[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /m/. Can I ask you for help? I'm running a panel at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1431320088388.jpg (2 MB, 1648x5208) Image search: [Google]
1431320088388.jpg
2 MB, 1648x5208
Hey /m/. Can I ask you for help? I'm running a panel at a small convention about why fujoshi (and, to a lesser extent, fudanshi) enjoy mecha anime. Part of the panel is about the obvious stuff (mecha gets super-hyped so a few fujoshi watching it is inevitable, some fujos like watching robots beat the shit out of each other and shipping is just a side benefit, Wing fandom indoctrinated an entire generation of Western fujos), but the meat of the panel is about tropes fujoshi enjoy that frequently come up in mecha anime, like "rivals," "uniforms," "torture scenes," and "war with high stakes." So what is your opinion? I would really appreciate your contribution.
>>
>>14039381
>mecha gets super-hyped
Mecha is dead nowadays. It's been a dead genre for years. Getting less than 10 real mecha shows a year, almost all of which will be shit and very poorly received, is evidence of that
>>
File: chase's ass.jpg (184 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
chase's ass.jpg
184 KB, 1000x1000
you already posted the picture I came here to post so here have a random picture from my ho/m/o folder
>>
File: 1430441333750.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1430441333750.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
I'm surprised enough fujoshi watch mecha to warrant something like this, I generally assume no one watches mecha other than TTGL, and Code Geass
You could talk about ZZ gundam being one of the first mecha showing cock.
>>
>>14039403
What?
You thought the /m/ likes fujo shit was a meme?
>>
>>14039389
>This is a family show.
Elevens are masters of omnipandering.
>>
>>14039387
If that's your criteria, then I guess mecha has been dead since the end of the 80s or so. I suppose it's a good thing you're wrong, though.
>>
>>14039612
Mecha has been dead since the late 70s, Gundam killed it :^)
>>
>>14039612
What's the last, big mecha show that's both been hyped up and generally well-received, then?
>>
>>14039389
Do western fujos watch toku or is that still strictly neckbeards?
>>
Mecha anime is hardly watched by fujos, that's precisely the reason why Sunrise floods theirs shows with bishies and gay innuendo."Pandering to a wider audience" outside nostalgiafags....
>>
>>14039637
Fafner S2
>>
>>14039649
Yes.
>>
>>14039612
So, that's why 10 years ago two mecha shows were the greatest hits of the season?
>>
>>14040249
literally only code geass
>>
>>14039381
>tropes

People still use this cancerous term?

It is as bad as urban dictionary at this point.

Also, what a not subtle way to get people to try to do your homework.
>>
>>14040254
And 00, according to my sources. It was the second most popular anime of the season
>>
>>14039387
>local man declares genre dead after not being pandered hard enough to
>>
Just bring up Zone of the Enders. That's all you have to do.
>>
>>14040259
>one site owns a word
'trope' predates those faggots by nearly five hundred years
>>
>>14039688
It's well received yes, but I don't think it was that hyped up prior to it's airing.
>>
>>14039381
Any one has the Lesbian version of the OP
s pic?
>>
>>14041049
The newest is at >>13956246.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.