[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what caused VSBRs to go out of style? Logically they render
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: f91-vsbr[1].jpg (27 KB, 512x261) Image search: [Google]
f91-vsbr[1].jpg
27 KB, 512x261
So what caused VSBRs to go out of style? Logically they render the beam shield's advantages worthless if they're standard issue since it just goes right through. You give one of these to every suit and suddenly beam shields don't seem like a perfect counter to pretty much everything anymore.

Did beam shields become powerful enough to counter it or something?
>>
Probably expensive
>>
>>14039219
Crossbone confirms expense.
>>
whenever something in gundam that should have been used was not used, it's too expensive
>>
File: 1458653035367.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1458653035367.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>14039212
Expensive, perhaps?

Moreso I would just remind you that late-UC federation was insanely corrupt hence why Victory went down in the way it did.

So it's no wonder that they kinda ignored threats after zeon, and thus didn't really fund mobile suit development in the way it had once done. It probably never made it to mass production testing phase. (IE I would go out on a limb and say F90/F91 was a one and done prototype line)
>>
>>14039243
>Insanely corrupt
Can't blame them though, being attacked and besiege by Insurgence like Neo Zeon, Neo Neo Zeon, Neo Neo Zeon in MARS and Jupiter Empire in the span of nearly 75 years is not good for any nation.

As for VSBR, It was insanely expensive.
>>
>>14039223
>Crossbone
LOL
>>
>>14039212
Can the VSBR fire Satellite Cannon beams?
>>
>>14039272
You'd need to hook it up to a satellite, first and foremost.
>>
File: ARMS.jpg (257 KB, 442x1088) Image search: [Google]
ARMS.jpg
257 KB, 442x1088
>>14039212
Were they ever in style? The only suits equipped with them are one of a kind prototypes or superexpensive limited MP models like the MP F91.

Meanwhile, the original Crossbone Vanguard's Shot Lancers were so impressive the Federation stole the idea for their mainstay MS. VSBRs only saw super limited use on the Victory 2 Asssault Gundam.
>>
>>14039243
> I would go out on a limb and say F90/F91 was a one and done prototype line
The F91 did see limited run production, actually.
>>
It's always money.

Even irl we've come up with really good cutting edge gadgets, but at the end of the day it would cost a fortune to mass-produce the things for a whole army.
>>
>>14039212

They don't really fall out of favor or anything, but there must be something we the audience don't know about them either complexity, or expense you still VSBRs into Victory Gundam used by both sides.
>>
Can a VSBR pierce an I-Field?
>>
>>14039873
Shocked to see you still posting here.
>>
>>14039894

Presumably yes, it can pierce beam shields so it should be able to pierce I-Fields.

>>14039909
Why is that a shock? /m/ will never get rid of me
>>
>>14039920
How are the stretchmarks?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.