[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ACVD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Armored-Core-Verdict-Day-Logo.jpg (239 KB, 650x361) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-Verdict-Day-Logo.jpg
239 KB, 650x361
Should I buy this if I liked Armored Core For Answer?
Does it have enough single player content?
>>
>>14027024
>Should I buy this if I liked Armored Core For Answer?
No, it plays differently and is a lot slower then ACFA.

>Does it have enough single player content?
Yes and no, the singleplayer content on offer is rather short when compared to past games in the series but Hardcore mode kinda offsets the short lenght.
>>
>>14027024

Single player content is practically nonexistent, only buy it if you want to play MP

VD is very different from the previous ten or so AC games, less emphasis on verticality, slower movement, exaggerated systems of defenses, and a more elaborate intel system, so you might be put off or you might like it
>>
>>14027024
No, buy it because it's better than For Answer.

There's more single player content than For Answer, but it's lower quality. It's more of a chess game in how difficult it is, whereas For Answer was more "pew pew having fun".

Verdict day is cold, brutal, and unforgiving. For Answer is a warm happy friend.

If you want another game close to For Answer, get Armored Core 3 (or emulate it on PC).
>>
>>14027499
I'd say that For Answer and 4 were the odd ones out. VD is very similar to the PS2 games, but with some changes to how movement is done (wall jumping + quick boost).

There's probably more vertical gameplay in VD than there was in previous AC games, because you can hover in the air instead of having to jump up and down.
>>
>>14031228
>I'd say that For Answer and 4 were the odd ones out

That's because you're a weirdo.

V/D are definitely the more granular, more unforgiving, and technically more impressive games, but 4/A are overall closer, gameplay-wise, to the overall AC formula.

However V/D's SP missions manage to be closer to some of the longer, more grueling 1-series and 3-series games.

Also Maggie is best girl since Sera Cross and I will fucking fight you.
>>
>>14027024
It's not like ACFA, but you should buy it anyways because it's great.
>>
>>14031261
Math-wise, yeah AC4/FA is similar to the PS2 games, but gameplay wise they are vastly different. The big thing that makes AC4/FA stand out as odd is the switch to thrust/weight values with asymptotic speed instead of using leg capacity and booster power with a speed cap, which almost every other game uses. This is why AC4/FA feels so much more "floaty" and less precise, which is why indoor fighting in AC4/FA is awkward.

Maggy gets all of my love.
>>
>>14031261
>4/A are overall closer, gameplay-wise, to the overall AC formula

Confirmed for not playing the original AC games. From themselves said the entire point of 5 was to go back to the basics because people bitched about how different 4 was. Gameplay wise 4/A are *completely* different games than any AC game prior to them.
>>
>>14032562
The V games are also completely different. Both them and the 4 games have quick boost, which completely changes the way the game handles, and makes them closer to each other that to the older games.
>>
File: 1415461025626.jpg (550 KB, 720x1008) Image search: [Google]
1415461025626.jpg
550 KB, 720x1008
>>14031316
Maggy would be good for no other reason that having the same VA as Serene Haze, and being a similar grizzled operator. And since Serene Haze was the best operator in the series...
>>
>>14032574
Quick boost is overrated in ACVD. It's not like FA where quick boost totally threw off people's lock on and you could use it to disappear from the screen. VD uses it more of a way to pop in and out of cover, because it's so limited.

It's the wall jumping that makes VD play different from the rest of the series.
>>
>>14032574
And honestly, quick boost and wall jumping make VD much more engaging PvP-wise. It requires some incredible reflexes and tactics to master, whereas the PS2 games were mostly about abusing turning speed or overboost and trying to pressure the opponent into wasting all their ammo.
>>
>>14032562
>Confirmed for not playing the original AC games

That's true, I did start with Project Phantasma
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.