[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the Zudah was superior to the Zaku and the only problem was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: zudah blue cliff.jpg (118 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
zudah blue cliff.jpg
118 KB, 900x675
If the Zudah was superior to the Zaku and the only problem was that it would blow up when the pilot pushed the suit beyond its limits, why didn't they just add a limiter of sorts?
>>
>>14030425
Because it wasn't. It's Zimmad propaganda.
>>
>>14030429
On the few specs it does have it seems to be better than both the Zaku I and Zaku II though
>>
File: comparison.png (342 KB, 898x836) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
342 KB, 898x836
>>14030448
Forgot picture
>>
I'd imagine that the Zudah would have been harder to maintain with its stronger reactor, larger array of thrusters and a more finicky frame.
>>
>>14030450
And a Saberfish can probably beat both in forward acceleration and velocity. But MS are made for maneuverability. Why pick the explodey fast one when you have a slower, safer, better AMBAC'r, etc.?
>>
>>14030517
Prove to me that the Zudah was less maneuverable than the Zaku I.
The Zudah was a superior machine and the only reason it wasn't chosen was because of scummy favoritism of the Zeon government.
>>
>>14030425
because it wasn't given the chance to be mass produced. they wanted something tougher, not more maneuverable.

also, Zeonic are jerks.
>>
>>14030425
Because the Zaku was made by a state owned company.
>>
>>14030903
I just realized they could have won the war.
>Zudah IIs invade side 7
>Amuro stumbles into them, one is destroyed when pushed over and the other is obliterated with vulcans
>two nuclear explosions ruin the colony and destroy the Gundam
>Zeon wins the war
>>
The zaku can look straight forward
>>
>>14030929
Not the Zaku I.
>>
>>14030425
>why didn't they just add a limiter of sorts?
The main reason is probably that "mobile suit technology doesn't make a lick of fucking sense."

I mean, a Zaku runs on a fucking household's electricity bill. Each mobile suit is far lighter and less dense than its weight should actually be.

The legs of mobile suits become increasingly unable to hold up the bulk of its own body as the UC goes forwards. With stupid thin waists and thin feet.

Machine guns fire tank rounds through magic open-bolt configurations even though they're fucking artillery shells with massive pressures (it COULD work, but the effort to make it do so would be egregiously difficult on anything not stably mounted artillery).

There's a ton of internal consistency (or lack of it) regarding how mobile suits work. I'd just shrug it off and accept that the Zudah has a thruster that can't be conventionally limited (until later in the timeline, for AU stuff like Gihren's Greed).
>>
I only wish for re100 or MG zudah its my fave mono eye suit
>>
>>14030999
I heard the HGUC was shit. I'll be getting one in a couple weeks (via SAL because I'm lazy to pay double for shipping and I don't need it THAT fast) and see if it was hype.

At least if it sucks (the extend-o arm design sounds like an ass to build) I can repurpose the head and anti-ship gun.
>>
>>14031004
I have the hguc, its pretty good for 2006 kits it has the best mono eye enginering among the hguc suit and sexy big gun.
>>
>>14031004
Nigga what the heck, the HG Zudah is great
The head articulation is a bit stiff but everything else is amazing
It even has the extendable arms ffs
>>
>>14030799
Calm down Major
>>
>>14030929
>>14030940
>Zudah gets mass produced
>they remove the bar from the center of its monoeye track and slap tubes all over it
>>
>>14030425
It was a prototype, and "pilot safety" was not a consideration in winning the contract. The Zudah is almost a spot on analogue for the early days of jet flight, specifically the Messerschmitt 262, which was basically a huge rocket strapped to a plane.
>>
>>14030425
Because then it would be a Zaku. Everything I've seen of this unit makes it look like the thing overheats and explodes, or that the whole propulsion unit needs to be redesigned. The fact that they never fixed anything from what I've heard says that the designers are refusing to believe that there is a problem with it in the first place and if the limit is basically overheating: then it's just a matter of when, and that could severely limit operation time and long term combat effectiveness. That unit is literally a time bomb.Their ego to not even fix the main problem with it should speak volumes about the designers.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.