[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the episode of Mazinger where Koji falls in love so underrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: erika.png (1 MB, 841x621) Image search: [Google]
erika.png
1 MB, 841x621
Why is the episode of Mazinger where Koji falls in love so underrated compared to well known episodes like Minerva x and Rhine X1?

The romance was a lot better written in this episode and Erika is very cute. The artwork is also consistently good. Googling her in Japanese won't even give you many image results.

What did you guys think of the episode?
>>
File: a477.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
a477.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
ERIKA!!!
>>
File: erika2.png (955 KB, 849x633) Image search: [Google]
erika2.png
955 KB, 849x633
>>14035565
Yeah, pretty much every result was from that series.
>>
>>14035544
>Rhine X1

Is remembered because it's from the manga.

>Minerva X

Had a fembot Mazinger.

That said, I've seen people bring up Erika's episode before, so it's somewhat remembered. That, the one really trippy episode, the one where Kouji's mom shows up it's a trap, the episode with Spartan, and a few others get a lot more mentions than, say, the one where Damdam is the mook of the week (despite that one being in Mazinkaiser)
>>
>>14035637
There are so many great episodes in Mazinger. The TV show really deserves more credit than it gets outside of /m/.
>>
>>14035642

It doesn't get any credit here either, though that's for good reason.
>>
>>14035642
It gets a lot of credit. Just not in English.
>>
>>14035642
yeah people spouting crabstick
>>
>>14035642
In fairness, it finally got DVDs thanks to based Discotek, and thus led to rips (because everything they put out tends to go out of print sooner or later). This may help some.
>>
>>14035699
MSG The Origin is out of print where are the rips there
>>
>>14035699
Great Mazinger when?
>>
>>14035776
If Gaiking and Getter Robo Armageddon do well? Maybe? The original series did well enough for them to license Shin Mazinger, Shin VS Neo got a blu ray release and a dual format release for Sekai No Higo. It's not impossible. Discotek as a habit of surprising people.
>>
>>14037155
If Gaiking does well we'll get LoDM.

PLEASE DISCOTEK PLEASE
>>
>>14035764
Comic Walker. Unfortunately, they're rather slow.

>>14037155
One thing for sure is that you don't know what they'll do next. It took ages before deciding to license Castle of Cagliostro, for example. Besides, there's only so many other Mazinger things they could release in the meantime (namely every single popcorn-worthy feature and crossover film).
>>
>>14035699
Yep that is the problem with anime: every show is out of print after a few years.

Though the Nipponese seem to realize this as well: bakabt rarely gets DMCA complaints.
>>
>>14037201
Seconding this, because AuraRoad's been eaten by the subninjas.
>>
>>14037201
>>14037243
>LoDM
>good
>>
>>14037255
Yes we know it was, thank you.
>>
>>14037296

It wasn't, though.
>>
You can actually recruit that girl as a pilot in SRW64, for some reason. She's shitty and comes with no unit.
>>
>>14035637
>Is remembered because it's from the manga.

And maybe one of the few stories from that that don't suck.
>>
>>14037201
>LoDM
Who?
>>
>>14038860
Gaiking
>>
This was one of the stand out episodes in the series and definitely deserves more recognition. For me it wasn't just the story but the way the episode was directed. Very cinematic, it felt like one of the early Toei Doga movies. The director on this episode was Serikawa Yuware who also directed one of the coolest Toei Doga flicks from the period "Wanpaku Ouji no Orochi Taiji" (is there a common agreed upon English name for this movie?). Some of the other episodes directed by Yuware were standard fare but interestingly this was the last one he did on the series so maybe they allowed him to do something a little special with it.
>>
>>14039456
Yeah the direction was pretty fucking ace. Especially when the nazis ambush the girl
>>
>>14039456
Not finding an English info on the guy. Do you have a list of what he's directed?
>>
>>14035637
To be fair Damdam is one of the worst robot designs in the series.
>>
>>14035688
>>14035699
It's crazy to me that Mazinger is consistently considered to be one of the most important robots in the mecha genre but almost no one has seen the original show in English until very recently. Or at least, seen it in a way that isn't just one gigantic clusterfuck of meme-fodder.
>>
>>14037333
That's surprising. Does she have any special interactions with Koji?
>>
>>14039807
I've never watched the episode, but I guess they do the plot from it. Then you get to choose if you want to take her in or not. The whole stage where this happens is exclusive to the Super Robot protagonists, if you're playing Real you can't get her.
After she joins she's barely ever acknowledged again. I forgot I had her most of the time.
>>
>>14035565
Sorrybut that's not Erika that you're looking for, Kazuya-kun/Richard
>>
>>14039801
>consistently considered to be one of the most important robots in the mecha genre

By delusional idiots who know nothing about mecha, yeah.
>>
>>14041786
Are you really denying how important Mazinger is to mecha?
>>
>>14037333
>She's shitty and comes with no unit.

To be fair, every Mazinger pilot except Maria is basically playing with a third of a deck in that game.

>>14039793
I like the fact that it's non-humanoid and some of its ideas were cool, but my god that entire center piece just needs to burn. Mazinkaiser's redesign was much better and even it had problems.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.