>>14044523
>not liking flamengers
They have one of the best songs though

AHHH KATSUNO KA, SERRRRGI
FLAMENGER
TOBE WO WARE
FLAMENGER
KONO HOSHII WO
ORETACHI KASE WOOOOOO
FLAMENGER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywa4hm5FI5A
>>
>>14044523
The Flamenger arc was probably the weakest part of the show overall, but I'm willing to forgive it because it gave us episode 14.
>>
Masayoshi is the best character but I liked Konno and USA USA USA a ton.

Mizuki is Best MMM and also top waifu.

Too hard to come up with best twist or best scene, because too many are way too good.

Better question: Favorite enemies? King Torture's group, FROM BEYOND, or the Japanese government (absolute madman)?

Favorite boss? King Torture, Masayoshi's clone (probably the weirdest twist), APPROVAL RATINGS, SON, Alien Flamenco, or Masayoshi himself?
>>
>>14044626
APPROVAL RATINGS was fucking goat
That twist right at the end with alien flamenco makes it so much better
>>
>>14044635
>APPROVAL RATINGS was fucking goat
Easily one of the three best episodes.
>>
>>14044315
Why didn't they just shoot him? From the one clip I saw, it seems they just stood there with their guns out and politely waited for him to put each member in his guillotine.
>>
>>14046693
Probably from shock
If I a giant chopping chimp appeared in front of me, I'd be a wee bit surprised
>>
>>14044315
What's his name
>>
>>14046928
RAPE APE
>>
I miss it so. There will probably never be another ride as unbelievable or fun as it was, but I still hold out hope.
>>
>>14046928
His name is "It Goes Guillotine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E
>>
Praise Moe.
>>
>>14046928
SEVERING SIMIAN
>>
>Manglobe is dead and no Samurai Flamenco sequel ever
At least we got the cameos in Durarara.
>>
>>14044523
>>14044534
That is the trap people fall in with the Flamenger arc. The first episode wasn't really bad and it actually had a lot of humour hero hijinks. The third episode was actually very tense and questioning the morality of heroes in a realistic environment. The fourth was universally liked by anyone, it was not to with getting all the Japanese heroes to fight.

So what the trap was? 3 weeks of waiting and the shitty documentary episode. That was it. Nothing else about the arc was actually bad. But being thrown into a documentary episode after 3 weeks of waiting was a sure way to piss off a lot of people.
>>
SIT DOWN
>>
ED song is damn catchy. I still listen to it nowadays.
>>
>>14044315

>Favourite Character
Masayoshi

>Waifu
Pic related or Ruby

>Favourite Twist
Flamwenco

>Favorite Scene
The Kamen Rider BLACK homage
>>
>>14044315
>character
Alien Flamenco
>waifu
Either Masayoshi's boss or Blazer Moon
>twist
Ultimate Prime Minister
>scene
CHILDREN OF JAPAN! AND THOSE WHO WERE ONCE CHILDREN! LISTEN! THIS IS NOT A DREAM! THIS IS NOT FICTION! IN REALITY YOUR SUPERHEROES WERE ALWAYS FIGHTING!
>>
SIT DOWN
>>
OPM x SamFlam when
>>
>>14044315
Don't worry OP, ConRevo S2 is coming soon to carry the torch
>>
File: It's a sentai show.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
It's a sentai show.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>that moment you realize
>he sent himself that text
>>
>>14050018

BIG DAMN HERO
>>
>>14050018

Knowing that twist made the re-watch a lot fucking sadder.
>>
>>14047448
I'll have to rewatch it to make sure. I remember the beginning of this arc to be meh, especially after the awesome climax against Torture, but the end totally made up for it.
>>
Why did this flop in japan?
>>
>>14044315
I can't believe how deceiving that whole part was. For a moment it looked like shit had hit the fan and it had gotten real, but nope. It only went downhill from there.
>>
>>14047448
Putting aside the Flamengers monster-of-the-week stuff, most of the documentary episode was pretty good. It gets us up to date on everyone post-King Torture's defeat, and shows the distance that's opened up between the characters (Masayoshi and Goto especially, but also Masayoshi and Harazuka, Mari and the other MMM girls, etc.). Basically, 12 shows how a lot of the original cast has become isolated from the people they most need to connect with, and that has big consequences going forward. I agree the delay made it harder to take that THIS was the episode that we got after all the waiting, but 12 does some pretty important work setting up episodes to come.
>>
>>14050098
Shit taste. But the spotty production and airing in the same season as KLK probably didn't help. (I liked both FWIW.)
>>
>>14050127
Don't forget the first Gundam Build Fighters, hell I think they all ended around the same week too.
>>
>>14050140
>Gundam Build Fighters
I want to forget
>>
>>14050127
>FWIW
>liking KLK
>implying KLK didn't have piss poor production quality
>"B-But it was intentional!"
>>
>>14044315
Did anybody get the Australian DVDs? Is so, how were they?
>>
>>14050307
You can like shows while acknowledging their poor production values.
>>
>>14050613
It can't be an argument for why it did poorly, if KLK's production quality was not much better, if not even worse.
>>
>>14050627
KLK was heavily stylized, while this had a "realistic" look. That's why it ends up looking a ton worse.
>>
>>14050644
Back to >>14050307
>>
>>14050307
They never said or implied KLK had good quality. Just that it was a popular show that sold well airing in the same season. Learn to read, idiot.
>>
>>14050659
Learn to think >>14050627
>>
>>14050665
You're twisting the conversation here. They are talking about their own opinion on KLK, they themselves think the quality was bad but still enjoyed it. Now, the ones who bought it are another story. Whoever bought the BDs/DVDs thinking the animation was awesome fell for the "it's the style/intentional!" trick. Meanwhile, Samflam had a more realistic/less cartoony look, and therefore it was more noticeable when things were off model. We, anons who spend our days discussing Chinese cartoons on 4chan and analysing them to death, can tell that both have the same shitty production quality, but who knows about the rest of the audience? Not saying that we are superior to those buyers or anything, just don't assume everyone in the audience works in the same way as we do.

Also, let's not forget Aniplex heavily hyped one and treated the other like dirt.
>>
>>14050307

>s-s-someone likes something!
>this doesn't effect me in any way, and I won't talk them out of their position be a use taste is subjective
>I'LL SHITPOST ANYWAY

Turn off the computer, senpai.
>>
>>14050602
This was released in Australia? Like, officially? I seem to remember Funimation or Aniplex licensed it for a US release, but I don't think anything actually came of it.
>>
>>14050788
When KLK looked stupid, it could conceivably be played for laughs. When Samurai Flamenco looked off, it looked off. They're both made of crayon and strings, but KLK made it into a bunch of jokes while Samflam decided they would fix it for BDs.

If the jokes in KLK fell flat for you, that's fine, but I liked it.

Panty&Stocking was better though.
>>
>>14052571
New Zealand too
I saw it in JBHIFI the other day
Cost 48$ for 11 episodes though, I can't afford that.
>>
>>14052571
Pretty sure it got an UK BD release or/and Netflix too.
>>
>>14044315
Masayoshi
the three MMM girls
The Will of the Universe for both.
>>
>>14044523
>>14044534
>People not liking the Flamengers
shittaste.jpg

>>14047356
Where?

>>14050098
Not generic enough
>>
>>14056063
The show was playing on a billboard, maybe another advert in the background once or twice. That's it.
>>
File: harakiri.png (152 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
harakiri.png
152 KB, 500x281
HARAKIRI SUNSHINE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTdZ1K7XDc

I fucking love this guy. Amazing design, fucking awesome name, and they got based Takayuki Miyauchi to sing his theme.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.