[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aldnoah.Zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: Aldnoah Zero.jpg (111 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
Aldnoah Zero.jpg
111 KB, 1600x600
I just finished this and I was wondering what people thought of it.
>>
A series to surpass Gundam.
>>
>>14041975
I noticed that it's very similar in a lot of ways. Specifically the whole "Earth versus colony" thing and the constant space politics. I wouldn't say it's better than the best of Gundam, though. Definitely better than SEED though
>>
I would suggest you stick to it
>>
>>14041985
I would disagree
Personally, I really enjoyed SEED. Even if you think it was stupider than Aldnoah, at least it wasn't bland. Had some genuinely great characters like Mwu and Cruset. Even Destiny starts off pretty well.

Aldnoah is just fucking dull, and grey. Aldnoah doesn't have anything as funny as "NICOLE WAS 15, HE LOVED THE PIANO"
I think SEED is worse when you're watching it while it's airing, because there was a chance that it would take the whole franchise in a new direction. It's a decent watch if you have hindisght.
>>
>>14042051
Huh?
>>
>>14042060
Well then this is where opinions start then, so I'm not gonna argue your opinion. I would just like to say that Aldnoah isn't supposed to be funny. It's attempts at humor are small and only exist to alleviate tension while depressing shit happens.
>>
>>14042063
It's a recent /m/eme, people with shit taste should stick to shit shows like a/z, hence the from "Stick to A/Z, [appropriate insult]"
>>
>>14042083
Wouldn't that make more sense if A/Z was still ongoing and not finished?
>>
>>14042073
Personally though, I don't think Aldnoah was very tense. Because most of the characters were flat and dull to watch. I can barely even remember any of their names. Why would I feel any tension when I don't care?
But like you said
>opinions
>>
>>14042086
That might have been when it started, I dunno. I ignored the show when it first aired
>>
>>14041961
As a whole /m/ hates it and everything in it was poorly done.

Personally, I thought it lacked tension.
The character development was poorly done.
The show contradicted itself in both setting and actions.
The story revolved around the Gary Stu protagonist even when the other guy was driving the story in the second season.
Peace princess was retarded and ended up saving the world.

Also the fighters having the missile barrage and waiting until the final fight until one used it bothered me.

It mainly had the same problems a lot of mecha shows have.
>>
>>14042091
Yeah it started while S2 was airing.
>>
>>14042545
>Yeah it started while S2 was airing.
Nope. Way before then.
>>
>>14042541
>It mainly had the same problems a lot of mecha shows have.
Wrong again retard
>>
>>14042572
Did it? Only really noticed it take off when Greco was airing.

Probably just never noticed it before that because I didn't pay A/Z any attention really.
>>
>>14041961
Utterly terrible in basically every way.
>>
Interesting first few eps.
Some of the mechs looked cool. All of once.
Post traumatic stress alcoholic mech pilot was interesting.
Slaine would have been a good tragic character turned machavellian manipulator if he did a "he sat upon a throne and wore his crown upon a troubled brow" ending and assahime died/defected to earth
Some of the fights were...interesting.
That's about it.
The story is ridiculous and falls apart under the slightest scrutiny, the plot is pissed away on dumbfuckery, the motw robots are stupid and used incorrectly.
It shat the bed in WAY to many places and basically all of the characters fluctuated between being boring and being objectively shit.
>>
>>14041961
Enjoyable enough as it went. Enjoying muh science against martians was highlight of that season for some of us. Nice music, NICE visuals for most of the time, utterly stupid and pointless ending.
Up until last three or so episodes I was hoping for something to happen in the story that could be called satisfying. In the end, series was like particularly good fast food meal-tasty, fancy but ultimately not very satisfying.
>>14042631
What he said.
>>
>>14042631
>Interesting first few eps.
>Some of the mechs looked cool. All of once.
>Post traumatic stress alcoholic mech pilot was interesting
>Some of the fights were...interesting.
All complete bullshit
>>
>>14042665

>People are allowed to have different opinions and think some things in flawed shows are good?

Oh, fuck off, you faggot.
>>
>>14041961
first half ok

second half had really shit beginning and end
>hey look no one died
>hey look hime-sama married this random who showed up like 2 eps ago
>>
File: 1448749478302.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448749478302.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>14042656
>Enjoyable enough as it went. Enjoying muh science against martians was highlight of that season for some of us. Nice music, NICE visuals for most of the time
>>
>>14041961
I enjoyed it. More specifically, I adored the first 3 episodes, I enjoyed the rest of S1 but S2 was a bit of a mess if not passably entertaining in its own right.

I seem to be in the minority whom really like the Earth Kataphrakt designs. Curious, what were the main things that everyone disliked about the Sleipnir/Areion?
>>
>>14041961
It has decent intro eps. Then the next couple of fights is just the same as the first one except with more wikipedia bullshit.

The finale is cliffhanger garbage and the second season didn't do anything to redeem it.
>>
>>14042574
>>14042665
Here's your (You)
>>
>>14042665
>Interesting first few eps.
It's true. The total war and build up and not knowing what the fuck is going on with them escaping and barely beating a few mechs with skill and intelligence stuff.
All of it was good. Then later eps...preceeded to fuck this up by going overboard with it, doing unbelievably retarded bullshit for the sake of DRAMA. And it wasn't the crazy watercooler lol this shit is fucking bananas kind of drama that magic eye noodle people had. It was the kind of awful groan inducing stuff that you just sat through hoping that it would not be bad.

>Some of the mechs looked cool. All of once.
This is my opinion. I will stick by it like a man sticks by a masochist multiorgasmic rich chick with a 20/10 body who's deeply in love with him.

>Post traumatic stress alcoholic mech pilot was interesting
Well, It's true.

>Some of the fights were...interesting.
They were. A few here and there were okay that's interesteing, not particularly entertaining, but interesting nonetheless.
>>
>>14042678
The feet.
CG didn't look good.

I didn't mind them. A lot of it is /m/ has a hateboner for the show.
>>
>>14042698
>It's true. The total war and build up and not knowing what the fuck is going on with them escaping and barely beating a few mechs with skill and intelligence stuff.
Oh wait you're serious.

>This is my opinion.
And it's shit.
>Well, It's true.
Nope, he was just a waste of space with a gimmick that was too unrealistic to care
>They were.
Also nope, unless you want to see how the staff failed science or how to make your enemies less threatening.
>>
I didn't finish the series. Was Inaho's autism and his proficiency in piloting ever justified?
>>
>>14042709
>Was Inaho's autism and his proficiency in piloting ever justified?
Nope, everyone was just really dumb
>>
>Oh wait you're serious.
Yes

>And it's shit.
As are you.

>Nope, he was just a waste of space with a gimmick that was too unrealistic to care
What gimmick? Being a 30year old soldier who has ptsd because of what he saw in the war and freezes up in mechs? That's not unrealistic. That's the most believable reaction to the shit going on in the show.

>Also nope, unless you want to see how the staff failed science or how to make your enemies less threatening.
Yes I know they're stupid. I also know that it's stupid to be able to cut through mountains with katanna made of magic and fairy dust. But I can still be interested by it.
>>
>>14042714
>Yes
Then you are a sad little man
>As are you.
Nope.
>That's the most believable reaction to the shit going on in the show.
And this is the stupidest shit I've heard all day
>But I can still be interested by it.
That speaks more for your terrible tastes if anything.
>>
>>14042707
>Nope, he was just a waste of space with a gimmick that was too unrealistic to care.
Are panic attacks gimmicks now?

>>14042707
>Also nope, unless you want to see how the staff failed science or how to make your enemies less threatening.
Inaho wasn't involved in a few fights.
>>
>>14042724
Who are you quoting?
>>
I thought Valvrager loved Aldnoah.Zero?
>>
>>14042722
Getting mad because someone has a mild opinion.
>>
>>14042724
>>14042714
His gimmick was neither compelling nor realistic considering that's not how PTSD is treated since the show fails at damn near everything its no surprise that they didn't do that way. Want a show that handles PTSD without making the character a complete fucking joke? Watch VOTOMS.
>>
>>14042730
Is Valvrager the new meme for anytime someone doesn't like something or is it used to defend bad anime?
>>
>>14042736
So it was a gimmick because the treatment was unrealistic and a show did it better 30 years ago?
>>
>>14041961
It falls for all the anime tropes that it could have.

>Mary Sue MC
>cute anime school girls
>interplanetary warfare
>giant fighting robots
>space princess that needs saving
>schoolyard rival
>one-dimensional character archetypes
>laser katana is a practical weapon in combat
>the bad guys are a corrupt aristocracy/oligarchy
>an entire episode devoted to the development team

if you can get past all that, it's not that bad.
>>
>>14042743
>No argument

You're done here
>>
>>14042749
>giant fighting robots
Not disagreeing, but is that necessarily a problem on /m/?
>>
>>14042736
I feel that it was, but having the boring mc that no one likes be the center was more important.
You being a faggot that namedrops one fucking mecha anime does make this characters potential any less.
There are litterally DOZENS of people in mech series who get cases of ptsd. I've yet to see any who's life is defined by it in such a major way.

>>14042709
Was hoping that he had severe OCD and part of it was controling his own emotions and thinking ahead and creating the perfect way to deal with situations.
And when there was no situation to deal with he would revert to a rigirous routine.
Probably something to do with the moonfall and him doing something stupid/childish and getting his parents killed and sister hurt badly.
>>
>>14041961
It's one of the absolute worst anime series I have ever seen. From the first episode all the way until the end (of season 1, I couldn't force myself to watch season 2), it was awful. Everything bad about anime is exemplified by this series.
>>
>>14042750
You never said anything about the character.
>>
>>14042770
>I feel that it was
Then you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know shit about PTSD.
>You being a faggot that namedrops one fucking mecha anime does make this characters potential any less.
The fact that the show stops focusing on his problems and character ater on only serves to prove my point
>There are litterally DOZENS of people in mech series who get cases of ptsd. I've yet to see any who's life is defined by it in such a major way.
Then you don't watch much mecha at all.
>>
>>14042766
>Not disagreeing, but is that necessarily a problem on /m/?

No.

Just pointing out how unoriginal and by-the-numbers AZ was.
>>
>>14041961
There was opportunity to present a different take on real robots vs. super robots, colony empire vs. feddie world government that could have been ethically and politically interesting despite not being the next Gundam installment. But then they completely shit on that opportunity and undermine the thematic setup. Why? Because no one doesn't understood the essence of the source material. Yes, Eggs lacks the coming-of-age teenage wangst of a Kamille or Amuro and that might be seen as an improvement (especially when A/Z S1 aired at the same time as Kirito Jesus and Oniisama Jesus). But what they fail to recognize is a Kirito/Oniisama Clone Jesus 3.0 doesn’t make sense against as a counter protagonist to the (actual) coming-of-age teenage wangst of Slaine. The show and audience fail to recognize you can’t paint one MC who uses the princess to try and end the war and kills a bunch of bad guys - and paint them as that much more holier than thou than the other MC who also uses the princess to try and end the war and kills a bunch of bad guys. The show only saw the surface and forced an interpretation down our throats while completely neglecting any chance to explore potential depth.
>>
>>14041961
There’s the scene where Eggs shoots down Slaine over the very plot-contrived misunderstanding, and his actions were largely brushed off as Eggs having a forgivably retarded, but understandable moment. Eggs only has one half the audience’s perspective in mind, likewise Slaine with the other half.
Yet when Episode 12 comes around and Slaine with his half of the perspective comes in and puts one in Eggs Jesus’s head, suddenly he’s Satan Incarnate and we’re not supposed to agree with that. We’re supposed to be mad at Slaine in S2 for purposefully keeping the princess hidden out of sight and trying to end the war his way, but when Eggs was doing the exact same thing for the entirety of S1 we’re supposed to sympathize with his underdog plight. It’s madness.
There's a really compelling story in A/Z that wanted to be told, but it seemed like every character was trying to undermine that story with their actions. Or they weren’t developed enough to do more than scratch the surface and be forgotten by the next episode.
>>
>>14042812
>There was opportunity to present a different take on real robots vs. super robots, colony empire vs. feddie world government that could have been ethically and politically interesting
It was literally just aping ideas that were handled better in other shows, even the beginning is just a retread of 0079 and Yamato
>>
>>14042796
>Then you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know shit about PTSD.
Elaborate then you waste of spunk. What makes you a fucking expert and why was that characters "gimmick" not a good representation of PTSD.

>The fact that the show stops focusing on his problems and character ater on only serves to prove my point
Are you fucking retarded?
This show does not give a shit about anyone save the fucking mc and the princess and that one martian traitor broad that should have fucking died in the first season
Everyone litterally EVERYONE ELSE was a distant third.

>Then you don't watch much mecha at all.
So you're saying ptsd isn't something that mecha pilots deal with at all ever?
>>
>>14041961

I liked the first half of it, though some of the desicions on where to take the story direction were odd, and, i feel, not the most enjoyable option. was interested to see how it continued after the break between halves.

Once it started airing again though, the show became a complete mess for the most part, elements were introduced then abandoned, then picked up again at the last second, and the plot just sort've derailed to the point where you didn't know what you were supposed to be invested in anymore.
>>
>>14042796
>Then you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know shit about PTSD.

I bet you know so much more about it, you keyboard warrior.
>>
>>14042836
>even the beginning is just a retread of 0079
Not as much as a lot of mecha shows.
>>
>>14042903
>implying today's world of microaggressions and trigger phrases hasn't bred an entire generation of people with PTSD
>>
>>14042907

No, it's bred an entire generation of fucksticks who allow themselves to become easily offended by mundane shit.
>>
>>14042912
You're not wrong, but legitimately the pussification of society could in fact raise the incidence of PTSD/anxiety cases, simply by virtue of increased sensitivity.
>>
thread's starting to smell like /pol/.
>>
>>14042972
Then you might want to go back to tumblr.
>>
>>14042905
>First episode begins with an invasion of an army of aristocratic bigots
>The only hope the Earth army has is a ship called the White Bas- I mean Decualion who they must travel across the globe with

Okay
>>
>>14043003

or you can go back to your containment board.
>>
>>14043030
I don't think you know how this website works.
>>
>>14043042

makin comments like 'the pussification of society leads to higher ptsd' sounds like an observation from some edgy basement dwelling teen. pretty sure they're over in /pol/ and /tv/.
>>
>>14041961

Ambitious (at least according to the staff and the president of A-1 anyways) but rubbish
>>
>>14041961
It was pretty boring. Basically full of ideas that gundam has done better already. Shallow politics, Mars MC rose through martian society too fast to be realistic and without any backstabbing or political intrigue. Fake princess is too convenient a plot device. Other MC had too much of an easy time dealing with super powerful enemies that literally no one else on earth can defeat. Princess got her end too easily and lacked screentime to develop. Like the writers just know their destination but not how to get to it in an interesting way.
Even with SEED, there were moments I was genuinely interested in the plot/characters. With AZ everything is so boring, sterile and safe.
>>
>>14042819
iirc, Inaho was using her to end the war with her cooperation and Slaine was using it to prolong it without her cooperation and conquer earth or whatever. It's japan so pacifism > war with them.

>There's a really compelling story in A/Z that wanted to be told,
Kek, in your mind maybe.
>>
>>14042674
When I want to be intellectually aroused, book is usually a way to go. A/Z was entertaining, did have nice ideas here and there, music is good enough to be listened stand alone and animation looked good for normal non movoe quality series. Duh. Got baited.
>>
>>14043823
>A/Z was entertaining, did have nice ideas here and there, music is good enough to be listened stand alone and animation looked good for normal non movoe quality series
So your tastes is just shit. Gotcha
>>
>>14043969

You don't watch anime for 'tastes'.

Go watch Citizen Kane, Lawrence of Arabia or Shawshank if you want to see things you can actually be snobby about.
>>
>>14043973

could you even be more of a pleb with those movie tastes? btw i only watch 80s anime because there's no moe shit and it beats the snot out of anything the west has to offer with thematic profundity.
>>
>>14043973
There's clearly a butthurt rager shitting up the thread with his cute little snark and barks. Ignore him and maybe he'll finally fuck off back to whatever hole he crawled out of or find an IBO thread to derail instead.
>>
>>14043004
You covered most of the gundam franchise, MJP, Dragonar and others.
>>
>>14041985
>better than SEED
Even fucking Destiny is better than AZ, no joking, anon. AZ plot is just full with holes and the cast were so one dimensional it's sad.
>>
File: I forgot Dalong had this scanned.jpg (275 KB, 1068x1511) Image search: [Google]
I forgot Dalong had this scanned.jpg
275 KB, 1068x1511
>>14042678
Are you me? I hold the same opinions on the series and Earth kats, enough to grab the Kotobukiya Sleipnir kit. Although I admit that the feet are too tiny for its own good and it's got legs that only Katoki could love.
>>
File: UFE Mech.jpg (80 KB, 840x1065) Image search: [Google]
UFE Mech.jpg
80 KB, 840x1065
I liked Season 1 a whole lot. The idea of garbage mass produced mechs being thrown at fucking god-tier magic bullshit is really appealing to me, and the fights were always super interesting due to this. I also regarded Inaho as one of the few good "Mary Sue" characters since him being really smart and tactical only improved the action scenes. Honestly, it felt like a show that could only improve after the first season.

But then Season 2 completely fucked up. Slaine's character motivations make no fucking sense. The Analytical Engine completely ruins Inaho as a character. Space battles take away the cool weight that the S1 battles had. The ending completely ignores facts previously established about the story because I guess they just ran out of money. It was a complete shitshow.

Earth mechs are cool though
>>
File: 1414552134167.jpg (31 KB, 587x720) Image search: [Google]
1414552134167.jpg
31 KB, 587x720
>>14041985
>Definitely better than SEED though
nope
>>
>>14045481
>I liked Season 1 a whole lot.
Don't even have to read the rest of your post to know you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>14043973
>Just because A/Z is shit means all anime is shit

Not how it works kid.

>>14044090
You're pathetic.
>>
File: AdoptoahZero.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
AdoptoahZero.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>14041961
Still the best dad there ever was.
>>
File: 1450185370264.jpg (23 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
1450185370264.jpg
23 KB, 637x480
>>14045481
>The idea of garbage mass produced mechs being thrown at fucking god-tier magic bullshit is really appealing to me, and the fights were always super interesting due to this. I also regarded Inaho as one of the few good "Mary Sue" characters since him being really smart and tactical only improved the action scenes.
>>
>>14045542
I think a Mary Sue in a setting where it is necessary is fine while a Mary Sue in a setting where it is not necessary is not.
>>
>>14045571
That makes no fucking sense
>>
>>14045571

But it isn't necessary for him to be a sue in this case.
>>
>>14045496
>>140145512
>>14045519
Do you seriously feel a need to reply to every post ITT? Or have you not realized you're still bumping something you clearly hate so much you feel the need to shit on anyone with something to say?

Fuck off retard. We get it, you hate A/Z. People are going to talk about things you don't like. That's why god created other threads.
>>
>>14045571
When is a Mary Sue ever necessary? If there's a setting that requires a Mary Sue, isn't that a bad setting?
>>
>>14045601
Not sure what's sadder? People still talking about this piece of shit or the fact that fans like this still exist?
>>
>>14045582
Inaho being a Mary Sue is necessary because that fucker had a barrier that eats everything. The enemies are OP as fuck.
>>
File: 1454975269651.jpg (16 KB, 498x376) Image search: [Google]
1454975269651.jpg
16 KB, 498x376
>>14045660
You cannot be fucking serious.
>>
>>14045660
It really warms my heart that we get stupid ass comments like this because the show has become such a joke to the point where people who like it are ashamed to admit it.
>>
>>14041961
It was Gundam 0079 with another skin with the protag-rival-gal triangle being the center from the beginning.

When you look at the setting and the events that occur,none of it makes sense in grand scheme of things.

Pus they handwave interesting stuff that would had better if had been the focus such as the whole story behind Slaine's father involvement in incidents related to the Aldnoah itself, the PTSD lieutenant (which was pretty much anti Mwu La Flaga ), the Captain an her XO ,Main MC's backstory of being shell shocked or some bloody scene where is sitting among corpse I maean come on, Asshime not being Shitty Lacus redux and most importantly some character on Vers side.
You cannot thump honer and pride on your chest when you are landing right into civilian areas,or atleast someone point that pout to them.

As you can see, it was an attempt to do SEED-redux, now viewers assumed to be stupider than before. Any one with common sense can see that Inaho was prepped to be the the next Kira Yamato, now with more Yamato.
Just see how Martian of "European " dissent are taken down single handedly by this boy from Nihon in the entire earth! I don;t know if that's not as blatant as it get on "NIHON STRONK ", then what it is.

Asshime never got to see why her childish ways are futile,instead she sells out Vers out of that one bargainning chip that was keeping space north korea together.Wtih status quo being untouched, do you think that the earth resources will be distributed equally on Vers? No, all knights will use it to raise their chiken farm while the common folks will keep eating algae .I mean come one she is dumber than her grandpa who himself got duped when suing peace did came to his mind/

And let's not talk about how the use of technology makes no sense.Vers use its;s laws of physics bending tech to wage a war of attrition far away from Mars instead of imroving Mars.(1/2)
>>
I think it's a fun series, if you don't take it very seriously. Only issue is that every single character is a retard. Except the expressionless zombie they call a main character.
>>
>>14045722
What do Inaho and Yamato have in common?

>>14045660
What? You know there were plenty of ways to make him not a marey sue, while still powerful.
For example, have him be a great tactictian but a shit pilot. Or a great tactitian but his sperginess impedes his ability to work with others. These flaws would allow him room to grow, and give some much needed spotlight to other characters.
>>
>>14045660 Fuck, I gotta proofread when late-night posting
It's less that "enemies are OP as fuck" and more that Eggs is the only one with a brain. For all the grunt-wank A/Z pretends to have, every unnamed Areion pilot basically just stands and shoots, not thinking about falling back or maneuvering, and every named character not in a Sleipnir exists to follow Eggs' keikaku. Hell, speaking of the Sleipnir, it functions almost like a "super prototype" within its own series as only the protagonist gets one, it's more effective at fighting enemies than anything else the UEF has, and has a number of weapons and equipment seemingly exclusive to it (Tactical Suits, Conformal Power Assists, and Giant Mecha Swords only pop up once for Eggs to beat the Mecha of the Week with them). And Eggs' entire plan hinges on the saved offline Wikipedia articles he quotes while explaining his plan to defeat the barrier, which no one else even thinks to do.
>>
>>14045722
In s2 Inaho was web cam size super computer installed in his eye socket yet this super tech wasn't implemented in all Earth's mech or even a strike team taking out one knight after another, causing panic panic among the kniht and make them rethink their strategy .Even without that they couldn't conquesr earth with that super tech for 2 years!All because that one autistic kid from that single Island of shamless Otakus!

The one who got the shortest end of stick was Slaine.He is the porn star of this misery porn who get fuccked in ass so that fappers will fap for being feeling pity for him.
There was no way for him to have any form of happy ending or even end of this suffering ever. At least Shin (seed destiny ) got Luna Maria at the end.(And in IRL)

Anyway,one of the biggest reason I see any mechafan sperg out is that the "mecha sucks ,Code geass was great and mecha was not focus in it " normie crowd who might have seen only mecha anime apart from Code geass such as TTGL and EVA just to keep up with "trends" in the community started to act like this anime being the one they wanted for a long time. They kept repeating how awesome Inaho was when it was obviously clear that they lack knowledge and have no idea what they are even saying (just like those who say " Eva is decon of the genre " have no idea what they are spewing ) .Considering that there are shows like Takahashi real robot show that does it better ,this crowd then plays the "old animation my eyes hurt" card just to keep acting like in their retarded ignorant ways while shooting down any counter argument that break the circle jerk.
While at the end many did opened their eyes and saw how shit it was, the crowd that unironially thinks that this and Guilty Crown were good still sshamelessly wave it around as their mecha creed.

In conclusion, while anime was an exercise into shitty melodrama with wasted potential,it was the fandom on this side of pacific that made itself look like fool(2/2)
>>
>>14045755
>What do Inaho and Yamato have in common?

Yamato Fucking damashii.
Perfect Victory.
No odds what so ever
At least Seed had other pliots to look for.
>>
>>14045845

I liked the general idea of Eggs' victories in the first three episodes, but every one of them relies on a large number of coincidences aligning just right to make everything go according to keikaku. Even that didn't bother me until the show made it explicit that he was the only person on Earth who had defeated even a single Martian mech, even though most seem perfectly susceptible to bullets as long as you put 'em in the right places.

I won't even get into how stupid "the rocket fists can't be harmed because they turn into a single atom" fight was, that was just dumb as hell.
>>
>>14046064
>"the rocket fists can't be harmed because they turn into a single atom" fight

And the aftermath where Inaho shoots down Slaine and never asked about that again put the whole anime on the shit train it became.
Not to mention Not-yamato powered by Aldnoah shit.
>>
>>14046158

I'm still not sure why that had to go down the way it did. In a sane universe Slaine would have been placed under guard until Princess Asseylum insisted he wasn't part of the conspiracy, then joined up with the Terran side. Instead we get a season and a half of diabolus ex machina and what comes across as a poorly written hurt-comfort fanfiction that somehow was animated instead of the actual script.
>>
>>14046158
>>14046196
There was literally no reason to leave Slaine on the island to be picked up by Cruhteo later, except to force drama. It can't be because they're worried about getting attacked by another Versian Kataphrakt, since the next episode shows that Captain and XO have data on where other Landing Castles touched down, and they know that the counts are territorial and don't really touch things outside their domain. And even if they were worried about Slaine resisting capture and shooting at them, two episodes later that, even before reaching the Russian HQ, the Deucalion's still got a number of expendable Areion pilots onboard to risk extracting him, and they could've equipped Tactical Suits to increase their survivability -- hell, if you also include what's shown in Cour 2, you learn that Areions can be remotely controlled, so they didn't need to risk any casualties.
>>
>>14041985
I watched it before any gundam and thought it was cool. Boy how naive I was.
>>
>>14043343
Honestly with how the situation was portrayed Slaine's ideas were logical, as opposed to let's ask really nicely and hope that they do it.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.