[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do they get those little spark effects whenever someone is hit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: sparkranger.jpg (50 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
sparkranger.jpg
50 KB, 450x337
How do they get those little spark effects whenever someone is hit?
>>
Suit actors wear it on the suit and trigger them. It's covered in the Fourze Net Movies suit actors segment.
>>
Small explosives.
>>
>>14035431
>>14035433
Neat
>>
>>14035431
>>14035433
They must be pretty small then, I'd have thought they'd be more visible. Thanks.
>>
>>14035455
They're little pill capsules, like the ones you use for paracetemol or such filled with gunpowder wired up in a chain with either the actor or a guy off-camera holding the detonator.

The smoke used afterwards for the effects is a special chemical that gives off a lot of smoke as it reacts with the air.

The latter part of this video shows a lot of the tricks of the trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVa1eQF3PI
>>
>>14035510
They're cyborgs, anon.
>>
I always wanted to know how often suit actors get seriously hurt.
>>
>>14036419
well it happened at least once in the 70s
>>
>>14035510
Didn't they used to do the smoking effect with mild acid in the old days?
>>
The Ultraman sparks were more dangerous. The explosions could go through sheets of plywood.
>>
>>14035424
You can see the patches where the special effects go off in the old Sentai series, like Zyuranger and Dairanger.

Nowadays they're a lot better at hiding them, and probably just end up using CG to mask over them/have the effect be CG in the first place.
>>
>>14037163
I thought that was just for Kamen Rider Black's transformation.
>>
>>14037163
Probably, but they use titanium chloride most of the time.
>>
>>14035455
It's really, really small. Remember, you want sparks, not actual explosions, and most importantly you're kind of sticking explosives to a real person (especially in Sentai/Ultraman where they're just wearing almost skintight spandex).
I had a Ryuki screencap where you could very blatantly see a patch of tape holding one stuck to his chest but I lost it.
>>
>>14038453
>>14037227
>>14035455
The explosion footage starts from about 1 hour six minutes in.
>>
There must be a lot of those things during Black RX when he is Revolcane'ing somebody through the chest and there's a shitton of sparks flying everywhere
>>
>>14036419
Less than they used to, but it's still a dangerous profession. Eitoku had to basically sit out Drive recovering from an injury he took during Gaim, for instance.
>>
>>14035455
Watch Kakuranger, the patches they use are very noticeable in some parts there.
>>
>>14036419
Not suit actors, but a ton of stuntman were hurt in the filming of Tokyo The Last Meglopolis.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.