[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSV-R Johnny Ridden vol 9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 18
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v9-003.jpg (909 KB, 2258x1600) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v9-003.jpg
909 KB, 2258x1600
Nozaku here, coming at you with volume 9 of MSV-R Return of Johnny Ridden.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cw7wp1j7arunf3w/MSV-R_Return_of_Johnny_Ridden_vol_9.zip

Updated pastbin with all my other stuff.

http://pastebin.com/zDqTp4hj

I decided to keep this volume as JPG rather than PNG, as the original JPGs were already small enough in size due to the raws being digital. The raws were the courtesy of and provided by Deacon Blues.
>>
File: IExternal_Linksmg353.jpg (20 KB, 221x317) Image search: [Google]
IExternal_Linksmg353.jpg
20 KB, 221x317
Up next, Hasegawa's MSV Chronicles: Johnny Ridden. This one is a spinoff and is in no way related to Ark Performance's MSV-R. This is the volume that birthed the masterpiece (or monstrosity) Full Bullet Zaku.
>>
>>14032959
Wew Hasegawa.

How does he keep getting hired?
>>
>>14032959
What a coincidence, since Hasegawa was brought up in a different thread.
>>
You don't happen to have the Blue Destiny manga do you?
>>
Thanks, Nozaku.
Also sorry to hear about the MGs you lost at Chicago, I've lost two packages that went through Chicago as well. I hate that place.
>>
>>14033044
Do you mean the reboot?
(I don't have it either way, sorry)

>>14033089
No problem. And looks like I'm not doing a very good job of keeping my identity IRL on the low down, hehe.
>>
>>14032995
his art is shit but I have a lot of fun reading his stuff.
>>
File: g-first.jpg (207 KB, 616x423) Image search: [Google]
g-first.jpg
207 KB, 616x423
would you ever translate last sun or Crossbone ghost?
>>
>>14033184

Seconding Crossbone Ghost. Deacon is pretty much dead with it these days and the manga itself is nearly done.

Either way, thank you for all this!
>>
>>14033320
>>14033184
Last Sun just started right? I don't know much about it but I'd rather leave that alone for now, since there's not much content to keep my occupied. Besides, I'm not too hot on the designs and I'd prefer not messing around with shipping in Gundam Ace.

Crossbone Ghost is a definite maybe in the future. The reason I say maybe is that there might be some "unique" circumstances in the near future and I want to try and get as much of Johnny Ridden as possible for the time being.
>>
>>14033432
Last sun has 3 volumes out. iirc you can buy all of them off ebay or something.
>>
>>14033455
Oh I see. Well, I'll see where my workload takes me in the future, since there are other more requested series.
>>
>>14033465
cool, thanks for even giving my request a look.
>>
My girlfriend thanks you for translating Hooligans
>>
File: tumblr_nsw83ctGjl1qfcwino1_500.jpg (159 KB, 496x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsw83ctGjl1qfcwino1_500.jpg
159 KB, 496x750
Probably a different manga altogether but I'm endlessly curious about these Titans remnants. Can I find raws of this anywhere? Why does the Gabthley look so cool with cloth draped around its neck?
>>
File: missinglink.jpg (335 KB, 1090x1536) Image search: [Google]
missinglink.jpg
335 KB, 1090x1536
Would you ever consider doing the Missing Link manga?
The Pale Rider is just too sexy of a design. I have the three current volumes they released and I wouldn't mind donating them to you if you ever decide to take a shot at it, I wouldn't mind as long as I can finally understand what's going on with the Pale Rider.
>>
How about tomes 3 & 4 of 0081 Wrath of Varuna? The first two tomes are translated and raws of 3-4 can easily be found in the net.
>>
>>14033482
>>14033715
No problem.

>>14034757
>>14034826
>>14033184

The desire for these series is now noted. I can do a vote in the future after Johnny Ridden. But like said earlier in the thread, some "circumstances" might change in the near future that might affect my cycle of work. So we'll see what happens.

Also, for Wrath of Varuna, I did not know the first two volumes were translated. Are they licensed or scanlated? and where can I finding them for archiving and reposting purposes in the future?
Also, I already have raws for 3 and 4.
>>
File: 1458137234558.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458137234558.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1080
Nozaku, does the johnny ridden looks next to finishing? I dont like to read ongoing manga and already read all your translation works.

Thanks again mate.

Also some recomendations that looks cool as fuck:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=79256
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=97116
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=25512
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=48276
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=35999
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=24279
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=104807
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=16796
>>
>>14034182

It's from the Unicorn spin-off UC 0094 Across the Sky manga. They are not Titans remanents, but the main antagonist faction in the story.
>>
>>14032959
This is the one where he beats up the Full Armor Gundam or whatever, right?
>>
>>14036327
>They are not Titans remanents, but the main antagonist faction in the story.
So what are they exactly then?
>>
>>14036327
Did the rest of that manga get translated? I remember Deacon picking it up and scanlating the first volume, I think, but never saw anything else for the rest of it.
>>
>>14036281
I know what you mean. I don't like it either and try to avoid scanlating stuff that is still ongoing. Johnny Ridden was an exception since it had a lot of volumes to catch up on.

Well, volume 11 ended with Johnny Ridden returning to his old self (I think), Sangre Azul launches with Rimia on board to give it new coordinates to I forgot where, and Gopp and Oksner end their wager with a draw.
Judging by the rate the story is going and assuming the Minaret is the endgame of it all, my best guess is the series might end around 16 or 17. I could be wildly off so don't quote me.

Nice, most of those I have hard copies of.
The UC one is still relatively fresh, I'm a bit reluctant for that one.
Far East Japan I really enjoyed reading, would gladly scanlate.
Ixtab, currently reading it. Interesting art style and is an interesting new angle on the OYW. A Salamis crash lands in Island Iffish while Operation British is underway. The blueish ink it was printed in is rather annoying though.
Katana, haven't read but would gladly scanlate Hooligans' descendant gladly in the future.
Igloo 2 Gravity Front, I skimmed through and it's just an identical manga version of the 3 OVA episodes. Besides the cool line art at the end, no real point in scanlating it.
Igloo 603, this I would gladly do. With the exception of a few chapters, has test weapons not in the OVA, like the pseudo GM and underwater cannon.
Nameless Battle (Kondoh), have the 1st volume but know nothing about it.
8th MS team 0079+a, isn't this just a manga version of the OVA?

>>14036424
Correct.
>>
>>14036761
thanks for the answers, would be glad for any of this anyway.

keep going with the hard work.

Federation Hooligans is my favourite gundam of all time, thanks to you.
>>
>>14036485

I only read up to where scans are easily found. The entire story is about the NITRO system and the Delta Kai. Apparently there is more than one faction , including Frontal's Zeon, trying to get their hands on it. Those hambrabi and Gabthely probably belongs to one of those factions.
>>
The volume is now up on Batoto.
>>
>>14036281
>>14036761
>>14032946
So are these the the only untranslated UC manga worth reading? There's so many idk where to begin. Is ZZ: Mirage of Zeon worth a look?
>>
>>14032946
NOZAKU! WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME?!

>>14032959
..I dunno. I kind of like it. And it actually makes more sense than the similar monstrosities that are the Thunderbolt MS (including the Psycho Zaku and its assloads of senseless weaponry and spindly tentacle aid-arms).

>>14032995
His art sucks...but his plotlines are actually pretty good. He gets a lot done in a mostly sensible manner, has good characterization where he has the space for it, and in all honesty is a very, very consistent artist with a good grasp of space and placement (it really shows in his extended action scenes).

The problem to begin with is that, yeah, even if he's consistent his art style is quite literally stuck in the 70's. He's very nearly a Doraemon or Cyborg009 assistant sometimes.
>>
>>14032946
Man, this volume was fucking intense. Normally Gundam UC spinoffs are tripe that hamfists characters into thin game plots, but MSV-R stands well alone in terms of art quality, characters, and the more or less anything that makes a mecha series good (WITHOUT getting bogged down in angst).
>>
>>14041353
You should also read Plan to Assassinate Gihren Zabi, from the same author/artist team (Ark Performance).
>>
>>14040323
There are some other decent ones. 光芒のア・バオア・クー is an interesting sideline view of the Battle of Abaoa Qu. ゼロの旧ザク is about a pacifistic Zaku I pilot. And MS Boys, which I think was pre-Odessa with a Zaku Tank.

>>14041274
Just your friendly neighborhood Japanophile passing by.

Yeah, I kinda like all the weaponry too, but the heat hawk head is a bit out there for me.
>>
>>14041404
>the heat hawk head is a bit out there for me.
It's really only as silly as Nagano giving his Mortarheadds gimmick weapon horns in Five Star Stories.

Which is to say, EXTREMELY SILLY, but ultimately not excessively challenging our disbelief (which the Thunderbolt re-designs constantly do to me).
>>
>>14041404
vol 12 raw available
>>
>>14041404
>the heat hawk head is a bit out there for me.
Let's put that in context. Think about the ZZ's Hi-Mega Cannon.
The head is the worst place to put any weapon save vulcans, but lo and behold the engineers in UC are idiots when it comes to practicality.
>>
>>14041450
>>14041459
I guess it's not that bad in context.

>>14041454
Thanks for the headsup.
>>
>>14032946
Casualfag here, I always had the impression on /a/ that PNG was higher quality and actually bigger in file size, and something about JPG having information about people's computers or something. Is that not the case? What difference is there?
>>
>>14041602
Not quite sure. When I scan my own stuff, I'm able to drastically reduce file size by converting to PNG. But this volume was originally digital and the file sizes were already small enough.
As for JPGs having info on people's computers, I have no idea.
>>
I wouldn't mind a high-quality adaption of Ridden. The manga already does a great job with battles but the more the better.
>>
>>14041602
Rule of thumb is that PNG is for archival and giant ass hi-res files of good quality to begin with. You use PNG when you want a file format that doesn't have any loss when transferring or downloading it over and over and in general want to keep as high as quality as possible.

JPG is a jack of all trades file type, but has a failing in that the more you repeatedly download that file, the more loss quality you get over time (hence the term "jpg artifacts," which are the errors and loss of quality reaching naked visual qualification).
You use jpg when you just want to save something, have no general desire to continue re-uploading it for people to continue uploading/downloading, and don't give three shits about quality loss because it either won't be happening or you don't give a shit about overall quality.

Take a look at "old" screencaps of 4chan that have been posted and downloaded dozens if not hundreds of times; you can really see the quality degrading.
>>
Nozaku, would you happen to know where I can get good raws for Char's Deleted Affair volume 12?

I've been looking for a good quality picture of the delicious Illia Pazom in that volume.
>>
File: z-light.jpg (1 MB, 2258x1600) Image search: [Google]
z-light.jpg
1 MB, 2258x1600
What's the Z-light he's referring to? I don't remember that from Zeta.
>>
>>14041671
I can't remember where I got the raws that I currently have. They're not exactly the best quality either way.

>>14041807
To be honest, I don't know either. He called it "Zの光”. Now that I think about it, he's probably referring to Camille's Zeta Gundam, and I mistranslated that bit.
Did Camille's Zeta Gundam give off light during any of the fights?
>>
>>14041842
When he busted out the five hundred mile rage saber and when he Waverider crashed Sirocco
>>
>>14041880
I remembered the beam saber, but totally forgot about the light. In any case it doesn't seem to be in the picture in the manga. It just looks like two opposing thrusters.
>>
>>14041842

It glowed purple a lot towards the end.
>>
>>14032946
Wow just finished and volume 9 takes the cake so far, great job as usual Nozaku!

>>14041353
I found it very amusing that the guy with the most kills this volume, and possibly the entire series so far, is Lil Uma. Everyone from Johnny, to Ingrid, tends to disarm their opponents and at most wreck their ass but leave the pilot intact.

Hell, it was kinda hypocritical of Yazan to even call Ingrid out on that, considering he didn't score a single kill this volume. Whether that's because he knows everyone's basically on the same side and just bickering, or some other reason, I don't think he's actually killed much in this manga if we count panel by panel.

>>14041450
But Thunderbolt is literally moar dakka the manga.

>>14041631
It would need some kind of Thunderbolt/Unicorn golden combo to do it justice. Honestly the Ark Performance Gundam series has a special charm to it, probably because it makes everyone look 10 times more competent than they normally would than in other series. When's the last time Federation brass was as capable as Gopp or Oxner, or Zeon's brass matching Cecilia and Henri? I can't say I've read or watched all Gundam series, but the ones I've seen usually depict the people in charge as idiots while the 'new wave' from the MC and the Char clone's team makes them look like buffoons. Well maybe Treize, but I'm not sure that wasn't just a case of him looking really fabulous while jobbing.

>>14041633
Does that matter for when I transfer my archive files from hard disk to hard disk, like say old externals to new ones? If so is there an easy way to convert entire .zip .rar .cbz etc etc to go from jpg to png?

>>14041807
He probably refers to when Kamille went ape on him with NT, which was how the Zeta Gundam defeated Yazan's Hambrabi. What other Z-Light could the guy have possibly seen that we know of? Did he take a Kodak moment of Big-O getting ghosted by women while he was in his escape unit?
>>
>>14041633
Anon, you sounds like someone who fall into that "FLAC and its rotational velodencity". This is a digital not analog file, lossless jpg is as good as the lossless png from the same source, and their quality won't change over any transfer unless they are being edited/compressed by the host site. Also those poor old screencaps are already poor in quality to begin with
>>
>>14042056
My favorite volume(s) so far is volume 10/11. If you recall, Themis sent out Ram Z'goks out on patrol and the Zeon Remnants are out with their submarine fleet. They finally start duking it out in volume 10 and into 11. There's something about the underwater fight that I enjoyed immensely.
>>
>>14035401
1-2 of Wrath of Varuna (aka Gundam Senki 0081) was scanlated by Justpassingby/S-Rank Anon,
>>
>>14043451
I took it from this site: mechamediaarchive blogspot ru (add the dots)
>>
File: 1438832189188.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1438832189188.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>14043451
You are a /m/anly bro. Adding to my archive now. This has just received a bump up on my docket. The first two volumes being complete makes it easier to treat as an in-between-series release.
>>
>>14035401
>>14043653
Any chances for Ensign Blaster Mari as well? It'd be amusing to see how an "official" Zeon propaganda comic is like.

>>14033465
Meanwhile, this happens in Last Sun: >>14043571.
>>
>>14043949
I could certainly add it to the pool of choices for votes later. Only problem is that I don't have scans.
And that's interesting, I've never heard of it being propoganda (even loosely).

Hmm, what is Last Sun even about and how does it fit into the timeline, if at all?
>>
>>14044296
It's a sequel to Across the Sky.
>>
>>14044296
>Last Sun even about
so Unicorn side story, Phenex shows up.

http://www.carddass.com/gundam-dc/uc0096/
>>
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Gundam

tried to put all gundam manga in one tag, there must be more to put there.
>>
>>14044466
Also found some Getter vs Mazinger from Hasegawa, DO WANT!!!

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=38118
>>
>>14044473
Would Nozaku even want to do non-Gundam Hasegawa titles, though? I mean sure, the only person that did is Oppai-Missile (for Dancougar Nova, at that), but still.
>>
>>14043389
Underwater battles are always fun, looking forward to it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>14043949
Elle showing up in something after ZZ? Holy shit!
Is Roux in there too?
>>
Will someone explain to me the scene with Jill and Scott? I didn't catch on completely, but it's something like Hoover had known Scott was part of Chimera all along right?
>>
>>14032946

Is the finger pad console exclusive to psycommu tech? How come only Johnny and Ingrid have it?
>>
>>14032946
Who is Captain Hughes again? And what was the reference to Rimia's dad being a hacker? Or Aishwayabadabadoo? Everything's going over my head.
>>
>>14044518
No, I stick to Gundam only.

>>14044874
I think that'd be a safe assumption, since Jill knows Led's real history too. That, or Scott doesn't want Emme and Cristobal to be found out by Jill coming along.

>>14044939
Captain Hughes is supposedly a/the leader of Chimaera.
Rimia's dad is ace pilot Roy Greenwood, who was part of the Caracal Unit in Africa. There are no details about his hacking skills but considering he's in the army, it's not far-fetched.
Aishwarya doesn't have any apparent history in the universe. She appears to just be a hacker and programmer for the FSS.

>>14044887
If I recall correctly, didn't Sazabi and Hi-nu have the same thing?
>>
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v8-086.png (504 KB, 1146x1668) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v8-086.png
504 KB, 1146x1668
>>14042056
Oh I forgot I wanted to say that the reason Yazan is not scoring kills is spread the enemy thin. If he kills them, nobody is gonna bother with the wreckage. If he leaves the pilot alive, the enemy is gonna spend valuable manpower to rescue the pilot, spreading their numbers thin.
>>
>>14044887
>>14045630
The finger pad thing is called "arm raker controls".

http://web.archive.org/web/20110629141829/http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc/background/glossary_technology.html#armraker

Yeah, arm raker controls are supposed to be the new standard by CCA, the new Jegan suits have them. Some suits apparently go with a Zeta style control stick (with individual controls under each finger) keeping the same functionality as an arm raker because hands slipping off the spherical controller was an issue? I know Neo Zeon style suits have those kinds of controls.

In any case, the Full Armor Gundam and custom Gelgoog B type have those arm raker controls because they've been updated with the absolute latest technology. The FAG has a biosensor but the Gelgoog doesn't, so psycommu tech has nothing to do with the arm raker controls.
>>
>>14045766
That makes sense but then why'd he call Ingrid ominous for doing the same thing? Is he scared the psycommu will go haywire and break her from stress?

>>14045811
Yeah the reason I asked was because I recall Johnny being a normalfag and not a newtype of well any type. So it's rather impressive how he went toe to toe with two named pilots even if it was just a scuffle and no one was really trying to kill anyone.

This all makes me wanna see Chimaera during the OYW and just who could possibly stop them from the Feds.
>>
>>14046212
Perhaps he was surprised she was skilled enough to avoid killing the pilot, considering he was hired as her bodyguard?
>>
>>14041842
A few times, and I believe he gave off the light when Yazan tried shooting him but all of his bullet's got deflected, which would make the most sense if that's what he's explicitly referring to.
>>
>>14045630
>No, I stick to Gundam only.
Thought so. Guess this means >>14044473 will have to pray to Happy Scans. In the meantime, will look forward to MSV Chronicles.
>>
>>14046573
But the strange thing is according to the manga panels, you can't see any real difference between FAG and Johnny's Gelgoog. They both have the same special effect drawings around them, especially the rings coming out of their engines.

Does this mean Johnny was a new type all along but no one knew about it? Is that why the cyber new type kids love him so much? Or am I identifying the wrong thing as the zeta light?
>>
>>14052290

I think the white dots are the light, not the thurster rings.
>>
>>14052551
Welp time to re read.
>>
>>14052290
It's hard to NOT know you're a Newtype, particularly when crazy shit goes down that's emotionally taxing. He'd have manifested some ability of some sort.

I think his real ability is simply that he's one of the finest Oldtype pilots possible, as well as that he has a freakishly magnetic personal charisma, akin to Char and reportedly Shin Matsunaga.

I'm thinking that the cyber Newtype pair of Ingrid and Uma simply did well because, 1, Zeon does every black-ops-sekrit-squirrel-technology best in UC decades before the Federation can do it and better, and 2, I think he simply became just an emotional pillar for kids like Uma and Ingrid to trust and rely on to the point that most of their "damage" as cyber newtypes was largely mitigated.

Though more volumes of MSV-R translated in the future will probably shit all over that in one way or another.
>>
>>14054660
It just makes me think Kycillia may have put the cart before the horse. Defending your secret weapon is fine and dandy, but god damn Chimaera is so strong I doubt Amuro would have lasted 10 minutes if the whole battalion actually got thrown at him and the White Base.
>>
>>14054697
>I doubt Amuro would have lasted 10 minutes if the whole battalion actually got thrown at him and the White Base.
Practical or sensible decisions are not possible by leadership in the Universal Century, ESPECIALLY during the OYW.
Also: Char would have thrown a hissy-fit or something somewhere to derail it anyways because he is a Char.
>>
>>14032995
It's almost like he's a competent writer or something. But really, they probably like him because he's a one-man show who can make a story and breathe life into it himself, even if it doesn't look completely amazing. I still like his art. though.
>>
>>14054660
Kycilia's greatest strength is her ability to analyze and prognosticate. Her greatest failing is that she always plays her cards too close to the vest for fear of loss.
She used her power to assemble the greatest force of the OYW for an eventual coup she waited too long to instigate. As well, had she told M'Quve directly to not be a dick to Ramba Ral, he'd have taken over and destroyed the White Base (according to Gihren's Greed).
All of her planning and resource gathering all more or less end up for naught because she waits far too long to make any of it particularly useful to the point that we get MSV-R where the entirety of what she left behind is left doing its best to defend itself for an unclear future.
>>
>>14054805
>>14054776
>>14054760
>>14054697
Another reason Kycillia formed the the Chimeara Corps was to keep Char and his Newtype corps in check and kill them if they rebel. This was from a previous volume.
>>
>>14032946
Is Return of Johnny Ridden the first Johnny Ridden manga or do I have to read something else to know what he's returning to?
>>
>>14057369
No, this is pretty much a stand-alone manga. The gist is that Johnny Ridden was an ace pilot and went MIA during the battle of Abaoa Qu. The "returning" refers to simply him reappearing in the world, supposedly returning from amnesia.

Then again, this was Ark Performance's take on Johnny Ridden. Hasegawa's Johnny Ridden disappears on purpose only to be forced back into fighting by circumstances.
>>
>>14057882
Johnny sure has a habit of disappearing. In the Dynasty Warriors Gundam series, there isn't any further mention of him when you destroy his suit. More like "Crimson Ghost" than Crimson Lightning.
>>
File: 1459061902815.png (1000 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1459061902815.png
1000 KB, 960x720
>>14058402
Char secretly murders him for stealing his motif
>>
>>14058402
>More like "Crimson Ghost" than Crimson Lightning.
Mo' like "Crimson Extra." Red Comet gets all the publicity, so nobody cares about losing that "other red guy."

Poor Johnny.

Also, have we ever discussed how MSV-R would make Johnnys relationship with Kycilia sort of creepy? I mean, it's described possibly as "courtly love," but there's very few ways to consider Kycilia a traditional princess in need of a knight at all (particularly after Origin made her into a bull-dyke-lesbian-cum-shota-rapist).

As well, MSV-R says Johnny had a previous lover even while he had his thing going on with Kycilia (hence his personal mark of a unicorn in her honor)? Is that just being retconned, or what?
>>
>>14032946
Thank you, based Nozaku
>>
>>14046212
I would imagine that Yazan is pretty freaked out about newtypes after his experiences in Zeta and ZZ
>>
>>14058926
>Also, have we ever discussed how MSV-R would make Johnnys relationship with Kycilia sort of creepy? I mean, it's described possibly as "courtly love," but there's very few ways to consider Kycilia a traditional princess in need of a knight at all

Are you talking about that guy in Gihren's Assassination Plot? I don't think that guy was Johnny, though he seemed pretty fucking based to have trained that kid who took out the handicapped Gouf.

>>14060942
That's three times now that some new type brat has sperged out in front of him.
>>
>>14058477

I don't think Char is competent enough to kill Johnny. Not in a mobile suit anyway, he's got a better chance just going rambo with a jet pack.
>>
>>14060975
This makes me really want to see Johnny versus Amuro, since Chimaera was an anti-newtype unit.
>>
File: r13.jpg (104 KB, 605x900) Image search: [Google]
r13.jpg
104 KB, 605x900
>>14060973
there's an old johnny ridden manga where it talks a bit about his origin, apparently he met kycilia before becoming a pilot and their relationship is portrayed like a honorable princess and her loyal knight in a pure friendship with underlying feelings that are never acted upon
>>
>>14061096
they didn't have any specific anti-newtype abilities, weapons, or gimmicks up their sleeve, it's just a unit formed of the best skilled oldtypes

rather than being specifically a "newtype hunter" unit, they were more like kycilia's elites who got preferential treatment and priority for the best gear and supplies, and were the absolute cream of the crop in terms of pilot skill and whatnot
>>
File: uma+lightning+zaku+ii+(1)[1].jpg (45 KB, 418x560) Image search: [Google]
uma+lightning+zaku+ii+(1)[1].jpg
45 KB, 418x560
>>14061165
They did have early proto-cyber-newtypes like Uma Lightning and that loli.

Though they were more specialised in prototype MS/weapons development.
>>
>>14061173
Neither of which were specifically trained to be hard counters to other newtypes or the Feddy "newtype corps".

Just saying.
>>
>>14061161
Is there anywhere I can read the rest of this manga? It seems like Kycillia had the greatest harem in UC.
>>
>>14034757
>regular Pale Rider
>Design is more evocative of a late OYW GM and the Ez8

>MP Pale Rider
>It's literally a Gundam

Wait, what? This is all kinds of ass-backwards.
>>
Nozaku, do you think you could ever put 00P on your to-do list?

Though, I've been getting conflicting sources that cite it as a Graphic Novel, or a Light Novel, and I dunno if you do LNs.
>>
Could Yazan beat up a Tiger in a fight?
>>
>>14061532
The Cavalry was an MP unit? I always thought it was just a customized Pale Rider or something.
>>
File: 000.jpg (688 KB, 1813x1200) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
688 KB, 1813x1200
>>14061161
>>14061506
Hmm, that is indeed Soldiers of the Sky, which I wasn't aware had a translation. This is good news though. I wanted to do it in the past, but it wasn't a priority. I would very much like to find this translation too for archiving purposes.
>>14061506
I do have the raws, if you read moonrune.

>>14061537
I don't know about the original run in it's original magazine, but my comp. volumes are in LN format with images here and there. Funny you mention 00P now, I'm about to address it in a new thread shortly.
>>
>>14062300
Is that supposed to be Thomas Kurtz on the very left? He looks like a decent guy there but on the gundam wikia he looks like a grade A scummy douchebag
>>
>>14062300
I will say it's a good thing almost no one is doing Gundam manga/LNs and whatnot, since you're not running out of them any time soon. It's almost like you're the /m/ equivalent of Hokuto no Gun, in that sense.
>>
They waited too long to bring out that Pegasus-class for the FSS I think
>>
so was he job john
>>
>>14032946

Is this Amazing Warrior Red's big sister or something?
>>
>>14065431
just nitpicking, but it's the argama
>>
>>14032946
I don't know jack shit about this but Isn't the heavy gundam kinda dated compared to stuff like the gaplant, assuming this takes place around the zeta gundam era?
>>
File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v7-125.png (350 KB, 1044x1519) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v7-125.png
350 KB, 1044x1519
>>14068523
the manga takes place in UC 0090, the heavy gundam is basically a shell and it has been updated with the very latest tech
>>
>>14068531
thats pretty cool.

I think I will start reading this cause of the heavy gundam.
>>
File: 017.jpg (437 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
017.jpg
437 KB, 857x1200
>>14068574
it doesn't show up until the 7th volume, but if you like it, you'll probably like the earlier stuff like the mecha design tidbit facts and other old suits that have been rebuilt with new tech
>>
>>14062300

>those power ranger suits
>>
Absolutely based
>>
Poor Johnny, he has no idea what's going on but everyone keeps yelling at him and trying to kill him.
>>
>>14072434
>trying to kill him

Not even close, Ingrid is just having playing with him.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.