[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Char. My man. Your half blinded, crippled mobile suit only has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: duelbetweenmen.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
duelbetweenmen.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Char. My man.

Your half blinded, crippled mobile suit only has a hand left and you're already doing nothing but run away.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 636x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 636x764
You fail to understand OP, just as I did when I first watched CCA.

Char doesn't seem to have a chance. His mech is damaged horrifically, his plans are likely to fail (by this point Amuro made it both in and out of Axis, so he knew something was up), and he's lost some of his most valuable tools on the battlefield.

At this stage, Char has his pride and his concept of honor left. Nothing more. He has lived and fought for nearly two decades, a feeling of inadequacy brewing and questions constantly grinding on him of his own skill. Amuro has beaten him, but the circumstances and the conditions at play each time make him think that perhaps, in this moment, this critical, history altering moment, things can be different.

He wants to win. His ego refuses to allow him to even think otherwise. He HAS to win, for Lalah, who would've been the unconditionally supportive loving figure he saw a mother as being (as the Origin shows us, Char's mom was only a mother to Artesia, not him), for his ideals, and for the sake of himself.

Nanai he sees as ruining this climax of his life, his final battle, his duel to the death, for better or worse, by giving Amuro an excuse for victory. "If Nanai hadn't shelled the Nu Gundam and damaged it, you wouldn't have won" is the thought he just KNOWS will permanently take residence in his head, evicting "If White Base hadn't supported him and the Gundam wasn't so much more advanced than my mechs were, I would have won," the thought that terrifies him now. This memory is one he assumes lurks in Amuro's mind, too. After all, Char knows better than anyone the mental gymnastics done when you lose to a superior machine (he did it over and over again).

Pride and a desire to achieve his ultimate victory as unaided as possible. That is what you see here, OP. That's what makes this beautiful.
>>
>>14029997
>somebody actually felt the need to write all this
>>
>>14030079
>putting passion into mecha is a bad thing
Stop being such a HOMO anon
>>
>>14030079
>somebody actually felt the need to insult this
>>
>>14030107
>>14030119
>somebody actually felt the need to defend that
>>
>>14030121
>someone felt
>>
>>14029997
>TFW i read that whole thing
Good shit though
>>
File: camehere.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
camehere.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>14030133
>having feelings
HAHA, GAAAAAAAAY
GET A LOAD OF THIS GAY BOY AND LAUGH AT HIM EVERYONE
>>
>>14029997
"So it really is Mobile Suit Gundamā„¢ Char's Counterattackā„¢"
>>
File: Can you feel.jpg (109 KB, 386x455) Image search: [Google]
Can you feel.jpg
109 KB, 386x455
>>14030133
>felt
>>
>>14029844
By the way, why CCA girls are so bland? Quess acts like she's nothing but a spoiled brat (pretty accurate portrayal of one, actually), Nanai, Kayra and Chan are just talking furniture, Rezin is just a bitchy woman with only purpose to make Quess and Gyunei feel bad and to die.
>>
>>14030152
The sponsors screwed Tomino over. He wanted to retain previous love interests (like Beltrochika for Amuro) but they rejected the ideas he put forth for CCA, making the story less cohesive than he originally envisioned because he had to replace existing cast members with new people.
>>
>>14030152
>that feel when you hire Yoshiko Sakakibara but killed off Haman anyway
>>
>>14031045
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>14031039
How do you think, will Sunrise try to milk the same cow twice?
>>
>>14031234
That depends. In your question, what are you considering the cow being milked?
>>
>>14031039
You know that is a lie?
>>
>>14031520
By the cow I mean the Tomino's works related to the CCA movie - the novels.
And by milking I mean making a remake of CCA.
>>
>>14031878
>remake of CCA.
>follows the novel except the baby lifting asteroid then exploding.
>>
>>14030152
The moment I saw the new characters I knew they would die. A shame that Hathaway wasn't a new character
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.