[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could get rid of either Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny or Aldnoah.Zero,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: .png (153 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
.png
153 KB, 500x281
If you could get rid of either Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny or Aldnoah.Zero, which would it be?
>>
>>14027348

Aldnoah Zero S2.
>>
File: pleb.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
>>14027348
Aldnoah S2

Coffee for everyone
>>
File: delicious cakes.jpg (59 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
delicious cakes.jpg
59 KB, 640x360
>>14027348

Aldnoah Zero, because it made fuck all sense.

Only thing I liked about it were Magbaredge and her assistant.
>>
>>14027348
Do I get to replace them with something else, or do they just vanish?
>>
>>14027593
Try both scenarios.
>>
File: 07.jpg (619 KB, 1024x1484) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
619 KB, 1024x1484
>>14027348
Neither. I've invested too much time shitposting about both of them to want to get rid of either of them.
>>
>>14027348
Removing Gundam Seed would cause a time paradox.

Removing Aldnoah Zero is not gonna change anything because in the end it's pretty much nothing.
>>
Seed.
AZ had no impact on anything where Seed spawned a bunch of retards.
>>
>>14027348
is this a go back in time and prevent it from ever happening kind of thing? because I'm pretty sure removing seed/destiny kills gundam
>>
>>14027348
I've never seen A/Z, so I guess that.
Also that would, by extension, pre-empt that whole "STICK TO A/Z" thing from the G-Reco threads.

Also Freedom, Duel, Providence, and Legend were fucking awesome.
>>
>>14027348
Hmm, a choice between Astray or that OST... Bad OP!
>>
SEED....

At the very least, I enjoyed Aldnoah.Zero.
Anyways being rid of SEED would at least rid the world of SEED Destiny.
>>
>>14027348
>If you could get rid of either Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny or Aldnoah.Zero, which would it be?

No contest, Aldnoah.Zero. Gundam Seed/Destiny for all their shortcomings are way way better character-wise, story-wise, music-wise than Aldnoah. Zero. The only thing that might redeem a tiny little bit Aldnoah.Zero is some action sequences and small parts of its music.
Furthermore, Aldnoah.Zero doesn't feel epic in scope whereas Seed/Destiny does.
>>
>>14027348
Get rid of Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny will prevent the trend that causes show like Aldnoah Zero to be made.

Kills two birds with one stone.
>>
>>14028626
Maybe not kills, but like a Jenga game, you risk undoing a whole lot of other titles in the process.
>>
Neither; for all their faults, there are aspects of each that I like (mostly their opening/ending themes). Now, Cross Ange...
>>
>>14028700
Cross Ange was stupid as fuck, but it was fun. I'd keep it around.
>>
>>14028711
Cross Ange was so bad that when Banrise started restructuring it shitcanned the Nerima studio unit.
>>
>>14027527
I wanna give the XO dating tips as I plow her into the mattress.
>>
>>14027404
AZ is getting a second season?
>>
>>14028889
ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>14028711
>but it was fun.
Only if you're retarded
>>
>>14027348
If you remove SEED A/Z ceases to exist so you're killing two birds with one stone.
>>
Reminder that if you get rid of Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, there's a chance that /m/ would not exist.
>>
>>14029138
Yeah if you consider this it's hard to pick A/Z
>>
>>14028700
Shut your whore mouth, Ange is a miracle of the universe
>>
>>14029396
Dat shit taste.
>>
Are Victory Gundam or Zeta Gundam options?
>>
Seed/Destiny so I at least wouldn't see fucking shitposters making threads about it hourly.
>>
Aldnoah is shittier, but I like that one ending song and Slaine's design, so Destiny.
>>
>>14029519
;)
>>
>>14030235
But Seed Destiny also good songs.
>>
>>14027348
Aldnoah. Seed was still "okay", while Aldnoah was immediately horrible, especially after the first three episodes.
>>
>>14030246
Yes, but AlieZ was my favorite song in a long time. Really wasted on it.
>>
A/Z. As shit as SEED and Destiny were, they revived Gundam's popularity. A/Z did nothing for anybody.
>>
without gundam seed there would be no seed destiny so I'll go with seed.

while AZ wasn't great I actually enjoyed the kat designs.
>>
SEED and Destiny were pure trash but had god tier endings and openings so A/Z
>>
File: 1390663882653.png (576 KB, 970x1038) Image search: [Google]
1390663882653.png
576 KB, 970x1038
>>14027348
AZ.

Shit-talking Seed and Destiny on /m/ and /a/ were fun times, so did all the various OCs and image edits that came out of it. Meanwhile, I barely remember any notable stuff that AZ threads came up with. Apart from all the Gundam references that is, which kinda proves my point.
>>
I wouldn't get rid of either to be honest.

SEED Destiny, as bad as it was, set a precedent of what not to do. If it wasn't SEED Destiny, another show would have eventually become as infamous a mistep.

I guess I just never really cared enough about Aldnoah Zero to begin with to want to wish it out of existence. I just thought of it as an interesting premise marred by a horrendous deus ex machina of a protagonist, and some shifts in consistency that made it not live up to its potential.

If I had to choose one, probably Aldnoah cause I guess at this point its pretty expendable. I whole heartedly believe SEED Destiny has value, not for quality, but as the set bottom bar.
>>
>>14030607
If only Destiny was a third option. Doing that would've made SEED's ending more bearable.

you'd have:
>A still unstable world thanks to a power vacuum created by the TSA's intervention
>Kira becoming a depressed, tortured soul
>Lacus being unable to do anything because she's on exile
>Murrue grieving Mwu's loss
>Athrun struggling to find his new self while being on Orb.

over

FLAWLESS VICTORY.
>>
>>14030607
the real irony is that if A/Z followed SEED's simple formula, it would've catapulted to popularity. Even CG had some aspects of it inspired by SEED.
>>
>>14030656
Then it may have gotten a horrible second season.

At least if it just shored up its problems with its characters and setting it wouldn't have been as criticized.
>>
>>14030656
I think it would have been better if they had left Inaho and the princess death and focus on Rayet, Slaine, Lemrina (she was interesting when she wasn't all about muh sister), and others struggling to fix without plot devices thrown in.
>>
Without the ultimate buttrage that GSD caused, /m/ would be /m/usic
>>
>>14030607
Thank you Destiny and SEED for doing everything wrong at once. I shall not forget your sacrifice to Gundam, and I pray that Bandai will not either, despite recent missteps.
>>
>>14027348
Valvrave because both are awesome
>>
This is a pretty dumb choice, as the first halves of both shows are pretty decent. If Destiny were never made, Seed would rank up there as one of my favorites. Aldnoah had lots of potential and the cliffhanger for the first half was batshit insane. Unfortunately the second cour decided to tone it down and play it safe while delivering one of the most anti-climactic endings in the history of mecha anime.
>>
>>14035387
I liked the first 30 episodes of Seed.
>Aldnoah had lots of potential and the cliffhanger for the first half was batshit insane.
Aldnoah already had consistency problems in the first half. Although they could have fixed that by removing a few lines.

>Unfortunately the second cour decided to tone it down and play it safe while delivering one of the most anti-climactic endings in the history of mecha anime.
The amount of shit done to save Inaho in the second half was obnoxious. Shot down ship starts working, the activation factor decided to activate the drive on its own and the head wound wasn't instantly lethal.
>>
>>14027348
AZ. Only redeemable thing was the onee-san while SEED/Destiny gave me entertainment.
>>
>>14033666
>and focus on Rayet, Slaine, Lemrina
That sounds horrible when all of them are insufferable. It's best if the show doesn't exist, nothing you do can fix it.
>>
>>14035942
Main problem with Slaine and Lemrina was muh hime if she was dead they would actually have a bit more room for character development.
>>
>>14035387
>If Destiny were never made, Seed would rank up there as one of my favorites
DAT SHIT TASTE
>>
>>14036046
>if she was dead they would actually have a bit more room for character development

I feel it would end up worse than it was or not much different, because let's face it, she was basically dead for most of the 2nd season. She wasn't doing anything to hold back the writers from developing anyone better. Even if the writing was terrible, Slaine got his share of development, though Lemrina was left out in the cold in every way.
The staff always wanted to follow Butcher's ending idea of Asseylum's political marriage so a version of the story where she's dead could not even exist.
Plus I don't think they'd stop hoisting Hime over the character's heads even if she were dead. The director/staff like her too much and she and Slaine had the biggest shipper fanbase in japan, after Inaho/Slaine. They would find a way to continue drilling the Muh Hime into the audience's head. Lemrina was basically a siscon. She was completely obsessed with her. A lot would have to be reworked to not get the Muh Hime whining and the writers simply weren't interested in that story.
>>
I genuinely like SEED, so get rid of Aldnoah
>>
>>14036336
They kind of needed to split from the Butcher instead of doing a bad version of it.
Half the cast was obsessed with her she kind of ruined the story even while she was incapacitated.

>Lemrina was basically a siscon. She was completely obsessed with her.
She was jealous for the most part and then guilty when she thought she killed her.
>>
>>14027527
But they were shit.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.