[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Time Bokan series /m/? I've been wanting to get into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Time_Bokan_2350.jpg (119 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
Time_Bokan_2350.jpg
119 KB, 344x500
Is the Time Bokan series /m/? I've been wanting to get into it, but don't know where to start or who to get subs from. Otherwise, Time Bokan series thread.
>>
>>14029828
I tried watching the Yatterman live action and couldnt make it to the end since it was so damn awful. So my only advise regarding this is: dont watch that movie.
>>
>>14029828
None of the series is actually subbed, is it?
>>
File: 20090128_508275.jpg (67 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
20090128_508275.jpg
67 KB, 1024x680
>>14029828
I actually watched this series when I was a kid. It's probably enjoyable for a kid age under 10 or so but unless you are really into retro anime it would be just a waste of time.

>>14029857
I actually bought the blu-ray of this live action movie just for ripping the part of the movie where Kyoko Fukada appears. I didn't bother to watch through the whole movie because I knew it's shit.
>>
>>14030833
Some of the original Yatterman series and the 2007 continuation is subbed, I think the remake had a few episodes done by animesol before they collapsed. The only thing fully subbed to my knowledge is the 90s Time Bokan OVA and the Yatterman Night reboot series. Hard to believe how influential Yatterman is when it was only the second entry in that franchise, you think the first would be more remembered.
>>
File: tb.jpg (64 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
tb.jpg
64 KB, 500x386
>>14029828
Time Bokan is like the most /m/ of series. Some of the greatest mecha design in the history of anime.
>>
>>14030833
Strange considering Yattodetaman and Ippatsuman actually have giant robots in them. I would've thought someone from around these parts would've at least given them a shot.
>>
>>14031195

That's quite a lofty and undeserved credit to give it.
>>
>>14029828
Yatterman has robot fights each episode where giant robots use smaller robots to fight each other and the enemies have literal robots of the week.
It's as /m/ as Mazinger is, even more so.
>>
>>14031032
>Yatterman Night reboot series
It's not a reboot. It's a sequel in the far future.
>>
>>14029828
UUUUUUUUUUU WAN WAN WAN
>>
>>14031032
>>14031306
The main obstacle here isn't that the audio is too old, or that the shows are too long, but the sheer amounts of collective wordplay and puns. Only professional translators can dare to take on Time Bokan shows, so they're mostly ignored for a reason.

Hell, not even Nanto or Luurah attempted them yet. Let that sink in for a minute.
>>
File: 123-2325_IMG1.jpg (17 KB, 470x729) Image search: [Google]
123-2325_IMG1.jpg
17 KB, 470x729
>>14031663
I wish Nanto would sub a few episodes of Ninja Kamui
>>
>>14029828
There are two special OVAs that are actuallly fansubbed. One is like Wacky Races but with characters of different Time Bokan related series, the other one is about the Yatterman kids (the ones in front of your pic) getting married and a lot of different characters from Tatsunoko (some from Gatchaman, Polymar and others) facing the bad guys. Quite funny.
>>
>>14031663
Yeah, those series are all about humor. The enemies are always stupid, they manage to screw it up even when they do in fact win. The Rocket Team in Pokemon is in many ways like the bad guys from this series, and clearly also those three thieves from Nadia.
>>
>>14031811
There's gobs of villains inspired by the Skull Trio, Doronbo Gang, and so forth in various media. Even the Brave Series had those, specifically in Goldran (which upped the ante by having a one-shot trio on top of already having the inept Walter).

Them being so hard-working and unlucky makes it easy to root for the villains, to the point that the official Bokan-related games let you play as them.
>>
>>14031032
>you think the first would be more remembered.
Especially considering Yatterman is exactly the same shit as the show directly before and after. There's absolutly nothing to make it stand out, I don't understand how it specifcally and not Time Bokan in general became so successful.
>>
>>14033509
See >>14031510
>>
>>14033509
For what it's worth, the latest version of Dead Or Alive 5 does acknowledge Time Bokan's two heroes and villainess via costumes.
>>
Why is the main heroine in Time Bokan so cute?
>>
>>14034666
Yoshitaka Amano's fine contributions to Tatsunoko, of course.

>>14031875
I forgot to mention something. You know how VAs tend to always voice their characters by tradition? Almost every single villain trio in the franchise was voiced by the same three VAs (plus the female ones' VA did Claudia Lasalle from SDF Macross and Future Boy Conan's main character).
>>
I watched the first episode of Time Bokan and regret it since now I'm craving more ;_;

Reminded me of Dr Slump
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.