[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We always talk about which is the most powerful gundam or which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13
File: 1457815575742.jpg (533 KB, 1024x1023) Image search: [Google]
1457815575742.jpg
533 KB, 1024x1023
We always talk about which is the most powerful gundam or which is the weakest gundam, how about which one is the most average gundam?
>>
>>14043431
Purely based on its own specs, or can increased output under certain pilots be counted? Because that changes the rankings significantly.
>>
>>14043431
The RX-78
Zeon's mass produced mobile suit the Gelgoog was equal to it. 0079 went from Amuro relying on the Gundam to it not being able to keep up with him
>>
>>14043431
Gundam MkII, Victory HEXA, ReGZ(?)
There's more of course.
>>
RX-79[G]
>>
>>14043431
>weakest
In-series or period? RX-78-2 probably doesn't hold up all that well compared to the competition, but it outperformed everything in the first half of MS:G as well or better than every subsequent Gundam.

Weakest Gundams in-series, imo, are ones like the Mk II, the Duel, and the Blitz. Mk II is gorgeous, but she's out-classed by suits that were in development with her, the Duel lacks any special functionality, and the Blitz has amazing potential for stealth missions but it's not meant for straight-up combat.

The most average Gundams are probably things like the GP01 (not FB) and the Strike.
>>
>>14043443
The Gelgoog was better because unlike the RX-78-2 it didn't have a limited supply of beam tech
>>
File: 1161[1].jpg (133 KB, 600x562) Image search: [Google]
1161[1].jpg
133 KB, 600x562
Strike or Duel, depending on the pack.
>>
>>14043469
They are pretty weak, IMO. Blu duel or Strike noir maybe
>>
>>14043510
They are, it helps average out with earlier UC and some lower tech AUs.
>>
RX-79 series is the weakest that's actually designed for combat
>>
>>14043431
rx78, rx79, maybe the alex? it only had armor going for it really, the arm guns had such a limited ammo supply I wouldn't consider it much more than average. f91 was definitely not average though

>>14043510
strike noir was so far from average what the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>14043431
Mk II
Its possibly weaker than a jegan.
>>
>>14043510
I'll say Blu Duel, because the regular Duel was already blue so it's name is extra-ordinary.
>>
>>14043639
>possibly weaker than something developed nearly a decade after it
>>
>>14043650
Ok i forgot how far off jegans were made but still i remember mkii having trouble fighting standard grunts 1/4th through zeta. Surprised psycho didnt crush it.
>>
>>14043431
>>14043431
Tomino already said the G Self was the strongest. Those photen torpedos, man. They'll just disintegrate anything.

Weakest? MK II. It was very quickly obsolete even within its own show and was arguably worse than the Rick Dias anyway.
>>
>>14043695
Way to miss the point of the thread.
>>
>>14043650
jegan was at best 6 years newer

and if we go by yearly model name which the feds seem to be using, it's only two years newer
>>
How could anyone say the Mark II is weaker than a RX-79?
>>
>>14043700
He pulled the same shit last Gundam powerlevel thread. Just ignore him.
>>
>>14043714
I haven't been on /m/ in months. Not that anon.
>>
>>14043710
Honestly, I'd trust my life with the RX-78-2 more than I would with the Mark II. Gundanium is one hell of a drug. Might as well armor up if you don't know whether or not you have plot armor.
>>
>>14043633
>strike noir was so far from average what the fuck are you smoking
I'm not smoking anything. What? Is it below average? It sure as hell isn't above average, because it is fucking battery operated. Remember that even the earliest UC suits have nuclear reactors. So yeah, it is the most average suit. Even it's stats in game make it seem so
>>
GP-01 isn't really impressive for anything other than looking pretty nice.
>>
>>14043695
>Weakest? MK II. It was very quickly obsolete
Mk II has the longest on-screen deployment of any Gundam. It survived from the beginning of Zeta all the way to the last episode of ZZ. 100 episodes.

The weakest Gundnam was Nise.
>>
>>14043740
it's just an up to date version of the 4 year old RX-78
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
The strongest Gundam is whichever one the protagonist is currently piloting.

Power levels don't real in Gundam because Gundam is fiction and only works on laws of storytelling.

Even the Turn A jobs in Build Fighters because the protag is using a custom Strike.
>>
>>14043756
We are talking about the most average suit, anon
>>
>>14043734
It has more gimmicks and weapons then any average suit even if it's battery operated

I'm not even a seedfag but I mean come on, anti ship swords, beam sabres, anchors/whips, and it's various weapons make it above average.

If you were to put it up against, lets say the Mk II since it's generally agreed upon in this thread to be considered a weaker/average suit it would walk all over it without question
>>
>>14043756
Build Fighters is pretty silly to bring up in powerlevel arguments since it's basically treated like a video game, and plot armor from the Gundam's original series doesn't apply. Plus build quality of the models directly effects their performance, a Turn A that's held together with superglue and has nubs everywhere would be shit compared to a solidly put together Leo

Also >>14043763
>>
>>14043728
Who said anything about the RX-78-2? I mean why would anyone say the Mark II is weaker than the RX-79, it has different armor weaker armor, but has better sensors, higher power weapons, a better powerplant, its faster, with better articulacy, better cockpit design, better gimmicks and better pilots. RX-79 series was a dead end for a reason.
>>
>>14043763
Or the weakest, which is definitely the RX-79[G].

-No beam rifle in standard weaponry, only equipped as needed by mission expectations.
-Relatively slow, plodding movement.
-Ground-use only, zero space capability.
-Single vulcan gun rather than 2+, located in chest rather than head, so range of fire is limited.
-Weak verniers capable of short jumps at most.

I mean, I love the grittier aesthetic of 08th MS Team as much as the next guy, but you can't really argue that their Gundams are very strong, as Gundams go.
>>
>>14043775
>RX-79 series was a dead end for a reason
They ran out of spare RX-78 parts.
>>
File: XXXG-01SR_Gundam_Sandrock.jpg (213 KB, 316x537) Image search: [Google]
XXXG-01SR_Gundam_Sandrock.jpg
213 KB, 316x537
in all of 5 gundams, i think Sandrock is the most average.
it's combat capability is not that great either
>>
>>14043764
The regular Strike IWSP also had all that. But the MkII could just run away until the Strike noir ran out of fuel. It's not all about firepower.
>>
>>14043781
That stops production, not design and there are no design RX-79 lineages beyond modified RX-79s
>>
>>14043790
It is funny how they made such a big deal about Epyon being a gentlemanly duelling suit with only melee capabilities when three of the five Gundams already basically were.

-Sandrock only had vulcans for ranged, and a little pea-shooter gun added late in the show
-Deathscythe only really had it's single-use shield as a strong ranged weapon
-Shenlong had its flamethrower I guess, but mostly it was all about the melee.
>>
>>14043790
I dunno why, but Sand Rock looks more like a protag Gundam to me than the Wing does.

I guess it just looks more UC-ish.
>>
>>14043815
I hate the Sandrock for some unknown reason.
>>
File: Sandrock side.jpg (104 KB, 808x502) Image search: [Google]
Sandrock side.jpg
104 KB, 808x502
>>14043822
i pity you. Sandrock is love, Sandrock is life.
>>
>>14043856
Not him, but while Sandrock Kai is pretty bitchin, original Sandrock just looks clunky and dumb.
>>
>>14043878
>>14043822
Probably because it did nothing exciting the whole show, never had any exciting firefights or melee fights and always seemed to just poke around.

Like Wing/WZ were always dashing around and having sabre fights and watching heavyarms unload were exciting even if it was the same shit stock 100x over
>>
>>14043431
Barbatos for the weakest.

Sure it's pretty agile, but it has to get really close to bash things in.Even the RX-78-2 has the Gundam Hammer
>>
>>14043909
I haven't been following IBO but aren't beams useless against gundams in it?
That's kind of a huge advantage
>>
>>14043916
there are no beams
>>
>>14043916
No one knows, it's never been tried. There are no beam weapons in IBO. Barbatos's armor makes projectile weapons useless unless you're in very close range (which makes no sense but whatever).
>>
>>14043916
As has been said, beams straight up don't exist in IBO so we can only speculate about how effective the nano-laminate armor is against them. That being said, they do mention they use napalm to burn it off on larger ships, so beams should be able to tear through them like normal.
>>
>>14043916
Even if beam projectiles were ineffective, beam sabers have never had much trouble cutting through shields and reflective coating.
>>
>>14043926

>No beam weapons in IBO
>Rick Dom's beam zook would murder everything

I can see it.
>>
>>14043939
nano-laminate isn't reflective

that said, I can't see beam sabres having trouble cutting through nano-laminate armor if napalm can burn it off
>>
Nanolaminate is literally just really really tough acrylic topcoat you put on to make your gunpla more durable. That's all it is. It has nothing to do with beam ablation, and the Barbatos only tanks rounds hardcore because the armor itself is tough as shit too. The Gusion was the same thing taken to a logical conclusion.
>>
>>14043960
>nano-laminate isn't reflective
My point was that, even if it were, which we don't really know since there aren't any beams to test it on, that beam sabers are rarely ineffective. Only, what, other beam sabers and beam shields do the trick?
>>
>>14043431
I think the F91 is pretty rad
>>
>>14043951
That's assuming that nano-laminate armor isn't the reason people stopped using beams. They haven't said in-story why there are no beam weapons, it was just an aesthetic choice of the staff.
Maybe beams are a lost technology. Maybe H3 is too hard to come by to be spraying plasma everywhere. Maybe beam weapons were banned for environmental reasons. Maybe nano-laminate harmlessly absorbs beam weapons and only close-range projectiles work. Maybe nano-laminate goes nuclear if it's hit with a beam so you don't dare shoot it.
It is a mystery.
>>
>>14044045

I think you're pretty rad anon
F91 is a sexy underrated beast
>>
File: Crossbone X-91.png (44 KB, 720x1026) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone X-91.png
44 KB, 720x1026
>>14044100
>>14044045
I think you're both pretty rad too.
What do you think of my abomination?
>>
>>14044108
I actually quite like it.

The waist/legs are missing some color separation though, can't put my finger on it but it needs something to break up all the white.

Maybe it's because the back piece is missing
>>
>>14044108
>>14044120

Mash together VSBRs and the crossbone pack, bet that would look sexy
>>
>>14043431
I know this isn't what you're looking for, but the AEUG Gundam Mark 2 is the most average looking Gundam.
>>
>>14044246
That's why people like it I think, atleast me. It's not over the top flashy shit. It's a gundam but it's the grunt gundam (besides the rx79 or ez8 which I love for the same reason)
>>
>>14044097

There is nothing in the story that hints at beam weapons ever being a thing in IBO, so it's likely they just don't exist.
and what we know of nanolaminate armour suggest it is sensitive to heat, since they mention napalm as a close range anti-ship weapon in the fight with the Turbines.
>>
Rx-78-2 or Duel
>>
>>14044189
I was going to pop on a twin VSBR but there isn't line art for it. Honestly I wasn't sure if this thing looked hideous or not but it seems F91 is always good.
>>
File: duel alex.png (2 MB, 1200x3758) Image search: [Google]
duel alex.png
2 MB, 1200x3758
>>14044652
in terms of what?
>>
File: Rx-178-mk-ii-artbook.jpg (605 KB, 2064x2400) Image search: [Google]
Rx-178-mk-ii-artbook.jpg
605 KB, 2064x2400
>>14044304
>That's why people like it I think
We like the Titans Mk II, thank you very much. Titans color scheme is love.
>>
>>14044620
>nothing in the story that hints at beam weapons ever being a thing in IBO
Are you one of those people who are in denial about all the Gundam shows being set on the same earth?
>>
>>14044658
averageness in their universe
>>
>>14044660
Speak for yourself, the off-white EFSF is the greatest.
>>
>>14044667
both UC, CE, 00 say their calendars replaced AD
>>
>>14043431
Barbatos
It's weaker than a Zaku
>>
>>14044667
>all the Gundam shows being set on the same earth?
>>
Why has no one said Gundam Barbatos? It lacks a 360 cockpit, no beam weaponry at all, above average mobility, but shit armor. It's only good because it has a special snowflake pilot.
>>
>>14045018
Taking the bait, but you're in idiot if you actually think that.
>>
>>14044667
>>14044667
>Newtypes
>Coordinators
>Innovades
>Innovators
>X-rounders
>Whatever Aila was
If they actually took place in the same universe and on the same Earth, all those special snowflake humans would had existed too. But nope, it is either one or the other.
>>
>>14045018
>WHOWOULDWININAFIGHT.jpg

I'm already having flashbacks...
>>
>>14045088
It clearly is, a heat hawk would btfo the barbatos any day
>>
>>14045137
Barbatos is way faster than a Zaku though
>>
>>14045142
and a GN-X would fuck both
>>
>>14043800
>ran out of fuel
The problem with non-nuclear-powered MS wasn't the fuel/propellant, it was the batteries running out of power.
We've seen them run out of power and thus are unable to use beam weapons/PS, but they are still able to fly and whatnot.
>>
>>14045737
how the hell do they ignite thrusters without any power?
>>
>>14045749
They can still move and boost around after running out of power in their battery.
Its either they have a separate battery for those, or their actuators, computers and everything are so power efficient they take little power to run.

The thing is, they never run out of whatever that is keeping their MS running, they just run out of power for the weapons and PS.
>>
>>14045885
I thought the Strike only ran *low* on power and the system automatically shut off PS armor as a precaution. Impulse and Destiny also ran low but not completely dry.

As far as I know, the battery gauge was in the red, but not empty.
>>
>>14043803

Don't know about the other two (well, Quatre never berudges the 40 thieves backing him up while Wufei's mentality is more of justice before anything else) but didn't the original Desthscythe have some stealth capabilities as well? Or was it only for its upgrade?
>>
File: deathscythe hell active cloak.webm (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
deathscythe hell active cloak.webm
1 MB, 960x720
>>14045918
Original Deathscythe had something called hyper jammers, that was it. Gundanium itself is naturally stealthy and non-reactive to radar. The Deathscythe Hell had something called the "active cloak" which as the words imply, made it invisible or at the very least visually difficult to see.
>>
File: 1rt2.jpg (59 KB, 770x511) Image search: [Google]
1rt2.jpg
59 KB, 770x511
>>14043790
In terms of actual weapon , they are all pretty bad with exception to Wing which is quite balanced with melee weapons and a range weapon. Wing would be quite mediocre without its TBR gimmick though.
>>
>>14046548
Why does that Epyon have a GN long beam rifle?
>>
>>14045885
Im pretty sure the strike was completely oit after cagalli's explosive trap
It dropped to one knee
>>
>>14046597
Dare I say it?
GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.