[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[EG] Victory Gundam BD - Disc 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=796639

I used my day off to do this.
>>
File: 1457046315832.gif (736 KB, 395x222) Image search: [Google]
1457046315832.gif
736 KB, 395x222
>>
>>14035781
Thanks RX!
>>
>>14035781
Thanks.
Also HROOAAAAAGH
>>
>>14035781
haven't downloaded it yet, but can we get a shot of the V2? Or does it not appear in these episodes?
>>
File: hkgktdjrye57.jpg (95 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hkgktdjrye57.jpg
95 KB, 500x333
>>14035781
man uso gets all the bitches
>>
>>14035781
B A S E D
>>
>>14035781
>daily deviation.png
>>
I-it's not like I was gonna go to sleep or anything...
>>
Thanks man. I'll miss your awesome work after you retire.
>>
File: 1391802881973.jpg (39 KB, 294x333) Image search: [Google]
1391802881973.jpg
39 KB, 294x333
Aw yis.
>>
Nice thanks man.
>>
>>14035781
I'm not complaining, but there's a marked increase in gags and physical/slapstick humour after episode 31 or so. Not that it wasn't present in the episodes before, but 32 and 33 had a lot more than the other episodes at least, despite still having a very serious tone at times. I wonder why.
>>
>>14035781

I read that as

>you used your day off to tie up a 13 year old boy naked
>>
This show is weird
>>
>>14043035
What do you mean?
>>
>>14035781
How did Flanders get those handcuffs on him?
Also, did he bring lube?
>>
>>14043060
Weird stuff happens in this show
>>
>>14043144
Good goyim.
>>
>>14043144
I can give you that and designs like the Dodgore, but I don't see how >>14043035 is weird or how any of the events are weird. Unconventional at times, sure, but great in it's own way. Episode 27 in itself was the best episode of this disc, and Uso being forced to fire the Big Cannon with his own hands and wiping out hundreds or possibly thousands of people after seeing one of his mother figures die(only a bit before Oliver dies, and before he's going to see his own mother actually die) is one of the very, very many tragic things about Uso's character.
I think a lot of people misunderstand how we're supposed to view Victory and it's many death scenes. I don't think we're supposed to feel sad as an audience that the character died. We see how people are affected by those deaths. Uso, for example. As the Shrikes keep dying, his fight with that Godwald character, it steels his resolve and forces him to be even more willing to fight and kill. He keeps being told to "fight on" by these people he's fighting and people who protect him. He doesn't want any of his friends to die anymore, and if he has to kill people to stop that from happening he will. It really builds up.
Oliver dying also affects how Marbet fights, and forces both Odelo and Tomache to muture faster as people and pilots. That Zanscare mobile suit pilot Uso kills in one of the upcoming episodes, and later has to show the pilot's widow and children his grave also deals with death and its aftermath.
Anyway, I could mention more examples, but I think Victory really highlights tragedy, death, loss and its aftermath in a way that other shows don't, and it's debatable in the end whether or not it actually succeeds, but in my opinion it does a very good job. I just think a lot of people miss that and just focus on the overtly surface level things like the MS designs.
>>
File: Untitled.png (159 KB, 487x479) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
159 KB, 487x479
>>14035781
oh man, I wish I've waited a year to watch this

welp, thanks anyway!
>>
>>14043035
This show is based but yeah end is strange.
>>
>>14043144
Man, I fucking hate this thing.
I hate how effective this pile of crap ended up being.
>>
>>14043240
Don't get me wrong, I'm thoroughly enjoying this; it just does things a little differently
>>
>>14043773
Man, even I sometimes forget how good the 35mm episodes look.
>>
>>
>>14044498
>>
RX, what do you use to extract vobsubs from a DVD? I finally figured out how to cat .vob files but when I use tccat it won't always pick up the subs. MKVToolnix GUI won't always pick up subs either.
>>
Need more caps of the dog's reaction faces.
>>
>>14056325
>>
>>14058675
That's it? That's all? Just ONE?
>>
>>14058675
Was Odelo's clothing the inspiration for Kira's?
>>
>>14060513
Odelo wore it better.
And no, I find it highly doubtful that Hirai would have watched Victory.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.