[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Kudelia a Relena 2.0 or a Lacus 2.0?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: wwww.png (101 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
wwww.png
101 KB, 300x500
Is Kudelia a Relena 2.0 or a Lacus 2.0?
>>
>>14028513
Neither of those were Jews.
>>
>>14028513
Literally Seylum 0.5
>>
At this point she's fully willing to send Tekkadan to their deaths if it means meeting her goal, which is the deregulation of half-metals and Chryse's independence.

The other two kept themselves at an arms length from that sort of thing and advocated peace while ignoring the show of force and deaths needed to achieve and maintain that peace.
>>
She's amazing.
>>
>>14028513
She can't hold a gun so she's neither Relena nor Asshime. She's definitely closer to Lax Klein.
>>
>>14028513
Closer to Lacus than Relena, but not really a match for either. She's well aware that her actions are going to cause a lot of deaths and she's neither trying to stop it nor crying about it. She's accepted that what she's trying to accomplish cannot be done without sacrifice and she's pushing forward because giving up would mean that the people who have already died were sacrificed for nothing. No way in hell could Relena ever take that angle. Lacus, maybe, but Kudelia is actively starting a revolution whereas Lacus was trying to get people to not support the warmongers in power. There's a little overlap there, but not much.
>>
>>14028651
She does not sing
>>
>>14028654
>but Kudelia is actively starting a revolution

No she isn't. She doesn't even have a plan.
>>
>>14028513
a fusion of both. With the addition of the uselessness of Marina from 00.
>>
File: 53829188_p0.jpg (147 KB, 850x1202) Image search: [Google]
53829188_p0.jpg
147 KB, 850x1202
>>14028529
Maybe if you're retarded.

Asshime never stopped being an inconsiderate and naive piece of shit.

Kudelia turned both of those traits off.

In fact the main reason why Kudelia gets so much shit from /m/ is because she has clear self-doubts and guilt. Something Asshime never displayed. Oh don't get me wrong, she liked to go on about how things were her fault but in no way did that notion actually take root.
Like when Wheels told her flat out that Slaine was fucked up because of her bullshit and she just kept smiling at her patronizingly as if she was humoring a child throwing a tantrum.

Asshime is such a piece of shit, even if you mixed the DNA of Nina Pupleton and Recoa you wouldn't get anything approaching her level of cuntitude.
>>
File: Cha smb.png (937 KB, 1726x980) Image search: [Google]
Cha smb.png
937 KB, 1726x980
>>14028792
>In fact the main reason why Kudelia gets so much shit from /m/ is because she has clear self-doubts and guilt.
she was a useless sack of shit for 20 episodes. even now her plans are back firing, if it wasn't for Orga and little cook girl she'd been squished by Ein.

dead and done
>>
>>14028792
>In fact the main reason why Kudelia gets so much shit from /m/ is because she has clear self-doubts and guilt.

No, it's because she sat around over half the series with doubts, depression and whining. The show revolved around her, a character that didn't get any development for a long time. Even now she barely does shit. The whole maiden of the revolution thing came out of left field and is forced as hell. It wasn't hinted at until Fumitan was about to die. The fact that a spy was placed with her when she was a damn child is retarded. People feared her from her childhood. Even after getting her so called development she doesn't do shit. Kudelia has done 1 thing since the show got to Earth.
>>
>>14028804
You're under the assumption that "usefulness" makes a character sympathetic or even well written.

You'd be wrong.
>>
>>14028513
She's the Anita Sarkeesian of outerspace.
>>
>>14028806
Stupid fuck.
>>
Was hoping she would be a bit of a cold hearted shark when it came to interacting with people in power and old money. Like she would know everything about the lives and connections of some of the people in gjarllhorn, and be a bit of a cynical bitch who felt super guilty when it came to things like with tekkadan sacrificing themselves for this....random bit of stupid bullshit that's going on in the story now.
>>
>>14028806
>The whole maiden of the revolution thing came out of left field and is forced as hell. It wasn't hinted at until Fumitan was about to die
lolwut?
She was referred to as the face of Martian independance way back in like episode 2.
>People feared her from childhood
More like her father put someone he trusted in charge of taking care of his child. And now that the child is becoming highly problematic, this person he still trusts is told to "take care of her".
>>14028804
>even now her plans are backfiring
Depends on your point of view. If she was deliberately attracting Ein's attention while Makanai made a break for the Parliament, then she'd have been successful even if she sacrificed herself to do it. Bear in mind she's been hanging out with a troupe of suicidal soldiers who have all been willingly getting themselves killed to accomplish her goals, she's more than willing to get herself killed if it accomplishes her goal.
>>
>>14028513
No, she Kudelia.

Stop projecting you dumbass troglodyte.
>>
>>14028529
Asshime would have thrown tekkadan under the bus and hop on Choco's cock.
>>
>>14028810

Perhaps not, but it certainly doesn't make them dull.
>>
>>14030241
Not necessarily. The chief complaint against Kira, for example, is that he's overly competent.
>>
Ass-hime 2.0. Relena was already doing stuff 25 episodes into Wing. Lacus was umm existing around this time...
>>
>>14030180
>lolwut?
>She was referred to as the face of Martian independance way back in like episode 2.

The maiden of the revolution crap was something Fumitan thought up when Kudelia was a child. Then you have the fact that Kudelia is the face of the independence movement but no one knows what she looks like.

>More like her father put someone he trusted in charge of taking care of his child. And now that the child is becoming highly problematic, this person he still trusts is told to "take care of her".

Except Fumitan had a whole stake in killing Kudelia as it would benefit her too. It wasn't as simple as someone her father trusts.
>>
>>14030253

Well even Asseylum had been more proactive by this point in A/Z.
>>
>>14030256
Fanfiction time?
The "Maiden of the Revolution" was from a book that Fumitan showed Kudelia. That was to show that Kudelia has wanted to be the kind of person who inspires others ever since she was little.
>the face of the independence movement
Only one guy *in a colony around earth* was shown to be totally unaware what the face of *martian* independence looked like. That's not really surprising since the Dorts aren't anywhere near Mars. To them she's the leader they've heard about of a movement similar to theirs, she's not even part of their movement until the assassination plot puts her there by planting weapons for their movement on her ship.
>Fumitan had a whole stake in killing Kudelia
You're going to have to explain that, because I have no idea what you're talking about here.
>>
>>14030314
I don't know how much of this is headcanon shit made up from incomplete memories of the Dort arc but is it possible they didn't know her as the Mars revolutionist at all, and only knew her names through the mailing label on the weapons agreement? That would explain why they didn't recognize her.

If that's the case, it was either poorly done or everyone here is retarded. Not sure which until I rewatch the scenes.
>>
>>14030258
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>14030330
They probably only knew what they were told as part of the set-up for the assassination. They'd likely have heard about the Mars Independence Movement and maybe had heard her name, but she wasn't really a celebrity outside of Mars and the politicians she knew. No doubt a considerable portion of the Dorts' opinion of her was due to the fact that they were expecting her to be empowering them with weapons. She was their new favorite person for obvious reasons, but may not have known anything about her at all prior to that. She was lobbying the Parliament for Mars and they were in factory colonies around earth dealing with their own problems.
Also yes, everyone here is retarded.
>>
We spend so much time with Kudelia being useless, and then it goes "okay she's being competent now" and she's still useless and you lose the excuse of "b-but she'll be better later".
>>
>>14030180
>Depends on your point of view. If she was deliberately attracting Ein's attention while Makanai made a break for the Parliament, then she'd have been successful even if she sacrificed herself to do it. Bear in mind she's been hanging out with a troupe of suicidal soldiers who have all been willingly getting themselves killed to accomplish her goals, she's more than willing to get herself killed if it accomplishes her goal.
The whole thing worked because of retarded writing and Ein talking instead of smashing her head and then moving to kill other Orphans.
>>
>>14030318
>Only one guy *in a colony around earth* was shown to be totally unaware what the face of *martian* independence looked like.
You forgot the soldiers from Ganjajohn.
>>
>>14030386
I'll have to rewatch. I think you're attributing a bit much to the assassination plan, which wasn't really confirmed until Fumitan got that message, while the riots were separate and planned in advance.

I'd argue that everyone in the anime (or should I say, working on the anime) is more retarded than us, at least.
>>
>>14030421
They've been trying to kill her the entire show. Even Kudelia realized it, that's why she hired Tekkadan to be her bodyguards. She was supposed to die at CGS, they tried to get her again in Mars orbit, and they set up a trap for her at the Dorts. It's been the central conflict of the whole show.
>>
>>14030318
>The "Maiden of the Revolution" was from a book that Fumitan showed Kudelia. That was to show that Kudelia has wanted to be the kind of person who inspires others ever since she was little.

Which was only brought up around the time Fumitan was killed. It was never mentioned before. it came out of nowhere.

>Only one guy *in a colony around earth* was shown to be totally unaware what the face of *martian* independence looked like. That's not really surprising since the Dorts aren't anywhere near Mars. To them she's the leader they've heard about of a movement similar to theirs, she's not even part of their movement until the assassination plot puts her there by planting weapons for their movement on her ship.

The people who wanted her did didn't seem to know what she looked like. Neither did the people who wanted to capture her.

>You're going to have to explain that, because I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Fumitan would have benefited from Kudelia dying.
>>
>>14030475
They don't plan the schemes way in advance. They set it up, at best, a week ahead of their arrival at any given place. Because each time they expect her to die at the last one like retards.
>>
>>14030341
You do realize that Seylum at this same point is already Empress of Vers, right?

Kudelia's relevance is just an extension of Tekkadan's resolve, while Seylum, even though not many will agree with her actions, has always been active when she can help, both finales of bout course had her actively participate which was indeed more than Kudelia has done
>>
>>14028513
Shinku 2.0
>>
>>14030619
truly worthless junk.
>>
I think Kudelia's Kudelia. A whole new breed.

Relena, love or hate her, was important to the plot but I always felt like the show generally understood you weren't interested in her as a character that much so it didn't really try to. I she a plot device that the show maybe spent a bit too much time on at times? Maybe...but at least she was never made to be more than what she was.

Lacus...you could say a lot about Lacus, but at least she...did things. She was the captain of a ship, she was a politician. She...did things. Not always well written but she DID THINGS.

Kudelia is like a whole new combination of the worst traits of the above. She's not useful, and yet the series spends so much time trying to convince us that she's an interesting character when she's just not.

I wasn't expecting her to pick up a gun or pilot something, or anything... I understand the point of her character, but the show has had no business spending so much time on this character when she would have been just fine as a plot device along for the ride. Not when there were WAY more pressing things to spend episodes on.
>>
>>14030658
I don't even know why people are forcing comparisons to Asseylum when she was active the first time. Her distraction of the Orbital Knight was instrumental to how they won that first Kat Battle.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 301x167
>>14030666
Asseylum maybe is a bad character, but was certainly more useful.
>>
>>14030666

I think it's because Asseylum was...consequential. For all of Aldnoah Zero's immense flaws, I at least understood why the Princess was so critically important.

Ultimately though I still think what it comes down to is just how much time was spent on her. I never really felt like they spent an excess amount of time on Asseylum beyond what was necessary...which is my beef with Kudelia.

Kudelia's basically...the torch, and Tekkadan's the runners trying to run the torch over to the cauldron to light the fire. I'm not gonna get mad at the torch being basically a stick with a flame at the end and nothing more...but I am going to get a little miffed if the camera is put on permanent close up to the torch, with narration trying to convince you that the torch is interesting.

That's...the best way I can sum up my feelings on this character.
>>
>>14030658
>She was the captain of a ship,

Andy was the one who gave the orders on the Eternal

>she was a politician.

Not really

>she a plot device

How the fuck was Relena a plot device? Relena grew as a character and she didn't appear just to advance the plot. That was Lacus. Lacus only appeared to tell Kira or Lacus what they needed to do, to give Kira a way of getting to space for Freedom, to give Athrun a reason to fight against ZAFT, to give Freedom and Justice Meteor, to give Kira Freedom in Destiny, to reveal Durandals evil plan, to give Kira Strike Freedom and to give Athrun Infinite Justice and a reason to fight against ZAFT, again.

Lacus is the biggest plot device in all of Gundam.
>>
>>14030703

>Lacus is the biggest plot device in all of Gundam

Oh I'm not gonna argue that. I'm not arguing any of what you just said.

I'm just saying...she did...things. Which is more than I can say for this character.
>>
>>14030703
It's all intended though. You can't be "Lady of the Lake" without giving new swords to your Arthurs.

That wasn't the problem, the problem was because they gave her a wierd piece of character dev.
>>
>>14028513
"Oh, your straight and forward looking eyes! The eyes of a mass-murdering psychopath! They make my panties cream! Please kill me next, Mikazuki!! I want to cum as I dieee!!!!"
>>
>>14028513
Neutered Relena who is on her way to be Neutered Lacus
>>
>>14030483
>Which was only brought up around the time Fumitan was killed. It was never mentioned before. it came out of nowhere.

They used a picture that looked like on of the french revolution, you would think they would think twice while reading about the reign of terror.
>>
>>14028513
She's SUGOI.
>>
>>14029226

>fighting an actual tangible problem that exists outside the heads of a bunch of drama queens
>actually puts in work and tries to finish her job
>isn't all about the money

Not really.
>>
>>14028654
Is Kudelia aware that there will be more causalities by continuing with her plan than doing nothing?
>>
>>14028513
Neither. Kudelia has no actual influence on the event of the story.
>>
>>14030483
>Fumitan had a stake in killing Kudelia
>explain that
>Fumitan would have benefited
That's not an explanation, that's just restating your assertion. That doesn't explain what you mean, you just repeated yourself. That did not clarify what you meant, it only reworded what you'd already said.

What did she have to gain, when was this stated and/or why are you imagining it?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.