[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true /m/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9
File: garigari-ein.png (268 KB, 768x430) Image search: [Google]
garigari-ein.png
268 KB, 768x430
Dropped IBO on episode 17 after learning ep18 was more Kudelia Sugoi bullshit. I just need a yes or no answer from you people, have these 2 turned IBO from a pile of shit to a fine plate of poo in the loo cuisine?
>>
>>14018825
Not so much, more that they're the last remaining shred of decency in an ever more-festering trash heap.
>>
>>14018829
well, that saved from falling into the Gaelio-Ein meme. Many thanks, anon.
>>
>>14018825
One literally became a mobile suit.
>>
Ein saved this show.
>>
>>14018825
Gali-Gali is the hero /m/ deserves.

Ein became a Graze Gundam.... and may've killed two named characters.
>>
>>14018825
Wow, you sound like such a fagot.

I'm going to say no on principle of not wanting you further shitting up any discussion about IBO (which are pretty crappy already).
>>
File: 1458496295893.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1458496295893.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>14018885
>>14018929
The cutes Graze
>>
File: 1458043783854.jpg (357 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458043783854.jpg
357 KB, 1280x720
>>14018825
This happend to Ein and now he is on a waifu killing murder spree.
>>
>>14018885
>>14018948
Setsuna must be at least a little jelly. Though achieving alien contact/assimilation is nothing to sneeze at either. I wonder how Ein gets his sustenance and disposes of bodily wastes now that he's essentially connected to his mobile suit.
>>
>>14019004
the logic leading to the conclusion that becoming a robot was better than losing your dick must have being handled pretty well by Okada.
>>
>>14018825
It's shit for at least 15 episodes and probably more with a decent ending. You're already past the worst part, if you want to watch the rest for completionist sake.
>>
>>14018825
Pacing went nuts on ep 24 as if the staff received word that they failed to earn a 3rd cours for the show. Make of that what you will.

Ein becomes a fine maker of salsa. Gaelio-Ein combo ends up demonstrating how being upstanding citizens makes them pawns for mastermind personalities.
>>
>>14018825
Still awful. Everyone seems to just be watching for Galigali but it's not worth it.
>>
how many episodes left?
>>
>>14019072

Pacing is really no different than 23.
>>
>>14019175
Only one.
>>
>>14019200
its a 25 episode series?
>>
>>14019294
We don't know. There are rumors circulating about a second season, but the show is doing so poorly nothing is for sure. IBOfags talk about it like it's confirmed though.
>>
File: 2016-03-12%2010.15.20.jpg (473 KB, 941x530) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-12%2010.15.20.jpg
473 KB, 941x530
>>14019299
> selling poorly
gunpla says otherwise
>>
>>14019558
>We don't know. There are rumors circulating about a second season, but the show is doing so poorly nothing is for sure. IBOfags talk about it like it's confirmed though.

>IBOfags in charge of reading comprehension

He never said it was selling poorly in his post. He said it was doing poorly in terms of BD sales and TV viewing ratings (inb4 >they're streaming it!!!).
It's only select kits that are selling really well (and we only have anecdotal evidence for that), everything that's not the Barbatos or a Graze is dead on arrival.
>>
>>14019624
>BD sales
I hate IBO as much as the next guy but its BD sales are good, we can't say whether it's good enough or not because we don't know Banrise's sells projections but at this point if you're not getting AGE numbers you're doing well. In terms of Gunpla I think people need to shut the fuck up about that since we're never gonna get proper numbers for those and a random pic from one stores says nothing.
>>
>>14019641
BD sales are slightly above G-Reco's. Ratings (if I remember correctly) are slightly below G-Recos's. I've been seeing the gunpla go on sale pretty frequently but not at major markdowns (someone had a pic of some kits at 75%-80% markdown but that sounds like the whole store is doing shitty) but I rarely see them gathering dust. You're totally right though since these aren't as big of factors as people make them out to be.

Besides the dub announcement (probably doesn't mean a ton) and prime time spot (only matters for ratings), we have no indication that IBO is supposed to bring in Bandai tons of cash. It's probably aimed right around where they're selling, and I hate the show too. It'll be forgotten in a few months besides some "still a better character than IBO" posts and Bandai won't be hurt if show shoe doesn't meet expectations. The show actually delivered exactly what was expected of it: Filler.
>>
>>14019716
Honestly while they did drop the ball pretty fucking hard with it this is still the first AU ever that has sustained my interest for a full season. Though that's more a comment on how fucking atrocious every Gundam AU ever has been than something positive about this show.
>>
File: 1457745012629.jpg (573 KB, 941x530) Image search: [Google]
1457745012629.jpg
573 KB, 941x530
>>14019558
Carta's suit is really popular
>>
File: IBO 1-20 Ratinga.jpg (130 KB, 555x573) Image search: [Google]
IBO 1-20 Ratinga.jpg
130 KB, 555x573
>>14019716
>Ratings (if I remember correctly) are slightly below G-Recos's.
The average is still going to be higher than G-Reco (but below AGE), but this second cour has seen some pretty bad ratings. Consider G-Reco averaged 1.8% for it's entire run at 2 am, whereas IBO has managed to have an episode with 1.2%.

> we have no indication that IBO is supposed to bring in Bandai tons of cash

Well, there's one other thing. IBO has a wider variety of merchandise than either Build Fighters or G-Reco. Like, it's expected to sell pencil cases, towels, fannypacks, all that kind of shit with the characters' faces plastered on them.
>>
>>14020384
I'm not going to start a flame war over this but IBO is one of the least interesting AU to date in my opinion. If it didn't have the Gundam name I would have dropped it in the middle of Dort, when I realized that the Brewers arc was a sign of things to come. I almost did but I decided to finish it like I have with every other AU. SEED may have had a worse story but I was actually more invested with the characters and their petty drama.

Maybe it's because my expectations were so let down.

Also
>G didn't hold your attention
If nothing else, this is a sin.
>>
>>14020384
>He find G-gundam interesting
What is wrong with you anon?
How could you not like master Asia and his Mech piloting horse?
>>
>>14020521
G Gundam is good for a handful of episodes at the start, a couple in the middle and a handful at the end. People tend to forget the mindbogglingly dull and repetitive filler that makes up the majority of the show and just remember the high points(which to be fair are very high). It has maybe about 12 episodes at most worth watching all told.
>>
>>14020537
Just rewatched it recently, the middle wasn't that bad. Not great but still not really dull.
>>
>>14020494
what exactly were you expecting in the first place? I went in with nothing except "it's Gundam" and I have been enjoying it a lot so far even if today's episode made me really sad
>>
The child soldier angle is neat even though poorly done. The fact that its more insurgency than war is neat even though poorly done. The fact that it's all ballistic weaponry and physical weapons with no beam tech in sight is pretty cool despite kinda poor fight animation. The music though repetitive appeals to me.

It ain't great but honestly I've enjoyed this more than any other Gundam from the past 10 years.
>>
>>14020537
Please tell us this wonderful show that is on maximum climax for the entire 52 episodes, it's not possible. Shorter shows tend to have less filler.
>>
>>14020595
There's a wonderful little show that I consider to be fully entertaining for its entire run. It's a little show called "Mobile Suit Gundam". You may have heard of it.
>>
>>14020609
Then you have a terrible idea of what high points in a series are. You can't have 20 climaxes per episode.
>>
>>14020616
Dude I have no idea where you're getting this "climaxes per episode" shit whatever the fuck that is.

Fact is while maybe 20% of G Gundams episodes might be good 80% of them are shit not worth watching. The vast majority of the show is terrible.

0079 is a show where maybe a small handful of episodes aren't great but the show is 90% good to great episodes. It's a good show throughout, not just a couple times over the course of its run.
>>
>>14020641
You seriously don't know what a climax in a narrative is? Then I'm going to stop talking to you.
>>
File: Disapproval.png (102 KB, 345x230) Image search: [Google]
Disapproval.png
102 KB, 345x230
>>14020653
Yep, that's definitely what I said.
>>
>>14020400
People will still army build it even with no standrad shoulder parts? Dumb choice on bandai's part. Maybe p-bandai 1/100 as redemption.
>>
>>14020589
honestly I think this show would be better if it... wasn't actually a Gundam show

I feel like the writing is constrained by the requirement to have giant robot fighting plus show the story that Mari Okada wanted to tell within 25 episodes. If we had more time to tell the stories of the characters more in depth and also more time to spend on actually focusing on the mobile suits instead of "oh hey they got upgraded again!!" I think this show would be better received. Well, as well received as a show about fucked up child soldiers could be.
>>
>>14020667
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climax_%28narrative%29
>>
>>14019299
Those rumors... ugh.

First GundamGuy goes and runs his mouth off about how the show is sooo popular it's getting a second season, all because of an Amazon posting saying season 1 on the soundtrack. This gets picked up by ANN and Crunchyroll, who do their own articles with the source. It gets twisted around by the fanbase, and now people are saying the DVDs are labelled season 1. It wouldn't really surprise me if it had an influence on the Newsletter Daisuki did either.

Never mind Amazon did the same thing with G-Reco's OST. I've also heard people say it's a misreport, and it's really supposed to say vol 1. or something.

But yeah, people really want to believe there will be a season 2. And that's not going into the guys who go "there is just too much plot in this show to wrap up next episode. There must be a season 2."
>>
>>14020692
I think you have severe issues with reading comprehension anon. Your responses are inane and have little to do with the content of my posts. You seem to be confused and upset and not thinking rationally.
>>
>>14020684
I think the show would have been better if it were a late night anime. It feels like it wants to be one, but can't because of it's timeslot.
>>
>>14020667
Did you not go to elementary school?
>>
>>14020714
I'm going to assume samefag since it seems unlikely that two anons would both make the same idiotic mistake and not fucking read shit properly.
>>
>>14020695
ANN and to a lesser extent Daisuki and Crunchyroll are desperate to create their own narrative where IBO is super popular and will definitely get a second season while other shows like G-Reco are commercial flops that crashed and burned.

They will repost any news that support this narrative no matter how flimsy the source or even if there is no source at all, all the while ignoring anything that contradicts them.
>>
File: IMG_46521.jpg (193 KB, 840x560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_46521.jpg
193 KB, 840x560
>>14020671
>even with no standrad shoulder parts?
>Dumb choice on bandai's part

That's why you buy the Barbatos Form 6 and swap the shoulders. IBO gunpla is dirt cheap.

>Doubting Bandai to get you to buy an extra kit.
>>
>>14020684
Can it be considered old vs. new?
Raw, brutal fighting against some honor codex?
Thought of Carta as another annoying pseudonoble Gyallahorn bitch, but ended up being slightly sad about her character.
Also, dat "GIMME PEOPLE TO KILL, ORGA!" and the impression if the glorious leader being a bitch and pressed into throwing Tekkadan in full suicide charge, that threw me a bit off. The dramatic chords never sounded that grotesque to me.
>>
>>14020723
You're the one that replied to my post and claimed 0079 was maximum climaxes throughout. When it clearly isn't.
>>
>>14020731

People are now telling me G-Reco didn't sell much Gunpla nowadays. I thought that was the show that exceeded expectations on Bandai's part?
>>
>>14020744
>G Gundam is a shit show where the vast majority of episodes are bad with only a small handful of good ones.
>"OH YEAH WELL NAME A SHOW THAT ISN'T MOSTLY SHIT THEN!"
>I think 0079 is a pretty consistently good show with very few bad episodes. It's very entertaining throughout.
>"YOU HAVE TERRIBLE TASTE! 0079 DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH CLIMAXES PER EPISODE TO BE GOOD!"

Honestly I've never seen someone rate how good a show is based on "climaxes per episode" before. I never brought the concept up and was never discussing it. You just got mad that I said G Gundam was shit and went full sperg lord.
>>
>>14020671
>>14020732
Dude, the only difference is the commander part has a longer middle plate. It doesn't have a thruster or anything, just trim it.
>>
>>14020767
You're the weird one if you consider every 0079 episode completely fucking awesome. There's always going to be slow points in a story no matter what.
>>
File: 1405790305483.png (75 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1405790305483.png
75 KB, 300x300
>>14020778
Not even him, but I can't help myself anymore.

>Fact is while maybe 20% of G Gundams episodes might be good 80% of them are shit not worth watching. The vast majority of the show is terrible.

>0079 is a show where maybe a small handful of episodes aren't great but the show is 90% good to great episodes. It's a good show throughout, not just a couple times over the course of its run.

That doesn't even mention the speed of the pace nor level of drama anywhere.
>>
>>14020695
It's going to be really weird, having one episode to have McGillis do anything villainous. I mean heck, it's like if Char or Graham only fought Amuro once and then after that was a mysterious benefactor. Feels... weird, man.
>>
>>14020589
I really don't like IBO but I'll admit I loved the concept too. It sounded like it was going to be a dramafest driven by OKADAAAA with knightly melee Gundams, edgy child soldiers, some moral decisions, MARS, and even some internal conflict in Tekkadan, which would have been enjoyable even as a trainwreck. Instead we got Tatsuyuki Nagai driving at 5mph through the equivalent of the Museum of Ancient Alien History's "Legendary Heroes of Space" section and the exhibits are crayon stills with someone giving me exposition over the intercom for hours. I'm bored and nobody acts believably. Not real life-normal or anime-normal, either, I mean Mika is the Autistic Violator half the time and the other half he just seems like Inaho's socially inept breed of autism. He's triggered by MUH FRIENDS but he's also calm in battle, but not sometimes. And his murderous rage only spurs Orga on, which the adults see as a bad thing but the musical score doesn't.

Honestly they could fix the characters in a Season 2, but it won't change the fact that the story ignored how broken they were in the first season. And good luck getting another 25 episodes out of "Char is the bad guy! What could happen next!?".
>>
>>14020800
Except there's no consensus since different people find different things entertaining.
>>
>>14020819
You seem to have an impressive ability to completely misunderstand what people are saying to you.
>>
>>14020743
>Also, dat "GIMME PEOPLE TO KILL, ORGA!" and the impression if the glorious leader being a bitch and pressed into throwing Tekkadan in full suicide charge, that threw me a bit off. The dramatic chords never sounded that grotesque to me.

This was kinda foreshadowed when Orga said way earlier in the show that he felt he had to look Cool all the time in front of Mika because he's supposed to lead and Mika is supposed to kill. Except Mika, for whatever reason, is a fucked up killbot who exists to put bullets in heads so Orga is under intense pressure to never stop, never falter.

Once they presented that dynamic between the two important figures of Tekkadan you know that something awful is going to happen when Orga inevitably falters because he demands unrealistic expectations of himself. The end result would either be that Orga does something really stupid to "keep being the Cool Leader" or Mika ditches him. Which is really unlikely since he's basically a hollow shell of a human being with no motivations aside from what Orga tells him.

The main conflict in the writing is really between what normal people (Merribit) expect of people and what these child soldiers expect of themselves. Our viewpoint shifts now and then, like how during Turbines-Brewers-Dort, things are really good for Tekkadan (POV of Tekkadan) and then when we hit Earth everything is god damn awful (POV of reality, as it were). Another really obvious one is how Orga shifts between Totally Awesome Leader when Tekkadan is involved but then is drawn and presented as an insecure kid when he's surrounded by adults.
>>
>>14020844
I guess Orga's design fooled me into thinking he is Kamina-esque character, but now i see the dynamic between the two of them, like the sled dogs. The leader in front and the angry one biting the hindlegs of those in front.

If these shifts in POV are intentional, I'm not sure if it's good writing. But a different one, for sure.
>>
>>14020589
>It ain't great but honestly I've enjoyed this more than any other Gundam from the past 10 years.

Then you have shit taste.
>>
>>14020684
>honestly I think this show would be better if it... wasn't actually a Gundam show

This is basically the problem with every AU ever.
>>
>>14019007
Graze=/=Gundam
Ein has yet to reach Based Setsunas level
>>
>>14018825
You got tricked by gru/m/py trolls.

IBO is rad, and now you've got a nice backlog of eps to binge on, congrats.
>>
>>14020964
>your objective opinion is different than mine

should of stuck with the 'but the ratings suck' rhetoric.

see you in season 2, haters!
>>
Kudelia is fine. She stopped being a wobbly waify peace princess a while ago. Now all she cares about is her fucking political deal.
>>
>>14019035
Going from 6 inches to 6 feet with no need for rest probably helped though.
>>
I really hope Gaylio wrecks McGillis, but lord knows that won't happen.
>>
>>14022494
Come back when you've actually watched other gundam shows first. See ya never, filthy casual.
>>
>>14020537
>People tend to forget the mindbogglingly dull and repetitive filler that makes up the majority of the show
But the vast majority of the show isn't filler at all.
>>
>>14022780
Think he's referring to the stock footage. As much as I loved how cheesy the show was, there was a ton of stock footage.
>>
>>14019558
As a person who's living in a country that exports gunplas, I would say IBO kits' prices are damn low compared to other kits.

00 kits are almost 10 years old but still costs almost double than what it should be.
>>
>>14020744
Please,stop using this "maximum climaxes" expression.Admittedly it was fairly hilarious the first time but it the fact that you would insist on using such terminology becomes kind of disturbing after a while.
If you can't concentrate on a show without at least several "ebic tweests" per episode I recommend you the following shows:
Guilty Crown
Valvrave the Liberator
Aldonah Zero
Cross Ange
>>
>>14022863
Even in Japan the prices are low. Barbatos goes for 1000 yen, about what you'd pay for a SD or 0079 MS.

Thing is, they're removing parts from kits to sell separately as Iron Blooded Arms.
>>
>>14022793
No, most of space travel was filler. Turbines was dumb, they didn't have a good role in the story anyway. Brewers was dumb, just an excuse to get a Gundam. Dort was dumb for many reasons. Re-entry was mediocre and then slowly got better.

These last two episodes are what we should have been seeing, or getting hints of, since the beginning.
>>
>>14023035
I was talking about G Gundam though. Turbines were more of support with space Fellini trying to be a good big bro to Orga. Brewers and Dort were dumb. Mediocre was your bi-weekly Mika curbstomp with added Graze surfboard atmospheric reentry.
>>
>>14020489
Why was G-Reco put on late night slot? Didn't Tomino said that it was for children?
>>
>>14023370

> Why was G-Reco put on late night slot?

The evidence suggests that the sponsors didn't expect it to sell well so they put it on late. It allowed them to focus on Try, their expected moneymaker.

> Didn't Tomino said that it was for children?

He did, and from reports was pissed off about the timeslot.
>>
>>14023430
The sponsors must've been high to put IBO on the current slot when it should've been late night.
>>
When people say "IBO is doing fine. It's selling better than G-Reco," they don't seem to realize that should be a given. It's all a matter of expectations.

G-reco:

> Aired late night.
> Little merchandise.
> Only HGs being sold.
> Had to compete against another Gundam show that was getting more exposure.
> First volume was full price.
> Didn't simulcast on Gundam.info in North America like Build Fighters.

Whereas IBO has

> One of Japan's best timeslots.
> Wider variety of merchandise.
> Volume 1 was sold at half-price with a promocode.
> Had a dub announced right as it started.
> HG and 1/100 NG lines.
> Streaming on major services worldwide.

There's more we could talk about, like how people keep saying G-Reco's Gunpla were half-assed by Bandai while IBO's are cheap with an internal frame. But you get the idea.

It becomes obvious looking at this IBO has greater expectations put on it. It's the show they want to make into a cornerstone of the franchise. It might be performing well, but considering the circumstances I'd expect it to perform better.
>>
>>14023468
Doesn't it seem counter productive for IBO to condemn child soldiers and the death machines they pilots, and then sell models that are based off said death machines?
>>
>>14023452
I agree, and the show's content has gotten it into trouble in Japan, but then they couldn't sell it to children. I think what happened was G-Reco showed Gundam could work as a late night anime, so IBO is trying to tap into that while also being able to sell it to kids.

>>14023484

More than any other Gundam?
>>
>>14023499
>More than any other Gundam?
I don't know what's the situation with other Gundams, but in Iron Blooded Orphans case, the show is trapped in a situation where the show is too violent for kids, and can't really sell the model kits with mechs based off the show. It sounds like the sponsors wanted to have it both ways, but somehow failed.
>>
>>14023544
We know some of the kits sell very well, like Barbatos and the Graze Ritter. I remember that when we first heard about the latter selling well, the impression was people were putting off on buying the Kimaris Trooper until they saw it in action.

I can see a few reasons for why some suits aren't selling.

> Too few fights to show off what a MS can do.
> Jobbing.
> The MS is unimportant (the Man Rodi and Turbine units).
> Too many variants.

And personally, I hate the idea of the Iron Blooded Arms line. Like, they're removing Barbie's Gun and selling it separate with weapons removed from the Graze kits. Ditto with the Kimaris Booster. That's some Ubisoft-level bullshit right there.
>>
>>14023593
I don't know who's at fault, but I'm leaning towards the writers for focusing more on a few characters(Mika, Kudelia, Orga, and everyone else wrestles for screentime) and less on the MS they pilot.
>>
>>14023544
>the show is trapped in a situation where the show is too violent for kids
From a western perspective. Not from a Japanese one.
>>
>>14026162
Ah, so it was the American PTA or Mothers' Association or whoever sent in complaints over the episodes? Gotcha.
>>
>>14026168
it was never confirmed what anime that article was talking about.

remember it was ANN that reported it
>>
>>14026257
No it was confirmed to be about IBO.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.