[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I've heard that Macross II sucks bad so I just have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: macross ii.jpg (101 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
macross ii.jpg
101 KB, 400x600
Okay, I've heard that Macross II sucks bad so I just have to know myself. Are there any significant differences between the "movie" and the OVA, or are they pretty much the same thing?

The reason I ask is because I can find the movie all over the place, but I can't find the OVA anywhere that's not Hulu.
And because I'm from the stone age nothing in my house can work Hulu.
>>
>>14021841
They're pretty much the same thing. The "movie" is just the six OVA episodes combined as one.

While it's not the best Macross, it's not the worst either. You might enjoy it.
>>
>>14021888
>it's not the worst
Personally I'd say it is, but that doesn't mean that II is awful. It just means that the rest of Macross is better.
>>
File: 1435035878434.jpg (171 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
1435035878434.jpg
171 KB, 1500x1125
>>14021841
People act like it's gutter trash when in reality it's just really bland.

Standard fare for the time, a few interesting ideas but ultimately half-baked.

Some really good mechanical designs and settings though, along with really strong Mikimoto character design.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.