[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were people shitting on it in the beginning ? 5ep in and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 14408472309958.png.jpg (86 KB, 588x373) Image search: [Google]
14408472309958.png.jpg
86 KB, 588x373
Why were people shitting on it in the beginning ?
5ep in and I enjoy it so far. It's actually the first tomino anime that I don't hate and can watch more than 1 ep per seating.
The animatin is quite well made and I like how colorful the whole anime is.
Although the dialogue between the characters are stupid/autistic/goofy as usual, it actually made me smile unlike all his previous works.
Did I become autistic or is g reco a decent anime? I still doesn't like king gainer even though I like the mech and the fight.
>>
>>14034647
I liked G-redo aswell.
>>
>>14034647
People wouldn't accept that war could be about a bunch of greedy amateurs suddenly getting their hands on advanced technology without learning the responsibility that comes with using it. Long story short, idiots didn't get it.
>>
>>14034732

But Turn-A though
>>
I liked it. Maybe we can be autistic together.
>>
>>14034647
>Why were people shitting on it in the beginning ? 5ep in and I enjoy it so far. It's actually the first tomino anime that I don't hate and can watch more than 1 ep per seating. The animatin is quite well made and I like how colorful the whole anime is. Although the dialogue between the characters are stupid/autistic/goofy as usual, it actually made me smile unlike all his previous works. Did I become autistic or is g reco a decent anime? I still doesn't like king gainer even though I like the mech and the fight.

G-reco's problem is neither the animation, nor the world building, nor the character design. It's its completely fucked up narrative and rendering moot specific main characters almost from the start.
>>
>>14034804
Found the retard
>>
>>14034804
What's wrong with it? It wasn't that hard to follow and mostly what you could expect of Tomino.
>>
>>14034832
Ridiculous. Raraiya fooling around in the background as a sop to the moetard crowd is the opposite of what I expected of Tomino.

I enjoyed G-Reco for what it was, though. Victory Gundam 2: Only the People Who Deserve it Die This Time No Seriously Though Aida's Not-Dad Can go Fuck Himself Even If He Wasn't Really That Much of a Jerk
>>
>>14034837
Rockpie didn't deserve it.
>>
>>14034844

Rockpie's hair was retarded.
>>
>>14034828
found the falseflagger
>>
People went in expecting Urobutcher. Instead they got Tomino.
>>
>>14034854
Nug and Ringo hair was retarded but they didn't die.
>>
>>14034647
Newfags haven't seen a Tomino anime before.
>>
> the first tomino anime that I don't hate

Which tomino animes did you see?
>>
>>14034647
>Why were people shitting on it in the beginning ?
Tomino.
>>
>>14034837
>Raraiya fooling around in the background as a sop to the moetard crowd is the opposite of what I expected of Tomino.
Have you ever watched any other Gundam? Because that is really no different from Katz and pals or Qum and Shinta.
>>
>>14034885
So people expect for the disciple and they got the master instead?
>>
File: 1098403.jpg (125 KB, 600x904) Image search: [Google]
1098403.jpg
125 KB, 600x904
>>14034647
>Why were people shitting on it in the beginning ?

They were too casual for the ride
>>
>>14034947
>Have you ever watched any other Gundam? Because that is really no different from Katz and pals or Qum and Shinta.

There is a massive difference.

I wanted to fuck Raraiya's already damaged brains out.

Katz offered no such temptation.
>>
Realtalk, it's because it was shit in the weekly release format.

Far more enjoyable to marathon.
>>
File: raraiya concepts.jpg (68 KB, 616x435) Image search: [Google]
raraiya concepts.jpg
68 KB, 616x435
>>14035926
>wanting too fuck brain damaged hot chocolate with marshmallows, and not KATZ

gay
>>
>>14035991
This.
>>
>>14034647
>It's actually the first tomino anime that I don't hate
This, in a nutshell, is the problem. The people who liked it invariably described it as the only one they liked, the first one they liked since Turn A, or the best one since Turn A. Basically you are saying that you like it because it isn't very Gundam. For those of us who like "standard" Gundam fare, seeing people praise these two shows specifically because they are wholly unlike everything else in the franchise in terms of tone and aesthetic is seen as you shitting on the entire franchise except for the one show you happen to like.

As for me, I understand that different people have different tastes. The differences between G-Reco and Zeta, for example are the reasons that you find it palatable while I do not. That's not to say that the show is objectively shit, just that we have different tastes and this particular show is to your tastes and not mine. Some others, however (on both sides), feel the need to argue that their taste is objectively correct and therefore won't leave each other alone. Every time someone praises one aesthetic, someone else is compelled to shit on it in order to defend the other aesthetic. In that sense, Reco was very polarizing and most people who bother to post are either hailing it as a higher form of storytelling that's above the common viewer or decrying it as an incomprehensible mess. It is neither, in fact, but the people who feel compelled to argue one side or the other are highly motivated so you see 10 posts on each side of the GENIUS/SHIT argument for every post saying it's an good show with some flaws or it's a mediocre show with some merit.
>>
>>14036652
I like the standard gundam fare and I liked this personally. So I wouldn't say its all people who want ungundamy gundam shows.
>>
>>14036661
True. There will, of course, be a number of people who like both. But those are not the people who spend hours arguing with each other over whether it's the best/worst thing ever. People who like standard Gundam fare are not going to describe G-Reco as "the first Tomino show I didn't hate".
>>
>>14034647
It's really love it or hate it and /m/ is infested with /v/ so no one actually discusses shows anymore, especially Gundam. We kinda just bait each other until bump limit while giggling and digging up copy pasta from the archives.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.