[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When the fuck are they gonna dub G-Reco so the plebs stop having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: great character.jpg (61 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
great character.jpg
61 KB, 640x360
When the fuck are they gonna dub G-Reco so the plebs stop having trouble understanding it?
>>
File: tumblr_m1zumdxGrt1qlpxbko1_400.gif (1018 KB, 330x249) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1zumdxGrt1qlpxbko1_400.gif
1018 KB, 330x249
maybe they'll treat it like ghost stories and just give it an original story line.

then it might make sense
>>
When will Tomino release a novel version of the story? Because I'd like to see Greco that doesn't feel like it was written with 50 episodes in mind but got compressed.
>>
>>14030951
Who is that semen demon?
>>
>>14031907
pantyhose queen
>>
>still trying to push this narrative
Even Japan agrees that the show was a chaotic mess with terrible writing. It's not the subs fault.
>>
>>14030854
Sunrise already confirmed that's not happening and G-Reco's US BD release will be sub-only. Just be glad you and the other 5 Reco fans will have a home video release to cherish and put on your shelf.

In other news, Sunrise is the middle of dubbing IBO (first TV Gundam dub since 00) with Bang Zoom, with some of the cast announced already.
>>
>>14032030

Fujoshi bait is always popular.
>>
>>14032030
Gundam Age had a dub.
>>
>>14032073
A south east asian dub, not western
>>
>>14032083
those dubs were horrible
>>
>>14030854
It wasn't the subs translation that made people have trouble following it, it was it's chaotic pacing issues that made it a pain in the ass, along with people trying to act smarter than they were in interpreting it.

The storyline isn't complicated. It's just very poorly delivered.
>>
>>14030951
Or maybe you can get smart and not be a retard.
>>
>>14032113
Found the retard
>>
>>14032152
>DUR HUR, I CAN'T COME UP WITH A DECENT ARGUMENT, SO I'M JUST GONNA INSULT HIM!

Brilliant retort, sir. I am clearly bested by your superior intellect...
>>
>>14032136
>>14032152
why do you do this? are you snapshit-kun?
>>
>>14030854
>Implying a dub wouldn't get the Treehouse treatment
>>
>>14032113
>poorly delivered.
Wow, what a meme. The show is in the vein of F91, an assault of information and stimulus fired at the audience in a constant stream. Its almost literary, every word spoken and action taken are meant to convey something about the world or the tone of the story.
Its weird and unconventional, but nothing about it is unskilled.
>>
Why were there so many couples with like a decade of age difference in Greeko?
>>
>>14032233
>I could of also of attended my high school class reunion
>It's really sticky when you put it on your hands
>>
>>14032266
Welcome to the age of the onee-san.
>>
>>14032309

Rockpie was one lucky Cake Eater.
>>
File: GS.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
GS.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
>>14030951
>a Ghost Stories tier dub where the cast doesn't give a shit about Tomino's hackneyed story and make up crude jokes instead

Man, I would watch that in an instant.
>>
>>14032335
But it wasn't that funny.
>>
>>14032345
Humor is subjective
>>
>>14032113
Stick to A/Z, faggot.
>>
>>14031956
Yet people still like it more than the oh so amazing IBO.

Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>14032260

If it was skilled, people wouldn't have had trouble understanding it. The goal of a story is to clearly convey a narrative. That narrative can contain ambiguity, but the conveyance still has to be clear.

G Reco failed in the conveyance step, muddling any message or quality it may have had by haphazard implementation. Weird and unconventional are only merits if the resulting work succeeds, in this case they were symptoms of the problem.
>>
>>14032558
The whole message of G-Reco is to see things with your own eyes (it's even one of the show's taglines), rather than following the narrative provided by someone else. It presents it's information to the audience and trusts them to be able to figure it out themselves, coming to their own conclusions on who is right or wrong on each of it's issues.
>>
>>14032567

So what you are saying is that it is immune to all criticism because they let us know up front that they were just pretending to be retarded?

Pretentious bad writing is still bad writing.
>>
>"the show is stupid because i couldn't understand it."
>"but i understood it"
>"then you're stupid for understanding it"
>>
>>14032030
>first TV Gundam dub since 00
Unicorn has a dub too, you know.
>>
>>14032643
Not a TV show, certainly not at the time of its dubbing anyway.

The intent to dub IBO seems more proof of expectations for it than of its current level of success, dubs take longer to set up.
>>
>>14032588
No he's saying that you're fucking stupid and that has nothing to do with the quality of the show
>>
>>14031907
That's a dude.
>>
The apologism for this series on this board is mesmerizing.
>>
>>14032030
Six, you forgot me.
>>
File: 1457373853720.png (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457373853720.png
50 KB, 250x250
>>14032654
> IBO seems more proof of expectations
>>
>>14032346
That retarded way of thinking made me flunk out of clown college.
>>
>>14032091
AGE's dub wasn't too bad,it was like pokemon tier though
>>
>>14030854
What is it so hard to understand that Cumpa wanted to force humanity into becoming newtypes by manipulating everyone ?
>>
>>14032558
> The goal of a story is to clearly convey a narrative.

You've never actually been to English class, haven't you?

>Weird and unconventional are only merits if the resulting work succeeds, in this case they were symptoms of the problem.

And yet G-Reco outsold the likes of Cross Ange and Aldnoah Zero, not to mention retained it's viewers better than IBO. So by your logic it's storytelling is a merit bub.
>>
>>14033429
because most of em have an attention span of a 10 year old retard
>>
>>14032222
Quads disconfirm.
>>
>>14032893
>people like a show you don't like
>they understand things you don't
>you feel left out
>APOLOGISM
>>
>>14040730

You're using your time wisely.
>>
>>14032358
That's not true, but nice try.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.